NATION

PASSWORD

Chick-Fil-A Apppreciation Day

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

L Ron Cupboard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby L Ron Cupboard » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:26 am

Retro Lyra wrote:
L Ron Cupboard wrote:
If you write sentences like that, you shouldn't be surprised if people don't understand your intended meaning.

Have pity on me. It's 7 AM and I haven't been able to go to sleep for a few days.

Ah, in that case you are doing better than I would.
A leopard in every home, you know it makes sense.

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 28, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:28 am

L Ron Cupboard wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:
Have pity on me. It's 7 AM and I haven't been able to go to sleep for a few days.

Ah, in that case you are doing better than I would.

Thanks, I think I'm doing a remarkable job making as little spelling errors as possible myself. Seriously, I keep spelling words wrong. :? This message needed to be fine combed before posting, lest i getz pwned be teh oldr nationals.
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:So, does this mean that since I'm white and my boyfriend is spanish he's going to rob all my money from me, scream "Hasta la vista!", and drive off into the sunset in a stolen car? Good to know.

Any time now, Lyra. Any time. Watch your car keys.

And your weed stash.

And your bedroom door. Chances are, he'll rape you first, the Genocidal Bastard.

Equestrian States wrote:Retro Lyra is actually an all-female corporation of puppet-manufacturers.

Chyeknovostan Republic
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chyeknovostan Republic » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:29 am

Genivaria wrote:
Chyeknovostan Republic wrote:
Personally? I think his business should be completely shutdown or given new management. I don't believe in any economic or political area should you mix your religious values with your profession lest it is required to do so i.e. priest. Essentially, keep religion out of economics, and politics. Man seems like a nut.

He IS a nut.
But shutting down his business simply because we don't like his beliefs not only violates the Establishment Clause it also sets a VERY bad precedent which says that any businessmen who says something the government doesn't like can get shut down.
Thats not ok.

Point? I hate private businesses. They need a leash anyways.
Chyekish Soviet Union

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:44 am

Genivaria wrote:He IS a nut.
But shutting down his business simply because we don't like his beliefs not only violates the Establishment Clause it also sets a VERY bad precedent which says that any businessmen who says something the government doesn't like can get shut down.
Thats not ok.

Point? I hate private businesses. They need a leash anyways.

What you are proposing is tyranny! >:(

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:06 am

Genivaria wrote:
Personally? I think his business should be completely shutdown or given new management. I don't believe in any economic or political area should you mix your religious values with your profession lest it is required to do so i.e. priest. Essentially, keep religion out of economics, and politics. Man seems like a nut.

He IS a nut.
Thats not ok.

You make a good point, it is not the governments place to shut his business down. It is however, ok for people to say, " I am not giving this guy my business and money. Because I don't like him or his views". I for one, am going to miss the waffle fries, but until they apologize, I will get my grilled chicken sandwhiches elsewhere.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

The Realm of God
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Realm of God » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:14 am

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a proposition. Let's go to KFC, for some non bigoted, finger lickin' chicken.
British, Orthodox Christian, humanist and stoic.

Pro. Disraelian Progressive Conservatism, One Nation Toryism, Distributionism, Civil Liberties, Pro UK, Pro US Constitution. Pro USA.

Progressive Conservative Economic Right: 0.38 Social Libertarian -2.00.

Christian Democrat NSG Senate.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:35 am

The Realm of God wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a proposition. Let's go to KFC, for some non bigoted, finger lickin' chicken.

Here, here.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:41 am

The reactions here are why we area divided country.

A man giving an opinion should not be grounds to cease doing bussiness with him. We are a country with a multitude of viewpoints and beliefs why is this belief the one we can not tolerate?

It would be one thing if he denied services to gay customers or fire employees solely for being gay, but really all that we have is an opinion we disagree with. Suddenly in this country anyone who disagrees must be isolated and cast out from the rest of society seems rather harsh does it not ?
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:42 am

The Realm of God wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a proposition. Let's go to KFC, for some non bigoted, finger lickin' chicken.

Sadly we don't have it, otherwise I'd go. :(

The Taryegeans
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Taryegeans » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:47 am

Naaah. Considering that KFC is gross and that the owner of a private buisness has a right to believe what he wants in a company that has always been a Christian company. Plus, Chik-Fil-A is delicious.

Adafdfadfasdf
Diplomat

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Adafdfadfasdf » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:57 am

The Taryegeans wrote:

Naaah. Considering that KFC is gross and that the owner of a private buisness has a right to believe what he wants in a company that has always been a Christian company. Plus, Chik-Fil-A is delicious.

Well, you can support the bigot and his overprocessed food. I'll be eating an organically grown, free-range chicken from my neighbor down the street.
Bucky Katt- Hey, I’ll tolerate ‘em when they stop being freaks and act like me.

Raeyh
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Raeyh » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:59 am

Adafdfadfasdf wrote:
The Taryegeans wrote:

Well, you can support the bigot and his overprocessed food. I'll be eating an organically grown, free-range chicken from my neighbor down the street.

Is your neighbor really a chicken farmer? Where do you live?

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:02 pm

greed and death wrote:The reactions here are why we area divided country.

