NATION

PASSWORD

Anti-Americanism on NationStates

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:43 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:
Any online sources lol
This seems like a dodge to me.
The fact is,if you review history, George III was constantly dismayed by his utter lack of power over parliament.
It'd been this way for a while too

Oh, I use Print Sources. It draws from the fact i like to read books and such, Plus, i didn't spend hundreds of dollars and pounds on it, not to use it.
Plus World Book is a great Cite for School papers.

I'm sure it is, but an American Encylopedia that I can't verify utterly defeats the point of source material.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:44 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Oh, I use Print Sources. It draws from the fact i like to read books and such, Plus, i didn't spend hundreds of dollars and pounds on it, not to use it.
Plus World Book is a great Cite for School papers.

I'm sure it is, but an American Encylopedia that I can't verify utterly defeats the point of source material.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Book_Encyclopedia
I'm really tired

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006

Postby Ostroeuropa » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:46 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Book_Encyclopedia

<_<

Please give an excerpt from the entry where you gained these opinions.
I'll google the exerpt to find the rest.
Or if not, I'm just going to assume you aren't basing this on actual fact, and are just SURE the american government is the oldest.
And arguing from faith.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

United Gackle
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby United Gackle » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:49 pm

Valhallion wrote:
United Gackle wrote:LOL well that is where your WRONG

I know the gun laws here you can open carry a firearm as long as it is NOT loaded

to carry a concealed weapon such as a pistol you need to be 21 or older and have a permit

Also i own 2 M-16's, and 2 M4's you do not need a permit ask any gun dealership now IF it was full auto that on the other hand YOU NEED a permit for just like you can own a Tank i have a friend whose uncle owns a Sherman

You came to the wrong person man i know my guns and weapons i deal with gun dealerships also own a glock and i do have a permit to carry a concealed weapon for it as well

if they are not full auto then they are noy the m-16 or the m-4, you own to long ar-15 and two short ar-15. A m16/m4 require a class 3 license and are heavily regulated by the federal government. If you dont own a class 3 license and you do won fully automatic weapons under your name then i suggest you get that class 3 in a hurry cause you face 5-10 years in butt rape hell for each of them so you could spend 20-40 years being buba new girlfriend.

Check with your local gun dealership
No type of license required unless full auto and not all M16's or M4's are full auto

ONLY Difference between M16 is with the M4 and AR is that the barrel is bigger by 4inchs or so

AR15 is the civilian name for it while the M4 is the military name which is stated in the manual written by the US Military itself which comes with any M16 / M4 you purchase
Last edited by United Gackle on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Revenge for Armenian Genocide TURKEY YOU WILL PAY!!!!

Valhallion
Attaché

Founded: Sep 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Valhallion » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:00 pm

United Gackle wrote:
Valhallion wrote:
if they are not full auto then they are noy the m-16 or the m-4, you own to long ar-15 and two short ar-15. A m16/m4 require a class 3 license and are heavily regulated by the federal government. If you dont own a class 3 license and you do won fully automatic weapons under your name then i suggest you get that class 3 in a hurry cause you face 5-10 years in butt rape hell for each of them so you could spend 20-40 years being buba new girlfriend.

No type of license required unless full auto and not all M16's or M4's are full auto

ONLY Difference between M16 is with the M4 and AR is that the barrel is bigger by 4inchs or so

AR15 is the civilian name for it while the M4 is the military name which is stated in the manual written by the US Military itself which comes with any M16 / M4 you purchase

you obviously dont know your guns, i dont care how thick the barrel is, the distinction between the m rifles and the ARs is function. if it is full auto then it gets called M-16/M-4 other wise you got a tick barreled AR and nothing more.

Now i would possibly believe you if you told me they where originally full auto and rendered semi auto only, if not then some people have been lying to you.

Yes you can buy a AR some places without hassle, most others you need a foid card, but if these where not original converted m-16/m4 then im sorry your the most gullible fool i have ever seen, i hope thats not the case.

In fact do me a favor go look on your rifles and tell me the company that made them, should be right on the receiver on the mag well.

Ulvena
Minister

Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvena » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:02 pm

The Taryegeans wrote:
Ulvena wrote:2. That's indirect killing. What do you think the Iraqi government would do with Saddam? Give him flowers? It's not an impartial court and he was still a nation's leader. It isn't 1945 any more. There is an ICC that America apparently really hates or really doesn't care about given their actions after World War 2 to the present day.

8. Good for you. I see myself as someone who is a patriot of South Korea. I respect your decision to be an American patriot given that you've shown me you're not an ignorant racist asshole but a reasonable fellow.

- Arrested a Panema's leader like he was just some criminal
- Funded Iraq's invasion of Iran
- Killed the President of South Vietnam
- U.S reinstates Kuwait dictator

A few things I'd like to address.

