NATION

PASSWORD

The Worst President of America

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Was it...

George HW Bush
1%
George W Bush
38%
Richard Nixon
6%
Ronald Reagan
8%
Warren G Harding
5%
Bill Clinton
3%
Grover Cleveland
1%
Jimmy Carter
9%
Thomas Jefferson
1%
Barack Obama (even though he's hardly done anything yet)
28%

Total votes : 544

Lord Tothe
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Lord Tothe » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:20 am

Kosmanium wrote:
DrVenkman wrote:
Krsta wrote:
James_xenoland wrote:From the list.. Jimmy Carter.

BTW. Where's FDR and Jackson??

Andrew Jackson is one of the 5 worst presidents, while FDR is one of the best (he had many bad sides, but all in all, he was a good prez).

Nothing beats furthering the depression and creating a ponzi scheme! :shock:

:palm: :eyebrow: He did neither

*Observes massive government spending, DESTRUCTION of crops and livestock during a period of food shortage, massive debt increases, gold confiscation, and a multitude of new taxes, regulations, and government programs* Yup, he increased the depression from a minor panic by creating mass upheaval in the market and crippling the very industries needed for a recovery.

*looks at pay stub, sees Social Security withholdings*
*looks at Social Security program payments vs. expenses, and trends for the future*
*compares to Ponzi scheme*
Yup.
The Empire of Pretantia wrote:[...] TLDR; welcome to the internet. Bicker or GTFO.
"Why is self-control, autonomy, such a threat to authority? Because the person who controls himself, who is his own master, has no need for an authority to be his master. This, then, renders authority unemployed. What is he to do if he cannot control others? To be sure, he could mind his own business. But that is a fatuous answer, for those who are satisfied to mind their own business do not aspire to become authorities." ~ Thomas Szasz

S23Nation
Envoy

Founded: Apr 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby S23Nation » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:28 am

The Worst President of America
option 10

isn't that a reason? He wasn't my vote but I thought Americans would want a President that did something
other then getting blowjobs (an apparent requirement for being a good president)

Kosmanium
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kosmanium » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:52 am

S23Nation wrote:The Worst President of America
option 10

isn't that a reason? He wasn't my vote but I thought Americans would want a President that did something
other then getting blowjobs (an apparent requirement for being a good president)

:palm: He's two years into office and you already call him the worst president of America! You're saying that he's worse than a man who committed genocide (Jackson)! A man who let the Civil War mean nothing (A. Johnson)! A man who supplied our future enemies and tripled our debt (Reagan)! A man who got us stuck in two wars, ruined our economy, fueled hatred, and allowed a complete disregard for human rights ('enhanced interrogation techniques') (W. Bush)!
Lord of the Dominoes.
Founder of theAIT and Pact of the Rose
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Imagine a bunch of old homophobic, racist rich white guys escaping from the old folks home [...] turning up at a club, putting their hips out on the dancefloor and hitting on all the most attractive women as if they belong amongst the trendy, young and radical.
That's what Libertarian means to me.

Laerod wrote:
Miklesia wrote:"GREEN FASCIST CONSPIRACY"?!?! Are you MAD? Do you even know what fascism is?

He's an anarchic capitalist. His definition of "fascist" is "levies taxes".

Neo Art wrote:Listen, strange women from Russia writin' books about a moral philosophy unworkable without having to invent a perpetual motion machine is no basis for a system of government!

Factbook-Embassies-
Tower

Angleter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 27, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Angleter » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:28 pm

Kosmanium wrote:
S23Nation wrote:The Worst President of America
option 10

A man who supplied our future enemies and tripled our debt (Reagan)!

Bloody bastard! Damn on him for abjectly failing to realise who we might be fighting in a few decades' time! Idiot!

Of course, we all know who supplied the USSR with Lend-Lease, and then handed them most of Eastern Europe on a platter, don't we? Didn't this particular imbecile envisage the Cold War a decade down the road?
[align=center]"I gotta tell you, this is just crazy, huh! This is just nuts, OK! Jeezo man."

Previous

Return to General