NATION

PASSWORD

Men aren't worse off.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Remove ads

User avatar
Conformal Veal Theory
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 105
Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Conformal Veal Theory » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:42 pm

Seriong wrote:No one is worthless, some people are just more fit to be 'processed food product - hotdog'


Disturbing.

User avatar
Conformal Veal Theory
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 105
Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Conformal Veal Theory » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:44 pm

Ulvena wrote:So you want to focus only on the problems with one gender? You realize that men get more prison time than women for the same crime? Women can wrongfully frame men for sexual harassment at the workplace while a man cannot do the same with a woman? If anything, the status quo is better than what the feminists call a "Patriarchy." Which doesn't even exist any more.


1. Feminism does not only focus on the problems of one gender. Quit focusing on horrible people like femitheist divine as quintessential feminists.

2. Part of the reason women get less time is because we take women less seriously.

User avatar
The God-Realm
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8759
Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The God-Realm » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:48 pm

Conformal Veal Theory wrote:
Ulvena wrote:So you want to focus only on the problems with one gender? You realize that men get more prison time than women for the same crime? Women can wrongfully frame men for sexual harassment at the workplace while a man cannot do the same with a woman? If anything, the status quo is better than what the feminists call a "Patriarchy." Which doesn't even exist any more.


1. Feminism does not only focus on the problems of one gender. Quit focusing on horrible people like femitheist divine as quintessential feminists.

2. Part of the reason women get less time is because we take women less seriously.

My girlfriend is serious, and if you don't take her seriously you are going to end up with a big hospital bill.

The reason girls are not taken seriously is because most have annoying speaking tones and they make no effort to want to be serious and instead swoon over 1D
Add me on Steam: Hatekindler

Member of: IWW, EF!, La Raza, the KFA, and NSG Senate and Red Army
Esternial wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:No

people who qq over losing a gf over a small penis size are insecure and need to check themselves

Before they wreck themselves?

Or their ex' car.

User avatar
Conformal Veal Theory
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 105
Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Conformal Veal Theory » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:52 pm

The God-Realm wrote:My girlfriend is serious, and if you don't take her seriously you are going to end up with a big hospital bill.

The reason girls are not taken seriously is because most have annoying speaking tones and they make no effort to want to be serious and instead swoon over 1D


I'd say it has more to do with the fact that we're socialized not to take women seriously in such subtle ways that we don't even notice it.

User avatar
Not Safe For Work
Minister
 
Posts: 2010
Founded: Jul 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Not Safe For Work » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:53 pm

Ulvena wrote:
Not Safe For Work wrote:
Actually, by definition, it pretty much is.

It's got to be a better alternative than the status quo, anyway.


So you want to focus only on the problems with one gender?


No.

You're tilting at windmills.
Beot or botneot, tath is the nestqoui.

User avatar
The God-Realm
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8759
Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The God-Realm » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:54 pm

Conformal Veal Theory wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:My girlfriend is serious, and if you don't take her seriously you are going to end up with a big hospital bill.

The reason girls are not taken seriously is because most have annoying speaking tones and they make no effort to want to be serious and instead swoon over 1D


I'd say it has more to do with the fact that we're socialized not to take women seriously in such subtle ways that we don't even notice it.

Nah, I still think it's because this generation's women cannot speak without raping your ears and overusing the word "like" and "cool" and "fashion".
Add me on Steam: Hatekindler

Member of: IWW, EF!, La Raza, the KFA, and NSG Senate and Red Army
Esternial wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:No

people who qq over losing a gf over a small penis size are insecure and need to check themselves

Before they wreck themselves?

Or their ex' car.

User avatar
PapaJacky
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1478
Founded: Apr 16, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby PapaJacky » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:56 pm

The God-Realm wrote:
Conformal Veal Theory wrote:
I'd say it has more to do with the fact that we're socialized not to take women seriously in such subtle ways that we don't even notice it.

Nah, I still think it's because this generation's women cannot speak without raping your ears and overusing the word "like" and "cool" and "fashion".


You have seen men in real life, right? Everybody does that, who knew.

User avatar
Arkon Corporation
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 157
Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkon Corporation » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:56 pm

Forsher wrote:Seems sort of obvious really, it's all about comparative advantage. On a vaguely related note.

Seskany wrote:Feminism (At least, the proper kind) is about equal rights for the sexes. So, no. "Feminists," however, are just bigots with different prejudices then the mainstream terrible people. Note my clever use of quotation marks, there. Fortunately, quotation-mark-feminists are few, and far between. Unless you're on the internet, I mean.