1. With all due respect, fuck the ICC. Saddam killed Iraqis. He deserved to be tried and killed by Iraqis.

2. Also: South Korean patriot throwing My Lai in our face? That's ironic, to say the least.

3. He was some criminal.

4. Not really. They actually funded both sides, and tbh it was in the best interest of the US at the time to support Iraq.
I don't recall this, but I could be wrong.

5. Dictator? I wouldn't consider Kuwait a dictatorship, and it's certainly a hell of a lot better liberated than under Saddam.

1. Really? So if a murderer murders a family save for one member, that murderer should be tried and executed by the victim instead of an impartial court and a FAIR judicial system? Good to know

2. We don't claim that we're #1 or helped hundreds of people when in reality, we killed thousands. Sure, Korea did bad things. I recognize them. That's why I don't claim South Korea is #1 or a saintly nation. I just love the country because it's filled with my people (pure breed) and my culture is Korea.

3. Really? Noriega was a criminal? Please enlighten me.

4. Even worse. America can't even decide what country to support and just supports the nation that only benefits them and not the international community. Then they call China a bad superpower.

5. The Monarch in question has very strong powers. And it's better liberated? Really? http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wikileak ... E6oXq415rY

Sure, Saddam killed more people, about 500,000, but that was in the time span of many MANY years. He's still a pretty evil guy, don't get me wrong. However, one of the chief reasons of going into Iraq were WMDs, which Saddam did not have since by U.N law, he disassembled them and opened Iraq to investigation by United Nations investigation teams.

If the chief reason was human rights, then U.N intervention would have been in order. But when the United States went into the U.N, they said that, "Diplomacy failed?" Really now? Diplomacy failed? Well you'd see that diplomacy going up pretty fucking quickly if you stop bombing them ever year and if you actually LISTEN and COMPROMISE instead of creating some Coalition of the Willing.

Valhallion
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Valhallion » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:06 pm

All of the good names are taken wrote:One of the things I have noticed on the NS forums is that anti-americanism seems to be very rampant. I have seen a lot of posters post things like "I hate America" and "Americans are crazy". And in addition to that I saw a poll on a thread about what people think the worst thing about America is and most people selected the option that the problem is the Americans. I don't understand why there is all of this America bashing here. The United States is the greatest country there is. Most other free nations based their constitutions off ours, if it wasn't for us then it is very likely that most or all of Europe and Asia would be under the control of Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, and Imperial Japan. It was American humanitarian aid that helped put Europe back on it's feet after the war. We are also the ones that thwarted North Koreas attempt to conquer South Korea. We are the ones who led the free world to victory in the Cold War. When it comes to giving aid to other countries in need it is America that is the most generous. We give several times more humanitarian aid and money to poor nations than any other country. We have the third largest population, third largest land area, largest economy, and the most powerful military. I admit that America does have it's flaws but as President William Clinton said "there is nothing wrong in America that can't be fixed with what is right in America". Every country has it's flaws and home countries of these anti-americans atre surely no exception. So tell me this. Why is anti-americanism so rampant here?

repost

EFEC
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 28, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby EFEC » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:38 pm

All of the good names are taken wrote:I don't understand why there is all of this America bashing here. The United States is the greatest country there is.

You lost me here...typical American imo. Don't take it personally, some people just really really really don't like America, and you aren't going to change their minds by rambling about how amazing your country is and letting everyone know how many ''good'' things it has done for everyone.

The Tiger Kingdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tiger Kingdom » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:39 pm

EFEC wrote:
All of the good names are taken wrote:I don't understand why there is all of this America bashing here. The United States is the greatest country there is.

You lost me here...typical American imo. Don't take it personally, some people just really really really don't like America, and you aren't going to change their minds by rambling about how amazing your country is and letting everyone know how many ''good'' things it has done for everyone.

He's not typical. Take it from me.
When the war is over
Got to start again
Try to hold a trace of what it was back then
You and I we sent each other stories
Just a page I'm lost in all its glory
How can I go home and not get blown away

Valhallion
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Valhallion » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:40 pm

EFEC wrote:

im just re-posting this guys original post.

EFEC
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby EFEC » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:43 pm

The Tiger Kingdom wrote:He's not typical. Take it from me.

I am not saying all Americans are full of themselves/their country. I am just saying it is a characteristic of a large number of them, which it is. I have been to America, and there are some extremely friendly and nice people.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:06 pm

The Nuclear Fist wrote:
Yankee Empire wrote:Might doesn't make right, but you need might to make right.

Or an international criminal court.

Which only works as long as it can actually do something. Not so much might as in military but might all the same.

Yankee Empire wrote:So if you are so sure of your own beliefs defend them with reason.

