NATION

PASSWORD

Gun Control

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

How much gun control are you in favor of?

An entire ban of guns, guns are designed to do one thing and thats kill.
13%
We need more tighter gun control, but not an entire ban on every firearm people do have rights to bear arms.
32%
Less gun control is what we need, most of our gun laws do nothing to stop violent crime.
30%
We dont want any gun control at all, if the police and the military can have them then so should us civies.
24%

Total votes : 230

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Gun Control

Postby Chernoslavia » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:13 pm

The only gun control that im in favor of is having to do Form 4473 and wait for approval and if your record's clean then your good. I dont support a ban on a certain category of firearms because no matter what laws you write to the people that obey them, your not gonna get violent criminals to suddenly just obey the law.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:16 pm

Gun laws in the USA should go back to pre-1934.

I want to be able to order an F2000 from FN in their brochure and have it delivered to my house. ):
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 6/14/11

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:19 pm

"Common-sense" gun control.

Want the rifle and a few pistols? Sure.
The mini-gun and automatic AR's? I don't think so.

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:22 pm

Gun Control is a misnomer. It should be called victim disarmament.
Go Vikings.
Sunnyvale, straight the fuck up.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:22 pm

Divair wrote:"Common-sense" gun control.

Also no suppressors or AP rounds.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:22 pm

Genivaria wrote:

Also no suppressors or AP rounds.

That too.

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:23 pm

Tightly controlled licences should be given to farmers and other professions.
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005
Economic Left/Right: -2.62, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:23 pm

There's been two crimes done with legal automatic weapons in the last three quarter century.

Maybe three.

Vast majority are done with pistols.

Yes, clearly baby seeking cop killing machines.
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

Dorlania
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dorlania » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:24 pm

iirc automatic rifles can't be sold

it's all semi-auto i think
"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stomping on a human face--forever"

Sardine World wrote:maintain

when you liberals cant get new technology because all the asians are dead, dont come crying to me

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:Yes, but 9gag has nothing funny or original.
insert/gender/sexuality/political alignment/disorder
the soft parade has now begun~
Unity and Solidarity
Mallorea and Riva should resign

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:24 pm

Galla- wrote:Gun laws in the USA should go back to pre-1934.

I want to be able to order an F2000 from FN in their brochure and have it delivered to my house. ):

Those were the days...But then Al Capone ruined it for the rest of us :(
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Long Island Nation
Envoy

Founded: Oct 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Long Island Nation » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:24 pm

Gun control is firing a precise series of shots at a target.

Aside from background checks, we don't need no stinkin' gun control. The new regulation I would want is the elimination of gun shows where you can get a gun no questions asked. Aside from that, let people do what they want.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:25 pm

Dorlania wrote:

Some states give a permit, no?

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:25 pm

I think the poll is a bit US-centric.
Lurking NSG since 2005
Economic Left/Right: -2.62, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:25 pm

Dorlania wrote:

If its registered with the BATF before May 19, 1986. Then its legal to own. You must also pay a $200 tax since full-autos are NFA regulated.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:25 pm

Dorlania wrote:

I can buy an RPG-7 and PG-7V HEAT round for a bunch of $$$.

And a Vickers HMG.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:27 pm

Long Island Nation wrote:Gun control is firing a precise series of shots at a target.

Aside from background checks, we don't need no stinkin' gun control. The new regulation I would want is the elimination of gun shows where you can get a gun no questions asked. Aside from that, let people do what they want.

Uh, in gun shows if you want to buy a gun, you must go through the same procedures as if you were buying them from an FFL dealer.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:27 pm

Long Island Nation wrote:Gun control is firing a precise series of shots at a target.

The so called gun show "loophole" is not just the 2nd Amendment, but the 1st as well. A gun show is nothing more than an assembly of private sellers and collectors. The only way to prevent it would be to ban private sales of firearms between individuals. That's a serious intrusion of privacy.
Go Vikings.
Sunnyvale, straight the fuck up.

Dorlania
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Dorlania » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:27 pm

Galla- wrote:
Dorlania wrote:iirc automatic rifles can't be sold

I can buy an RPG-7 and PG-7V HEAT round for a bunch of $$$.

And a Vickers HMG.

well shit

sounds fun
"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stomping on a human face--forever"

when you liberals cant get new technology because all the asians are dead, dont come crying to me

Unity and Solidarity

Shady Deals
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Shady Deals » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:27 pm

These threads always turns into vitriolic pissing contests of "No! You're wrong!" Let the games begin.

As for my two cents. Instead of a knee-jerk reaction, why not investigate what happened prior to a shooting. By understanding the chain of events leading up to it, perhaps we can make better judgment calls.

Long Island Nation
Envoy

Founded: Oct 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Long Island Nation » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:28 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:

Uh, in gun shows if you want to buy a gun, you must go through the same procedures as if you were buying them from an FFL dealer.

Apparently it's possible, though.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01 ... nd-checks/

Nyr Hrafn-Heim
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nyr Hrafn-Heim » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:28 pm

I see nothing wrong with automatic, but as soon as you start stocking up on FMJ rounds and M203s then theres an issue.
In order it is the Combat Action Ribbon that I am utilizing in support of General Mattis, Defense Distinguished Service Medal that I am using in support of all active duty personnel, and finally the Navy and Marine Corps Medal that I am using to support my beloved Corps.
Mad Dog |||||||||Mattis2016

Support/ // /Our/ /// Troops

|||||||||||| USMC ||||||||||||

Military Action, The USA, Israel, Azerbaijani, Putin (Oddly I admire that man), General "Maddog" Mattis, USMC, The USMC, Marijuana legalization and taxation (Though I do not smoke), Homosexual rights, Moderates, Authoritarianism (Mildly), The 2nd Amendment, Freedom of Religion, and Nationalism.

Things contradicting the above.

National Factbook

Estralia
Secretary

Founded: Oct 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Estralia » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:29 pm

I support sensible gun control (bans on violent criminals owning guns, banning assualt rifles, ect.)
Political Compass: 2, 1.08

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:29 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:

Only if you buy them from a professional dealer with a booth. Avoid the dealers and go for the guy selling his Savage .308 or something. Private sellers don't have to.
Last edited by Galla- on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dorlania
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Dorlania » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:29 pm

Chernoslavia wrote:

If its registered with the BATF before May 19, 1986. Then its legal to own. You must also pay a $200 tax since full-autos are NFA regulated.

i was assuming pre-ban

Unity and Solidarity

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:29 pm

Divair wrote:

Some states give a permit, no?

Most states dont require a permit to posses a firearm of any find, but most states do have permits that allow you to conceal carry in public where allowed to.
Last edited by Chernoslavia on Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General