Feminism goes about trying to get gender equality by approaching it from the female perspective. This, when all is said and done, is not surprising when one remembers that feminism began as a ideology that was about getting women equal rights. Now that has largely been achieved (where feminism began) feminism has broadened its scope to deal with all inequality wherever it sees it. Which is the problem, there's inequality that will get left behind and will be ignored by feminism. Not because feminists want to ignore it but because they don't see it. However, maybe if feminism was more successful with what it does see then, perhaps, in an incredibly cynical attempt to stay relevant it will be able to see more... just as it did last time it needed to update.

That bit about not seeing has been something that NSG has been either unable or unwilling to grasp. In the eyes of many on here feminism can do no wrong and this extends to it having no flaws. In fact on similar thread saw me quite deliberately point out an instance of selective quoting on my part in the post where that happened and then spend ages dealing with the feminist arm in that thread that accused me of selective quoting. This wouldn't have been a problem if they had just read and understand my post with the mentioning of selective quoting. It was really quite dense on their part. (I selectively quoted for humour, why else?)

the advocacy of women’s rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes


This is my go-to definition of feminism. It's from a highly respectable source and is only criticised because I don't bother with other definitions (for the most part I disagree with those definitions and they are as respectable in origin). What we see here is that feminists agree with equal rights. More than that, really, they want equal rights. The important bit to note is that they advocate women's rights. What does this mean? Well, quite simply, feminists advocate women's rights to achieve gender equality. Not hard at all to understand, right? Experience here says otherwise, that said this is a new way of explaining this so maybe this time.\

Feminism complains about women not being paid as much. Often, they look at job locations not jobs. If most women are on the checkouts they'll have lower average pays because stacking shelves pays more, for example. This is really more a statistical thing that I wanted to point out. In fact, most people would make this error and I probably only identify it because I've had cause to sit down and think about it some more. This paragraph really exists to show you how easily one can create a passage that is critical of feminism. The bolded sentence exists to elevate me over the rest as I bother to point out that this is something feminists do but it is not a flaw of feminism. (In other words, bias is really easy to create.)

People do complain about the under-acheivement of boys in relation to girls in schools. Boys and English is practically the same thing as Girls and Maths. I'm not sure which is better known, given that I've seen a Simpsons episode working with the latter I am inclined to say in the US, at least, Girls and Maths is. However, that's also the view that's more beneficial to my point (fair, if not balanced). Certainly, having to think about which is better known tells me that they are, at least, equally well known things. That sounds good, right? Well, not really. The simple fact is that boys do worse in English when compared to girls than girls do in maths when compared to boys. This, in an equal society, should mean that that as a problem should be better known. In fact, education is both a glaring success and a glaring failure for feminism as a result of this.

All in all, society is better off for having feminism than it would be for not having it. The challenge today is making sure that feminism continues to be beneficial. The more examples of sexist feminists there are out there is quite possibly for the best. Feminism will be forced to rename itself and "feminism" will go the way of "masculism". The new "equalists" as I dub them will have a clean slate and that should mean that they can do more for gender equality.

^This
I'm all for women having equal rights. I don't like women trying to fight for more rights. Like getting better education than men, or all-girl schools. I think the feminists have taken it a little too far. Girls fought to get into all-boy schools in the name of gender equality, so they were let in. Boys aren't allowed into all-girls schools though because if they try they're called sexist for trying to infringe on women's rights. Quoted nation is right, it's very easy to create bias, and getting this information off a feminist website means it was probably biased. Sources like this tend to put what will benefit their cause. Women in some places are still payed less than men, yes I'll give them that. Still, the answer to that is to give them equal pay. The majority of "radical" feminists would fight for women to be paid more than men as an answer. Unfortunately it would probably go through, and if men tried to get equal pay they would be called sexist. A big part of the new feminist agenda is to convince people that all men have ever done is oppress women and women have done nothing but benefited society, so it's time for them to push back. Studies that they show for domestic violence against women used the term "fight" as raising their voice or walking out of a room during an argument. Well, if that's the case. I know most women are probably more abusive to their husbands, but they won't show those statistics. They only let the public see what they want the public to see, and they tend to get it their way because many people are too lazy to go do any research of their own, they'll believe anything that's fed to them without question. I think we already achieved gender equality for 95% of topics in America, so the the feminists need to move on to other countries where women are actually oppressed. Of course, the only thing they have to offer now are abortion rights. Well, they don't want abortions, they want to be free. If that were the current agenda of feminism I'd support the crap out of it. If supporting the crap out of something makes any sense.
I have been asked "Would you rather face a velociraptor or a necromorph?" That depends, is it a raptor pack? If not, I'd take one the lone one. If so, I'd fear them. Also it matters which kind of necromorph. Then there are the Stalkers...
-Me
Hey! You! Any post made about Arkon's military before 6/26/2012 may not be accurate, check the factbook (when it's done) about it.

