NATION

PASSWORD

Who was worse,Hitler or Stalin?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who was worse,Hitler or Stalin

Hitler
55%
Stalin
45%

Total votes : 328

The glorious Hatsune Miku
Attaché

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The glorious Hatsune Miku » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:13 pm

Stalin. People always forget Mao by the way.
Business, Jobs, Free Market, Growth, Economy, GDP, Wealth AND HATSUNE MIKU! THATS OUR ONLY FOCUS, Capitalism All The Way! All Hail Miku!

meh Continental China and Mongolia are parts of the Republic of China. They are the other 46 Administrative divisions of the ROC. There, I said it. Put this in YOUR signature if you agree. And Senkaku is Japanese.

Hatsunesian Union Military Designation Code: HA. Forces: Hatsune (elite), Hajimete.

Alimprad
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alimprad » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:15 pm

wed to have variety in the world, like north Korea or china today, its good to know not everywhere is a hippy liberal lovefest, so I have no problem with Stalin running his country in a different (cause Im not a liberal) and though Hitler killed people that I dont have any problems with, what he did was remarkable considering it was less than a decade ago.
I know that therell be hordes of liberals who will shout me down for this, go ahead :eyebrow:
_[`]_ Help this fine gentleman gain world domination by putting him in your signiture, screw the bunny!
(-_Q)
the sun may set, but never shall the empire of alimprad

political compass:
left/right:-0.62
authoritarian/libertarian:5.44
Conservative/Neo-conservative:5.74
Cultural liberal/cultural conservative:7.2

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:17 pm

Stalin: 20 mil. dead, could be counted as a genocide.
Hitler: Started WWII the worst war in world history-75 mil. dead, and genocide of the Jews(Who helped him when he was homeless) and other people he didn't like.
This is a hard choice.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:17 pm

Stalin. No one cut his shit short with a world war. Like we should have.

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:40 pm

Both different kinds of evil, almost impossible to compare them actually imo. For the sake of the OP I'll have to go with Hitler.

Tahar Joblis
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tahar Joblis » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:40 pm

Hitler. Killed more people in less time, and had a greater share of responsibility for the system he created.

Stalin just picked up the reins of power when Lenin let them drop. He was neither the first nor the last leader of the USSR, and while he was particularly harsh, his approach was not novel; the Bolshevik Party was bloody-minded from the start. Traveling back in time to assassinate him before he seized power would probably not have prevented more than a modest percentage of the deaths he caused.

Pick off Hitler, and the chain of events surrounding him collapses like a bad house of cards. The Nazis came to power in very chancy circumstances. Nationalists seizing power successfully was a relatively unlikely event in the first place; that a replacement nationalist leader would also have Hitler's particular genocidal bent and mania for conquest is not a given. He was the singular charismatic leader of the Nazi Party, and it was entirely his creature.
Last edited by Tahar Joblis on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperiya
Envoy

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperiya » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:47 pm

Oh, both so horrible.

I'm going to say Stalin simply because he had more time to do more damage. He had been in power for some twenty years prior to the Second World War, and would continue on for slightly less than another decade compared to Hitler's twelve years in power.
Factbook
Embassy Program

Avenio wrote:Oh no! You've uncovered our secret ambition to control the world and twirl our moustaches evilly! Quick, left-wing hivemind, to the underground lair, before the God-fearing, honest conservative American patriots righteously strike us down and institute an apple pie-and-baseball-scented utopia!

Murikkuh
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Murikkuh » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:51 pm

I can't believe my ears when I hear people whining about the Jews and condemning Hitler whilst at the same time describing Stalin as the "Liberator of Europe".

Stalin&Co. were by far the biggest killers,some estimates going as high as 60 million people. The propaganda needs to stop and people need to face reality.

EDIT: Not to mention how the USSR raped and degraded half of Europe for half a century with its' communist sockpuppets.
Last edited by Murikkuh on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:54 pm

The glorious Hatsune Miku wrote:Stalin. People always forget Mao by the way.
(Image)

Is there an actual source for Stalin killing 35 million? Oh right, it's Rex Curry, nevermind. He also forgot to count the WWII deaths caused by Hitler, but can't really blame someone quite so biased.

