NATION

PASSWORD

Second American Civil War

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jewcrew
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jewcrew » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:03 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:
Rednecks are drunks not orks.

Same thing. They can't do without their guns. ('cause we'z da shootiest and killiest!")

I know a lesbian with an IQ of around 150-160 that is rather proud to be a redneck.
Zionism is the only path to peace. Masada will never fall again.

“Nobody does Israel any service by proclaiming its 'right to exist.'

Israel's right to exist, like that of the United States, Saudi Arabia and 152 other states, is axiomatic and unreserved. Israel's legitimacy is not suspended in midair awaiting acknowledgement....

There is certainly no other state, big or small, young or old, that would consider mere recognition of its 'right to exist' a favor, or a negotiable concession.” - former Israeli Foreign Affairs Minister Abba Eben

Everbeek
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Everbeek » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:06 pm

The Joseon Dynasty wrote:I think America would win.

I think you would find everyone would lose.

I know a lesbian with an IQ of around 150-160 that is rather proud to be a redneck.
Internet test IQ? Seems rather high and unspecific to be real.
The Awesomeness Formerly Known As Campinia
Cromarty wrote:Antifa, the Internationale and the Red Fleet are encased in the largest glass house in existence, and they're not throwing stones, they're firing boulders from catapults.

Big Jim P wrote:
Everbeek wrote:I never say "for god's sake", I always say "for fuck's sake", for the rest I don't care much

Fucking created most of us, so fucking IS god.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:07 pm

Jewcrew wrote:I know a lesbian with an IQ of around 150-160 that is rather proud to be a redneck.

Being compared to the Orks isn't that bad. They're funny. :p

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:08 pm

Everbeek wrote:Real Orcz only need some choppaz.

Dese'r Orks, ya runty little wimp! :p

*Orcs are Fantasy. This would be 40,000 Orks.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:09 pm

Trotskylvania wrote:Any second civil war would not be a replay of the first.

Pretty much this. The issues are not the same.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Seperates
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Seperates » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:14 pm

It wouldn't happen. Army is made up of volunteers, who value are taught to country over state.
There wouldn't be a split in the armed forces... and most people are more ready to associate themselves with their country rather than their state.

Times have changed.
This Debate is simply an exercise in Rhetoric. Truth is a fickle being with no intentions of showing itself today.

Non fui, fui, non sum, non curo

"The most important fact about us: that we are greater than the institutions and cultures we build."--Roberto Mangabeira Unger

Jewcrew
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jewcrew » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:16 pm

Everbeek wrote:
The Joseon Dynasty wrote:I think America would win.

I think you would find everyone would lose.

Psychological test IQ, administered by a psychiatrist. The problem is that they don't give you specifics anymore when you get them done. When I got mine, I was told, "well above average to near genius".

Another problem is that your IQ changes every year. Average IQ is 100. So when average intelligence increases, authorities set the average score as 100. A person with average intelligence 100 years ago would have an IQ much lower if he were transported to today, due to the increase in general knowledge.
Zionism is the only path to peace. Masada will never fall again.

“Nobody does Israel any service by proclaiming its 'right to exist.'

Israel's right to exist, like that of the United States, Saudi Arabia and 152 other states, is axiomatic and unreserved. Israel's legitimacy is not suspended in midair awaiting acknowledgement....

There is certainly no other state, big or small, young or old, that would consider mere recognition of its 'right to exist' a favor, or a negotiable concession.” - former Israeli Foreign Affairs Minister Abba Eben

The Joseon Dynasty
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Joseon Dynasty » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:31 pm

Jewcrew wrote:
Everbeek wrote:I think you would find everyone would lose.

Psychological test IQ, administered by a psychiatrist. The problem is that they don't give you specifics anymore when you get them done. When I got mine, I was told, "well above average to near genius".

Which seems to be everyone's IQ test results.
Last edited by The Joseon Dynasty on Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • No, I'm not Korean. I'm British and as white as the Queen's buttocks.
  • Bio: I'm a PhD student in Statistics. Interested in all sorts of things. Currently getting into statistical signal processing for brain imaging. Currently co-authoring a paper on labour market dynamics, hopefully branching off into a test of the Markov property for labour market transition rates.