A man giving an opinion should not be grounds to cease doing bussiness with him. We are a country with a multitude of viewpoints and beliefs why is this belief the one we can not tolerate?

It would be one thing if he denied services to gay customers or fire employees solely for being gay, but really all that we have is an opinion we disagree with. Suddenly in this country anyone who disagrees must be isolated and cast out from the rest of society seems rather harsh does it not ?

And donates money and services to organizations actively trying to limit the rights of a group...that's a tad more than just 'having an opinion.'

Plus, I don't hang out with people who have shitty bigoted opinions, why would I shop with people with shitty bigoted opinions?
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Mirkana
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 08, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Mirkana » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:05 pm

L Ron Cupboard wrote:Does anybody in the US ever cook a meal, from scratch using raw unprocessed ingredients, because the way fast food chain names are bandied about it gives the impression you all just eat takeout?

I have. It's called scrambled eggs. Just eggs, butter, and salt to taste.
Impeach Ramses, Legalize Monotheism, Slavery is Theft, MOSES 1400 BCE

Pro: Democracy, Egalitarianism, Judaism, Separation of Church and State, Israel, Arab Spring, Gay Rights, Welfare, Universal Healthcare, Regulated Capitalism, Scientific Rationalism, Constitutional Monarchy
Against: Dictatorships, Racism, Nazism, Theocracy, Anti-Semitism, Sexism, Homophobia, Imperialism, Creationism, Genocide, Slavery

Alien Space Bats wrote:
Rokartian States wrote:There sure is a lot of damning and fucking going around in here. :lol:

It's the international nature of the board.

In some places, it's Saturday night; in other places, Sunday morning.

Blazedtown wrote:Because every decision ever is a secret conspiracy to keep the brothers down.

The Taryegeans
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Taryegeans » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:06 pm

Adafdfadfasdf wrote:
The Taryegeans wrote:

I will do so gladly.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:07 pm

Adafdfadfasdf wrote:
The Taryegeans wrote:

Just don't let him catch you shopping in his back yard.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Raeyh
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Raeyh » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:09 pm

L Ron Cupboard wrote:Does anybody in the US ever cook a meal, from scratch using raw unprocessed ingredients, because the way fast food chain names are bandied about it gives the impression you all just eat takeout?

What do you considered "processed?"

Orlkjestad
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 31, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Orlkjestad » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:10 pm

Well, I made a sandwich. Once.
The Reformed Republican Union Of Orlkjestad
Comrade-President Leon Palantine
Vice President Arcturo Tarentum
Secretary Of Foreign Affaires Marco Valentia
Storefronts: They're all under construction, please go away
Alliances: Forever alone
Other Threads: The Severan Faith
Alert Levels
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Terrorism Alert Levels: [Low] Guarded Elevated High Severe

"Although we see the world through different eyes, we share the same idea of paradise." -The Pet Shop Boys in Se A Vida E

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:11 pm

Raeyh wrote:

The last time it was alive was more than a day before dinnertime?
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Raeyh
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Raeyh » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:12 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Raeyh wrote:

The last time it was alive was more than a day before dinnertime?

That would rule out everything in a grocery store.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:15 pm

Raeyh wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:The last time it was alive was more than a day before dinnertime?

That would rule out everything in a grocery store.

Some people think so, yes. There are those lettuces that have the roots still attached, those are alive.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:16 pm

I disagree, I vote with my dollars, I suppprt business's that I think do the right thing, I do not give my money to people who I think do wrong. I do not only buy on price.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Raeyh
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Raeyh » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:18 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:I disagree, I vote with my dollars, I suppprt business's that I think do the right thing, I do not give my money to people who I think do wrong. I do not only buy on price.

I see. Who made that electronic device you are using access the Internet?

Menelmacar
Retired Moderator

Founded: Dec 18, 2002
Civil Rights Lovefest

Re: A Vision of Westeros (OOC; Players needed)

Postby Menelmacar » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:19 pm

I appreciate Chick-fil-A. They have a superior and delicious product. Best chicken sammiches, flaky and tender and moist with delicious liberal tears. Mmmm-mm.
Last edited by Menelmacar on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The elves will do what is right, not what is on paper." ~Sunset
"We can't go around supporting The Good Of All Things. People might mistake us for Menelmacar." ~Education Minister Lobon of Kn-Yan
"Do you realize you're trying to sell resources to Menelmafuckingcar? Their resource base is larger than Melkor's ego." ~Advisor Julius Razak, Foot-to-Ass Section, Scolopendra
"I started on NS at a time when elf genocides were daily occurrences from week old nations wanting to get ortilleried by Menelmacar." ~Resurgent Dream
"Nothing here but rich-ass elves. Just...running the world. And shopping." ~Officer Daryl Ward, LAPD

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:24 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:

I disagree, I vote with my dollars, I suppprt business's that I think do the right thing, I do not give my money to people who I think do wrong. I do not only buy on price.

If the money the customer pays goes to activities the customer doesn't like, then it's their choice not to give them any more money.

And before someone gets the crazy idea to extrapolate this to do tax evasion to screw over the government; no, this doesn't apply to the public sector.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General