NATION

PASSWORD

Kill the women first.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

An archy
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 20, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby An archy » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:21 pm

The claim that women have less muscular power shouldn't have any sway as long as the strength requirements are the same. If most women do have less muscular power, then most women won't be able to make it into the combat divisions. Problem solved.
Tunizcha wrote:I'm talking about an all out war against elves and Czardas is wondering what font the ad used. This topic is quite solid, don't you think?

Unchecked Expansion
Negotiator

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unchecked Expansion » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:21 pm

Mackedamia wrote:
Unchecked Expansion wrote:
BladeSlayer Land wrote:The problem with women on the front lines is their lack of strength. Women are 70% weaker than men in upper body strength and 33% weaker than men in lower body strength.

I assume those are statistical averages? So would you be opposed to a woman who could pass the standards for men's strength being in the armed forces?
Besides, how important is strength in the modern soldier? Endurance and athletic ability are important, but since we use guns killing power is not based on strength. I know there's a lot of gear to carry, but how about women armour crewmen?

You can tell these(those who question this statistic) are either women them selfs or really love women. The truth is that in the army, statistics are life and if a country attacks the U.S. women would get in the way, I say let the men fight and women hold the home front, why not military police?

So I call your statistics all BS and you just call me a girl?
If statistics are life and death in the army, then try this one - EVEN IF (hypothetical) 90% of women are always weaker than men, then, STATISTICALLY, 10% are going to be as strong or stronger. Ball's in your court

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:21 pm

Justice for Mankind wrote:Do you think women are physically equal to men?

Many are.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:21 pm

Equal? Sure. The same? No.
I identify as
a problem

The Tofu Islands
Minister

Founded: Mar 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tofu Islands » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:21 pm

Some aren't, some are.

Do you think that women who are as physically able as male soldiers should not be allowed to be in the military?
In its majestic equality, the law forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets and steal loaves of bread.

Gimmadonis
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Gimmadonis » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:22 pm

Justice for Mankind wrote:
Gimmadonis wrote:
Gimmadonis wrote:
BladeSlayer Land wrote:The problem with women on the front lines is their lack of strength. Women are 70% weaker than men in upper body strength and 33% weaker than men in lower body strength.

I assume those are statistical averages? So would you be opposed to a woman who could pass the standards for men's strength being in the armed forces?
Besides, how important is strength in the modern soldier? Endurance and athletic ability are important, but since we use guns killing power is not based on strength. I know there's a lot of gear to carry, but how about women armour crewmen?

US soldier in full kit carries 90 lbs. in full kit. That's 30lbs. more than most medieval armor.

That's not that much. Hell, my mom lifted me when I was 110 pounds (before she broke her back, anyways), and she sure as hell wasn't in the military.

Good, now have your mom carry you while jogging or at march through miles of 100 degree Fahrenheit and being shot at for several hours.

That's where the whole "military training" thing comes in. Which my mother did not have.

Do you think women are physically equal to men?

Perhaps not, but the difference is SO minute, it probably doesn't matter in most situations anyways.
Muravyets wrote:Your argument is like the Eiffel Tower sculpted out of bullshit.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:22 pm

An archy wrote:The claim that women have less muscular power shouldn't have any sway as long as the strength requirements are the same. If most women do have less muscular power, then most women won't be able to make it into the combat divisions. Problem solved.

Prettymuch the way I see it, they should have all the same requirements, and any who pass it get through...

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:22 pm

An archy wrote:The claim that women have less muscular power shouldn't have any sway as long as the strength requirements are the same. If most women do have less muscular power, then most women won't be able to make it into the combat divisions. Problem solved.

Warfare is basically guns and technology in the modern era. The idea that bulk of muscle-mass is the most important concern... is frankly laughable.
I identify as
a problem

The Rifle Brigade
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rifle Brigade » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:22 pm

BladeSlayer Land wrote:Women are physically weaker and have a significantly lower pain tolerance than men, it's a much bigger problem than "squatting to piss".

