NATION

PASSWORD

Im shocked there wasnt a thread on this...

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Fartsniffage
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32567
Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:17 am

Khadore wrote:Last time I checked the normal people (i.e. heterosexuals) outnumbers gays by a large margin. So why is a small interest group belly aching over civil rights to be recognized across the nation if they got a whole rotting cesspool city like San Fransisco all to themselves? Ok first of all Gay marriage is not actually marriage, it is not even a civil union in my book, it's two homos having an orgy which is done everyday in the closet and it should stay that way not out in public. Why? Because it's not normal.


Define normal.

User avatar
Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 23565
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:17 am

Fartsniffage wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:That's what happened to Larry Craig; one too many doses of gaydiation. *nod*


It is a danger when in a crowded public place like an airport. That one dose from an unknown homo could be just enough to put you over the edge and make you go cottaging.

I suggest some kind of visual identification for gays, a piece of coloured clothe stitched to their clothing could work, so us straight Real Men (tm) can spot and avoid them. Maybe some research into "Gaydiation Badges" would be a good idea as well, let us measure our daily dose and plan accordingly.


Endorsed. :)
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

User avatar
Blouman Empire
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16068
Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:18 am

The Norse Hordes wrote:http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-gays-rally12-2009oct12,0,6043274.story

About as many people showed up to this rally as there were at those teabagging rallies...erm, sorry, 'teaparties'.

Im suprised, since so many consertatives on here were all about the tea parties because they were about keeping FREEDOM!!!!, but they didnt mention anything about an equally as large march on the capitol in favor of actual freedom.


Anyway. Anyone go? Does anyone think it will have an effect?


Was this thread made to point out the rally or an attack on conservative posters?

Considering the content of the OP I very much think it is the latter.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

User avatar
Unchecked Expansion
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5599
Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unchecked Expansion » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:18 am

Is it an orgy if it's only two? Sweet, I've been in orgies :p
Normality doesn't matter in a legal sense. The only consideration should be whether an act is harmful. BDSM got a terrible rap for a while, but is largely accepted now (not publicly, unless Ann Summers counts)

User avatar
Apathetic Auteurs
Envoy
 
Posts: 204
Founded: Sep 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Apathetic Auteurs » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:18 am

Allbeama wrote:That isn't very freedom loving of you though. So the rich should be free to hoard health care while insurance company trusts jack up prices, and the poor suffer? And Gay people need to hide who they are? That is how you envision a free and equal society in America?


:clap:

to hijack a phrase commonly used against communists... All are free, but some are more free than others...
Federal Prime Minister - James Erriksen.
Sign up for our Embassy program here.

User avatar
Khadore
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 156
Founded: Oct 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Khadore » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:19 am

Normal: Not being gay.
REPPY SEZ: On very thin ice, recommending you back away from the computer for a bit and calm down.

User avatar
Unchecked Expansion
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5599
Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unchecked Expansion » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:20 am

Khadore wrote:Normal: Not being gay.

Then normal is also not being Christian. We should ban them

User avatar
Fartsniffage
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32567
Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:20 am

Khadore wrote:Normal: Not being gay.


So paedophiles are normal?

User avatar
Czardas
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 6702
Founded: Feb 25, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Czardas » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:20 am

Blouman Empire wrote:
The Norse Hordes wrote:http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-gays-rally12-2009oct12,0,6043274.story

About as many people showed up to this rally as there were at those teabagging rallies...erm, sorry, 'teaparties'.

Im suprised, since so many consertatives on here were all about the tea parties because they were about keeping FREEDOM!!!!, but they didnt mention anything about an equally as large march on the capitol in favor of actual freedom.


Anyway. Anyone go? Does anyone think it will have an effect?


Was this thread made to point out the rally or an attack on conservative posters?

Considering the content of the OP I very much think it is the latter.

You're being oversensitive, as usual.

The post asks a question ("Anyone go? Does anyone think it will have an effect?"), and therefore is not an attack on conservative posters. Even if the last couple of sentences were taken out, it's still not strongly worded enough to count as an attack.

User avatar
The Tofu Islands
Minister
 
Posts: 2872
Founded: Mar 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tofu Islands » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:21 am

Khadore wrote:Normal: Not being gay.

You know what else is normal? Not being you. We should ban everyone from being you in public.
In its majestic equality, the law forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets and steal loaves of bread.

User avatar
Blouman Empire
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16068
Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:21 am

To the bottom of the OP no Obama doesn't give a shit about it all his talk is just that.
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

User avatar
Czardas
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 6702
Founded: Feb 25, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Czardas » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:22 am

Khadore wrote:Normal: Not being gay.

Why do you support the nanny-state mentality of banning homosexuality? Do you also think we should ban guns, except in your private home? I mean, only a small fraction of the world's population owns guns. It's not all that normal either.

User avatar
Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 23565
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:24 am

Czardas wrote:
Khadore wrote:Normal: Not being gay.

Why do you support the nanny-state mentality of banning homosexuality? Do you also think we should ban guns, except in your private home? I mean, only a small fraction of the world's population owns guns. It's not all that normal either.


We should also ban people with blood type O as well as Jews since there are so few of them they clearly aren't normal either.
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

User avatar
Apathetic Auteurs
Envoy
 
Posts: 204
Founded: Sep 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Apathetic Auteurs » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:26 am

Khadore wrote:Normal: Not being gay.


I don't think there is a "normal" human being around these days. Therefore, everyone should be banned, going by your reasoning.
Federal Prime Minister - James Erriksen.
Sign up for our Embassy program here.

