NATION

PASSWORD

Could Noah's Ark Have Happened Realistically? Well, Yes.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:11 pm

I believe it could have happened. God can do anything.

Huskvarneque
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Huskvarneque » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:12 pm

LogiChristianity wrote:
Huskvarneque wrote:
You might not be trolling, but you can still be being funny to some people, that's a matter of opinion if your being funny. Just because you don't mean to be, doesn't mean you aren't to some people... perspective is a bitch.

And also... I'm really sick of these threads... I believe this point was made, how did all the fish survive? If a flood happened then all the water would be turned to salt water, fresh water fish would die, unless of course, they were on said Ark... so there had to be some fish on that Ark. Also, the problems of only having a male and a female of a species on the boat, not only the inbreeding and genetic problems that would have happened due to the extreme incest, how did Noah keep all the animals from killing one another? Not all animals get along... some hunt other's, and keeping them contained for so long without these troubles is extremely difficult. And plus, food, not all animals hibernate, and saying they were just given the ability to is insane, and cheating, you need a better explanation other then "god did it". And those aren't even all the holes in this, this statement has so many holes it'd sink in a real debate.... (I don't much consider NS 'real debating', no offence xP). Sorry, I just don't see it being possible... :/

Why is "God did it" NOT a reasonable answer?

I have two forms of logic here I will use, which will have two answers, you pick which you like...

Answer 1: Because it just isn't.
Answer 2: You can't insert something as evidence if the evidence itself isn't even fact... and sorry, god isn't a scientific fact. :/

Noobubersland
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Noobubersland » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:12 pm

So, Op, I ask again. Why is it that China, a mostly atheist and Confucian state, doing better then the Christian world if the Christian God exists? Why is Sweden, a country that is 80% atheist, doing better then Italy?
Grand-Duc de Languedoc, Under Roi J&D I

Veladio
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Veladio » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:12 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:I believe it could have happened. God can do anything.

How? Prove it.
I am a Wiccan. Do not assume I am an Atheist in Religion threads simply because I support complete Secularization of Government Entities.

Social Libertarian (could care less about Economics, there are people who are more educated at it, so it is a waste of time to try and debate me on it.). As stated above I am a Wiccan, and I find solidarity with the Egyptian Deities. I support government secularization as well as complete freedom of religion, as I believe that to truly be secular, the state must respect all beliefs, and favor none. And I recently enlisted in the United States Navy.

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby The Drone Empire » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:12 pm

If he existed, sure.

And if he does, he sure must be lazy.
"Protocol before Mercy; Directive before All."
The Drone Empire
Do not bow, do not praise, do not beg; you are pathetic enough already.
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...
You can call me Drone... or TDE.... or Dani. I don't know. ._.

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life
An amazing RP, especially for the inexperienced yet ambitious RPer.

The First National Bank of Roleplay Knowledge
Have questions about roleplaying? Ask them here. Please.

Border Of Reality
Explosions! Fire! Superpowers! Fun!
///Activate Troj.Ware <{F a c t b o o k}

Doctor whooves
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Doctor whooves » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:13 pm

The Drone Empire wrote:
LogiChristianity wrote:

The same reason "The Dog did it" isn't when the cookie jar is empty.

If God does turn out to be real in the end, then NSG is pretty much stuffed.
I am a unique snowflake in a sea of sheeple.

Huskvarneque
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Huskvarneque » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:13 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Huskvarneque wrote:
You might not be trolling, but you can still be being funny to some people, that's a matter of opinion if your being funny. Just because you don't mean to be, doesn't mean you aren't to some people... perspective is a bitch.

And also... I'm really sick of these threads... I believe this point was made, how did all the fish survive? If a flood happened then all the water would be turned to salt water, fresh water fish would die, unless of course, they were on said Ark... so there had to be some fish on that Ark. Also, the problems of only having a male and a female of a species on the boat, not only the inbreeding and genetic problems that would have happened due to the extreme incest, how did Noah keep all the animals from killing one another? Not all animals get along... some hunt other's, and keeping them contained for so long without these troubles is extremely difficult. And plus, food, not all animals hibernate, and saying they were just given the ability to is insane, and cheating, you need a better explanation other then "god did it". And those aren't even all the holes in this, this statement has so many holes it'd sink in a real debate.... (I don't much consider NS 'real debating', no offence xP). Sorry, I just don't see it being possible... :/

Welcome to NSG we enjoy beating dead horses.

I've noticed... :/ This place depresses me... xD

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:13 pm

Big Jim P wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:
Welcome to NSG we enjoy beating dead horses.

Sadonecrobestiality FTW.