San-Silvacian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby San-Silvacian » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:37 pm

> Starts thread out about civir war.
>IQ tests.

lolNSG
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░█░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░▀▀▀▄░░░░▐█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░░▀█▄
░░█░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░░▀░░░▐█░░░░░░░░▀░▐▌( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)▐▌░░█▀
░▐▌░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▐▌
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▐█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░▄█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

Shadowlandistan
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowlandistan » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
Shadowlandistan wrote:
We may not be polarized enough to start a physical war, but we have people within the US living COMPLETELY different lifestyles that are not compatable. For instance, how can states like CA, MA, VT, OR, WA, NY co-govern with states like MS, AL, AK, TX, GA etc.

I would like to see these areas able to pursue their political/policy aspirations without nothing being done, since these areas must agree to pass any meaningful legislation. I would hope it could be done without the use of violence.

I think you overestimate the differences between us. Sure you have a few assholes, but there's always been assholes. The 24 hour news day and the internet just make it seem like there are more of them.

I don't believe that for a second. We all can't just get along when there are such serious issues facing us, and so much at stake. One of the sides will lose horribly, and the other will go power hungry. We need to break up to save ourselves.

We are too culturally diverse, it would be like trying to govern Holland & Iran as the same country, it can't be done.
Last edited by Shadowlandistan on Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.54

You are an anarcho-collectivistic.

Cosmopolitan 43%- Nationalistic
Secular 104% -Fundamentalist
Visionary 72%- Reactionary
Anarchistic 76%- Authoritarian
Communistic 34%- Capitalistic
Pacifist 47%- Militaristic
Ecological 16%- Anthropocentric

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:40 pm

Shadowlandistan wrote:Personally, I'd like to see the US break up into different nations. We are SUCH a polarized country I don't see how we can keep going like this.

Been reading the Hunger Games?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Shadowlandistan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowlandistan » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:40 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Shadowlandistan wrote:Personally, I'd like to see the US break up into different nations. We are SUCH a polarized country I don't see how we can keep going like this.

Been reading the Hunger Games?

Nope, just keeping up with policy proposals and cultural differences.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:41 pm

Shadowlandistan wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:
I think you overestimate the differences between us. Sure you have a few assholes, but there's always been assholes. The 24 hour news day and the internet just make it seem like there are more of them.

I don't believe that for a second. We all can't just get along when there are such serious issues facing us, and so much at stake. One of the sides will lose horribly, and the other will go power hungry. We need to break up to save ourselves.

We are too culturally diverse, it would be like trying to govern Holland & Iran as the same country, it can't be done.

Aren't we doing it now? I don't see Americans segregating themselves into little enclaves.
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Shadowlandistan
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowlandistan » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:53 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Shadowlandistan wrote:

Aren't we doing it now? I don't see Americans segregating themselves into little enclaves.

I see a lot of that. It doesn't go along with race/gender, i.e. typical lines of seperation, but ideologically people in the US are very different. It's getting to a point where we can't get anything done because we're too large. Smaller countries are more efficient, and the people in those countries get more of what they want.

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:53 pm

Shadowlandistan wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:

:roll:

You probably haven't left your home state have you?
Go Vikings.
Sunnyvale, straight the fuck up.

Democratic Koyro
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Democratic Koyro » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:56 pm

There will be no such war.
THERMOBARIC THERMITE

Dorifuta
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Dorifuta » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:58 pm

Shadowlandistan wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:

Because issues like gay-marriage have nation shattering stakes :roll:
May the sun be at your back, the salty breeze rise up from below, and the sea's life be plentiful and free.

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:01 pm

Dorifuta wrote:
Shadowlandistan wrote:

Clearly. Gays getting married will result in the total collapse of American civilization and mass rape of apple pie by gay abortion performing bears.
Go Vikings.
Sunnyvale, straight the fuck up.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:30 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
Shadowlandistan wrote:

:roll:

You probably haven't left your home state have you?

Probably hasn't left the county.

Arborlawn
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Arborlawn » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:51 pm

Honestly, a Second American Civil War is going to end up in massive guerrilla warfare between liberals and conservative partisans joining in communion. There will be quarters occupied by either political force, with a few "Independent quarters" who will most likely be extorted by both partisans.

There is not going to be any countries defined along state lines. It is going to be major internal warfare.
Last edited by Arborlawn on Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An eye for an eye and the whole world's blind. That's why you take both eyes and run.

Economically: Left / Right: -10
Socially Libertarian / Authoritarian: -7

Vazeckta
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vazeckta » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:57 pm

Somehow I doubt the old CSA working, considering some of those states are very different from others. And even if all eleven rose up, they'd lose pretty fast. Plus, who would fight for them? All the soldiers stationed there are American, and would face treason if they fought.

If there is another American civil war, it won't be clean cut state lines fighting, it will be neighbors, liberal vs. conservative or something. Guerrilla, very unorganized. Not a split, but a total dissolution. And then of course we are taken by our Chinese overlords.
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 10.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.72
I would probably vote with the American Libertarian Party.
I'm a Christian.
Likes:Capitalism, Classical liberalism, religion, state secularism,gay marriage, charity, God
Dislikes:Left-wing economics, statism, authoritarianism, theocracy, state atheism, social security, welfare, UN, DPRK, PRC
Meh:Teetotalism, pro-choice, EU, legalizing drugs
Blazedtown wrote:
Gladia wrote:I hope you two don't plan on procreating.

Why? A family cross burning is a great bonding activity.

Spritalia
Attaché

Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Spritalia » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:00 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
Dorifuta wrote:

Clearly. Gays getting married will result in the total collapse of American civilization and mass rape of apple pie by gay abortion performing bears.

Jesus will save us.
"To rid the world of the "Stupidity" Virus, one has to rid the world of warning labels and let nature take its hilarious course."

Winland wrote:
The Greater Aryan Race wrote:Trust me, once it starts, it never stops. You'll start regretting you wished for it.

They will be the ones regretting the day they messed with a level 19 Anti-Paladin!

Gay, Partial Democrat, Elder God Lover

Luketopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Luketopia » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:01 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:South: "We’ve got our weapons. Wot ain't we got? We ain’t got anyfing for target practice iz wot! So I'll tell you wot we're gonna do. We’re gonna give da Yankeez a taste of ‘ot metal death is wot. We’s gonna take da boyz wit' da shootas ‘ere an’ we’s gonna stomp Yankee! WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

North: "Soldiers of America! Today, we stand as a bulwark against the selfish, the soulless, and the mad! Today, we must drive back our enemies from our land and from our world! Today, more than ever before, we fight for the Greater Good! And we will triumph!"

You're racial stereotyping of the South is just plain bigotry and sickening.
Luketopian Uniforms - Luketopian Weaponry - Luketopian Droids -
Luketopian Flagships

Holder of Knights Cross, killed a total of 7 aircrafts with zero losses, proceeded to aerially destroy a airfield.

Spritalia
Attaché

Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Spritalia » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:03 pm

Luketopia wrote:
Samuraikoku wrote:South: "We’ve got our weapons. Wot ain't we got? We ain’t got anyfing for target practice iz wot! So I'll tell you wot we're gonna do. We’re gonna give da Yankeez a taste of ‘ot metal death is wot. We’s gonna take da boyz wit' da shootas ‘ere an’ we’s gonna stomp Yankee! WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

North: "Soldiers of America! Today, we stand as a bulwark against the selfish, the soulless, and the mad! Today, we must drive back our enemies from our land and from our world! Today, more than ever before, we fight for the Greater Good! And we will triumph!"

Not to intrude, but I believe this person was providing a "joke", sir.
"To rid the world of the "Stupidity" Virus, one has to rid the world of warning labels and let nature take its hilarious course."

Winland wrote:
The Greater Aryan Race wrote:Trust me, once it starts, it never stops. You'll start regretting you wished for it.

They will be the ones regretting the day they messed with a level 19 Anti-Paladin!

Gay, Partial Democrat, Elder God Lover

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:05 pm

Spritalia wrote:
Luketopia wrote:

Not to intrude, but I believe this person was providing a "joke", sir.

I find it odd, don't you, how little sense of humor some people have.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General