NATION

PASSWORD

With a Wing and A Prayer...Yer Fired. Blame Obama & Voters

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vitaphone Racing
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitaphone Racing » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:03 pm

Minnysota wrote:
The TransPecos wrote:*snip*

So outside of EPA regulations and Obamacare, you came up with jobs going overseas? Right, because Obama totally has the power to not only stop that, but to overpower the extremely pro-corporation Republicans in the House if he wanted to stop that.

The rest of them you're ignoring the fact that there are likely government incentives to go forward with these new rules or you're just flat out ignoring the future benefits of said programs. So... I count two legitimate anti-business points you bring up. That number is sketchy itself because I'm not currently aware of the power Obama has over the EPA's regulatory policies.

Actually, Obama could with tariffs. The USA is a big enough country in itself to support a manufacturing industry without relying on foreign imports. Shit that comes in from countries with pathetic pay for workers and shitty quality standards should be taxed like hell.
Parhe on my Asian-ness.
Parhe wrote:Guess what, maybe you don't know what it is like to be Asian.

ayy lmao

Xathranaar
Minister

Founded: Jul 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Xathranaar » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:04 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
Rubiconic Crossings V2 rev 1f wrote:Nice to see that people on the right are not sore losers. Oh...wait...scratch that..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/ ... story.html

Call me shocked...shocked!

Nothing better to see petty little scrotes throwing their toys out of the pram in fits of petulance. With luck any firings due to political affiliations will bite this asshole on the ass.

So NSG - hardnosed businessman or asshole? I vote for asshole.

Burning coal is one of the principles of our founders? :blink:

Well, Whale Oil... but the principal is the same.
My views summarized.
The Gospel According to Queen.
It is possible that some of my posts may not be completely serious.

Mike the Progressive
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mike the Progressive » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:37 pm

Gigaverse wrote:Typical a**holes... Typical conservatives... TYPICAL REPUBLICANS.

Yes, because all conservatives typically act like this.

I consider myself a conservative and I loathe the conservatism the GOP proclaims to espouse.

Rubiconic Crossings V2 rev 1f
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rubiconic Crossings V2 rev 1f » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:27 am

Hippostania wrote:Elections have consequences, and the consequences of Obama's re-election are decreased standarda of living, increased regulations and huge lay-offs. Don't say that the Republicans didn't warn you about this.. But oh well, you reap what you sow.

Are they? Really?

Be a good sport then and explain how and of course cite the sources you base this "fact" on...

Thanks!
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME TG's. MODERATORS READ YOUR TG's WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Flowers Call me Rubi for short or Vonners

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:48 am

Rubiconic Crossings V2 rev 1f wrote:
Hippostania wrote:Elections have consequences, and the consequences of Obama's re-election are decreased standarda of living, increased regulations and huge lay-offs. Don't say that the Republicans didn't warn you about this.. But oh well, you reap what you sow.

Are they? Really?

Be a good sport then and explain how and of course cite the sources you base this "fact" on...

Thanks!
Hippo wants coal to have a resurgence in the US (which is about the only sector cutting jobs) rather than turn to cleaner energy sources, clearly that can't go wrong right?

Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

The TransPecos
Envoy

Founded: May 14, 2006
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The TransPecos » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:57 am

Just to clarify, I simply pointed out that the flight is due to to rising costs and imposed mandates. I never accused a party or person as being responsible. The issue is excessive and ever-increasing goverment regulatory and tax interference in the operation of the economy. IMO, both major parties are resonsible, the Democrats perhaps a bit more so.

Rubiconic Crossings V2 rev 1f
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rubiconic Crossings V2 rev 1f » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:06 am

The TransPecos wrote:Just to clarify, I simply pointed out that the flight is due to to rising costs and imposed mandates. I never accused a party or person as being responsible. The issue is excessive and ever-increasing goverment regulatory and tax interference in the operation of the economy. IMO, both major parties are resonsible, the Democrats perhaps a bit more so.

Oh god grief.

Ok...can you explain how and why and of course back up your reasoning with citations from credible sources?
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME TG's. MODERATORS READ YOUR TG's WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Flowers Call me Rubi for short or Vonners

Objectiveland
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Objectiveland » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:11 am

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. The blame doesn't matter. If this company chooses to fire employees to increase profits so be it.
"Perhaps the fact that we have seen millions voting themselves into complete dependence on a tyrant has made our generation understand that to choose one's government is not necessarily to secure freedom."

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:19 am

Objectiveland wrote:I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. The blame doesn't matter. If this company chooses to fire employees to increase profits so be it.

I am sure you would hold that stance and not worry about your imaginative children right?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Objectiveland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Objectiveland » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:02 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Objectiveland wrote:I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. The blame doesn't matter. If this company chooses to fire employees to increase profits so be it.

I am sure you would hold that stance and not worry about your imaginative children right?

