NATION

PASSWORD

Who was worse,Hitler or Stalin?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Who was worse,Hitler or Stalin

Hitler
55%
Stalin
45%

Total votes : 328

The De Danann Nation
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Who was worse,Hitler or Stalin?

Postby The De Danann Nation » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:20 pm

In my opinion,Stalin was way worse.He starved his own people to death and his police forces would interrogate people for not looking like they were starving to death.
De Dana is an island nation off the coast of Asia settled by Celts around 100 B.C. and containing a mix of Eurasian culture.

North Franklin
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby North Franklin » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:22 pm

Stalin never tried to exterminate an entire race.
WWFSMD?
The House of Petain wrote:
Souseiseki wrote:ban the firearms. all the firearms. - barack obama

Ah yes, I recall that speech. He then snorted some coke and said death to all the white people, while confessing how he was born in the sewers of Bangladesh and was a Buddhist hitman before becoming senator.

Ozerostan
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ozerostan » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:26 pm

The De Danann Nation wrote:In my opinion,Stalin was way worse.He starved his own people to death and his police forces would interrogate people for not looking like they were starving to death.

I am not a Stalin fan, in fact I opose his style o ruling, but are you sure that he was worse? Your first argument is not fully corect, and your second argument is bullshit. Here are my two arguments - Hitler ordered genocide of people just because of their religion and nationality and start second world war.
I'm sorry for my horrible english grammar, I'm still learning. From this reason I use sometime translator, or just write something nonsense.

Trotskylvania
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskylvania » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:27 pm

Are you fucking kidding me?

Stalin is the banal kind of evil that relies upon pragmatic villainy and the-ends-justify-the-means types of rationalizations. Hitler and the Nazis were absolutely irrational, blood for the blood god evil. They're psychotic manchildren who elevated violence to a moral principle and were hellbent on turning the entirety of the world into rubble so they could live out their own version of Wagner's Ring Cycle all the way to the bloody Götterdämmerung.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Ultra - The Left Wing of the Impossible
Putting the '-sadism' in Posadism

"The hell of capitalism is the firm, not the fact that the firm has a boss."- Bordiga

The De Danann Nation
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The De Danann Nation » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:27 pm

North Franklin wrote:Stalin never tried to exterminate an entire race.

However,Hitler never starved his own citizens to death or send his own soldiers to death camps in fear that they'd picked up "dangerous ideas."
De Dana is an island nation off the coast of Asia settled by Celts around 100 B.C. and containing a mix of Eurasian culture.

Trotskylvania
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskylvania » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:28 pm

The De Danann Nation wrote:

However,Hitler never starved his own citizens to death or send his own soldiers to death camps in fear that they'd picked up "dangerous ideas."

Over a million German citizens died in the death camps, often of starvation. Hitler also subjected the entirety of the Slavic peopled areas of Eastern europe to starvation conditions, and fully intended to murder them all in the fullness of time.

"The hell of capitalism is the firm, not the fact that the firm has a boss."- Bordiga

Typhlochactas
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Typhlochactas » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:30 pm

Hitler because his actions killed more people.

The Russian Royal Orthodox League
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Russian Royal Orthodox League » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:30 pm

Statistically, Stalin had more blood on his hands. He did try to eradicate Jews, as well as fascists, gypsies and anyone else who opposed his ideas. It took Nikita Khruschev, several years after Stalins death, to start getting over the fear he created. The only reason Hitler is considered worse is because he was our enemy in WW2 and Stalin was not.

North Franklin
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby North Franklin » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:31 pm

The De Danann Nation wrote:

I do believe that the Jews in labor and death camps were indeed German citizens. And yes, Stalin did kill a significant number of people, but it was nowhere near the efficiency or intent of Hitler and Himmler. I think Stalin was a very evil person, I just don't believe he was worse than Hitler.
WWFSMD?
The House of Petain wrote:
Souseiseki wrote:ban the firearms. all the firearms. - barack obama

Ah yes, I recall that speech. He then snorted some coke and said death to all the white people, while confessing how he was born in the sewers of Bangladesh and was a Buddhist hitman before becoming senator.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:31 pm

-nah-
Last edited by Ganos Lao on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Typhlochactas
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Typhlochactas » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:31 pm

The Russian Royal Orthodox League wrote:Statistically, Stalin had more blood on his hands. He did try to eradicate Jews, as well as fascists, gypsies and anyone else who opposed his ideas. It took Nikita Khruschev, several years after Stalins death, to start getting over the fear he created. The only reason Hitler is considered worse is because he was our enemy in WW2 and Stalin was not.

