NATION

PASSWORD

Good Proof of Christianity - The Resurrection = Proven

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lincoltshire
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lincoltshire » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:51 pm

LogiChristianity wrote: it is hard to deny something as clearly truth as Christianity.

That is an absurd claim, and I am shocked that you would make it.
Just your friendly neighborhood Spierpony!

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 28, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:52 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Ruridova wrote:It's in the Bible, and LC appears to believe quite firmly in that.

That's why it's silly. ;)

No, I'm joking. :p

Is this the point in the thread in which we make silly religious jokes until it either dissolves into dust or a mod locks it for spam? Goody goody, I've been waiting for this moment. *rubs hands together*
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:So, does this mean that since I'm white and my boyfriend is spanish he's going to rob all my money from me, scream "Hasta la vista!", and drive off into the sunset in a stolen car? Good to know.

Any time now, Lyra. Any time. Watch your car keys.

And your weed stash.

And your bedroom door. Chances are, he'll rape you first, the Genocidal Bastard.

Equestrian States wrote:Retro Lyra is actually an all-female corporation of puppet-manufacturers.

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:52 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Tratvia wrote:And it raises another point: if YHVH created everyone, he created homosexuals. Why would YHVH create something He disagreed with?

No, homosexuality came with sin. Everything was perfect until Adamn and Eve sinned.

Adam and Eve never existed.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Gibberan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:52 pm

Whoa! Whoa! I thought this thread was about Christianity and the Bible, NOT homosexuality. Anybody whos wants to fight about homosexuality, gas, lesbians, same-sex marriges, take it to a differetnt thread. But with all due respect, nobody here want s to listen to your argument any longer.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

RP Name the Ambrosian Confederal Republic, or Ambrose
(you can still call me Gibbs)

Proud Esquarian!
(but also consider Kylaris)
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

Terruana
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terruana » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:53 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Terruana wrote:
No, not at all. Where did you get that from?

The appendix is, by all accounts, completely useless. Some people believe it's a vestigial organ, others think it may have had a role in the immune system, but everyone agrees that it now does nothing and can be safely removed without causing any sort of effect on the body whatsoever. It only needs to be removed, however, if it gets infected (see: Appendicitis).

http://science.howstuffworks.com/enviro ... endix3.htm

The appendix is not completely useless. It serves some small functions. However, a vestigial organ is not an organ that has lost all function. It is an organ that has lost it's original function.

True, but whatever small functions it serves are apparently undecided. According to that source I linked, scientists aren't even sure it has a function at all. Either way, it can be removed without causing any visible effect on the body, so it is to all intents and purposes, useless.
Political Compass Score:
Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.15

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:53 pm

Lincoltshire wrote:
LogiChristianity wrote: it is hard to deny something as clearly truth as Christianity.

That is an absurd claim, and I am shocked that you would make it.

Agreed. :eyebrow:
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:So, does this mean that since I'm white and my boyfriend is spanish he's going to rob all my money from me, scream "Hasta la vista!", and drive off into the sunset in a stolen car? Good to know.

And your weed stash.

And your bedroom door. Chances are, he'll rape you first, the Genocidal Bastard.

Equestrian States wrote:Retro Lyra is actually an all-female corporation of puppet-manufacturers.

Ruridova
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruridova » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:53 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Ruridova wrote:It's in the Bible, and LC appears to believe quite firmly in that.

That's why it's silly. ;)

No, I'm joking. :p

I'd like to thank you for at least paying attention to it. I was hoping to get a little more recognition for ten minutes of writing.
Республіка Рюрідова - Королівство Вілкія
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink; I was a stranger and you invited me in; I needed clothes and you clothed me; I was sick and you looked after me; I was in prison and you came to visit me... Truly, whatever you did for one of the least of my brothers and sisters, you did for me."
- the Gospel of Matthew, 25:35-40

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:53 pm

Retro Lyra wrote:Is this the point in the thread in which we make silly religious jokes until it either dissolves into dust or a mod locks it for spam? Goody goody, I've been waiting for this moment. *rubs hands together*

That seems to be the inevitable fate of his threads.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:54 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:Is this the point in the thread in which we make silly religious jokes until it either dissolves into dust or a mod locks it for spam? Goody goody, I've been waiting for this moment. *rubs hands together*

That seems to be the inevitable fate of his threads.

'tis the fate of all pointless threads.
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

And your weed stash.

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:54 pm

Dyakovo wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:No, homosexuality came with sin. Everything was perfect until Adamn and Eve sinned.

Adam and Eve never existed.

And how do you know that they never existed? Do you know the backstoryof all the things that happened with Adam and Eve? Creation? The book of Genesis? The Bible? If you know about all that stuff, please tell me what they´re about.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

Proud Esquarian!
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:54 pm

Terruana wrote:True, but whatever small functions it serves are apparently undecided. According to that source I linked, scientists aren't even sure it has a function at all. Either way, it can be removed without causing any visible effect on the body, so it is to all intents and purposes, useless.

Yeah, the debate rages on. But it's agreed upon that it's a vestigial organ.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Phing Phong
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 04, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Phing Phong » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:55 pm

Gibberan wrote:Whoa! Whoa! I thought this thread was about Christianity and the Bible, NOT homosexuality. Anybody whos wants to fight about homosexuality, gas, lesbians, same-sex marriges, take it to a differetnt thread. But with all due respect, nobody here want s to listen to your argument any longer.

Funnily enough, the two often show up together.
And no one mentioned gas.
Incompetent Buddhist, liberal centrist and militant queer

Embassy Program | NSwiki Pages | Factbook | Map | National Anthem | Constitution | Phing Phong Fine Rices | Culture Test
Member of the Stonewall Alliance, open to all LGBT-friendly nations!

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:55 pm

Gibberan wrote:
Dyakovo wrote:Adam and Eve never existed.

And how do you know that they never existed? Do you know the backstoryof all the things that happened with Adam and Eve? Creation? The book of Genesis? The Bible? If you know about all that stuff, please tell me what they´re about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution

Tratvia
Spokesperson

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Tratvia » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:55 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Nordengrund wrote:
You can blame Lucifer for that.

Why? God's the one who created humans with the capability to be flawed, thus, not perfect. If God did his job right, Lucifer would have no chance of corrupting mankind.

And I have still not had an answer to my question. Is God omnipotent or isn't He? Does He really want the vast majority of humankind to be subject to everlasting torture? If so, why should we worship someone so insecure?

Allbeama
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allbeama » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:56 pm

Nordengrund wrote:I think I am the only non- radical Baptist in my family...

Non radical? You are pretty radical, based on your posting history.
Agonarthis Terra, My Homeworld.
The Internet loves you. mah Factbook

Hope lies in the smouldering rubble of Empires.

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:56 pm

Gibberan wrote:

The better question is, how do you know?
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

And your weed stash.

Gibberan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:56 pm

Phing Phong wrote:
Gibberan wrote:Whoa! Whoa! I thought this thread was about Christianity and the Bible, NOT homosexuality. Anybody whos wants to fight about homosexuality, gas, lesbians, same-sex marriges, take it to a differetnt thread. But with all due respect, nobody here want s to listen to your argument any longer.

Funnily enough, the two often show up together.
And no one mentioned gas.

I meant gays.

Proud Esquarian!

Frisivisia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisivisia » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:56 pm

Gibberan wrote:

How do you know they exist? Burden of proof, natch.
Impeach The Queen, Legalize Anarchy, Stealing Things Is Not Theft. Sex Pistols 2017.
I'm the evil gubmint PC inspector, here to take your Guns, outlaw your God, and steal your freedom and give it to black people.
I'm Joe Biden. So far as you know.

For: Anarchy, Punk Rock Fury
Against: Thatcher, Fascists, That Fascist Thatcher, Reagan, Nazi Punks, Everyone
"Am I buggin' ya? I don't mean to bug ya." - Bono
Let's cram some more shit in my sig. Cool people cram shit in their sigs. In TECHNICOLOR!

Terruana
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terruana » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:57 pm

Allbeama wrote:

Non radical? You are pretty radical, based on your posting history.

It's quite sad really, if you think about it. His family are SO MUCH worse than him, he actually considers himself non-radical.
Political Compass Score:
Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.15

Bluvil
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Bluvil » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:57 pm

Gibberan wrote:

If the Christian faith claims that Adam and Eve were the first two people to ever exist, then we can know that they didn't, because as science will tell you the human race in it's current form did not begin with just 1 man and 1 woman.
"Sola virtus triumphat"

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:57 pm

LogiChristianity wrote:and it is hard to deny something as clearly truth as Christianity.

For the third time:

Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:58 pm

On the sidebar right now is this pointless thread and another abortion thread.

NS, NS, NS...
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

And your weed stash.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:58 pm

Says someone who wishes to be an autocrat of the United States of America.

Nordengrund
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordengrund » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:59 pm

[quote="Ruridova";p="10498139"]Okay, I'm going to reiterate my statement and hope that LogiChristianity notices this time. I have to go before too lnog, so I might not see the response until tomorrow, but here goes:

LogiChristianity, I understand that you want to express yourself, tell others the "good news", so on and so forth. I can see that you put a lot of effort into starting these threads with large posts instead of one-liners like so many other people do. And I am entirely honest when I say that, if you were to start an alt and spend some time chatting around with people on NS, we would enjoy your company. You're hardworking, devoted, you try to be kind no matter how hard it is, and you have a sense of duty that will get you far both inside and outside NationStates.
I know that you believe it is your goal, purpose, destiny, whatever you call it to tell us all about your beliefs, your faith, your solace and belief and spirituality, about how you love it so much and you suspect we might too. I can understand wanting what you feel is the best for others. It's only human after all. But you're also not the first to try this. I feel that NationStates has made itself perfectly clear about its opinions: we hold very dear to them, and will not be convinced to change them because we like who we are. I suspect you would feel the same way if someone was trying to convert you.

I deleted some of your post because I did not want this post to be long. After reading this, I am still determined to spread the "Good News, but I will not shove it down people's throats. I will tell them about Jesus, and if they reject him I will move on.

We are all human and no one is perfect, not even Christians. I think before we can spread the Gospel, the Christian divisions must work together.

Like everyone (or at least most people) I have my convictions about things such as abortion and homosexuality, but I do not believe it is our job to judge others, for that job is reserved for God and God alone. Instead we should find out for ourselves what we believe and what we believe is right and what is wrong. The world would be a much better place if we were to put the quarreling aside.
1 John 1:9

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Gibberan wrote:And how do you know that they never existed? Do you know the backstoryof all the things that happened with Adam and Eve? Creation? The book of Genesis? The Bible? If you know about all that stuff, please tell me what they´re about.

Notably, because the Hebrew creation myth depicted in Genesis is rather typical of the cultural milieu of the Middle East of the time; many of the stories of the Bible have parallels in the myths of nearby and related cultures - indeed, the Sumerian account of Ziusudra and a seperate Great Flood caused by the gods becoming angry with humanity for causing too much noise is extremely similar to the much younger Hebrew version.

Sacred Texts.com wrote:All the windstorms, exceedingly powerful, attacked as one,
The deluge raged over the surface of the earth. p. 98
After, for seven days and seven nights,
The deluge had raged in the land,
And the huge boat had been tossed about on the great waters,
Utu came forth, who sheds light on heaven and earth.
Ziusudra opened a window of the huge boat,
Ziusudra, the king,
Before Utu prostrated himself,
The king kills an ox, slaughters a sheep.
Last edited by Avenio on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General