I'm not worried about my children at all. They have been raised to have confidence in themselves and their abilities. They go to a school where hard work is required and competence is rewarded.
"Perhaps the fact that we have seen millions voting themselves into complete dependence on a tyrant has made our generation understand that to choose one's government is not necessarily to secure freedom."

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:09 am

Objectiveland wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

I'm not worried about my children at all. They have been raised to have confidence in themselves and their abilities. They go to a school where hard work is required and competence is rewarded.

Ohhh you home school them.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The UK in Exile
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby The UK in Exile » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:13 am

Objectiveland wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

they are going to find the real world very, very confusing then.
"We fought for the public good and would have enfranchised the people and secured the welfare of the whole groaning creation, if the nation had not more delighted in servitude than in freedom"

"My actions are as noble as my thoughts, That never relish’d of a base descent.I came unto your court for honour’s cause, And not to be a rebel to her state; And he that otherwise accounts of me, This sword shall prove he’s honour’s enemy."

"Wählte Ungnade, wo Gehorsam nicht Ehre brachte."
DEFCON 0 - not at war
DEFCON 1 - at war "go to red alert!" "are you absolutely sure sir? it does mean changing the lightbulb."

Objectiveland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Objectiveland » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:18 am

The UK in Exile wrote:
Objectiveland wrote:

I agree. Hard work and competence are becomming very rare indeed. Thankfully the inferiority complex of 51% of American voters makes it eiser for those with abilities to succeed.
Last edited by Objectiveland on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Objectiveland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Objectiveland » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:20 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Objectiveland wrote:

No. I just don't allow the state to turn them into the average incompetent that public education produces.

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:21 am

Objectiveland wrote:
The UK in Exile wrote:

I agree hard work and competence is becomming very rare indeed. Thankfully the inferiority complex of 51% of American voters makes it eiser for those with abilities to succeed.

Ironic ain't it, now there really IS 47% of the country that feels like victims.
Founder of the Church of Ass.

No Homo.
TET sex chat link
Neo Art wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:Ironic ain't it, now there really IS 47% of the country that feels like victims.

........fuck it, you win the internet.

The UK in Exile
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby The UK in Exile » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:25 am

Objectiveland wrote:
The UK in Exile wrote:

I agree. Hard work and competence are becomming very rare indeed. Thankfully the inferiority complex of 51% of American voters makes it eiser for those with abilities to succeed.

unless that 51% percent happens to be writing the performance review of your little kids.

clever = argumentative.
hard working = poor time management.
confidence = arrogance.
superiority complex = ...superiority complex

its not who performs, its who grades the performance who counts. ;)
"We fought for the public good and would have enfranchised the people and secured the welfare of the whole groaning creation, if the nation had not more delighted in servitude than in freedom"

"My actions are as noble as my thoughts, That never relish’d of a base descent.I came unto your court for honour’s cause, And not to be a rebel to her state; And he that otherwise accounts of me, This sword shall prove he’s honour’s enemy."

"Wählte Ungnade, wo Gehorsam nicht Ehre brachte."
DEFCON 0 - not at war
DEFCON 1 - at war "go to red alert!" "are you absolutely sure sir? it does mean changing the lightbulb."

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:25 am

Objectiveland wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

No. I just don't allow the state to turn them into the average incompetent that public education produces.

Wait. That state can't do anything right but they are organized enough to do that?

So confused.

Neo Art
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Art » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:26 am

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:
Objectiveland wrote:
I agree hard work and competence is becomming very rare indeed. Thankfully the inferiority complex of 51% of American voters makes it eiser for those with abilities to succeed.

Ironic ain't it, now there really IS 47% of the country that feels like victims.

if you were Batman you'd be home by now

"Consistency is a matter we are attempting to remedy." - Dread Lady Nathinaca

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:26 am

The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:
Objectiveland wrote:

You just have to pull....;err what's that platitude again?

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:27 am

Neo Art wrote:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:Ironic ain't it, now there really IS 47% of the country that feels like victims.

Neo Art just commented my snark.

Sigging that for history.

No Homo.
TET sex chat link
Neo Art wrote:

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:28 am

I wanna gather up all of your quotes and show it later to you in 4 years.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:29 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Objectiveland wrote:

Wait. That state can't do anything right but they are organized enough to do that?

So confused.

The state can't do anything right but it can do everything wrong. And watch, he'll compliment me on being correct even though I mock him.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:31 am

Norstal wrote:

I used to collect the wit and wisdom of Parthenon, until my hard drive crashed and I lost the file.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

New Cassel
Envoy

Founded: Apr 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cassel » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:31 am

The point is, is the guy a dick for blaming Obama, and not his own desire for said increased profits, for the layoffs or not.

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:31 am

Norstal wrote:

You could just gather up his quotes before election day an show them now.

No Homo.
TET sex chat link
Neo Art wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General