Hathradic States wrote:Stalin. No one cut his shit short with a world war. Like we should have.

No, it wouldn't have worked out. Not one bit. It would've just caused more death and destruction, and you don't want that.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

The Revolutionary Fighters of Intel
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Revolutionary Fighters of Intel » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:54 pm

During WWII when the German army and the Russian army were in direct conflict with each other would the deaths be put on Stalin's head or Hitler's head.
"War, War Never Changes.
"Vi veri universum vivus vici"

Murikkuh
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Murikkuh » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:55 pm

Shofercia wrote:
(Image)

Is there an actual source for Stalin killing 35 million? Oh right, it's Rex Curry, nevermind. He also forgot to count the WWII deaths caused by Hitler, but can't really blame someone quite so biased.

Hathradic States wrote:Stalin. No one cut his shit short with a world war. Like we should have.

No, it wouldn't have worked out. Not one bit. It would've just caused more death and destruction, and you don't want that.

Biased? Nice flag.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:55 pm

Murikkuh wrote:The propaganda needs to stop and people need to face reality.

Indeed, I'm sick and tired of bullshit and idiotic propaganda, it needs to stop!

Murikkuh wrote:Stalin&Co. were by far the biggest killers,some estimates going as high as 60 million people.

You need to stop that propaganda! Now!
Last edited by Shofercia on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:56 pm

Murikkuh wrote:
Shofercia wrote:

Biased? Nice flag.

Asking for a source, or pointing out that invading Russia will be bad, is being biased? Damn, summer's starting early.

Yeah, I agree, it's a very nice flag :D

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:58 pm

The Revolutionary Fighters of Intel wrote:During WWII when the German army and the Russian army were in direct conflict with each other would the deaths be put on Stalin's head or Hitler's head.

No. You see, Hilter started WWII. Stalin was acting in self-defense after 1941, which is what we'd expect normal leaders to do. So WWII deaths are on Hitler's shoulders, not Stalin's.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:58 pm

The Revolutionary Fighters of Intel wrote:During WWII when the German army and the Russian army were in direct conflict with each other would the deaths be put on Stalin's head or Hitler's head.

Hitler, considering he started it.

Communist Lebanon (Ancient)
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Communist Lebanon (Ancient) » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:02 am

I say Hitler, I am a Stalinist.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:05 am

Communist Lebanon wrote:I say Hitler, I am a Stalinist.

Being much better than Hitler is hardly a criteria for good leadership. Most leaders... no wait, almost all leaders meet that criteria. Only one who doesn't was named Adolf, and he was in charge of that one place called Nazi Germany.

Murikkuh
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Murikkuh » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:05 am

Shofercia wrote:

No. You see, Hilter started WWII. Stalin was acting in self-defense after 1941, which is what we'd expect normal leaders to do. So WWII deaths are on Hitler's shoulders, not Stalin's.

:rofl: Self-defense,you're a funny lad aren't you. So putting in place communist sockpuppet states and thus raping and degrading half of Europe for half a century was also in self-defense? Murdering 1-7 million Ukrainians by starving them to death was also in self-defense? Labor camps and political crimes were also in self-defense?

Take off your bias goggles.

Lucius Valentine
Envoy

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lucius Valentine » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:09 am

I hate them both, but I chose Stalin simply because of body count.

(Image)

Don't use Rex Curry for information. Ever.
The objectively wrong opinions, stupidity, and/or degeneracy expressed in the previous posts of this special person trying too hard to fit into this place are no longer (if ever) held in the slightest and would be better off burned in righteous flames and doused in holy water, along with this website as a whole.

The Democratic Republic of Davida
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Republic of Davida » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:11 am

As I understood it, Stalin could be considered of being guilty of roughly the same nmber of deaths as Hitler. He had however a longer time in which he could do that harm.

Also, to not see the difference in the USSR during Stalin's reign opposed to before and after means you don't understand Soviet history.

Stalin was bad, hmkay?

However...