The "physically weaker" bit has been addressed and refuted. As to "lower pain tolerance", you should broaden your own reading on the subject.
I'll trade a woman's sense of equality for safety. -Bladeslayer

I'm just saying if the only change you can point to is the change that was made, then it would appear it didn't really change all that much, did it? -Hiddenrun

I rarely, if ever, argue on a factual basis; my arguments are based on logic, or should be ignored. -Kashindahar

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:23 pm

Of course they are.
"I hate you! I HATE you collectivist society. You can't tell me what to do, you're not my REAL legitimate government. As soon as my band takes off, and I invent a perpetual motion machine, I am SO out of here!" - Neo Art

"But please, explain how a condom breaking is TOTALLY different from a tire getting blown out. I mean, in one case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own, and in the other case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own." - The Norwegian Blue

Gimmadonis
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gimmadonis » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:23 pm

Muravyets wrote:Your argument is like the Eiffel Tower sculpted out of bullshit.

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:24 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:

Equal? Sure. The same? No.

This, exactly.
"I hate you! I HATE you collectivist society. You can't tell me what to do, you're not my REAL legitimate government. As soon as my band takes off, and I invent a perpetual motion machine, I am SO out of here!" - Neo Art

"But please, explain how a condom breaking is TOTALLY different from a tire getting blown out. I mean, in one case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own, and in the other case, a piece of rubber you're relying on to remain intact so that your risk of negative consequences won't significantly increase breaks through no inherent fault of your own." - The Norwegian Blue

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:24 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:

Warfare is basically guns and technology in the modern era. The idea that bulk of muscle-mass is the most important concern... is frankly laughable.

Its not the most important concern, but, as long as it is a concern, as it obviously is or there wouldnt be a requirement for it at all, then there should be an equal footing and everyone who passes should get in, regardless...

HairyHares
Envoy

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby HairyHares » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:27 pm

Lacadaemon wrote:It's fine for the pongos I suppose. But nobody has yet refuted the results of a Royal Navy inquiry in 1872 that scientifically proved what people had long suspected: women are bad luck at sea.

So I would object to their presence in Her Majesty's Senior Service.

How exactly to you prove any thing is bad luck . Sounds very useful if you can do it

The Aeson
Attaché

Founded: Dec 12, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Aeson » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:27 pm

New Nicksyllvania, you can, of course, source your claim that it has been 'proven' that armed forces 'fight harder and [are] less likely to surrender' when facing females.
Slanderous Whoree (SIC)

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:27 pm

New Nicksyllvania wrote:
There are numerous problems besides simple physical differances, where the average man is much more physically fit then the average woman. Averages are important here as modern warfare are about mass manpower.

If this is true, then having the same requirements would mean that the averages work themselves out, no?

An archy
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 20, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby An archy » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Mackedamia wrote:

You can tell these(those who question this statistic) are either women them selfs or really love women. The truth is that in the army, statistics are life and if a country attacks the U.S. women would get in the way, I say let the men fight and women hold the home front, why not military police?

Explain what is wrong with being a woman or really loving women?
Or were you trying to win the prize for most misogynistic response?
Tunizcha wrote:I'm talking about an all out war against elves and Czardas is wondering what font the ad used. This topic is quite solid, don't you think?

Gimmadonis
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gimmadonis » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:28 pm

New Nicksyllvania wrote:Any nation that allowed women into frontline duty en masse, have proceded to overturn the idea quickly. Russia and Israel have barred women from frontline service, despite conscripting them to military service.

There are numerous problems besides simple physical differances, where the average man is much more physically fit then the average woman. Averages are important here as modern warfare are about mass manpower.

Those whom think strength has no baring in the modern military are thus uneducated about the modern military. Infantry carry around more shit then ever, and firearms require a certain amount of strength and weight in order to shoot due to things called recoil.

