NATION

PASSWORD

Chick-Fil-A Apppreciation Day

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 28, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:13 am

Unilisia wrote:
Revolutopia wrote:
Flaming Christians?

But on topic: Is this any surprise coming from a man who thinks we should change American law to follow Christian law?

Is that baby shitting fire balls?

Your guess is as good as mine.
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:So, does this mean that since I'm white and my boyfriend is spanish he's going to rob all my money from me, scream "Hasta la vista!", and drive off into the sunset in a stolen car? Good to know.

Any time now, Lyra. Any time. Watch your car keys.

And your weed stash.

And your bedroom door. Chances are, he'll rape you first, the Genocidal Bastard.

Equestrian States wrote:Retro Lyra is actually an all-female corporation of puppet-manufacturers.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:15 am

What a stupid name.
The blue sky above beckons us to take our freedom, to paint our path across its vastness. Across a million blades of grass, through the roars of our elation and a thousand thundering hooves, we begin our reply.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:30 am

Forster Keys wrote:What a stupid name.

For the day or the company (which appears to be in fast food)? Both are idiotically daft names created by half-wits and dunder heads.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:35 am

Eat More Cow.

Chyeknovostan Republic
Minister

Founded: May 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chyeknovostan Republic » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:35 am

Retro Lyra wrote:Article can be found here.

As many of you have heard, Chick-fil-a has had quite a lot of anger and hatred pointed toward it because of their anti-gay status. Apparently, Mike Huckabee has had enough of this, and has decided to make August 1 "Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day". His words on the matter:

The goal is simple: Let's affirm a business that operates on Christian principles and whose executives are willing to take a stand for the Godly values we espouse by simply showing up and eating at Chick Fil-A on Wednesday, August 1. Too often, those on the left make corporate statements to show support for same sex marriage, abortion, or profanity, but if Christians affirm traditional values, we're considered homophobic, fundamentalists, hate-mongers, and intolerant.

So far, 8,000 people have signed up to participate in the event. What are your opinions on the matter, NS? Personally, I believe he has the right to believe what he wants, and if he wants to throw his faith into the Bible, so be it. I do not like this entire celebration, however. It gives off the stink of "shove your morales down everyone's throat".

As one comment on the article read, "I will be celebrating Chik-Fil-A day at Popeyes."

Personally? I think his business should be completely shutdown or given new management. I don't believe in any economic or political area should you mix your religious values with your profession lest it is required to do so i.e. priest. Essentially, keep religion out of economics, and politics. Man seems like a nut.
Chyekish Soviet Union

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:44 am

Chyeknovostan Republic wrote:

As many of you have heard, Chick-fil-a has had quite a lot of anger and hatred pointed toward it because of their anti-gay status. Apparently, Mike Huckabee has had enough of this, and has decided to make August 1 "Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day". His words on the matter:

So far, 8,000 people have signed up to participate in the event. What are your opinions on the matter, NS? Personally, I believe he has the right to believe what he wants, and if he wants to throw his faith into the Bible, so be it. I do not like this entire celebration, however. It gives off the stink of "shove your morales down everyone's throat".

As one comment on the article read, "I will be celebrating Chik-Fil-A day at Popeyes."

Personally? I think his business should be completely shutdown or given new management. I don't believe in any economic or political area should you mix your religious values with your profession lest it is required to do so i.e. priest. Essentially, keep religion out of economics, and politics. Man seems like a nut.

He IS a nut.
But shutting down his business simply because we don't like his beliefs not only violates the Establishment Clause it also sets a VERY bad precedent which says that any businessmen who says something the government doesn't like can get shut down.
Thats not ok.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:57 am

Forsher wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:What a stupid name.

For the day or the company (which appears to be in fast food)? Both are idiotically daft names created by half-wits and dunder heads.

It's not even a clever innuendo. It reminds me of oily food and cars driving around in a circle. Nationalise the place and change the name to something that doesn't inspire me to commit violence.
The blue sky above beckons us to take our freedom, to paint our path across its vastness. Across a million blades of grass, through the roars of our elation and a thousand thundering hooves, we begin our reply.

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:00 am

He may be one, but you can't start randomly shutting down buisnesses because your opinion doesn't match the one of another person's.
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:So, does this mean that since I'm white and my boyfriend is spanish he's going to rob all my money from me, scream "Hasta la vista!", and drive off into the sunset in a stolen car? Good to know.

And your weed stash.

And your bedroom door. Chances are, he'll rape you first, the Genocidal Bastard.

Equestrian States wrote:Retro Lyra is actually an all-female corporation of puppet-manufacturers.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:15 am

Revolutopia wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:
So we'll let the thing run its course until it either dies out, gets mereged, or gets locked due to flaming Christains.

Flaming Christians?

But on topic: Is this any surprise coming from a man who thinks we should change American law to follow Christian law?

And people wonder why I start to laugh like a hyena when they bring up sharia law as being a problem.

