NATION

PASSWORD

Chick Fil-A Day!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Rupture Farms co
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Chick Fil-A Day!

Postby Rupture Farms co » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:55 am

Also today is Chick Fil-A day so go get some. Reason for it is that the government is forcing places to close down on food chain because of they're Christian and anti-gay marriage. Google it. I was just at one, did not want to wait in two hours of lines, even of it was with fellow Americans, Christians. Apparently every store in the nation is at like full capacity. In fact Artie's back east has an ad campaign like "We support Chick Fil-A" and several others or just more simply "Eat at Chick Fil-A today"

The Mongol Ilkhanate
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mongol Ilkhanate » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:56 am

Also today is Chick Fil-A day so go get some. Reason for it is that the government is forcing places to close down on food chain because of they're Christian and anti-gay marriage.

YEAH FIRST AMENDMENT! WHOO! GO TYRANTS! GO TYRANTS! GO TYRANTS!

Weed
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Capitalizt

Postby Weed » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:00 pm

The images of the massive lines may convince me to stay home. I was going to go, because chik-fil-a is sooo good. But... I don't want to wait in line so long.

If freedom of speech means having to wait three hours to get my chicken paint me red, give me a goat, and call me a commie.
I prefer not to be called that
Ex-Defender
Former WASC Author
----V----
Weed
LIVE FREE

Silent Majority
Minister

Founded: Jun 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Silent Majority » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:03 pm

The claim that the government is shutting down Chick-fil-a restaurants strikes me as complete bullshit.
“It is the ultimate irony of history that radical individualism serves as the ideological justification of the unconstrained power of what the large majority of individuals experience as a vast anonymous power, which, without any democratic public control, regulates their lives.”
― Slavoj Žižek

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:03 pm

Rupture Farms co wrote:Also today is Chick Fil-A day so go get some. Reason for it is that the government is forcing places to close down on food chain because of they're Christian and anti-gay marriage. Google it. I was just at one, did not want to wait in two hours of lines, even of it was with fellow Americans, Christians. Apparently every store in the nation is at like full capacity. In fact Artie's back east has an ad campaign like "We support Chick Fil-A" and several others or just more simply "Eat at Chick Fil-A today"

I stopped taking you seriously with the underlined sentence. The location here in Troy definitely isn't at full capacity, and Troy is a fairly conservative city.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Nulono
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nulono » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:03 pm

Yeah, everyone going to a restaurant at one time sounds like a bad idea.
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.38
Numbers written with an apostrophe are in dozenal unless otherwise noted.
For example, 0'3 = 0.25, and 100' = 144.

Ratios are measured in perunums instead of percent.
1 perunum = 100 percent = 84' percent

The Nuclear Fist wrote:If all it it takes to count as a five star hotel in America is having air conditioning and not letting those who reside in it die of hyperthermia, you have shitty hotels.

Republika Jugoslavija wrote:Actually nuclear war is not the world ending scenario that many would have folks believe.

Veladio
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Veladio » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:05 pm

Silent Majority wrote:The claim that the government is shutting down Chick-fil-a restaurants strikes me as complete bullshit.

^This, especially in an election year. Political suicide and all of that. But other than that, please, OP, provide a source that the government is going to shut down CFA.
I am a Wiccan. Do not assume I am an Atheist in Religion threads simply because I support complete Secularization of Government Entities.

Social Libertarian (could care less about Economics, there are people who are more educated at it, so it is a waste of time to try and debate me on it.). As stated above I am a Wiccan, and I find solidarity with the Egyptian Deities. I support government secularization as well as complete freedom of religion, as I believe that to truly be secular, the state must respect all beliefs, and favor none. And I recently enlisted in the United States Navy.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:05 pm

It warms my heart and brings a single tear to my eye, this outpouring of support for bigotry and discrimination...it's just so grand that people can come together for such a noble cause as limiting the rights of people they feel are icky...

