NATION

PASSWORD

Could Noah's Ark Have Happened Realistically? Well, Yes.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Arlim
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Arlim » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:05 pm

LogiChristianity wrote:
Norstal wrote:Which is a secular nation.

A secular Christian nation.

Oxymoron detected
He who is afraid of doing too much always does too little.

Altaiire
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altaiire » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:05 pm

The Drone Empire wrote:
Altaiire wrote:
They were also very good swimmers, being able to escape total collapse of civilization from the global flood and whatnot. Either that, or their alien overlords beamed them off Earth 'til low tide.

Beam me up, Scotty?

Maybe Scotty has been God the whole time! IT MAKES PERFECTLY NO SENSE!
For both IC and OoC, please refer to me as the Altarian Empire, or Altair in short form. The demonym is Altarian(s.)
National Information (old, out of date): National Factbook Military Factbook

Transhuman Proteus
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Transhuman Proteus » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:05 pm

LogiChristianity wrote:
Veladio wrote:Or...not exist.

But actually, amazing.

And that's the great mystery, isn't it? How can such a fanatical radical seemingly unbelievable thing be real? How is it possible? And yet He is.

You've convinced me.

Zeus, I'm sorry I ever doubted you.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:05 pm

The Drone Empire wrote:
Altaiire wrote:
They were also very good swimmers, being able to escape total collapse of civilization from the global flood and whatnot. Either that, or their alien overlords beamed them off Earth 'til low tide.

Beam me up, Scotty?

Wrong series. They went through the Stargate. ;)
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:06 pm

Noobubersland wrote:
LogiChristianity wrote:
But then, America.

And now:

Indeed. The world is Chinese by plurality. *nods*
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Drone Empire » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:06 pm

Noobubersland wrote:
The Drone Empire wrote:
Beam me up, Scotty?

Never said that

:p
"Protocol before Mercy; Directive before All."
The Drone Empire
Do not bow, do not praise, do not beg; you are pathetic enough already.
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...
You can call me Drone... or TDE.... or Dani. I don't know. ._.

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life
An amazing RP, especially for the inexperienced yet ambitious RPer.

The First National Bank of Roleplay Knowledge
Have questions about roleplaying? Ask them here. Please.

Border Of Reality
Explosions! Fire! Superpowers! Fun!
///Activate Troj.Ware <{F a c t b o o k}

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:06 pm

LogiChristianity wrote:
Norstal wrote:Which is a secular nation.

A secular Christian nation.

:rofl: No. Not officially.

Read the First Amendment and get back to me.
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

Doctor whooves
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Doctor whooves » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:06 pm

Noobubersland wrote:
The Drone Empire wrote:
Beam me up, Scotty?

Never said that

Beameth Upeth, Scottiah?
I am a unique snowflake in a sea of sheeple.

Huskvarneque
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Huskvarneque » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:07 pm

LogiChristianity wrote:
New England and The Maritimes wrote:
OP is trolling. It's pretty funny, honestly.

I really wish people would stop accusing me of both trolling and being funny. Neither of those are valid statements.

You might not be trolling, but you can still be being funny to some people, that's a matter of opinion if your being funny. Just because you don't mean to be, doesn't mean you aren't to some people... perspective is a bitch.

And also... I'm really sick of these threads... I believe this point was made, how did all the fish survive? If a flood happened then all the water would be turned to salt water, fresh water fish would die, unless of course, they were on said Ark... so there had to be some fish on that Ark. Also, the problems of only having a male and a female of a species on the boat, not only the inbreeding and genetic problems that would have happened due to the extreme incest, how did Noah keep all the animals from killing one another? Not all animals get along... some hunt other's, and keeping them contained for so long without these troubles is extremely difficult. And plus, food, not all animals hibernate, and saying they were just given the ability to is insane, and cheating, you need a better explanation other then "god did it". And those aren't even all the holes in this, this statement has so many holes it'd sink in a real debate.... (I don't much consider NS 'real debating', no offence xP). Sorry, I just don't see it being possible... :/

Jimanistan
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Jimanistan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:07 pm

This seems highly unlikely, not to mention rather unrealistic.

I prefer to read Noah's Ark as a morality tale, the subject matter of which was fairly common among religions of the Bronze/Iron Age Near East.
The Workers' State of Jimanistan
Demonym: Jimani
Capital: Fenario, Capital District
Head of State: Prime Minister Marie Clemente
Head of Government: Speaker Francois Durand

"The very cannibalism of the counterrevolution will convince the nations that there is only one way in which the murderous death agonies of the old society and the bloody birth throes of the new society can be shortened, simplified and concentrated, and that way is revolutionary terror."
- Karl Marx

Tmutarakhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 06, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tmutarakhan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:08 pm

Doctor whooves wrote:Wait, if I may ask a serious question here: How do you know god exists?

Because there is a website which "argues" (if we may call it that) that since universal laws exist, God must exist-- then he denies that universal laws exist.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel, a comedy to those who think, and a musical to those who sing.

I am the very model of a Nation States General,
I am a holy terror to apologists Confederal,
When called upon to source a line, I give citations textual,
And argue about Palestine, and marriage homosexual!

A KNIGHT ON KARINZISTAN'S SPECIAL LIST OF POOPHEADS!

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Drone Empire » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:08 pm

The Drone Empire wrote:If there was a global flood, why don't the Ancient Egyptian record this? Were they not around at this time? Aside from the flooding of the Nile [Which was normal], there were no massive, catastrophic floods recorded during that time...