Women on the battlefield make men do irrational things, as it is simple male instinct to protect women, moreso then men. This is not solved by segregation, as no battlefield is segregated as it is between a multitude of divisions, and eliminating men from the military means that the average soldier is much weaker due to physical differances between a man and woman.

Also, it has been proven in Israel that women in the frontline make the ENEMY fight harder and less likely to surrender. No male soldier will allow himself to be beaten by a female combat brigade, he will never live it down.

Hence why the Russian experiment into female frontline soldiers were focused on shaming the men in the frontlines by having women charge in front of them.

In any case, there is no valid reason to include women in the frontlines besides the asinine reason for equality. Moreover, when the war is over, we will need as many women as possible to repopulate the nation. Men don't give birth, women do. That is why Nature made men stronger and hardier, as men are the expendable gender.

You seem to forget the factthat most modern countries *coughthataren'tdirtycommiescough* have less than 1% of their population in military service at any given time. Repopulation won't even freaking MATTER, even if by chance 1% of ALL women died.

Ryadn
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ryadn » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:28 pm

New Nicksyllvania wrote:In any case, there is no valid reason to include women in the frontlines besides the asinine reason for equality. Moreover, when the war is over, we will need as many women as possible to repopulate the nation. Men don't give birth, women do. That is why Nature made men stronger and hardier, as men are the expendable gender.

The first part of that sentence directly contradicts the second.

Lucky Bicycle Works
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lucky Bicycle Works » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:29 pm

I follow the OP's reasoning. A woman who can put up with pee on the toilet seat, the grunting and humping motions of sleeping men, and is willing to take the risk of being accidentally shot by male comrades for not putting out, has more than enough balls to serve in combat.

Furthermore, women make the best prisoners of war. If things get tough and the unit is captured, the well-known preference of ragheads for pussy protects at least some of the men from behaviour contrary to the Geneva Convention. With a bit of luck they may even escape to carry on the fight, while their female comrades distract the guards!

Satire, folks, satire. "No man left behind" means "no woman left behind" too.
Lucky Bicycle Works, previously BunnySaurus Bugsii.
"My town is a teacher.
Oh, trucks and beers and memories
All spread out on the road.
Oh, my town is a leader of children,
To where Caution
Is a Long Wide Load"

-- Mark Seymour

Aelosia
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelosia » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:31 pm

New Nicksyllvania wrote:Those whom think strength has no baring in the modern military are thus uneducated about the modern military. Infantry carry around more shit then ever, and firearms require a certain amount of strength and weight in order to shoot due to things called recoil.

While I give you something with the weight department... Forget about the second. I have fired several firearms, and I have been able to handle recoil. You look like the one uneducated about infantry.

Of course not. We are superior.

New Nicksyllvania wrote:Women on the battlefield make men do irrational things, as it is simple male instinct to protect women, moreso then men. This is not solved by segregation, as no battlefield is segregated as it is between a multitude of divisions, and eliminating men from the military means that the average soldier is much weaker due to physical differances between a man and woman.

Is that a women's problem or a men's problem?

New Nicksyllvania wrote:Also, it has been proven in Israel that women in the frontline make the ENEMY fight harder and less likely to surrender. No male soldier will allow himself to be beaten by a female combat brigade, he will never live it down.

More likely, they will do stupid mistakes based on that fact.

Again, wars are not fought with flails and hammers and pointy things anymore.

Hence why the Russian experiment into female frontline soldiers were focused on shaming the men in the frontlines by having women charge in front of them.

New Nicksyllvania wrote:In any case, there is no valid reason to include women in the frontlines besides the asinine reason for equality. Moreover, when the war is over, we will need as many women as possible to repopulate the nation. Men don't give birth, women do. That is why Nature made men stronger and hardier, as men are the expendable gender.

