NATION

PASSWORD

Capitalism vs. Communism

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

4years
Senator

Founded: Aug 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby 4years » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:22 am

Blakk Metal wrote:
4years wrote:No.
Galileo demonstrated Aristotle's 'common sense' to be just a little bit off on that point, I believe.

..in a vacuum.

I said no to your question "in an atmosphere?" which would imply a vacuum.
Besides the point was a famous example of why "common sense" is a terrible argument.
Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -10.00 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -10
"Those who do not move, do not notice their chains. "
-Rosa Luxemburg
"In place of bourgeois society with all of it's classes and class antagonisms, we shall have an association, one in which the free development of each is the condition for the free development of all" -Karl Marx
There is no such thing as rational self interest; pure reason leads to the greatest good for the greatest number.

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 pm

4years wrote:
Blakk Metal wrote:Claim

Claim

Claim

Flame?

No proof to be found.

In an atmosphere?

No.
Galileo demonstrated Aristotle's 'common sense' to be just a little bit off on that point, I believe.

as for the society thing you can point to anthropology
I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance. ~Reuben Blades

I got quite annoyed after the Haiti earthquake. A baby was taken from the wreckage and people said it was a miracle. It would have been a miracle had God stopped the earthquake. More wonderful was that a load of evolved monkeys got together to save the life of a child that wasn't theirs. ~Terry Pratchett

Jassysworth 1
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jassysworth 1 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:23 pm

Blakk Metal wrote:
Jassysworth 1 wrote:
No... it is common sense that you can't have large scale stateless, moneyless, and classless societies solving all of the world's major problems.

1) It's impractical to create such societies

Claim
2) It's impossible to sustain such societies on a large scale

Claim
3) Any attempts to create such societies, if taken far enough, will bring chaos, death, and destruction to the world

Claim
4) Only those who are incredibly naive would believe communism is possible.

Flame?

No proof to be found.
4years wrote: :palm:
Where's your proof that acceleration do to gravity varies with mass?
"Common sense"

In an atmosphere?

They have all failed thus far (no large-scale communist societies lasting to the present day) and so common sense is thus far completely backed by the record.

Tell me where is a single instance where communism has worked? It never has worked in the modern age and whenever it has been tried, for whatever reason it has always failed. Until you show me otherwise, I will stick to common sense thank you.

Oh and for the record, you can't control large populations and keep track of everyone and keep things efficiently without a state.Nor can you have high technology.

Economics says you need individualistic incentives with differential rewards to maintain a productive and progressive economy.

Previous

Return to General