NATION

PASSWORD

Zionists please justify the Occupation

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
DogDoo 7
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 12, 2008
Ex-Nation

Zionists please justify the Occupation

Postby DogDoo 7 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:57 am

Jew in Haifa here.
Could a zionist please justify to me the Occupation in the West Bank. Some helpful reminders:
1. Yes, it is in fact an occupation. Israel controls the borders, the banks, the census, and the law.
2. I have heard "yes, it is unfortunate, but the palestinians just aren't ready/don't want peace OR aren't real/go to jordan" too many times and are just catch phrases so no dice.

Obviously, I think the occupation is wrong and the removal of it should be the highest priority of the state, not "the price of cheese is too high!"
Just ask this scientician--Troy McClure

Norsklow
Senator

Founded: Aug 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Norsklow » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:01 pm

Joseph Stalin, 20 million plus dead -Mao-Tse-Dong, 40 million plus dead - Pol Pot, 2 million dead -Kim-Il-Sung, 5 million dead - Fidel Castro, 1 million dead.

"We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, with so little, for so long, we are now qualified to do anything, with nothing"

Don't call me Beny! Am I your Father or something? http://paanluelwel2011.wordpress.com/20 ... honorable/
And I way too young to be Beny bith.
NationStates: Because FOX is for douchebags.

Zephie
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Zephie » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:04 pm

Because if you don't agree with it you're anti-semetic.
Actually, if you don't agree with anything Israel does, you're anti-semetic. :roll:
When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.
Senestrum wrote:I just can't think of anything to say that wouldn't get me warned on this net-nanny forum.

Benutanairan
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Benutanairan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:05 pm

DogDoo 7 wrote:Jew in Haifa here.
Could a zionist please justify to me the Occupation in the West Bank. Some helpful reminders:
1. Yes, it is in fact an occupation. Israel controls the borders, the banks, the census, and the law.
2. I have heard "yes, it is unfortunate, but the palestinians just aren't ready/don't want peace OR aren't real/go to jordan" too many times and are just catch phrases so no dice.

Obviously, I think the occupation is wrong and the removal of it should be the highest priority of the state, not "the price of cheese is too high!"

Are you talking about a ZIONIST? a jew who lives in the occupation zone and is a ZIONIST?, or are you talking about the Philosophy of occupation with Zionistic tendencies.
NS resident Frenchman/ Supporter of the UMP
Playing as Fascist France in Alternate Cold War
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=219575
1950 Shadows playing as US
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=219586

Serving as an Elemental priest in Elementals: Return of Kayorest
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=219722

Saruhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saruhan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:14 pm

Compare the number of Rockets launched from the West Bank to the number of Rockets launched from Gaza
Caninope wrote:The idea of Pakistan, India and Bangladesh reuniting is about as logical as the idea that Barack Obama will kill his wife, marry Ahmadinejad in a ceremony officiated by Mitt Romney during the 7th Inning Stretch of the Yankees-Red Sox game, and then the happy couple will then go challenge President Xi for the position of General Secretary of the CCP in a gladiatorial fight to the death involving roaches, slingshots, and hard candies.

Mirkana
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 08, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Mirkana » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:48 pm

Answer: Israel has been unable to secure a peace agreement with the Palestinians, and is unwilling to give up control of the West Bank until that happens. If and when a peace agreement is signed, Israel will abide by it, and withdraw from the lands designated as part of the new Palestinian state.

Israel's priorities:
1. Ensuring Israel's survival.
2. Not being assholes.
Last edited by Mirkana on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Impeach Ramses, Legalize Monotheism, Slavery is Theft, MOSES 1400 BCE

Pro: Democracy, Egalitarianism, Judaism, Separation of Church and State, Israel, Arab Spring, Gay Rights, Welfare, Universal Healthcare, Regulated Capitalism, Scientific Rationalism, Constitutional Monarchy
Against: Dictatorships, Racism, Nazism, Theocracy, Anti-Semitism, Sexism, Homophobia, Imperialism, Creationism, Genocide, Slavery

Alien Space Bats wrote:
Rokartian States wrote:There sure is a lot of damning and fucking going around in here. :lol:

It's the international nature of the board.

In some places, it's Saturday night; in other places, Sunday morning.

Blazedtown wrote:Because every decision ever is a secret conspiracy to keep the brothers down.

Drekka
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Drekka » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:30 am

Not quite a Zoinist but I can offer a valid reason.

Israel cannot afford to look weak, especially now with
the changes from the Arab Sping and it's current state with Iran .

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:33 am

This won't end well.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Quintero
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 21, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Quintero » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:34 am

How many Zionists are you planning on finding here on NS?
And I do agree, it seems that anyone even a little critical of Israel is labeled as an anti-semetic.

Souseiseki
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Souseiseki » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:04 am

Quintero wrote:How many Zionists are you planning on finding here on NS?
And I do agree, it seems that anyone even a little critical of Israel is labeled as an anti-semetic.

a lot

Not quite a Zoinist but I can offer a valid reason.

Israel cannot afford to look weak, especially now with
the changes from the Arab Sping and it's current state with Iran .

this is a pretty shit and vague reason
ask moderation about reading serious moderation candidates TGs without telling them about it until afterwards and/or apparently refusing to confirm/deny the exact timeline of TG reading ~~~ i hope you never sent any of the recent mods or the ones that got really close anything personal!

signature edit: confirmation has been received. they will explicitly do it before and without asking. they can look at TGs basically whenever they want so please keep this in mind when nominating people for moderator or TGing good posters/anyone!
T <---- THE INFAMOUS T

Kakistopolis
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kakistopolis » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:25 am

And most importantly, Jordan doesn't want it back.