50% of the population wasted in a state of total war looks like a hell of a difference.
My ratings in the top 100:
Aelosia is ranked 12th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates
Aelosia is ranked 12th in the world for Largest Defense Forces
Aelosia is ranked 13th in the world for Most Scientifically Advanced
Aelosia is ranked 20th in the world for Most Cultured
Aelosia is ranked 24th in the world for Most Subsidized Industry
Aelosia is ranked 25th in the world for Fastest-Growing Economies
Aelosia is ranked 38th in the world for Largest Public Transport Department
Aelosia is ranked 42th in the world for Largest Publishing Industry
Aelosia is ranked 51th in the world for Largest Information Technology Sector
Aelosia is ranked 61th in the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector

Factbook so far.

Justice for Mankind
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Justice for Mankind » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:31 pm

The Tofu Islands wrote:

Some aren't, some are.

Do you think that women who are as physically able as male soldiers should not be allowed to be in the military?

Yes

The Rifle Brigade
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rifle Brigade » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:31 pm

New Nicksyllvania wrote:Any nation that allowed women into frontline duty en masse, have proceded to overturn the idea quickly. Russia and Israel have barred women from frontline service, despite conscripting them to military service.

Those whom think strength has no baring in the modern military are thus uneducated about the modern military. Infantry carry around more shit then ever, and firearms require a certain amount of strength and weight in order to shoot due to things called recoil.

Women on the battlefield make men do irrational things, as it is simple male instinct to protect women, moreso then men. This is not solved by segregation, as no battlefield is segregated as it is between a multitude of divisions, and eliminating men from the military means that the average soldier is much weaker due to physical differances between a man and woman.

Also, it has been proven in Israel that women in the frontline make the ENEMY fight harder and less likely to surrender. No male soldier will allow himself to be beaten by a female combat brigade, he will never live it down.

In any case, there is no valid reason to include women in the frontlines besides the asinine reason for equality. Moreover, when the war is over, we will need as many women as possible to repopulate the nation. Men don't give birth, women do. That is why Nature made men stronger and hardier, as men are the expendable gender.

We'll hardly be fielding enough women to lower the birthrate, lad, and if it got to the point where we needed that many soldiers, we'd need everybody.

And if your motivation to win would be greater to avoid being "beaten by a girl" than it would be simply for survival, duty, and devotion to your side, then you have a problem that perhaps not all men have.
I'll trade a woman's sense of equality for safety. -Bladeslayer

I'm just saying if the only change you can point to is the change that was made, then it would appear it didn't really change all that much, did it? -Hiddenrun

I rarely, if ever, argue on a factual basis; my arguments are based on logic, or should be ignored. -Kashindahar

Aelosia
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Aelosia » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:32 pm

Lucky Bicycle Works wrote:I follow the OP's reasoning. A woman who can put up with pee on the toilet seat, the grunting and humping motions of sleeping men, and is willing to take the risk of being accidentally shot by male comrades for not putting out, has more than enough balls to serve in combat.

Furthermore, women make the best prisoners of war. If things get tough and the unit is captured, the well-known preference of ragheads for pussy protects at least some of the men from behaviour contrary to the Geneva Convention. With a bit of luck they may even escape to carry on the fight, while their female comrades distract the guards!

Satire, folks, satire. "No man left behind" means "no woman left behind" too.

Wow, My anger was growing so much when I read this. You got me.

The raghead and pussy part were specially offensive.
My ratings in the top 100:
Aelosia is ranked 12th in the world for Largest Defense Forces
Aelosia is ranked 13th in the world for Most Scientifically Advanced
Aelosia is ranked 20th in the world for Most Cultured
Aelosia is ranked 24th in the world for Most Subsidized Industry
Aelosia is ranked 25th in the world for Fastest-Growing Economies
Aelosia is ranked 38th in the world for Largest Public Transport Department
Aelosia is ranked 42th in the world for Largest Publishing Industry
Aelosia is ranked 51th in the world for Largest Information Technology Sector
Aelosia is ranked 61th in the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector