NATION

PASSWORD

Describe your teenage years

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 17, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakarisaune » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:54 pm

The Three Cantons wrote:
Melas wrote:
Depends,my main probelm is that they are dull,spend too much time alone and have no real friends.I was never abused or had to work and I am grateful for that.So whats your deal?

I live in a country which is neutral as shit,no exiting things and we are isolated and most of and that is for the entire world, girls are bitches

We're not all that bad :P
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Zaras
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaras » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:54 pm

The horror. The horror.

If I ever had a time machine, I'd beat my teenage self hard enough to get some sense into him.

Melas wrote:
Nadkor wrote:
Really, though?

Dont be offended but where I come from they are either ugly or bitches,even worse 'ugly bitches'

You come from a shitty place then.
Bythyrona wrote:
Zaras wrote:Democratic People's Republic of Glorious Misty Mountain Hop.
The bat in the middle commemmorates their crushing victory in the bloody Battle of Evermore, where the Communists were saved at the last minute by General "Black Dog" Bonham of the Rock 'n Roll Brigade detonating a levee armed with only four sticks and flooding the enemy encampment. He later retired with honours and went to live in California for the rest of his life before ascending to heaven.

Best post I've seen on NS since I've been here. :clap:
Factbook
RP 1, RP 2, RP 3, RP 4, RP 5
ADS, UDL, GFN member
Political compass (old), Political compass (new)
Bottle, telling it like it is.
Risottia, on lolbertarianism.

Thanatttynia
Senator

Founded: Nov 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thanatttynia » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:54 pm

I don't really feel like y'all've shared this experience with me, but my teenage years have been great. I was diagnosed with depression at 10, although this has never really come up at school. Somehow, I managed to get good grades but also be on the School Football and Hockey teams, popular with the popular people, though I've never been horrible to anyone with not as many friends. I suppose if they found out about NS... I mean I've made some quite a few bad decisions but all worth it, I've had the best time of my life and I'm only halfway through! WOOOOOO!
Last edited by Thanatttynia on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syng I wolde, butt, alas! decendunt prospera grata.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:54 pm

The Three Cantons wrote:
Nadkor wrote:
Really, though?

Yes really.

The experience shows.....

You can't think of them as a hive mind. It's also easy to make blanket statements.

Anarkadia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Anarkadia » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:55 pm

Unpredictable, loud, scary and lots of fun.
Anarcho-communist federation of the region Anarkadia.

¡Viva la Comunismo Anarquísta! ¡Muerte al Fascismo!

We are a horizontal federation of autonomous communities - not a nation-state. The governing body and economy are completely decentralized.
NSWiki Entry - NSEconomy - NSTracker
Pro: Internationalism, participatory democracy, autogestion, cybernetics, specifism, anarcho-syndicalism, horizontalism, mutual aid, social justice, RRFMs

Anti: Authoritarianism, nationalism, capitalism, fascism, racism, (hetero)sexism

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.13

Political Test

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:55 pm

Palaeolithic.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Alcase
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alcase » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:55 pm

My parents pretty much spoiled the shit out of me until I had become a teenager.

You know how we act... I always get my ass kicked...
Overview of Alcase
Alcasian Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Alcasian Armed Forces

Track & XC 400m, 800m, 1600m, 5000m
2014 FHSAA XC Finals - 9th Place
2014 FHSAA XC Region 3A1 Runner-Ups
2014 BCAA Championship Runner-Ups
2014 Spanish River Invitational Boy's Champions Runner-Up
2013 FHSAA XC Finals - 12th Place
2013 Cardinal Gibbons Invitational Boy's Champions
2013 3A State Championship Boy's 4 x 800m - 3rd Place
2013 District 3A-15 Boy's Champions

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:56 pm

I played sax, learned about jazz, raced karts, played role-playing games and Battletech and went to conventions, had a mullet but that was common at the time I swear...we didn't know it looked ridiculous...dammit..., was so obsessed with a John Hughes-esque notion of popularity that I didn't notice that I was actually kind of well liked and if I hadn't been such spazz about it I would have been even more.

Had a big-ass yellow Chevy Malibu Classic, not the hot rod Malibu but the granny version (but also for NASCAR homologation, so the wheel wells were huge), lived in a rural suburb so I went to abandoned lots and taught myself Dukes of Hazzard tricks.