You've encountered NSG's favourite strategem of argument: you're wrong. It is rare for a view to be created and supported outside of OPs. It is rare to find an attack that uses some sort of explanation. It is rare to find a non-anecdotal reply.

Cromarty wrote:
Vistulange wrote:Also, the OP puts it there quite clearly: "Ammurrika is da greatest!!111one11one" is why majority of people despise the USA.

The majority of people likely have no strong feelings for or against America.

Also, hyperbole.

What is remarkably common is finding that no-one quotes Forsher's posts.

Forsher wrote:
All of the good names are taken wrote:One of the things I have noticed on the NS forums is that anti-americanism seems to be very rampant.

Lot's of things are rampant on NSG... abortion threads, threads about why abortion threads are bad/good/boring/other and even threads about why we have threads on why abortion threads are bad/good/boring/other. Why should this be any different? As a matter of fact, posting is rampant too. I have thousands of the buggers.

All of the good names are taken wrote:I have seen a lot of posters post things like "I hate America" and "Americans are crazy".

Anecdote, schmanecdote. Statistics, facts, data, quotes, man.

All of the good names are taken wrote:And in addition to that I saw a poll on a thread about what people think the worst thing about America is and most people selected the option that the problem is the Americans.

Don't tell us about the evidence, show us the evidence. I don't think I got around to voting.

All of the good names are taken wrote:I don't understand why there is all of this America bashing here.

I don't understand why there are so many threads like this (yes, I'm hypocritical). I mean there's one on why we have so many liberals or whatever it is. (I very nearly made a typo that would bring modly wrath on my head there. I mention this to look daring, see?)

All of the good names are taken wrote:The United States is the greatest country there is.

This is very possibly the answer. That's to say people don't like arrogance or even sweeping statements like this. Many people also disagree with policies adopted by the US Government (and what are they doing about that? I ask), their accents (which are many and varied but that's not unique to America and often quite subtle, it's rarer to find places that don't have this) or their media. Some also don't like physical things (that mountain with the heads, ugly, for example) or slightly less tangible things that are physical enough (education, by way of an example).

All of the good names are taken wrote:Most other free nations based their constitutions off ours, if it wasn't for us then it is very likely that most or all of Europe and Asia would be under the control of Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, and Imperial Japan.

The Red Army was doing pretty well too. It's a team effort, man. I don't like constitutions, there are others also. Some may not like specific constitutions.

All of the good names are taken wrote:It was American humanitarian aid that helped put Europe back on it's feet after the war.

There's an argument to be made that the US:
  • Was responsible (undermining of Wilson's position at the Paris Peace Conference by other elements of the US Government, failure to shore up the League of Nations, failure to pay more attention to world affairs) for said damage in the first place.
  • Only did so to benefit itself (who am I to trade with if they aren't fixed?).
  • Nasty foreign buggers, we were fine by ourselves.

I'm not saying that any of these arguments are correct, or even function by themselves. I am saying they exist and the last one, well there may be a rational argument for that too.

All of the good names are taken wrote:We are also the ones that thwarted North Koreas attempt to conquer South Korea.

Again, team effort. People aren't so happy when group work sees one name on the cover.

All of the good names are taken wrote:We are the ones who led the free world to victory in the Cold War.

Although, to be fair, the 'free world' is dubious, the USSR collapsed for internal reasons and the US helped create the Cold War. You'll find that all European powers at the time tend to be criticised for WWI today, even if they won.

All of the good names are taken wrote:When it comes to giving aid to other countries in need it is America that is the most generous.

And exact things for US gain in return. Not that that isn't sensible in the short term. There are a lot of things to criticise about this sort of thing, even for Americans.

All of the good names are taken wrote:We give several times more humanitarian aid and money to poor nations than any other country.

Show offs. Hey, there's another reason.

All of the good names are taken wrote:We have the third largest population, third largest land area, largest economy, and the most powerful military.

In order. Many people consider that a bad thing; thieves! that land belongs to [insert people of choice here], or, that land was gained in a bad way; who cares about the economy, other things are more important; and heaps, if not most, Generalites don't like militaries.

All of the good names are taken wrote:I admit that America does have it's flaws but as President William Clinton said "there is nothing wrong in America that can't be fixed with what is right in America".

The question is: what stands out more? For every Clinton there are two Bushes... I venture a joke.

All of the good names are taken wrote:Every country has it's flaws and home countries of these anti-americans atre surely no exception. So tell me this. Why is anti-americanism so rampant here?

Some are American, I mean anti-Americans, to be clear.

More to follow.

The reason being, of course, that no-one disagrees, is sufficiently amused and stuff like that.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Vousielle
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Vousielle » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:10 pm

Ulvena wrote:3. Really? Noriega was a criminal? Please enlighten me.