I mean, these people could have spent the day feeding homeless people or something, but then who would have come to the defense if a large fast food chain that public supports limiting the rights of the LGBT community?
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Weed
Diplomat

Capitalizt

Postby Weed » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:06 pm

Silent Majority wrote:The claim that the government is shutting down Chick-fil-a restaurants strikes me as complete bullshit.
" City officials in Boston and Chicago vowed to block the restaurant from opening new locations in their cities."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... bled=false

I would guess that was what was being referenced.
Ex-Defender
Former WASC Author
----V----
Weed
LIVE FREE

The Mongol Ilkhanate
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mongol Ilkhanate » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:08 pm

It does to me too. But on a cursory read through this guy sounded like a leftie celebrating the closure of CFA so I thought I'd hit him with some sarcasm. Turns out he's pro CFA. So much less fun.

Weed
Diplomat

Capitalizt

Postby Weed » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:10 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:It warms my heart and brings a single tear to my eye, this outpouring of support for bigotry and discrimination...

I'm about to go stand in line for hours in order to buy some CFA... I support gay rights very much. I just don't support boycotting a private company for their views unless they are much farther out of mainstream. Otherwise I would never be able to own a business ever in my right-wing town.
Ex-Defender
Former WASC Author
----V----
Weed
LIVE FREE

Nulono
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nulono » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:12 pm

Yeah, I can separate the tastiness of chicken from the political views of a company's leader.
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.38
Numbers written with an apostrophe are in dozenal unless otherwise noted.
For example, 0'3 = 0.25, and 100' = 144.

Ratios are measured in perunums instead of percent.
1 perunum = 100 percent = 84' percent

The Nuclear Fist wrote:If all it it takes to count as a five star hotel in America is having air conditioning and not letting those who reside in it die of hyperthermia, you have shitty hotels.

Republika Jugoslavija wrote:Actually nuclear war is not the world ending scenario that many would have folks believe.

Miss Defied
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Miss Defied » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:13 pm

Euroslavia wrote:
Rupture Farms co wrote:Also today is Chick Fil-A day so go get some. Reason for it is that the government is forcing places to close down on food chain because of they're Christian and anti-gay marriage. Google it. I was just at one, did not want to wait in two hours of lines, even of it was with fellow Americans, Christians. Apparently every store in the nation is at like full capacity. In fact Artie's back east has an ad campaign like "We support Chick Fil-A" and several others or just more simply "Eat at Chick Fil-A today"

I stopped taking you seriously with the underlined sentence. The location here in Troy definitely isn't at full capacity, and Troy is a fairly conservative city.

You got that far? I stopped at the bolded.
"You know you're like the A-bomb. Everybody's laughing, having a good time. Then you show up -BOOM- everything's dead." - Master Shake

Veladio
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Veladio » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:14 pm

Nulono wrote:Yeah, I can separate the tastiness of chicken from the political views of a company's leader.

Unless the discriminate against LGBT individuals in their employment process or deny insurance to gay married couples (in states that allow it). But at this time, I don't think that is happening.
I am a Wiccan. Do not assume I am an Atheist in Religion threads simply because I support complete Secularization of Government Entities.

Social Libertarian (could care less about Economics, there are people who are more educated at it, so it is a waste of time to try and debate me on it.). As stated above I am a Wiccan, and I find solidarity with the Egyptian Deities. I support government secularization as well as complete freedom of religion, as I believe that to truly be secular, the state must respect all beliefs, and favor none. And I recently enlisted in the United States Navy.

Veblenia
Minister

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Veblenia » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Euroslavia wrote:

Really? I stopped taking the OP seriously here:

Rupture Farms co wrote: the government is forcing places to close down on food chain because of they're Christian and anti-gay marriage.