User avatar
Not Safe For Work
Minister
 
Posts: 2010
Founded: Jul 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Not Safe For Work » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:56 pm

The God-Realm wrote:
Conformal Veal Theory wrote:
I'd say it has more to do with the fact that we're socialized not to take women seriously in such subtle ways that we don't even notice it.

Nah, I still think it's because this generation's women cannot speak without raping your ears and overusing the word "like" and "cool" and "fashion".


Which generation are we talking about. It sounds like the 'generation' you're alluding to... are still in school.
Beot or botneot, tath is the nestqoui.

User avatar
The God-Realm
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8759
Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The God-Realm » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:57 pm

PapaJacky wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:Nah, I still think it's because this generation's women cannot speak without raping your ears and overusing the word "like" and "cool" and "fashion".


You have seen men in real life, right? Everybody does that, who knew.

I have. They do not act like that, they are still moronic, but that is another story.
Add me on Steam: Hatekindler

Member of: IWW, EF!, La Raza, the KFA, and NSG Senate and Red Army
Esternial wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:No

people who qq over losing a gf over a small penis size are insecure and need to check themselves

Before they wreck themselves?

Or their ex' car.

User avatar
Jinos
Minister
 
Posts: 2424
Founded: Oct 10, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Jinos » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:00 pm

Conformal Veal Theory wrote:
Ulvena wrote:So you want to focus only on the problems with one gender? You realize that men get more prison time than women for the same crime? Women can wrongfully frame men for sexual harassment at the workplace while a man cannot do the same with a woman? If anything, the status quo is better than what the feminists call a "Patriarchy." Which doesn't even exist any more.


1. Feminism does not only focus on the problems of one gender. Quit focusing on horrible people like femitheist divine as quintessential feminists.


No, it doesn't. Feminism ignores, in fact, often denies the existence of, systematic discrimination against men. I notice that no Feminist group ever pushes for say, a Violence Against Men Act, despite the fact that statistically men are just as likely to be victims of domestic abuse and women are just as likely to be abusers as men are. That is just one example in many of how the Feminist movement does nothing to correct deficiencies in social attitudes toward men.

2. Part of the reason women get less time is because we take women less seriously.


"Murder" is pretty serious. Among other crimes. I doubt they're being taken 'less seriously.' If anything, it's probably attributable to judges having more sympathy for female sob stories.
Last edited by Jinos on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.97

Map of the Grand Commonwealth

User avatar
PapaJacky
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1478
Founded: Apr 16, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby PapaJacky » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:00 pm

The God-Realm wrote:
PapaJacky wrote:
You have seen men in real life, right? Everybody does that, who knew.

I have. They do not act like that, they are still moronic, but that is another story.


Must be wrong part of the country then.

In any case, generations complain about their generations; yours is no different. Men and women are equally as annoying/stupid as they ever were, the only difference is media attention and focus.

User avatar
The God-Realm
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8759
Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The God-Realm » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:04 pm

PapaJacky wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:I have. They do not act like that, they are still moronic, but that is another story.


Must be wrong part of the country then.

In any case, generations complain about their generations; yours is no different. Men and women are equally as annoying/stupid as they ever were, the only difference is media attention and focus.

I'm 30. I'm talking about the fucktard teens who get knocked up and don't give a fuck.
Add me on Steam: Hatekindler

Member of: IWW, EF!, La Raza, the KFA, and NSG Senate and Red Army
Esternial wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:No

people who qq over losing a gf over a small penis size are insecure and need to check themselves

Before they wreck themselves?

Or their ex' car.

User avatar
Conformal Veal Theory
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 105
Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Conformal Veal Theory » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:08 pm

Let's discuss more the idea that men are becoming obsolete because reproduction no longer requires them. Does anyone wish to defend this thesis so we can at least have fun arguing with a devil's advocate?

User avatar
Big Jim P
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 52326
Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Big Jim P » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:09 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:
AETEN II wrote:-shrugs-
Well there is the biological fact that we live slightly shorter lives.


Matters not how long you live, what matters is how.


Indeed.

User avatar
Conformal Veal Theory
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 105
Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Conformal Veal Theory » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:11 pm

Big Jim P wrote:Indeed.


To an extent, but I do imagine one who only lives 15 weeks is getting a pretty shitty deal.

User avatar
Not Safe For Work
Minister
 
Posts: 2010
Founded: Jul 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Not Safe For Work » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:15 pm

Conformal Veal Theory wrote:Let's discuss more the idea that men are becoming obsolete because reproduction no longer requires them. Does anyone wish to defend this thesis so we can at least have fun arguing with a devil's advocate?


