NATION

PASSWORD

With a Wing and A Prayer...Yer Fired. Blame Obama & Voters

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:13 pm

Objectiveland wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:If you are the only woman in the world without vagina dentata, and you have a boyfriend who you treat like crap so much that he hates you, he is certainly free to pick another girlfriend.

That doesn't make it a realistic option.

So you believe any job you take is enslavement?

Not really, just those with unescapable exploitation.
Founder of the Church of Ass.

No Homo.
TET sex chat link
Neo Art wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:Ironic ain't it, now there really IS 47% of the country that feels like victims.

........fuck it, you win the internet.

Arthurista
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Arthurista » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:14 pm

Since he loves quoting the bible:

Mark 10:21-22 Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." At this the man's face fell. He went away sad, because he had great wealth.

Matthew 19:24 "Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Gal 5:13 My brothers, you were called, as you know, to liberty; but be careful, or this liberty will provide an opening for self-indulgence. Serve one another, rather, in works of love.

It's thanks to christians like him that I thank God I'm an atheist.
Last edited by Arthurista on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rubiconic Crossings V2 rev 1f
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rubiconic Crossings V2 rev 1f » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:07 pm

Objectiveland wrote:I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. The blame doesn't matter. If this company chooses to fire employees to increase profits so be it.

Lets see...he says that he is a Christian. He then decides for no other reason than the fact Obama won the election that he is going to have to fire people.

The disconnect is quite clear.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME TG's. MODERATORS READ YOUR TG's WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Flowers Call me Rubi for short or Vonners

Objectiveland
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Objectiveland » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:19 pm

Rubiconic Crossings V2 rev 1f wrote:
Objectiveland wrote:I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. The blame doesn't matter. If this company chooses to fire employees to increase profits so be it.

Lets see...he says that he is a Christian. He then decides for no other reason than the fact Obama won the election that he is going to have to fire people.

"With President Obama sticking around for another four years, Murray Energy Corp. CEO Robert Murray has entered “survival mode,” announcing Wednesday that more than 160 employees at various subsidiaries will be laid off, in part due to Obama-related regulations and taxes" That is his reason. It's not "for no other reason than the fact Obama won the election" He believes Obama's policies will hurt his business. As a businessman he has the right to make decisions that will ensure for him whatever he considers an acceptable return on his investment. Period.
Last edited by Objectiveland on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Perhaps the fact that we have seen millions voting themselves into complete dependence on a tyrant has made our generation understand that to choose one's government is not necessarily to secure freedom."

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rubiconic Crossings V2 rev 1f » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:31 pm

Objectiveland wrote:

"With President Obama sticking around for another four years, Murray Energy Corp. CEO Robert Murray has entered “survival mode,” announcing Wednesday that more than 160 employees at various subsidiaries will be laid off, in part due to Obama-related regulations and taxes" That is his reason. It's not "for no other reason than the fact Obama won the election" He believes Obama's policies will hurt his business. As a businessman he has the right to make decisions that will ensure for him whatever he considers an acceptable return on his investment. Period.

Nah. Your counter argument is really quite weak. Laughably weak. You actually state the reason yourself in your own post....Obama related regulations and taxes.

Also nice job at totally not addressing the hypocrisy of not following his religious belief. Still selective usage is quite common with people like him; and evidently you as well.

The UK in Exile
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby The UK in Exile » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Objectiveland wrote:

would obama-related regulations and taxes be different from congress related ones?
"We fought for the public good and would have enfranchised the people and secured the welfare of the whole groaning creation, if the nation had not more delighted in servitude than in freedom"

"My actions are as noble as my thoughts, That never relish’d of a base descent.I came unto your court for honour’s cause, And not to be a rebel to her state; And he that otherwise accounts of me, This sword shall prove he’s honour’s enemy."