This is an excerpt from here. Just go to "Evidence Against"

The Great Pyramid of Cheops was built about 2589-2566 BC, about 230 years before the flood, yet it has no water marks on it. The Djoser Step Pyramid at Saqqara, Egypt, built about 2630 BC doesn't show any signs of having been under water. Likewise for many other ancient structures. But even more importantly, the Egyptians have continuous historical records for hundreds of years before and after the time of the flood that make no mention of a great flood. This shows that they were not only not aware of a global flood, they certainly were not greatly affected by one. Outside of the Bible, there is no historical or physical evidence that would place a worldwide flood during the time period specified by the Bible for the great flood.

And no "ITS A TEST" bull crap - give me a real response, dammit!

EDIT: By the way, the "Evidence For" lists The Bible, which is poor evidence, and some biased creationist claims...

^^

To L.C, with love
The Drone Empire
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life

Border Of Reality

Noobubersland
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Noobubersland » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:08 pm

Norstal wrote:
Noobubersland wrote:And now:

Indeed. The world is Chinese by plurality. *nods*

I, for one, welcome Pax Zhongguo

But really, I wonder how OP will justify it in a "Christian's never lose!" sense, I mean there are more Muslims in China then Christians, and Muslims are mostly in... Xinjiang I think?
Grand-Duc de Languedoc, Under Roi J&D I

Doctor whooves
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Doctor whooves » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:08 pm

Huskvarneque wrote:
LogiChristianity wrote:
I really wish people would stop accusing me of both trolling and being funny. Neither of those are valid statements.

You might not be trolling, but you can still be being funny to some people, that's a matter of opinion if your being funny. Just because you don't mean to be, doesn't mean you aren't to some people... perspective is a bitch.

And also... I'm really sick of these threads... I believe this point was made, how did all the fish survive? If a flood happened then all the water would be turned to salt water, fresh water fish would die, unless of course, they were on said Ark... so there had to be some fish on that Ark. Also, the problems of only having a male and a female of a species on the boat, not only the inbreeding and genetic problems that would have happened due to the extreme incest, how did Noah keep all the animals from killing one another? Not all animals get along... some hunt other's, and keeping them contained for so long without these troubles is extremely difficult. And plus, food, not all animals hibernate, and saying they were just given the ability to is insane, and cheating, you need a better explanation other then "god did it". And those aren't even all the holes in this, this statement has so many holes it'd sink in a real debate.... (I don't much consider NS 'real debating', no offence xP). Sorry, I just don't see it being possible... :/

Woah... The kooky point I initially made was a legit one...

LogiChristianity
Envoy

Founded: Aug 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby LogiChristianity » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:09 pm

Huskvarneque wrote:
LogiChristianity wrote:

Why is "God did it" NOT a reasonable answer?
Get it? Logic + Christianity = Logichristianity = Jesus = Salvation = Heaven = God = Oneness.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:09 pm

Huskvarneque wrote:
LogiChristianity wrote:

Welcome to NSG we enjoy beating dead horses.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Veladio
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Veladio » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:09 pm

LogiChristianity wrote:
Huskvarneque wrote:

Because you can't prove it.
I am a Wiccan. Do not assume I am an Atheist in Religion threads simply because I support complete Secularization of Government Entities.

Social Libertarian (could care less about Economics, there are people who are more educated at it, so it is a waste of time to try and debate me on it.). As stated above I am a Wiccan, and I find solidarity with the Egyptian Deities. I support government secularization as well as complete freedom of religion, as I believe that to truly be secular, the state must respect all beliefs, and favor none. And I recently enlisted in the United States Navy.

Noobubersland
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Noobubersland » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:09 pm

LogiChristianity wrote:
Huskvarneque wrote:

YOu answered it yourself
Grand-Duc de Languedoc, Under Roi J&D I

Arlim
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Arlim » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:09 pm

LogiChristianity wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:

By definition, your God does not exist.

No, it just makes God amazing. :)

By not existing
He who is afraid of doing too much always does too little.

Doctor whooves
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Doctor whooves » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:09 pm

Tmutarakhan wrote:
Doctor whooves wrote:Wait, if I may ask a serious question here: How do you know god exists?

Because there is a website which "argues" (if we may call it that) that since universal laws exist, God must exist-- then he denies that universal laws exist.

Seems legit.

Individuality-ness
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Individuality-ness » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:10 pm

LogiChristianity wrote:
Huskvarneque wrote:

Because "God did it" assumes that God exists. There is no proof that he does. Hence, invalid answer.
"I should have listened to her, so hard to keep control. We kept on eating but our bloated bellies still not full."
Poetry Thread | How to Not Rape | Aspergers v. Assburgers | You Might be an Altie If... | Factbook/Extension

The Humanist Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Humanist Federation » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:10 pm

Transhuman Proteus wrote:
LogiChristianity wrote:
But actually, amazing.

And that's the great mystery, isn't it? How can such a fanatical radical seemingly unbelievable thing be real? How is it possible? And yet He is.

You've convinced me.

Zeus, I'm sorry I ever doubted you.

Guess again.

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Drone Empire » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:10 pm

LogiChristianity wrote:
Huskvarneque wrote:

The same reason "The Dog did it" isn't when the cookie jar is empty.
The Drone Empire
>>FFT<<

Personification Life

Border Of Reality

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:10 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Huskvarneque wrote:

Welcome to NSG we enjoy beating dead horses.

Sadonecrobestiality FTW.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:11 pm

LogiChristianity wrote:Why is "God did it" NOT a reasonable answer?

Because it leads down the garden path to solipsism. Worse, it's a tautology.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General