NATION

PASSWORD

Have I no right?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Quotation Marks
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Have I no right?

Postby Quotation Marks » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:02 pm

I am the child of a rape victim. Yeah, the child of the rapist and my mom. I would have been aborted if my mom would've had access to that.

Now, for all you people out there who are "pro-women's choice," have I no right to life? I could've died and you'd just assume that my life for my mother's comfort was a more than fair trade. I am very successful today and would like to know why in the United States eagle eggs are better protected than our children. I would like to know how you think it's okay to kill something that has a heartbeat, a hand, a face, and is LIVING and GROWING inside of someone? This is MURDER.

Have I no right to life?

Why is this trade considered so equal? A life and comfort are NOT EQUAL!

Hydesland
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Hydesland » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:03 pm

Depends where your mother lives. In your case, she was living in an area where you apparently do have the right.

Call to power
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 13, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Call to power » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:05 pm

well you are statistically more likely to commit violent crime >_>
The Parkus Empire wrote:Theoretically, why would anyone put anytime into anything but tobacco, intoxicants and sex?

Vareiln wrote:My god, CtP is right...
Not that you haven't been right before, but... Aw, hell, you get what I meant.

Tubbsalot wrote:replace my opinions with CtP's.

Quotation Marks
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Quotation Marks » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:06 pm

My mom had the right at the time, but didn't go through.

But I'd still like to know how people can think that they can kill babies and experiment with human embryos all willy-nilly! These are people, not objects, diseases, disorders or experiments!

I, as well as other children, have a right to live my life and enjoy it! Why is it that you can deny others that right?

Phenia
Senator

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Phenia » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:06 pm

You have a right to life as you are a living human.

That was not the case before a certain point. The abortion argument hinges on where this point is. The anti-abortionists say it is at conception. The pro-choice say it's at some point prior to birth but after conception. You're not adding to the debate by bringing yourself into it and making it a personal issue and obviously taking insult at even the existence of another, more rational view.

Quotation Marks
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Quotation Marks » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:06 pm

Call to power wrote:well you are statistically more likely to commit violent crime >_>

... :eyebrow: Really? Statistics are just numbers.

Hydesland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Hydesland » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:07 pm

Quotation Marks wrote:But I'd still like to know how people can think that they can kill babies and experiment with human embryos all willy-nilly! These are people, not objects, diseases, disorders or experiments!

They do so generally by deciding that they are not people (i.e. do not contain the property of personhood).

Quotation Marks
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Quotation Marks » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:08 pm

Why can people abort at all? It's murder! Like I said, these are PEOPLE.

Quotation Marks
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Quotation Marks » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:08 pm

How are they not people?

Iceland-Thule
Attaché

Founded: Aug 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Iceland-Thule » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:08 pm

Good thing your mother didn't have an abortion. It should only be allowed if the mothers life is in danger.

Surote
Ambassador

Founded: May 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Surote » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:08 pm

Quotation Marks wrote:I am the child of a rape victim. Yeah, the child of the rapist and my mom. I would have been aborted if my mom would've had access to that.

Now, for all you people out there who are "pro-women's choice," have I no right to life? I could've died and you'd just assume that my life for my mother's comfort was a more than fair trade. I am very successful today and would like to know why in the United States eagle eggs are better protected than our children. I would like to know how you think it's okay to kill something that has a heartbeat, a hand, a face, and is LIVING and GROWING inside of someone? This is MURDER.

Have I no right to life?

It's the women choice since you are part of her it's her choice what she can do with you it's not the governments choice okay that's why I'm pro-choice life doesn't being till your breathing on your own.

Hiddenrun
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hiddenrun » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:09 pm

I support the father's right to have a say in abortion. I don't oppose abortion per se. In your case, however, I would not support the father's say in the issue. Had your mom aborted you, I would have had no problem with it.
Holder of unpopular opinions.

Hydesland
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Hydesland » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:09 pm

Quotation Marks wrote:How are they not people?

Because their definition of personhood says so. Another argument is that a woman's right to bodily integrity overrides the fetus' right to life.

City of Norfolk
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby City of Norfolk » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:10 pm

I applaud you for standing up for your beliefs. :clap:

Member of NEMA
Star Alliance Member
Member of the Western Coalition
Member of SCUTUM
Member of GDF
Member of the Commonwealth of Sovereign Nations
Member of League of the Entente
Currently holds 60 Nuclear Warheads
-
“The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, self-appointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny”---James Madison

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:10 pm

Quotation Marks wrote:I am the child of a rape victim. Yeah, the child of the rapist and my mom. I would have been aborted if my mom would've had access to that.

Have I no right to life?

What are you complaining about?

There are no 'rights' except as societal constructs.

There is no intrinsic right to life.
I identify as
a problem

WWII History Geeks
Minister

Founded: Mar 12, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby WWII History Geeks » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:10 pm

Iceland-Thule wrote:Good thing your mother didn't have an abortion. It should only be allowed if the mothers life is in danger.

Thank you. That's the right thing to do. Anyways, I feel sorry for you Quotation Marks. I know you're not trying to have a pity party or anything, but life must've been tough.

