NATION

PASSWORD

Govt is corrupt, so why do liberals want bigger govt !?!?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lessnt
Senator

Founded: Jul 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lessnt » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:39 pm

Death Metal wrote:The free market is more corrupt and more coercive.

And its still more efficient under many circumstances.
That efficiency is what makes a free market better.

AuSable River
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby AuSable River » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:52 pm

Mosasauria wrote:
AuSable River wrote:

so much for your private sector snake oil fallacy:

http://www.naturalnews.com/035641_corru ... harma.html

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... miflu.aspx

http://greenhouseneutralfoundation.org/ ... in-danger/

http://dangerousintersection.org/2009/0 ... t-the-fda/

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/ama.htm

in sum, statist are under the delusion that government is trusted and serves them ---- nothing could be further from the truth.

indeed, my goal is to inform the servile that pray on the altar of government power -- that this is a false god.

individual rights and individual responsibility in a free, voluntary, and competitive societal framework is far more preferable and beneficial to societal health and well being.

good night, my shift is over.

One of my problems with this is that the very thing that corrupts the government is the very thing you trust more than the government.

strawman

I dont trust government at all dude.

without government, corrupt corporations die on the vine.

for example, how in the heck is an inefficient, corrupt, and wasteful firm going to survive screwing the customer or engaging in fraud or criminal/civil negligence?

only within anarchist societies can these firms in the defense industry gain absolutist power.

but not within a constitutional federal republic or most other variations of liberal democracy.

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:54 pm

AuSable River wrote:for example, how in the heck is an inefficient, corrupt, and wasteful firm going to survive screwing the customer or engaging in fraud or criminal/civil negligence?

Survive or be held accountable? Shoddy business practices are likely to collapse a business, but that doesn't mean the people who screwed others over will be held accountable without proper governance.
Wonder where all the good posters went? Look no further!

Hurry, before the Summer Nazis show up again!

AuSable River
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby AuSable River » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:54 pm

Magmia wrote:
AuSable River wrote:try opening a business and screwing the customer and see how far and how big you get.

:palm:
Businesses get away with that shit every day!!!!!

And people still go, because they don't know any better, or they don't give a shit!

Absurd.

if businesses 'get away with shit' by your illogical definition

Then why do so many (99%) ultimately fail ?????

in contrast, govt has no competition and when they fail, they simply plunder more societal wealth to the lasting detriment of society.

Indeed, to remove corrupt govt it frequently takes violent and bloody revolutions

Desu Desu Desu Desu
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Desu Desu Desu Desu » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:54 pm

What about libertarian liberals?

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:55 pm

AuSable River wrote:strawman

Source?
AuSable River wrote:for example, how in the heck is an inefficient, corrupt, and wasteful firm going to survive screwing the customer or engaging in fraud or criminal/civil negligence?

Easy, by being exceptionally large and having large amounts of money. It's inevitable that they will crush anyone that tries to compete.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

AuSable River
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby AuSable River » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:56 pm

Holy Trek wrote:
Probably they are just following the indoctrination that they have received from leftwing educators, pop culture, and the main stream media who are all proponents of big government.

Ok..first, do you realize how idiotic that sounded? You make it sound as though us liberals actually want bigger government. Have you even interviewed any liberals to get their own personal views, or do you just lump all liberals into this category of wanting bigger government?

If I could deprogram leftists, I would enlighten them to the fact that government is a market for corruption.

What are we now, robots?? 'Deprogram'.....sounds like a fascist tactic to me.

Not surprisingly, these same banks contributed generously to both obama and bush in their respective elections. Moreover, the these same failed bankers have figured prominently in both the bush and obama cabinets.

Got anything to back this statement up, or are you just blowing hot air?

In reality, the purpose of government isn't to promote sustainable and beneficial economic policy -- it is for self-serving politicians and their corrupt cronies in the public and private sector to 'game' the system to their benefit at the expense of productive individuals and firms in the private sector (who by definition don't need government help).

WOW!! What a damn genius you just proved to be.....I guess there must be readers here who have been living under rocks for so long they lost track of the times.

do you have a point to make instead of simply engaging in an illogical ad hominem of 'disagreeing with me, but agreeing with my assertion' ?!!

Norstal
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:57 pm

AuSable River wrote:
for example, how in the heck is an inefficient, corrupt, and wasteful firm going to survive screwing the customer or engaging in fraud or criminal/civil negligence?

The Church of Scientology has survived despite any attempts to bring it down.

So.
Toronto Sun wrote:Best poster ever. ★★★★★

New York Times wrote:No one can beat him in debates. 5/5.

IGN wrote:Literally the best game I've ever played. 10/10

NSG Public wrote:What a fucking douchebag.

Supreme Chairman for Life of the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee

Blakk Metal
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Blakk Metal » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:57 pm

AuSable River wrote:
Mosasauria wrote:One of my problems with this is that the very thing that corrupts the government is the very thing you trust more than the government.

strawman

only within anarchist societies can these firms in the defense industry gain absolutist power.

but not within a constitutional federal republic or most other variations of liberal democracy.

ANSWER THE FRIGGIN' QUESTION FOR ONCE!

Desu Desu Desu Desu
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Desu Desu Desu Desu » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Norstal wrote:
AuSable River wrote:

So.

That's more or less because they have zombie puppets to give them $$$.

Norstal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:00 pm

Desu Desu Desu Desu wrote:
Norstal wrote:The Church of Scientology has survived despite any attempts to bring it down.

So.

There's also prostitution, weapon sales, organ sales, Chinese medicine if you want examples of businesses that requires no zombies. I can go on and on to prove this libertarian notion that a corrupt organization or business will die in a total free market.
Last edited by Norstal on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miss Defied
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Miss Defied » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:06 pm

Norstal wrote:

There's also prostitution, weapon sales, organ sales, Chinese medicine if you want examples of businesses that requires no zombies. I can go on and on to prove this libertarian notion that a corrupt organization or business will die in a total free market.

strawman because irrespective of your lack of facts, logic and empirical evidence

you're inane liberal logic shows your lunacy at the hands of the corrupt government

hurr durr
"You know you're like the A-bomb. Everybody's laughing, having a good time. Then you show up -BOOM- everything's dead." - Master Shake

AuSable River
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby AuSable River » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:11 pm

Wamitoria wrote:

Survive or be held accountable? Shoddy business practices are likely to collapse a business, but that doesn't mean the people who screwed others over will be held accountable without proper governance.

1st -- if a company fails --- management fails -- its investment and capital is dissolved and dispensed to credits.

2nd -- if government fails --- it raises taxes and bureaucrats pay -- and politicians use this failure as an excuse that they need more power to manage the 'problem' that ironically they have made worse or created

3rd -- if government continues to fail -- the bureaucrats and polticians dont suffer any ill effects since their own money is not at risk. frequently they and their family members get lucrative jobs in the very industries that they were entrusted to oversee.

4th -- if a company fails, then management has lost reputation -- hence, they will find it significantly more difficult to get venture capital to reinvest if the failure was the result of inefficient, wasteful, or corrupt business practices.

Lastly, the free market is volutary --- government is not.

Norstal
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Norstal » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:11 pm

Miss Defied wrote:
Norstal wrote:There's also prostitution, weapon sales, organ sales, Chinese medicine if you want examples of businesses that requires no zombies. I can go on and on to prove this libertarian notion that a corrupt organization or business will die in a total free market.

strawman because irrespective of your lack of facts, logic and empirical evidence

you're inane liberal logic shows your lunacy at the hands of the corrupt government

hurr durr

Yes that's right, I am a statanist. I worship the state and satan. Fear me. Fear and cower before my progressive social programs. We also do weekly orgies as part of worshiping satan. But they're EVIL orgies.

AuSable River
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby AuSable River » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:14 pm

Norstal wrote:

these are all voluntary -- and yes many go out of business if they dont satisfy 'consumer' preferences.

in contrast, government has been responsible for more 'involuntary organ donations'in the form of political executions, tortures, and murders than any other societal entity.

the moral of the story is that you cant criticize the free market because it is not perfect ----- no human endeavor is perfect --- however, the free market is voluntary, free, and competitive whereas the government is none of these.

AuSable River
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby AuSable River » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:16 pm

Norstal wrote:The Church of Scientology has survived despite any attempts to bring it down.

So.

the zombie puppets that donate to any church do so voluntarily.

the zombie puppets that 'donate' to government pay many orders of magnitude more in wealth, do so against their will, and the result of this dynamic is societal destruction.

the bigger govt 'religion' , the more destructive.

see north korea, cuba, zimbabwe, california, detroit, et al.

AuSable River
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby AuSable River » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:18 pm

Norstal wrote:
AuSable River wrote:

So.

it has survived without you (or me) having to surrender a dime of our time or money --- so who made you the religious police ???

What right or sanction do you have to attack an entity that gets all of its wealth by voluntary and non-coercive means ???/

indeed, the left is the pay police, the equality police, the charity police, the thought police, et al.

they are utterly despotic and their reprehensible goal is to find ways to gain power by inserting their noses in places they are not needed or welcome.