Reproduction isn't the ultimate arbiter of societal existence. Sterile people still function in society. Those who choose not to have children still function in society. Those who are too young, too old, or too single to have children still function in society. etc.

Even if men were entirely unneeded for reproduction - like if we had infinite banked sperm, and a female population that actually preferred IVF - it's unlikely the male population would instantly wither.

Perhaps in that alternate reality, women might start selecting for female heirs, and we might eventually end up with a predominantly female society, but I doubt it. Some girls just like boys.
Beot or botneot, tath is the nestqoui.

User avatar
Raeyh
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6275
Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Raeyh » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:16 pm

Big Jim P wrote:
Samuraikoku wrote:
Matters not how long you live, what matters is how.


Indeed.


Men have shorter lives from stress, not from enjoyment. Probably work related stress.

User avatar
PapaJacky
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1478
Founded: Apr 16, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby PapaJacky » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:17 pm

The God-Realm wrote:
PapaJacky wrote:
Must be wrong part of the country then.

In any case, generations complain about their generations; yours is no different. Men and women are equally as annoying/stupid as they ever were, the only difference is media attention and focus.

I'm 30. I'm talking about the fucktard teens who get knocked up and don't give a fuck.


Teen pregnancies have dropped steadily for decades now.

User avatar
Roan Cara
Senator
 
Posts: 3988
Founded: Jul 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Roan Cara » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:18 pm

personally, jokes aside, I like and love my man and I would miss him and I think the idea of the world being bereft of the slim chance of there being more men like him in the future is a sad one... hopefully it won't happen.
Married to Big Jim P- I will always love him-ALLways
Roan HaYashurah - Roan the Just... or straight...~Menassa
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Dr. Seuss[/align]

User avatar
Conformal Veal Theory
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 105
Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Conformal Veal Theory » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:18 pm

Gah, this thread is boring. Everyone agrees to much. Where are all the crazy people asserting that males are obsolete and that we should engineer a future utopia of genetically superior asexual female overlords?

User avatar
Conformal Veal Theory
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 105
Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Conformal Veal Theory » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:19 pm

The God-Realm wrote:I'm 30. I'm talking about the fucktard teens who get knocked up and don't give a fuck.


"Fucktard" is probably not a good phrase to use, as it's quite ableist.

User avatar
Jinos
Minister
 
Posts: 2424
Founded: Oct 10, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Jinos » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:22 pm

Conformal Veal Theory wrote:Let's discuss more the idea that men are becoming obsolete because reproduction no longer requires them. Does anyone wish to defend this thesis so we can at least have fun arguing with a devil's advocate?


Reproduction will soon no longer require women either.
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.97

Map of the Grand Commonwealth

User avatar
Ulvena
Minister
 
Posts: 2411
Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvena » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:23 pm

Conformal Veal Theory wrote:
Ulvena wrote:So you want to focus only on the problems with one gender? You realize that men get more prison time than women for the same crime? Women can wrongfully frame men for sexual harassment at the workplace while a man cannot do the same with a woman? If anything, the status quo is better than what the feminists call a "Patriarchy." Which doesn't even exist any more.


1. Feminism does not only focus on the problems of one gender. Quit focusing on horrible people like femitheist divine as quintessential feminists.

2. Part of the reason women get less time is because we take women less seriously.


1. The patriarchy is gender equality? The patriarchy is a load of bull and it's quintessential feminist theory.

2. Oh you so funny.
"We Do What We Must, because We Can"
"True Progress for Humanity at All Costs"



Political Compass
For: Monetarism, Agnosticism, Free Thought, Small but strong government, Libertarianism, Gold Standard, Science. Palestine.
Against: Communism, Racism, Fundamentalism, Ignorance, Optimism, Intrusion of Privacy, Propaganda, Zionism.
Neo-Joseon Factbook

User avatar
Conformal Veal Theory
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 105
Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Conformal Veal Theory » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:24 pm

Jinos wrote:Reproduction will soon no longer require women either.


No, replacements for sperm are a lot easier than replacements for uterii.

PreviousNext

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ator Ter, Capulletia, Corrian, Democratic Communist Federation, Dylar, Estanglia, Fartsniffage, Finsternia, Firaxin, Grinning Dragon, Harmonian Hegemony, Maineiacs, New yugoslavaia, Page, Petrasylvania, Shrillland, Souseiseki, Telconi, The Black Forrest, The Holy Therns, Thermodolia, Uxupox, Valrifell, Western Vale Confederacy, Zex

Remove ads

cron