NATION

PASSWORD

In the Time of a Second Civil War, who would you support?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which side would you fight for?

Three Hurrahs for the Union!
33%
Rise the flag of Dixie!
21%
Neutrality is the best option here
5%
Your British and you know it, rejoin the Empire!
20%
Cthulhu shall rise
15%
Not American and do/can not care
5%

Total votes : 358

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:45 pm

greed and death wrote:
Galloism wrote:Nah, those were the decoys.

The beer was actually old urine that I left in them for the purpose of being stolen. The liquor was isopropyl alcohol that I use for cleaning things, and the still was just a flat-out decoy.

Gallo the Yankees came back, and this time they stole nana-kun

Poor Yankees.

She'll rip them apart.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Shalum
Minister

Founded: Oct 07, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Shalum » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:53 pm

For the union long love Kentucky
Conscription is the vitality of a nation, the purification of its morality, and the real foundations of all its habits.

It is better to be a warrior in a garden then to be a gardener in a war.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:54 pm

Galloism wrote:
greed and death wrote:
Gallo the Yankees came back, and this time they stole nana-kun

Poor Yankees.

She'll rip them apart.

We've already contacted your government and offered a complete surrender on the one condition that they take her back.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:56 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Galloism wrote:Poor Yankees.

She'll rip them apart.

We've already contacted your government and offered a complete surrender on the one condition that they take her back.

Good. This is acceptable.

My first act as ruler of your country is renaming it "Yankeeville".

The second act is naming Nanatsu as Vassal Ruler of Yankeeville.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Acrainia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Acrainia » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:56 pm

I would stay with the Union for sure.

I intend to be on the winning side and it's far easier to defect to the rebels if the war goes in their favor than crawl back to the Union if it doesn't.

Besides if the South couldn't win in the 1860's they sure as hell couldn't win now. Time has only worsened their position to rebel.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:57 pm

Galloism wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:We've already contacted your government and offered a complete surrender on the one condition that they take her back.

Good. This is acceptable.

We're rebelling.
~~~~~~~~

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:59 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Galloism wrote:Good. This is acceptable.

We're rebelling.

This is unwise.

I will have to dispatch my clone troops to fight you.

They're all clones of Nanatsu, by the way.

Benutanairan
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Benutanairan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:00 pm

Galloism wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:We're rebelling.

This is unwise.

Judge Dredd could beat your clone troopers any day.

Considering he's fought everything from Demons to giant monsters.
Last edited by Benutanairan on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS resident Frenchman/ Supporter of the UMP
Playing as Fascist France in Alternate Cold War
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=219575
1950 Shadows playing as US
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=219586

Serving as an Elemental priest in Elementals: Return of Kayorest
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=219722

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:02 pm

Galloism wrote:

This is unwise.

We'll never surrender,not if you're going to leave her in charge. When we run down to our last bullets, we'll put one through each of our heads.

THE NORTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!
~~~~~~~~

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:49 pm

Whoever isnt trying to take away my guns.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

The Unified Peoples
Civilian

Founded: Nov 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Peoples » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:02 pm

Not trying to rekindle a dead flame, but I strongly believe that if America was to have another civil war, then Britain would step in and pick a side. But let's be honest, has the first Civil War REALLY ended? If you think about the Southern states, racism and inequality is still there. Don't get me wrong but isn't that partly if not mainly what the war about to begin with?

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:07 pm

The Unified Peoples wrote:Not trying to rekindle a dead flame, but I strongly believe that if America was to have another civil war, then Britain would step in and pick a side. But let's be honest, has the first Civil War REALLY ended? If you think about the Southern states, racism and inequality is still there. Don't get me wrong but isn't that partly if not mainly what the war about to begin with?