"Wählte Ungnade, wo Gehorsam nicht Ehre brachte."
DEFCON 0 - not at war
DEFCON 1 - at war "go to red alert!" "are you absolutely sure sir? it does mean changing the lightbulb."

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Objectiveland wrote:the inferiority complex of 51% of American voters

Are you trying to see how quickly you can get another ban? :blink:
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:56 pm

Neo Art wrote:
Norstal wrote:I wanna gather up all of your quotes and show it later to you in 4 years.

He's clearly telling us we should mark his words

I call dibs on the red sharpie!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rubiconic Crossings V2 rev 1f » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:57 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Neo Art wrote:
He's clearly telling us we should mark his words

I call dibs on the red sharpie!

I asked him to back up some data points he spewed...still all quite on the Finnish Front...

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rubiconic Crossings V2 rev 1f » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:58 pm

The UK in Exile wrote:
Objectiveland wrote:

would obama-related regulations and taxes be different from congress related ones?

Of course! Congress isn't the scary black man that freaked out his sprongs.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:00 pm

Objectiveland wrote:
The UK in Exile wrote:
given your rather naive view that all it takes is hard work. you'll forgive me if I don't believe you.

I don't care if you believe me...try believing in yourself.

I'd rather believe in the Kamina who believes in me.

Xenohumanity wrote:

The UK in Exile
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby The UK in Exile » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:11 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Objectiveland wrote:
I don't care if you believe me...try believing in yourself.

I'd rather believe in the Kamina who believes in me.

don't believe in the him that believes in you.

believe in you, who believes in him who believes in you.

yours is the post that SUNDERS THE HEAVENS!
"We fought for the public good and would have enfranchised the people and secured the welfare of the whole groaning creation, if the nation had not more delighted in servitude than in freedom"

"My actions are as noble as my thoughts, That never relish’d of a base descent.I came unto your court for honour’s cause, And not to be a rebel to her state; And he that otherwise accounts of me, This sword shall prove he’s honour’s enemy."

"Wählte Ungnade, wo Gehorsam nicht Ehre brachte."
DEFCON 0 - not at war
DEFCON 1 - at war "go to red alert!" "are you absolutely sure sir? it does mean changing the lightbulb."

Ornaki
Secretary

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ornaki » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:51 pm

To the Republicans who are stocking up on food and going to the shootin' range because they think the very apocalypse is on its way because of Obama's victory:

GET THE FRICK OVER IT.

And as for the company manager: Can he see the future? Can he actually see that there is failure of said company in the near future just because one person who doesn't have all of the power over the country got elected? Seriously. It reminds me of little kids saying they won't play at all if they can't have it their way. The election is over. Done with. Or, to reiterate:

G
E
T

O
V
E
R

I
T

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:50 pm

Objectiveland wrote:

Nah. Your counter argument is really quite weak. Laughably weak. You actually state the reason yourself in your own post....Obama related regulations and taxes.

Also nice job at totally not addressing the hypocrisy of not following his religious belief. Still selective usage is quite common with people like him; and evidently you as well.

It is based on what the CEO believes, not what is an objective fact. Business executives are required to exercise judgement and make predictions about the future. Further even if what he believes is false and his predictions hurt the business he is protected by the business judgement rule.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:52 pm

Ornaki wrote:To the Republicans who are stocking up on food and going to the shootin' range because they think the very apocalypse is on its way because of Obama's victory:

Be careful the Republicans here have been taping pictures of their know Democrat neighbors to their targets at the shooting range.
Last edited by Greed and Death on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:13 pm

If I was him, I'd just start drinking....heavily... and drive the company to bankruptcy, thereby having everybody lose everything.

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Rubiconic Crossings V2 rev 1f » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:49 am

greed and death wrote:

It is based on what the CEO believes, not what is an objective fact. Business executives are required to exercise judgement and make predictions about the future. Further even if what he believes is false and his predictions hurt the business he is protected by the business judgement rule.

Ahh yes...greed is good. You do know that was just a movie right?

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General