Would sneak into apartment complexes and schools in the middle of the night to swim (it's hot as hell where I grew up in the summer, at 3am it's still in the 80s).

Every pretty girl that smiled at me was a potential epic romance and every one that rolled their eyes at me carried the condemnation of their entire gender.

I always thought it would be cooler to do all those things without worrying about parents and having my own money. Fortunately, at least in the 90s, you could continue being a teenager through your 20s where you have a job you don't give a shit about, discover overpriced coffee, and continue to behave like nothing matters for another ten years so that when you're in your 30s and realize that everyone else actually got on with their lives while you were fucking around you can feel like a sad little loser 10 years after being a teenager.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Veceria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Veceria » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:56 pm

Melas wrote:
Veceria wrote:I guess there's too much to describe. I had quite nice teenage years, as my parents always cared for me and helped me.
Still developed some more psychological problems during that time, and/or made those I had already worse.

Mind going on some detail on this problems?

Some people on here already know (some) of my problems. I don't really want to share this stuff with everyone. Just some bad stuff. Nothing important.
[FT]|Does not use NS stats.
Zeth Rekia wrote:You making Zeno horny.

DesAnges wrote:People don't deserve respect, they earn it.

10,000,000th post.
FoxTropica wrote:And then Hurdegaryp kissed Thafoo, Meanwhile Fox-Mary-"Sue"-Tropica saved TET from destruction and everyone happily forever.

Then suddenly fights broke out because hey, it's the internet.

Hurd is Hurd is Hurd.
Discord: Fenrisúlfr#3521
(send me a TG before sending me a friend request though)
I'm Austrian, if you need german translations, feel free to send me a TG.

The Three Cantons
Envoy

Founded: Oct 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Three Cantons » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:56 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:
The Three Cantons wrote:

Yes really.

The experience shows.....

You can't think of them as a hive mind. It's also easy to make blanket statements.

When the girl says "It's not you it's me" you know where it goes!YOU KNOW!
The Kingdom of the Three Cantons 
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

A Federal Kingdom located in Switzerland

Melas
Minister

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Melas » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:58 pm

Veceria wrote:
Melas wrote:
Mind going on some detail on this problems?

Some people on here already know (some) of my problems. I don't really want to share this stuff with everyone. Just some bad stuff. Nothing important.

K then :)
FLAG MADE BY: RYAANISTAN
Bralia wrote:
Melas wrote:no matter what,since tentacles are involved,I have already seen enough hentai to know where this is going

A legendary thousandth post, to be sure. :lol: Congrats.
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ottozum Empire wrote:He also likes his daughters to marry people

Melas is a sugar daddy. Spread the rumor.
Please Join This Awesome RP

The Republic of Greenland
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Greenland » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:59 pm

Im living them now :p But so far they are good years. There have been ups and downs of course, but I have good and smart friends (no alcholics or smokers and so on). Im in one of the hardest courses in my country, so im pretty busy with homework.
    Formal Name: The Federation of the Republic of Greenland
    Date: 2036 AD
    Form of Government: Federal republic
    Population IC: 19 million
    Military: Volunteer Corps (2100), 120 000 reserves
    Religion: No official state Religion.
    Recognised Languages: English, French, Arabic, Inuit and Danish
    Head of State: President Romain Keegan
    Head of Government: Federal Chancellor Michael Bloomberg
    The current largest party: The National Party
    Minister of Foreign Affairs: Joseph Ricardo
    Minister of Defense: Erica Lorèn
    Minister of Culture: Kesuk Petersen
    Minister of Education: Dewey L Richards V
    Minister of Finance: Paul Lafayette
    Minister of Health Care: Patricia Jackson
    Minister of Transport: Gladys Soares

Zaras
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaras » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:59 pm

The Three Cantons wrote:
Samuraikoku wrote:

What are you talking about?
Bythyrona wrote:
Zaras wrote:Democratic People's Republic of Glorious Misty Mountain Hop.
The bat in the middle commemmorates their crushing victory in the bloody Battle of Evermore, where the Communists were saved at the last minute by General "Black Dog" Bonham of the Rock 'n Roll Brigade detonating a levee armed with only four sticks and flooding the enemy encampment. He later retired with honours and went to live in California for the rest of his life before ascending to heaven.

Best post I've seen on NS since I've been here. :clap:
Factbook
RP 1, RP 2, RP 3, RP 4, RP 5
ADS, UDL, GFN member
Political compass (old), Political compass (new)
Bottle, telling it like it is.
Risottia, on lolbertarianism.