Noriega was a military strongman and a criminal kingpin, involved in all kinds of criminal enterprises ruling his country as essentially a giant drug factory. He was a bad guy, and definitely a criminal in any sense of the word. You can argue it wasn't America's responsibility to apprehend him, but considering the he had had alot of dealings wit the CIA it really was. We ad to clean up our own mess, in the estimation of the powers that be.
I LIVE AGAIN

Sensible Minimalism
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Sensible Minimalism » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:33 pm

All of the good names are taken wrote: The United States is the greatest country there is.

I didn't know that some people spell "Canada" as "United States".

EFEC
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby EFEC » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:04 pm

Sensible Minimalism wrote:
All of the good names are taken wrote: The United States is the greatest country there is.

I didn't know that some people spell "Canada" as "United States".

Here we go again....

Sensible Minimalism
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Sensible Minimalism » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:06 pm

EFEC wrote:
Sensible Minimalism wrote:I didn't know that some people spell "Canada" as "United States".

Here we go again....

I'm offended by the anti-Canadian sentiments expressed in your comment. Clearly you are just jealous of Canada.

Vousielle
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vousielle » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:37 pm

Sensible Minimalism wrote:
EFEC wrote:

Here we go again....

I'm offended by the anti-Canadian sentiments expressed in your comment. Clearly you are just jealous of Canada.

You guys did come up with the Red Green Show, so he probably is.
I LIVE AGAIN

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:45 pm

Vousielle wrote:
Sensible Minimalism wrote:I'm offended by the anti-Canadian sentiments expressed in your comment. Clearly you are just jealous of Canada.

You guys did come up with the Red Green Show, so he probably is.

And The Kids In The Hall.

On the other hand, we did come up with Mr. Show With Bob And Dave, so....

Costa Alegria
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Alegria » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:47 pm

I know the gun laws here you can open carry a firearm as long as it is NOT loaded

to carry a concealed weapon such as a pistol you need to be 21 or older and have a permit

Also i own 2 M-16's, and 2 M4's you do not need a permit ask any gun dealership now IF it was full auto that on the other hand YOU NEED a permit for just like you can own a Tank i have a friend whose uncle owns a Sherman

You came to the wrong person man i know my guns and weapons i deal with gun dealerships also own a glock and i do have a permit to carry a concealed weapon for it as well

You remind me of the 4chan quote where the dude is an expert in "gorilla warfare".
I AM THE RHYMENOCEROUS!
Member of the [under new management] in the NSG Senate

If You Lot Really Must Know...
Pro: Legalisation of Marijuana, LGBT rights, freedom of speech, freedom of press, democracy yadda yadda.
Con: Nationalism, authoritariansim, totalitarianism, omnipotent controlling religious beliefs, general stupidity.
Meh: Everything else that I can't be fucked giving an opinion about.

Creative Vikings
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Creative Vikings » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:53 pm

All of the good names are taken wrote:One of the things I have noticed on the NS forums is that anti-americanism seems to be very rampant. I have seen a lot of posters post things like "I hate America" and "Americans are crazy". And in addition to that I saw a poll on a thread about what people think the worst thing about America is and most people selected the option that the problem is the Americans. I don't understand why there is all of this America bashing here. The United States is the greatest country there is. Most other free nations based their constitutions off ours, if it wasn't for us then it is very likely that most or all of Europe and Asia would be under the control of Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, and Imperial Japan. It was American humanitarian aid that helped put Europe back on it's feet after the war. We are also the ones that thwarted North Koreas attempt to conquer South Korea. We are the ones who led the free world to victory in the Cold War. When it comes to giving aid to other countries in need it is America that is the most generous. We give several times more humanitarian aid and money to poor nations than any other country. We have the third largest population, third largest land area, largest economy, and the most powerful military. I admit that America does have it's flaws but as President William Clinton said "there is nothing wrong in America that can't be fixed with what is right in America". Every country has it's flaws and home countries of these anti-americans atre surely no exception. So tell me this. Why is anti-americanism so rampant here?

If I admitted to being Anti-American, would you stop being so bloody annoying?

Valhallion
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Valhallion » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:00 pm

Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
Vousielle wrote:You guys did come up with the Red Green Show, so he probably is.

but then there was beiber.............we are within your right to declare WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Valhallion
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Valhallion » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:01 pm

Costa Alegria wrote:

You remind me of the 4chan quote where the dude is an expert in "gorilla warfare".

:rofl: :rofl:

Vousielle
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vousielle » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:02 pm

Valhallion wrote:
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

but then there was beiber.............we are within your right to declare WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

I haven't had algae in my cells in years.
I LIVE AGAIN

Creative Vikings
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Creative Vikings » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:06 pm

United Gackle wrote:
Valhallion wrote:

Get yo'l butt over to the Main Military Weapon thread.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:15 pm

We still do these threads?

Shit.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General