EDIT: Dammit! Ninja'd.
Last edited by Veblenia on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political Compass: -6.62, -7.69
"Freedom is a horizon in which we continually re-negotiate the terms of our own subjugation."
- Michel Foucault

Cruciland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cruciland » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Drat. Already ate. Maybe I'll have some of their delicious chicken nuggets for dinner... (fried with fresh Christian goodness)
THREADS SINGLE-HANDEDLY KILLED: 29 | Beliefs IBeliefs IIBeliefs III
Crucilandians - Old Capital - New Capital | A 4.8 civilization, according to this index.
Socialdemokraterne wrote:If the absence of secularism wasn't enough to scare our people, the rate of which the doomsday button is pressed by them sure settled the matter.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:Cruciland, I just want to say, your nation is frightening.

The Inevitable Syndicate wrote:My advice to you, dear Gordano-Lysandus, is to run. Or hide. Maybe not hiding, because the Crucilandians will find you, and by their god, you will be assimilated.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:17 pm

I read the entire thing, but it quit making sense on the second sentence. And if we removed the OP save for the first sentence, it is an advertisement, which means it'll get locked.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:18 pm

Weed wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:It warms my heart and brings a single tear to my eye, this outpouring of support for bigotry and discrimination...

I'm about to go stand in line for hours in order to buy some CFA... I support gay rights very much. I just don't support boycotting a private company for their views unless they are much farther out of mainstream. Otherwise I would never be able to own a business ever in my right-wing town.

No one ever asks me my political views before I do business with them, and I never ask the political views of the companies I patronize. They have to make a big deal of it on their own.

And when they do, and when it's limiting the rights of a large group of people, that seems significant enough for me not to want to give them my business. This isn't a difference of opinion on whether the marginal tax rate should be changed or small government vs. large government or the role of the social safety net, it's about treating a group of citizens of the United States like second class citizens.

That seems like enough to make me travel a half a block to Pollo Loco for better chicken anyway.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Magmia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Magmia » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:18 pm

:rofl:

I'm actually getting lunch from there today. What's funny is......I forgot the whole "Chick Fil-A" thing was today 8)

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:19 pm

Miss Defied wrote:
Euroslavia wrote:I stopped taking you seriously with the underlined sentence. The location here in Troy definitely isn't at full capacity, and Troy is a fairly conservative city.

You got that far? I stopped at the bolded.

I stopped at the italicized.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009

Postby Esternial » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:19 pm

Euroslavia wrote:

It took you long enough ;)

Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:19 pm

Nulono wrote:Yeah, I can separate the tastiness of chicken from the political views of a company's leader.

^This, a thousand times over.
Ostroeuropa wrote:Two shirtless men on a pushback with handlebar moustaches and a kettle conquered India, at 17:04 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. They rolled the bike up the hill and demanded that the natives set about acquiring bureaucratic records.

Des-Bal wrote:Modern politics is a series of assholes and liars trying to be more angry than each other until someone lets a racist epithet slip and they all scatter like roaches.

NSLV wrote:Introducing the new political text from acclaimed author/yak, NEO ARCAD, an exploration of nuclear power in the Middle East and Asia, "Nuclear Penis: He Won't Call You Again".

This is the best region ever. You know you want it.

Homosexy
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Homosexy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:20 pm

Wrong. Or at least according to my local news you're wrong.
The mayors of Boston and Chicago, I think the two cities were, put a ban on Chick Fil A because of the owner's beliefs.
Hii!! My name is Shellby. Yes, I am a girl. Yes, that is me in my flag. :)
There's only us. There's only this. Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No other road, no other way. No day but today.
Love and expression, not hate and oppression!!~

Khadgar
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Khadgar » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:20 pm

So, trolling, shill for Chik-Fil-A (which they're putting online like they're run by Ron Paul), or lying liar who lies a lot?

Khadgar
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Khadgar » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:21 pm

Homosexy wrote:

Wrong. Or at least according to my local news you're wrong.
The mayors of Boston and Chicago, I think the two cities were, put a ban on Chick Fil A because of the owner's beliefs.

Which is equal to shutting down restaurants how precisely?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General