It's only fair. The Chinese occupy Tibet. The Iranians occupy Persia.

Would Israel still be providing Samaria with electricity and water?
My forbidden satire once earned me a 3-day vacation from the NS forums.

"Pacifist ideologues are the worst. You just want to punch them in the face and tell them to accept your culture of libertine violence and destruction." - the entry for "Pacifism" (in its entirety) in the Kakistopolitan Traveler's Encyclopedia

DogDoo 7
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby DogDoo 7 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:44 pm

Kakistopolis wrote:

And most importantly, Jordan doesn't want it back.

It's only fair. The Chinese occupy Tibet. The Iranians occupy Persia.

Would Israel still be providing Samaria with electricity and water?

It doesn't matter what Jordan wants since they were never recognized as the legitimate sovereign between 1948 and 1967. So yeah, I agree that ownership of the territory itself is unclear but Israel can pick to either annex or disengage, not both. Just because the settler bloc and the military bloc can't agree isn't an excuse to do nothing.

Umm, everyone living within the borders of "Iranian-occupied Persia" is either Iranian or foreign. There is no internal military occupation there. Tibet is considered by the Chinese government to be an integral part of China. I dare you to find me an official governmental publication incorporating the West Bank into Israel (hint: you can't).

If by "providing electricity and water" you mean "selling electricity to the Palestinians at a 50% markup because Israel prohibits the Palestinians from generating their own electricity" and "taking water from Palestinian aquifiers to settlements" then no, I sincerely hope this ends.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:47 pm

Kakistopolis wrote:The Iranians occupy Persia.

I didn't bother to reply to the rest of you statement, but

lol

Really? Iran is how you say Persia in the Persian language.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

Pejic
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pejic » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:48 pm

I don't really think you're Jewish...but I'm not a Zionist so I can't answer your question.

DogDoo 7
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby DogDoo 7 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:42 pm

Pejic wrote:I don't really think you're Jewish...but I'm not a Zionist so I can't answer your question.

Well considering I had to get a signed letter from a rabbi "proving" my Jewishness so I could make Aliyah, both the rabbaneut and the state of Israel consider me to be one

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:24 am

Cromarty wrote:This won't end well.

This didn't begin well.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:50 am

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Cromarty wrote:This won't end well.

This didn't begin well.

Ironically, this is much like the conflict itself.

Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazis in Space » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:59 am

Mirkana wrote:Answer: Israel has been unable to secure a peace agreement with the Palestinians, and is unwilling to give up control of the West Bank until that happens. If and when a peace agreement is signed, Israel will abide by it, and withdraw from the lands designated as part of the new Palestinian state.
Israel's policy of contunually expanding its settlements in the area rather disagrees with this beautiful piece of fiction.

The Ben Boys
Senator

Founded: Apr 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ben Boys » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:00 am

Mirkana wrote:Israel's priorities:
1. Ensuring Israel's survival.
2. Not being assholes.

Sir, you are, quite possibly, smarter than eleven presidential administrations, most the Arab world, the entire UN assembly and Security Council, and a few prime ministers. Now we just need to find out how to translate it into Arabic.

"Both Religion and science require a belief in God. For believers, God is in the beginning, and for physicists He is at the end of all considerations"-Max Planck

Packers Nation

PostFreelasio
Envoy

Founded: Mar 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby PostFreelasio » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:01 am

There is no justifying genocide. You have acknowledged the problem. Do not go backwards into denial. Don't ask for justification. Try and do something to fix the problem. I'm not saying you literally I'm saying you meaning the Israeli people and government.
Our National Anthem
Re-Risen: A Freelasian Society United
Technocratic Capitalist Cultist Dictatorship.
GDP per capita (Main Planet): PLU 236,000 (or 416,000 USD)
Total Population of all three solar systems: 1,927,186,266 (Stagnant, Slowly Declining)
Birth rate: 3.12/1,000
Death rate: 3.34/1,000
Net Migration rate: -0.01

Globocom Enterprises
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Globocom Enterprises » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:06 am

You see, there are two kinds of people in this world... the people with loaded guns, and the people who dig.

Zionists don't dig.

DogDoo 7
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby DogDoo 7 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:35 am

PostFreelasio wrote:

There is no justifying genocide. You have acknowledged the problem. Do not go backwards into denial. Don't ask for justification. Try and do something to fix the problem. I'm not saying you literally I'm saying you meaning the Israeli people and government.

Ok, I wouldn't call it genocide (merely well orchestrated subtle ethnic cleansing.) I mean, what is there to do? I honestly don't care about 2 state/1 state as long as alcohol, bacon, and miniskirts remain plentiful (oh yeah, and the green ID holders in the West Bank get their fundamental human rights). The problem is that from Israel's perspective, the current situation is better than peace, since they get sovereignty without having to deal with the demographics.

DogDoo 7
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby DogDoo 7 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:39 am

Globocom Enterprises wrote:You see, there are two kinds of people in this world... the people with loaded guns, and the people who dig.

Zionists don't dig.

I'm pretty sure that one of the cornerstones of Zionism is agriculture, and that Israel is one of the world leaders in developing efficient agricultural technologies.

Globocom Enterprises
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Globocom Enterprises » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:41 am

Peace may be the result of a solution, but Peace is never going to solve the problem over there...

I say take the gloves off, and stop playing games, tell everyone else in the world to butt out and finish what started thousands of years ago.

Mizrah
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrah » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:46 am

You don't seem real Jewish.
Political Compass:
Economic Left: -10
Social Libertarian: -7

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General