And really people, why aren't they considered people? And why do we protect Eagle eggs better than HUMANS?
The goldfish crackers will win. Do you know why they smile? Because when they get inside you they start eating you from the inside out.

Grandtaria: "I would rather live my life each day thinking there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than to live my thinking that there isn't and die to find out there is."
Conservative Morality: "When in Rome, do as the Romans. When out of Rome, do as the Romans anyway, it's not like anyone is ballsy enough to piss off Rome."

Finally fixed: The thread may be gone, but I'm still a "To Hell with This'er!," damnit! :D

Boob sisters with Celestial Divinities!

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:11 pm

What's your definition of 'people'?

Is a cancer a person? Is a corpse still a person?
I identify as
a problem

Hiddenrun
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Hiddenrun » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:12 pm

City of Norfolk wrote:I applaud you for standing up for your beliefs. :clap:

Buh? By what? Deciding not to abort himself?
Holder of unpopular opinions.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:12 pm

WWII History Geeks wrote:
Iceland-Thule wrote:Good thing your mother didn't have an abortion. It should only be allowed if the mothers life is in danger.

Thank you. That's the right thing to do. Anyways, I feel sorry for you Quotation Marks. I know you're not trying to have a pity party or anything, but life must've been tough.

And really people, why aren't they considered people? And why do we protect Eagle eggs better than HUMANS?

Because there are like 12 eagles.

We're hardly on the brink of extinction.
I identify as
a problem

Quotation Marks
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Quotation Marks » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:12 pm

A human being that grows and supports itself, even in a miniscule way.

Vervaria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Vervaria » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:12 pm

Grave_n_idle wrote:

Bald Eagles have been doing much better in recent times actually, but that's beside the point.
A human being that grows and supports itself, even in a miniscule way.

Technically speaking, does it support itself until outside the mother's body?
Last edited by Vervaria on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lulz: viewtopic.php?p=2707685#p2707685
Fact book
Robustian wrote:If you disagree with me, you are wrong. Period.

Ashmoria wrote:it worries me more when people who hate the government and dont think it can do a good job at anything get into power and start running things.

Wanderjar wrote:hiding behind this "I WANT SOURCES" wall is very quaint

Self--Esteem wrote:No. I love smearing those people who evidently like their country blown by a nuke and who are too foolish to realise that middle-eastern terrorism is nothing to be fond of.

Novistranaya wrote:After the Civil War, the majority of Southerners were more than happy to accept defeat and acknowledge the fact that (though not immediately) blacks were going to have the same rights as them.

Rhodmhire
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodmhire » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:13 pm

Normally I'd crack a rape joke, but this is kind of a sad situation for me to do so, so I won't.

Unless of course you're lying to try and make the NSG community feel pity for you in an attempt to shift their perspectives on the issue of abortion concerning rape victims, or abortion in general.

The latter of the two is growing more and more likely in my mind as I type this.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, it's just the Internet theorems and all:

Hot girl = 40 year old male

Olympic champion = Internet tough guy = Not Olympic champion

Increase in respect = Decrease in social activity

And the likes, you know it just goes that way at times.
Last edited by Rhodmhire on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Part of me grew up here. But part of growing up is leaving parts of ourselves behind.

Rolling squid
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Rolling squid » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:13 pm

Because they are not alive. They cannot support themselves on their own, if removed from the womb, a fetus will cease to function even on the minimal level it was before removal. Abortion while the fetus needs the mother to survive is not murder any more than removing a tapeworm is. After a fetus is self sufficient is a more grey area, however I would still say that the right of the mother trumps the right of the infant.
Hammurab wrote:An athiest doesn't attend mass, go to confession, or know a lot about catholicism. So basically, an athiest is the same as a catholic.

Post-Unity Terra wrote:Golly gosh, one group of out-of-touch rich white guys is apparently more in touch with the average man than the other group of out-of-touch rich white guys.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:13 pm

Quotation Marks wrote:A human being that grows and supports itself, even in a miniscule way.

That's your idea of a definition? To use a similarly nebulous term?

Okay - then what constitutes 'a human being'?
I identify as
a problem

WWII History Geeks
Minister

Founded: Mar 12, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby WWII History Geeks » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:14 pm

Vervaria wrote:
Grave_n_idle wrote:

Bald Eagles have been doing much better in recent times actually, but that's beside the point.

Aren't humans superior to a stupid bird anyways? I mean, of course I don't want them to go extinct, but we can think, create tools and inventions. I'd like to see an eagle surf the web.
The goldfish crackers will win. Do you know why they smile? Because when they get inside you they start eating you from the inside out.

Grandtaria: "I would rather live my life each day thinking there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than to live my thinking that there isn't and die to find out there is."
Conservative Morality: "When in Rome, do as the Romans. When out of Rome, do as the Romans anyway, it's not like anyone is ballsy enough to piss off Rome."

Finally fixed: The thread may be gone, but I'm still a "To Hell with This'er!," damnit! :D

Boob sisters with Celestial Divinities!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General