He prooved himself to be the more effective leader in the end. He didn't start WW2. (Some military geeks probably won't see this as a pro) and he was the biggest factor in defeating Hitler of all the allies. He showed cowerdness but not the Hitler level of insanity. And under his rule the USSR got the atomic bomb which was a good thing otherwise Eisenhower would have droped a few A bombs on Korea, China and the USSR.

Hitler was worse. He didn't do any good except for building highways and things like that.
Last edited by The Democratic Republic of Davida on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:11 am

Murikkuh wrote:
Shofercia wrote:

:rofl: Self-defense,you're a funny lad aren't you. So putting in place communist sockpuppet states and thus raping and degrading half of Europe for half a century was also in self-defense? Murdering 1-7 million Ukrainians by starving them to death was also in self-defense? Labor camps and political crimes were also in self-defense?

Take off your bias goggles.

Erm, you were talking about WWII. I pointed out that WWII was actually started by Hitler, not Stalin. Realizing that your bullshit was pwnd harder than Nazi scum charging Pavlov's House, you proceeded to pretend like you never mentioned WWII in the first place. Self-defense was addressing WWII. It wasn't addressing post-WWII Europe, since that actually took place after WWII. It wasn't addressing pre-WWII Collectivization either, since that actually took place before WWII. So before you go around accusing others of bias, why don't you learn to comprehend what a timeline is, because thus far, you're failing at that as well. Speaking of failing, that's what Nazis did at Moscow, Leningrad, Stalingrad, Kursk, Berlin, and many, many other battles, where they proved to be the inferior troops. Failing's bad, and at least, Stalin didn't get all of his country wrecked, and partitioned, because he started a war that his inferior troops couldn't handle.

Narland
Minister

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Anarchy

How about Mao?

Postby Narland » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:11 am

As far as overall effect. Mao has the worst body count. History books vary as to Stalin and Hitler. Pol Pot is probably at the top with Hitler for quick psychotic devastation.
Last edited by Narland on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:13 am

Murikkuh wrote:Self-defense,you're a funny lad aren't you.
Well, Hitler invaded the USSR. Not the other way around.
Murikkuh wrote:So putting in place communist sockpuppet states and thus raping and degrading half of Europe for half a century was also in self-defense?
Against the West yes. And while lots of rapes were committed in the winding down period of WWII by the 50's and onward I highly doubt it was Soviet policy to rape people.
Murikkuh wrote:Murdering 1-7 million Ukrainians by starving them to death was also in self-defense?
Has nothing to do with Shof stating a historical fact that the USSR was defending itself from the Nazis...
Murikkuh wrote:Labor camps and political crimes were also in self-defense?
Once again, you're detracting from 1941-1945 when the USSR was defending itself from Nazi Germany.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:13 am

Lucius Valentine wrote:I hate them both, but I chose Stalin simply because of body count.

(Image)

Don't use Rex Curry for information. Ever.

Narland wrote:As far as overall effect. Mao has the worst body count, then Stalin, then Hitler. As for quick brutality, Pol Pot is probably at the top, then probably Hitler.

If you're counting Stalin's and Mao's famine deaths, why aren't you counting Hitler's WWII civilian deaths? Is there a real difference between someone dying of starvation in Leningrad, as opposed to in Southern Russia or Northern China? Didn't think so.
Last edited by Shofercia on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:17 am

Napkiraly wrote:
Murikkuh wrote:Self-defense,you're a funny lad aren't you.
Well, Hitler invaded the USSR. Not the other way around.
Murikkuh wrote:So putting in place communist sockpuppet states and thus raping and degrading half of Europe for half a century was also in self-defense?
Against the West yes. And while lots of rapes were committed in the winding down period of WWII by the 50's and onward I highly doubt it was Soviet policy to rape people.
Murikkuh wrote:Murdering 1-7 million Ukrainians by starving them to death was also in self-defense?
Has nothing to do with Shof stating a historical fact that the USSR was defending itself from the Nazis...
Murikkuh wrote:Labor camps and political crimes were also in self-defense?
Once again, you're detracting from 1941-1945 when the USSR was defending itself from Nazi Germany.

Thank you!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General