Gotta work an "equu" in there somewhere, because we don't just beat any old dead animal.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:13 pm

Can God create a rock so heavy that he can't lift it?

Huskvarneque
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Huskvarneque » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:14 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:
Sadonecrobestiality FTW.

Gotta work an "equu" in there somewhere, because we don't just beat any old dead animal.

Sadonecroequubestiality xD

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:14 pm

Veladio wrote:

How? Prove it.

Look around you. He made it all. Sometimes you don't need proof, you just believe.

Tmutarakhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 06, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tmutarakhan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:14 pm

Noobubersland wrote:Why is Sweden, a country that is 80% atheist, doing better then Italy?

*raises hand, waves it frantically* Ooh, ooh, call on me!

Because Catholics aren't REEEEAAALLL Christians!
Life is a tragedy to those who feel, a comedy to those who think, and a musical to those who sing.

I am the very model of a Nation States General,
I am a holy terror to apologists Confederal,
When called upon to source a line, I give citations textual,
And argue about Palestine, and marriage homosexual!

A KNIGHT ON KARINZISTAN'S SPECIAL LIST OF POOPHEADS!

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:14 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:
Big Jim P wrote:
Sadonecrobestiality FTW.

Equusadonecrobestiality. Hows that?
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

Transhuman Proteus
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Transhuman Proteus » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:15 pm

LogiChristianity wrote:
Huskvarneque wrote:

Would you be happy to substitute another deity or supernatural being then? I mean if "God did it" is a reasonable answer, and proof is not required, why aren't you a Muslim or Hindu or...
Last edited by Transhuman Proteus on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:15 pm

Avenio wrote:

Can go make an argument so circular even he can't believe it?
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Huskvarneque
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Huskvarneque » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:15 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Veladio wrote:How? Prove it.

Look around you. He made it all. Sometimes you don't need proof, you just believe.

.... *head desk* I like proof, it makes me right instead of just hopeful...

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:15 pm

Avenio wrote:

No. He can do anything. That is not the point I am trying to prove.

Arlim
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Arlim » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:15 pm

LogiChristianity wrote:
Veladio wrote:Prove it.

I already did. The Bible says so, and the Bible is remarkably scientifically advanced, supported by extrabiblical texts, and amazingly consistent across the whole thing.

Poor brainwashed fundie. You really don't know about the contradictions in tne bible, do you? :(
He who is afraid of doing too much always does too little.

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:15 pm

Huskvarneque wrote:
Northwest Slobovia wrote:Gotta work an "equu" in there somewhere, because we don't just beat any old dead animal.

Sadonecroequubestiality xD

I like this one better.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:16 pm

Norstal wrote:
Avenio wrote:

Can go make an argument so circular even he can't believe it?

:rofl:
:clap:
Hail Satan!

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:16 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:

So, God doesn't exist.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

The Drone Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Corporate Police State

Postby The Drone Empire » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:16 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:

The last time I did that didn't end well.
"Protocol before Mercy; Directive before All."
The Drone Empire
Do not bow, do not praise, do not beg; you are pathetic enough already.
>>FFT<<
The Xenocidal Machine Empire of the stars, at this point we're borderlining FanT...
You can call me Drone... or TDE.... or Dani. I don't know. ._.

NOTE: No, water, nor {conventional} EMP's, nor the off button, nor some computer virus, can harm us.
Personification Life
An amazing RP, especially for the inexperienced yet ambitious RPer.

The First National Bank of Roleplay Knowledge
Have questions about roleplaying? Ask them here. Please.

Border Of Reality
Explosions! Fire! Superpowers! Fun!
///Activate Troj.Ware <{F a c t b o o k}

Tmutarakhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 06, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tmutarakhan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:17 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:

When I look around me, I see a world which works according to certain rules, which may be hard to figure out completely, but have some consistency to them, and then I compare the way the world works with the way the people who wrote this story think it works, and there is no similarity, and all I can say is that the Creator of this universe is not at all like the character depicted in that old book.
Life is a tragedy to those who feel, a comedy to those who think, and a musical to those who sing.

I am the very model of a Nation States General,
I am a holy terror to apologists Confederal,
When called upon to source a line, I give citations textual,
And argue about Palestine, and marriage homosexual!

A KNIGHT ON KARINZISTAN'S SPECIAL LIST OF POOPHEADS!

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Can God convince me of His/Her/Its existance? I mean, that's a pretty feeble test compared to the creation of the universe ex nihilo, so surely the Big Guy/Gal/Tentacled Horror should be able to manage... and in less than six days. I'll start my stopwatch *now*.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:Look around you. He made it all. Sometimes you don't need proof, you just believe.

So, God doesn't exist.

Yes he does. Thats now what I said.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General