NATION

PASSWORD

Who's your favourite god or goddess?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:48 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:
I find that quite fascinating too, but I find Innana to be too much of a spoilt teen bitch for my liking.

I blame that notion on many of her followers than of the goddess herself. Perhaps the whole deal with the sacred prostitution practiced in her temples along the Nile had something to do with the way Innana is perceived at times.

My issues with her have more to do with her temper tantrums and the way she treats her lovers. And, despite being the goddess of war, she had to rely on Ninshubur for protection from Enki.
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:52 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
I blame that notion on many of her followers than of the goddess herself. Perhaps the whole deal with the sacred prostitution practiced in her temples along the Nile had something to do with the way Innana is perceived at times.

My issues with her have more to do with her temper tantrums and the way she treats her lovers. And, despite being the goddess of war, she had to rely on Ninshubur for protection from Enki.

It's important to note that temper tantrums were something common in many goddesses. And gods, for that matter. When Zeus got into a temper, the stories say he would start throwing lightning bolts.

In any case, I do agree that Innana had a tendency to lean too much on Ninshubur.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:55 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:

It's important to note that temper tantrums were something common in many goddesses. And gods, for that matter. When Zeus got into a temper, the stories say he would start throwing lightning bolts.

In any case, I do agree that Innana had a tendency to lean too much on Ninshubur.

Yeah, but Zeus never threatened to tear down the gates of the underworld if he didn't get his way right now! :p And, so far as I know, he didn't make a habit of cursing lovers when he got bored of them.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

YellowApple
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby YellowApple » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:57 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Yeah, but Zeus never threatened to tear down the gates of the underworld if he didn't get his way right now! :p And, so far as I know, he didn't make a habit of cursing lovers when he got bored of them.

He did, however, make a habit of impregnating women with half-god-half-man children in increasingly zany, over-the-top, and ridiculous ways. He was a Rube Goldberg machine of divine sex.

Mallorea and Riva should resign
Member of the One True Faith and Church. Join The Church of Derpy today!

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:02 pm

YellowApple wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:

He did, however, make a habit of impregnating women with half-god-half-man children in increasingly zany, over-the-top, and ridiculous ways. He was a Rube Goldberg machine of divine sex.

:lol: I've never thought about it like that.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:05 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Yeah, but he did throw temper tantrums. :p
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:06 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:

Yeah, but he did throw temper tantrums. :p

Point taken :lol:

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:28 pm

athena, goddess of battle strategy.
I have always been facinated with the art of war.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:17 pm

Ovisterra wrote:Thor delivers. Convert now.

Oh yes, I would love to worship a cross dressing ape. Mars is a real God, and unlike your worthless Thor, his worshipers were able to conquer more than each other and England.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

The Stormcloak Rebels
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Stormcloak Rebels » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:23 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
Ovisterra wrote:Thor delivers. Convert now.

Oh yes, I would love to worship a cross dressing ape. Mars is a real God, and unlike your worthless Thor, his worshipers were able to conquer more than each other and England.

Talos the mighty! Talos the unerring! He who is both Man and Divine!

-A wise man by the name of Heimskr

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:06 pm

Tyr is the equivelent of Mars,Thor is god of lightning.Tyr was willing to put his hand in the mouth of Fenrir.I think Tyr would win.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General