Don't forget WW2. Combine that with the holocaust and he's killed more people than Stalin.

Quebec and Atlantic Canada
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Quebec and Atlantic Canada » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:33 pm

You can't measure someone's evil by body count alone. You need to look at the reasons for that body count too. This is why I consider Hitler to be far worse than Stalin- because, unlike Stalin, who created his body count through paranoia, Hitler knowingly and deliberately made it his goal to exterminate an entire race simply for existing. In essence, even if a hypothetical Jew followed every single law of Nazi Germany to the letter, singing Hitler's praises 20 times a day, gleefully hunting down anti-Nazis with a bloodthirstiness that would scare the Gestapo, etc etc, he would still get thrown in a concentration camp just because he was Jewish. Obviously this hypothetical Jew never existed, but in any case, he certainly would have survived in Stalin's USSR if he was a model Stalinist, singing Stalin's praises 20 times a day, and gleefully hunting down anti-Stalinists with a bloodthirstiness that would scare the NKVD.

Grand Soviet Union
Minister

Founded: Apr 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Soviet Union » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:34 pm

in the end hitler he would have killed any one who wasn't aryan. He had plans to kill the slavs after invading Russia. Stalin though he did kill a lot of people he wouldn't exterminate a race and a good portion of the deaths came during ww2 when he had the civilians in the line of fire,
Map of GSU All of ISSU
embassy program

political compass economical -6.62 social -1.69
Proud Russian!!
Proud Jew!!
I am more of an intellectual Jew than a religious one
Pro LGBT, same sex marriage pro abortion, pro Israel (most of the time...)

funnyquotes:
"Yup. Anyhow, I got to napalm terrorist in Lebanon." - Treko
"I like how Jęk just like "we all need to work together" but Alexi is like "fuck you! You fucking Nazis!"" - Sedikal

Idealismania
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Idealismania » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:35 pm

It's a tie. They both fail as human beings.

The Grand Republic of Hannover
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grand Republic of Hannover » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:36 pm

I think that's up to the person's opinion...
NSG - Independent. Senator Daniel Krumholz
1870 Real-World RP - Colombia
2014 RP - Colombia
Marsisian Communist Revolution - Hannover
1913 RP - Great Britain

You may also contact me at Here

Trotskylvania
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskylvania » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:36 pm

The Russian Royal Orthodox League wrote:Statistically, Stalin had more blood on his hands.1 He did try to eradicate Jews,2 as well as fascists, gypsies3 and anyone else who opposed his ideas.4 It took Nikita Khruschev, several years after Stalins death, to start getting over the fear he created. The only reason Hitler is considered worse is because he was our enemy in WW2 and Stalin was not.

1. False, considering Hitler is directly responsible for the deaths of twelve million in the holocaust, as well as another thirty million on the Eastern Front alone. Even counting deaths from famine to Stalin's count, Stalin can't break twenty million by modern reputable sources, and he had a lot longer to do it in.
2. No, he did not. The worst he got before he died was some anti-Semetic scaremongering among the intellectuals. There was no extermination campaign.
3. Again, false. Gypsies suffered under Stalin not because of their race, but because of their position as rootless petit-bourgeois. They were proletarianized just the same as wealthy peasants were, and it had nothing to do with race.
4. In general, yes. But the worst hat most people got was a long term of hard labor. Conditions in the GULAG system were terrible, but the death rates peaked at 25 percent during the Second World War, during a period in which the entire country was slowly starving to death. It was brutal and horrible, but hardly on the same scale as Hitler.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:37 pm

My 3rd grade teacher.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

The Nemedians
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nemedians » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:37 pm

Quebec and Atlantic Canada wrote:You can't measure someone's evil by body count alone. You need to look at the reasons for that body count too. This is why I consider Hitler to be far worse than Stalin- because, unlike Stalin, who created his body count through paranoia, Hitler knowingly and deliberately made it his goal to exterminate an entire race simply for existing. In essence, even if a hypothetical Jew followed every single law of Nazi Germany to the letter, singing Hitler's praises 20 times a day, gleefully hunting down anti-Nazis with a bloodthirstiness that would scare the Gestapo, etc etc, he would still get thrown in a concentration camp just because he was Jewish. Obviously this hypothetical Jew never existed, but in any case, he certainly would have survived in Stalin's USSR if he was a model Stalinist, singing Stalin's praises 20 times a day, and gleefully hunting down anti-Stalinists with a bloodthirstiness that would scare the NKVD.