The Three Cantons
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Three Cantons » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:59 pm

Zaras wrote:
The Three Cantons wrote:

Nothing.......
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Melas
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Melas » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:59 pm

Farnhamia wrote:Palaeolithic.

Not this again,I mean would you mind to honestly answer? Just saying cause you did the same thing on my other thread (best time of your life) never got an answer and I would like to have one please :)
Bralia wrote:
Melas wrote:no matter what,since tentacles are involved,I have already seen enough hentai to know where this is going

Lancaster of Wessex
Senator

Founded: Feb 21, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lancaster of Wessex » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:00 pm

Awkward and difficult, adventurous and exciting (first love), full of many ups and equally as many downs.
Lancaster.
Duke of the Most Ancient and Noble House of Lancaster of Wessex

The Most High, Potent, and Noble Prince, Lancaster, By the Grace of God, Duke of Wessex, Protector of the Enclaved Pious Estates of The Church of Wessex, Lord of Saint Aldhelm Islands, Prince and Great Steward of Celtic Wessex, Keeper of the Great Seal of the Duchy and House of Lancaster of Wessex, Sovereign of the Most Ancient and Illustrious Order of the Gold Gryphon, etc.

The Jahistic Unified Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jahistic Unified Republic » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:00 pm

I'm in them. I just started the month countdown to my 16th B-day. (31 days). Well, I went from being a Liberal, to being a Conservative, to becoming neither, all within 2 years. I have also been experimenting with religions and seem to settle in to what I firmly believe. It's been a period of getting to know myself, I would guess. I guess the same can be said about any person in their teenage years.

<Koyro> (Democratic Koyro) NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
The Emerald Dawn wrote:"Considering Officer Krupke was patently idiotic to charge these young men in the first place, we're dropping the charges in the interest of not wasting any more of the Judiciary's time with farcical charges brought by officers who require more training on basic legal principles."

Baseball is Best Sport. Life long StL Fan.

The Joseon Dynasty
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Joseon Dynasty » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:01 pm

At the tail end of them now. Overall, rather dull and meaningless, while simultaneously tumultuous and erratic. Didn't lose my ambition or passion in the throng, though.
Last edited by The Joseon Dynasty on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • No, I'm not Korean. I'm British and as white as the Queen's buttocks.
  • Bio: I'm a PhD student in Statistics. Interested in all sorts of things. Currently getting into statistical signal processing for brain imaging. Currently co-authoring a paper on labour market dynamics, hopefully branching off into a test of the Markov property for labour market transition rates.

Melas
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Melas » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:01 pm

The Republic of Greenland wrote:Im living them now :p But so far they are good years. There have been ups and downs of course, but I have good and smart friends (no alcholics or smokers and so on). Im in one of the hardest courses in my country, so im pretty busy with homework.

Wish my countries education wasnt that fd up,feel like having a wasted talent
Bralia wrote:

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:01 pm

Zaras wrote:
The Three Cantons wrote:

Rejection, most likely, but it's easier to pin a fault on somebody else than look for the answer within oneself.

Melas
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Melas » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:02 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:
Zaras wrote:

Rejection, most likely, but it's easier to pin a fault on somebody else than look for the answer within oneself.

Teenage romance is bullshit anyways
Bralia wrote:

The Three Cantons
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Three Cantons » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:03 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:
Zaras wrote:

To put it in a way that hypothetical girl was dating 4 guys a day and hypoptheticaly I was ignorant enough not to know it.
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

The Jahistic Unified Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jahistic Unified Republic » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:03 pm

Melas wrote:
Samuraikoku wrote:

No truer words have been spoken.

<Koyro> (Democratic Koyro) NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
The Emerald Dawn wrote:"Considering Officer Krupke was patently idiotic to charge these young men in the first place, we're dropping the charges in the interest of not wasting any more of the Judiciary's time with farcical charges brought by officers who require more training on basic legal principles."

Baseball is Best Sport. Life long StL Fan.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:03 pm

Melas wrote:
Samuraikoku wrote:

You're speaking to one who never had it, unfortunately.

Khadgar
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Khadgar » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:04 pm

Melas wrote:
Samuraikoku wrote:

Plus the sex is awkward and no one involved is good at what they're doing. Sad all way around honestly.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General