Nope. The South wanted to keep their cheap labor, and was afraid Lincoln was going to take it away, so they gave him the middle finger and cut the cord rather than trying to talk it out. The Union said, "Like hell!" because they wanted to keep the cotton and tobacco exports from the South, plus it would make them look weak to the rest of the world if they just sat back and took it like pussies. In other words, the 600,000 people who died in the American Civil War did so because a bunch of rich, stuck-up snobs wanted to have the biggest e-peen contest in U.S. history.
~~~~~~~~

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:09 pm

The Unified Peoples wrote:Not trying to rekindle a dead flame, but I strongly believe that if America was to have another civil war, then Britain would step in and pick a side. But let's be honest, has the first Civil War REALLY ended? If you think about the Southern states, racism and inequality is still there. Don't get me wrong but isn't that partly if not mainly what the war about to begin with?

That's more like, Reconstruction never ended.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Seleucas
Minister

Founded: Jun 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Seleucas » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:11 pm

Depends on who is the one doing the seceding, and which one is trying to keep everyone in the Union. I would cast my lot in with whoever was rebelling.
Like an unscrupulous boyfriend, Obama lies about pulling out after fucking you.
-Tokyoni

The State never intentionally confronts a man's sense, intellectual or moral, but only his body, his senses. It is not armed with superior wit or honesty, but with superior physical strength. I was not born to be forced.
- Henry David Thoreau

Oh please. Those people should grow up. The South will NOT rise again.

The Union will instead, fall.
-Distruzio

Dealing with a banking crisis was difficult enough, but at least there were public-sector balance sheets on to which the problems could be moved. Once you move into sovereign debt, there is no answer; there’s no backstop.
-Mervyn King, Governor of the Bank of England

Right: 10.00
Libertarian: 9.9
Non-interventionist: 10
Cultural Liberal: 6.83

Srboslavija
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Srboslavija » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:11 pm

I wouldn't be comfortable sharing a trench with whatever side the LGBTs are on. #JustSaying
Pro: #FreeCrimea, justice, peace, LGBTIQ rights, love, choice, YOLO, God, separation of church and state, hugs, equal rights, most NSG moderators
Anti: war, hypocrisy, imperialism, homophobia, guns, inequality, racism, sexism

Agymnum
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Agymnum » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:28 pm

Srboslavija wrote:I wouldn't be comfortable sharing a trench with whatever side the LGBTs are on. #JustSaying

So you're on neither side.

Well the closest side to you would be Dixie but I'm sure that even they have a few closeted LGBTs, so...
Glorious puppet of Highfort

Torcularis Septentrionalis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Torcularis Septentrionalis » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:37 pm

Union, please and thanks.
Someone save me from Tennessee.
The Andromeda Islands wrote:This! Is! A! Bad! Idea!
Furious Grandmothers wrote:Why are you talking about murder when we are talking about abortion? Murdering a fetus is impossible. It's like smelling an echo. You're not making sense.

20 year old female. Camgirl/student. Call me Torc/TS/Alix

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:45 pm

Roan Cara wrote:
Kakistopolis wrote:I'd wait for the government to collapse and start fighting anyone trying to replace it. With anything.

off topic, sorry but I have to say, my husband would LOVE your flag

Yes I do. Kick-ass flag!
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

Srboslavija
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Srboslavija » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:54 pm

Agymnum wrote:
Srboslavija wrote:I wouldn't be comfortable sharing a trench with whatever side the LGBTs are on. #JustSaying

Well the closest side to you would be Dixie but I'm sure that even they have a few closeted LGBTs, so...

South side it is then.

They won't tell as long as I don't ask, so we'll be good to go.
Pro: #FreeCrimea, justice, peace, LGBTIQ rights, love, choice, YOLO, God, separation of church and state, hugs, equal rights, most NSG moderators
Anti: war, hypocrisy, imperialism, homophobia, guns, inequality, racism, sexism

Agymnum
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Agymnum » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:08 pm

Srboslavija wrote:
Agymnum wrote:

South side it is then.

You know, people get quite lonely in the foxholes at night.

Giggedy.
Glorious puppet of Highfort

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Galloism wrote:

This is unwise.

And we now have admission that Gallo rules the universe.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:10 pm

Agymnum wrote:
Srboslavija wrote:
South side it is then.

You know, people get quite lonely in the foxholes at night.

Giggedy.

:lol:
Hail Satan!

Adventus Secundus
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Adventus Secundus » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:51 am

Hey sonny, come up to Chicago and you'll see that racism and inequality are alive and well here, too. Or head over to California and just watch how racist those people are towards Asians. Yanks are probably more racist than Johnny Rebs, they just don't like to admit it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz_GLcumolw
“The supreme function of reason is to show man that some things are beyond reason”---Blaise Pascal
"Just by being themselves, they make the best case against humanism." Luke Winkie

Constantinopolis wrote:
To paraphrase C.S. Lewis, I would choose to live as if God existed even if I knew He didn't. Either I am on the side of Life Victorious, or I am making a defiant but hopeless last stand against the all-consuming abyss. It does not really matter which it is. I am doing the right thing either way.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:54 am

Adventus Secundus wrote:

Hey sonny, come up to Chicago and you'll see that racism and inequality are alive and well here, too. Or head over to California and just watch how racist those people are towards Asians. Yanks are probably more racist than Johnny Rebs, they just don't like to admit it...

Perhaps but at least we didn't institutionalize it through laws specifically designed to discriminate against minorities and then get upset when someone protested about that.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:08 am

Adventus Secundus wrote:

Of course you have sources for those claims right?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General