Actually,he'd probably end up shot.Stalin was VERY paranoid.Even the Communist Party wasn't safe from his paranoia.Really,it seems ironic that Hitler is looked at in bad light but Stalin isn't.Maybe it's because Stalin fought on our side...we should've destroyed that bastard.

Nusantara Raya
Attaché

Founded: Aug 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nusantara Raya » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:38 pm

Franklin Rooselvelt! :p
I might choose Stalin is worse than Hitler, because Hitler treated well Aryan, but Stalin treated equal (in other word, All Suffers) to all people, except inner member of Communist Party.
Hitler: "JEWISH, GO TO AUSTHWICZ OR YOU'LL BE FORCED! Aryans, go to home, enjoy your day as supreme race."
Stalin: "ALL OF YOU, GO TO GULAGS OR YOU'LL BE SHOT! Inner member of Communist Party, you can taxes as much as you want."
Refounded! Many changes!

Zipzopzoobitybop
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zipzopzoobitybop » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:38 pm

Stalin, hands down. He was the most prolific mass murderer of all-time, personally instituting policies that killed more than 30 million people. There really isn't any competition, though I will admit that Hitler was the more psychotic of the two, and would have been worse than Stalin had his grand plans come to fruition.
The Conjoined Onomatopoeia of Zipzopzoobitybop
"Kids, listen to the rap music"

Capital: Jell-O Pudding
Currency: Kookookachoo
Leader: Bill Cosby
National animal: Pokemon
National religion: New Coke

Economic Left/Right: -0.12
Social Authoritarian/Libertarian: -1.69

Self-identified social liberal
Fiscally centrist, culturally center-left
/pol/itician

Eurotart
Secretary

Founded: Aug 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Eurotart » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:39 pm

There is no definite worse, the two are incomparable.

Both slaughtered countless people, and both were awful.

But, I'd have to say hitler was a worse person. Only cause I'm Jewish :P

The Murray Dynasty
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murray Dynasty » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:39 pm

Answer; Stalin,

Reason;

20+ million casualties in WWII,

Explanation;

Code 227, Not one step backwards.

Summary;

Hitler was never insane to enforce a retreating clause on his own men. He did try to kill Jews, and several other types, but he is just a mere stain on the large carpet of genocidal leaders.

Stalin left a river, hitler left a stain
Defcon:
[5]

Factbook and Map (Work in progress)=
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=206083

Luw
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Luw » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:40 pm

Idealismania wrote:It's a tie. They both fail as human beings.

Well, human beings are inclined to do such things so I wouldn't say they failed completely. Human beings resort to violence as an answer no matter how "civilized" you think we may be.

Stalin killed more people but they were his own people. Hitler invaded other countries in Europe and deemed other races inferior to Aryans. Depends on whether your looking at quantity or "quality".
Peace through order |☆|

Trotskylvania
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskylvania » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:40 pm

The Nemedians wrote:
Quebec and Atlantic Canada wrote:You can't measure someone's evil by body count alone. You need to look at the reasons for that body count too. This is why I consider Hitler to be far worse than Stalin- because, unlike Stalin, who created his body count through paranoia, Hitler knowingly and deliberately made it his goal to exterminate an entire race simply for existing. In essence, even if a hypothetical Jew followed every single law of Nazi Germany to the letter, singing Hitler's praises 20 times a day, gleefully hunting down anti-Nazis with a bloodthirstiness that would scare the Gestapo, etc etc, he would still get thrown in a concentration camp just because he was Jewish. Obviously this hypothetical Jew never existed, but in any case, he certainly would have survived in Stalin's USSR if he was a model Stalinist, singing Stalin's praises 20 times a day, and gleefully hunting down anti-Stalinists with a bloodthirstiness that would scare the NKVD.

Actually,he'd probably end up shot.Stalin was VERY paranoid.Even the Communist Party wasn't safe from his paranoia.Really,it seems ironic that Hitler is looked at in bad light but Stalin isn't.Maybe it's because Stalin fought on our side...we should've destroyed that bastard.

Actually, your life expectancy was inversely proportional to how powerful you were. Ordinary people got a few years hard labor in re-education camps for certain crimes, and were often pardoned if they had anything in the way of skills. Low level party members and government bureaucrats were subject to continued ideological scrutiny, and could lose their lives if they fucked up badly. Military officers and mid-level apparatchiks were heavily ideologically policed, and where often killed on the paranoid whims of the NKVD. And if you were a leader in the party, especially an old Bolshevik, or anyone connected to Trotsky in the military, trade unions or the party, you were a dead man walking.

Numuria
Envoy

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Numuria » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:41 pm

:clap:
Imperial Embassy Program: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=167091
Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=167567

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General