User avatar
Allbeama
Senator
 
Posts: 4367
Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allbeama » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:28 am

Fartsniffage wrote:
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:That's what happened to Larry Craig; one too many doses of gaydiation. *nod*


It is a danger when in a crowded public place like an airport. That one dose from an unknown homo could be just enough to put you over the edge and make you go cottaging.

I suggest some kind of visual identification for gays, a piece of coloured clothe stitched to their clothing could work, so us straight Real Men (tm) can spot and avoid them. Maybe some research into "Gaydiation Badges" would be a good idea as well, let us measure our daily dose and plan accordingly.


I am assuming this is not serious...cuz IIRC that idea was put into practice before albeit in regards to Jews.
Agonarthis Terra, My Homeworld.
The Internet loves you. mah Factbook

Hope lies in the smouldering rubble of Empires.

User avatar
Unchecked Expansion
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5599
Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unchecked Expansion » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:29 am

These xs aren't normal. Most people aren't x, we should ban them and anyone that tries to be like them
Where x=blondes, redheads, Asians, Caucasians, degree holders, gun owners, liberals, conservatives, Christians, Muslims, Jews etc according to demographic.
Majority is not a definition of normality, or morality
Last edited by Unchecked Expansion on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Allbeama
Senator
 
Posts: 4367
Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allbeama » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:32 am

Apathetic Auteurs wrote:
Allbeama wrote:That isn't very freedom loving of you though. So the rich should be free to hoard health care while insurance company trusts jack up prices, and the poor suffer? And Gay people need to hide who they are? That is how you envision a free and equal society in America?


:clap:

to hijack a phrase commonly used against communists... All are free, but some are more free than others...


I just think its inconsistent to say one protest is about freedom (when its not) and deny the legitimacy of a true struggle for civil liberty.
Last edited by Allbeama on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agonarthis Terra, My Homeworld.
The Internet loves you. mah Factbook

Hope lies in the smouldering rubble of Empires.

User avatar
Fartsniffage
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32567
Founded: Dec 19, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Fartsniffage » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:34 am

Allbeama wrote:I am assuming this is not serious...cuz IIRC that idea was put into practice before albeit in regards to Jews.


And look how well it turned out for the Jews.

They got a country and a couple of Oscar winning films out of the deal.

User avatar
Khadore
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 156
Founded: Oct 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Khadore » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:38 am

The Tofu Islands wrote:
Khadore wrote:Normal: Not being gay.

You know what else is normal? Not being you. We should ban everyone from being you in public.


Yeah try and stop me.
REPPY SEZ: On very thin ice, recommending you back away from the computer for a bit and calm down.

User avatar
Allbeama
Senator
 
Posts: 4367
Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allbeama » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:38 am

Fartsniffage wrote:
Allbeama wrote:I am assuming this is not serious...cuz IIRC that idea was put into practice before albeit in regards to Jews.


And look how well it turned out for the Jews.

They got a country and a couple of Oscar winning films out of the deal.


I suppose that it was worth the death of millions. ;)
Agonarthis Terra, My Homeworld.
The Internet loves you. mah Factbook

Hope lies in the smouldering rubble of Empires.

User avatar
Czardas
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 6702
Founded: Feb 25, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Czardas » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:40 am

Khadore wrote:
The Tofu Islands wrote:
Khadore wrote:Normal: Not being gay.

You know what else is normal? Not being you. We should ban everyone from being you in public.


Yeah try and stop me.

try and stop gay people from being gay. (note: no firearms may be used in this exercise.)

User avatar
Khadore
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 156
Founded: Oct 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Khadore » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:44 am

Czardas wrote:
Khadore wrote:
The Tofu Islands wrote:
Khadore wrote:Normal: Not being gay.

You know what else is normal? Not being you. We should ban everyone from being you in public.


Yeah try and stop me.

try and stop gay people from being gay. (note: no firearms may be used in this exercise.)


You're gay then you're gay just don't beat me over the head with it that many of you idiots do. All I said I don't like gays and I started World War III. So when push comes to shove it is the gays who don't have tolerance for heteros so there fore gays must go back to the closet where they belong or else there will be a reckoning. I'm just fighting against a double standard.
REPPY SEZ: On very thin ice, recommending you back away from the computer for a bit and calm down.

User avatar
Phenia
Senator
 
Posts: 3809
Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Phenia » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:44 am

Khadore wrote: I thought this was America, not Nazi Germany or the Soviet Union.


It's a woeful commentary on the quality of education when you can make such statements in apparent 100% seriousness.

User avatar
Apathetic Auteurs
Envoy
 
Posts: 204
Founded: Sep 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Apathetic Auteurs » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:44 am

I've just watched the Daily Show report (it just happened to be on the tv where i am) and I gotta say, what more do you expect from Fox News? It's the televisual equivalent of blocking their ears and singing "la la, la la la la..."
Federal Prime Minister - James Erriksen.
Sign up for our Embassy program here.

User avatar
Apathetic Auteurs
Envoy
 
Posts: 204
Founded: Sep 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Apathetic Auteurs » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:46 am

Khadore wrote:You're gay then you're gay just don't beat me over the head with it that many of you idiots do. All I said I don't like gays and I started World War III. So when push comes to shove it is the gays who don't have tolerance for heteros so there fore gays must go back to the closet where they belong or else there will be a reckoning. I'm just fighting against a double standard.


Ooo, what are you worried about? You afraid you're going to catch the gay off me?
Federal Prime Minister - James Erriksen.
Sign up for our Embassy program here.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bluelight-R006, Cannot think of a name, Cerinda, Fahran, Gravlen, Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States, Heloin, Ifreann, Infected Mushroom, Novus America, Ostroeuropa, Pratiloma, Prussia empire, San Lumen, The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp, Valrifell

Advertisement

Remove ads