Wirbel
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wirbel » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:20 pm

Cameroi wrote:liberals want government to earn its keep. "conservatives" don't. government gets bigger as a compromise between them. one that no one wants.
corruption is part of the same compromise, and one that conservatives seem to want. seems like the only thing conservatives want to conserve is the ways they are able to get away with corruption.

And Liberals want to create new ways to get away with corruption.
Costa Fiero wrote:
Soviet Russia Republic wrote:Yes, they could. They'll likely not get seven years.

Nah, they'll probably end up in one of the gulags rehabilitation facilities in Siberia.

Mikoyan-Guryevich wrote:Don't RP that your naval strike force has just launched 1000 fighter jets, this is just pure shit.
Preferred Type of Gov't:
Insane Evil Fascist Tyranny

Religion:
Science
I roleplay Steampunk and Dieselpunk.

AuSable River
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby AuSable River » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:21 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
AuSable River wrote:strawman

Source?

Easy, by being exceptionally large and having large amounts of money. It's inevitable that they will crush anyone that tries to compete.

source ??!!!

what is the source for 2+2 = 4 ???

indeed, are you aware that thousands, if not millions of free market firms fail yearly ?

again for the 20th time, explain the process whereby a firm can crush competition without satisfying consumer preferences.

until you answer this challenge --- dont bother with these inane strawman diversions.

Wirbel
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wirbel » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:22 pm

Norstal wrote:
Miss Defied wrote:strawman because irrespective of your lack of facts, logic and empirical evidence

hurr durr

Yes that's right, I am a statanist. I worship the state and satan. Fear me. Fear and cower before my progressive social programs. We also do weekly orgies as part of worshiping satan. But they're EVIL orgies.

[scream]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/scream] *Hides in Corner*
Last edited by Wirbel on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Costa Fiero wrote:
Soviet Russia Republic wrote:Yes, they could. They'll likely not get seven years.

Nah, they'll probably end up in one of the gulags rehabilitation facilities in Siberia.

Mikoyan-Guryevich wrote:Don't RP that your naval strike force has just launched 1000 fighter jets, this is just pure shit.
Preferred Type of Gov't:

Religion:
Science

AuSable River
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby AuSable River » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:23 pm

Blakk Metal wrote:
AuSable River wrote:
strawman

ANSWER THE FRIGGIN' QUESTION FOR ONCE!

come down tex

I dont see a question in the preceding post.

if you have one that you want me to answer --- then take an aspirin and present it.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:24 pm

AuSable River wrote:
source ??!!!

http://us.metamath.org/mpegif/mmset.html
AuSable River wrote:indeed, are you aware that thousands, if not millions of free market firms fail yearly ?

But not the largest ones. :roll:

AuSable River wrote:again for the 20th time, explain the process whereby a firm can crush competition without satisfying consumer preferences.

Easy: buy the competition, steal their ideas (no government to enforce copyrights or patents), physically destroy their business by hiring mercenaries, and more.
AuSable River wrote:until you answer this challenge --- dont bother with these inane strawman diversions.

"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Wirbel
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wirbel » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:25 pm

AuSable River wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:Source?

source ??!!!

indeed, are you aware that thousands, if not millions of free market firms fail yearly ?

again for the 20th time, explain the process whereby a firm can crush competition without satisfying consumer preferences.

until you answer this challenge --- dont bother with these inane strawman diversions.

Mavorpen, how do you have an "exceptionally large" company with "large amounts of money" without pleasing any kind of customer. You've got to get up there first... And also, if you are rich, how do you stay rich if your customers hate you and don't buy anything from you?
Last edited by Wirbel on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Costa Fiero wrote:

Preferred Type of Gov't:

Religion:
Science

AuSable River
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby AuSable River » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:27 pm

Wirbel wrote:
Norstal wrote:Yes that's right, I am a statanist. I worship the state and satan. Fear me. Fear and cower before my progressive social programs. We also do weekly orgies as part of worshiping satan. But they're EVIL orgies.

[scream]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/scream] *Hides in Corner*

you scream, I laugh.

different reactions to the same problem --- the bottom line is that the statist is exposed because of the failure of their ideological beliefs.

hence, they cant engage in any substantive, logical, or empricially supported arguments.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:27 pm

Wirbel wrote:Mavorpen, how do you have an "exceptionally large" company with "large amounts of money" without pleasing any kind of customer. You've got to get up there first...

I've never said they do this.
Wirbel wrote:And also, if you are rich, how do you stay rich if your customers hate you and don't buy anything from you?

If there's no competition, obviously.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General