Retro Lyra wrote:

He may be one, but you can't start randomly shutting down buisnesses because your opinion doesn't match the one of another person's.
Except their opininon involves denying rights to a minority population based on a radical interpretation of a holy book.

This isn't a matter of "I don't like what you say because I'm personally offended." Their "opinion marginalizes defames and frankly abuses human beings and strips them of fundamental rights that everyone else has access to.

Besides, the food there sucks anyway.
Last edited by Northern Dominus on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Costa Fiero
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fiero » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:17 am

Is it just me or did anyone else think that Chick-Fil-A was a new burger from KFC?

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:46 am

Costa Fiero wrote:Is it just me or did anyone else think that Chick-Fil-A was a new burger from KFC?

It's not? :blink:
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005
Economic Left/Right: -2.62, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:46 am

Costa Fiero wrote:Is it just me or did anyone else think that Chick-Fil-A was a new burger from KFC?

No. I encountered it in relation to that muppet thread so until I got its Wikipedia article I assumed it was some sort of educationally interested thing. Which is strange now that I think about it, oh well.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:48 am

The goal is simple: Let's affirm a business that operates on Christian principles and whose executives are willing to take a stand for the Godly values we espouse by simply showing up and eating at Chick Fil-A on Wednesday, August 1. Too often, those on the left make corporate statements to show support for same sex marriage, abortion, or profanity, but if Christians affirm traditional values, we're considered homophobic, fundamentalists, hate-mongers, and intolerant.

I have never eaten at Chik-Fil-A. Doubt I'll ever will.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:49 am

The only thing that could top this comedy is a comment on CfA by George Takei.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:50 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I have never eaten at Chik-Fil-A. Doubt I'll ever will.
They serve dry tasteless chicken breaded with dry tasteless breading that's either too dry or too soggy with grease and slap it in a dry tasteless bun....oh and with two soggy pickles that make the ones you get from McDonalds look garden fresh by comparison.

Trust me, you're not missing much by not going there.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here

Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:53 am

Northern Dominus wrote:
Revolutopia wrote:
Flaming Christians?

And people wonder why I start to laugh like a hyena when they bring up sharia law as being a problem.

Retro Lyra wrote:
Except their opininon involves denying rights to a minority population based on a radical interpretation of a holy book.

This isn't a matter of "I don't like what you say because I'm personally offended." Their "opinion marginalizes defames and frankly abuses human beings and strips them of fundamental rights that everyone else has access to.

I am not supporting their beliefs, but you still cannot just take away one's buisness because they're not too bright. A stupid move to openly say that gays aren't normal or whatnot? Yes. An opinion? Yes. You can't take away a buisness based on a belief.
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

And your weed stash.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:56 am

Retro Lyra wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:And people wonder why I start to laugh like a hyena when they bring up sharia law as being a problem.

I am not supporting their beliefs, but you still cannot just take away one's buisness because they're not too bright. A stupid move to openly say that gays aren't normal or whatnot? Yes. An opinion? Yes. You can't take away a buisness based on a belief.

And consumers have a right to exercise their beliefs by not purchasing anything from a business with a view that offends them.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:05 am

Retro Lyra wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:And people wonder why I start to laugh like a hyena when they bring up sharia law as being a problem.

And if that statement had been worded to say black or lation or asian people you can bet there would be a massive shitstorm outside of the corporate headquarters and potentially an uncofortable degree of federal scrutinization.

But hate the gays? Sure why not, it's the new thing in bigotry.

So it's up to us consumers to starve them, which is what I was getting at.

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:08 am

Gauthier wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:

And consumers have a right to exercise their beliefs by not purchasing anything from a business with a view that offends them.

Exactly. I never denied that. I'm merely saying to imply that one can have someone's buisness taken away just because of different beliefs is, at its core, stupid.
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

And your weed stash.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:10 am

Retro Lyra wrote:

Why can't I? And, let's be clear--when we're talking about 'taking away their business' we're talking about me not going there. They're not entitled to my business. If I think that they're douchebags and fund douchy things with their profits, why can I not stop giving them money to help support their douchbaggery?
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:14 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:

Why can't I? And, let's be clear--when we're talking about 'taking away their business' we're talking about me not going there. They're not entitled to my business. If I think that they're douchebags and fund douchy things with their profits, why can I not stop giving them money to help support their douchbaggery?

That's not what I'm saying at all. When the first person wrote it, they meant literaly take the company's president and booting him. If he a superior it be possible but the head of a company probably won't get replaced.

Jesus, people. :meh:
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

And your weed stash.

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:18 am

Retro Lyra wrote:
The Andromeda Islands wrote:1) Mike Huckabee was once considered Presidential material. Those days are over!
2) Why would I care either way about a fast food chain I haven't visited in four years?

Thanks, but no thanks Mike. I'm thinking Arbys!

Blech, my mother went there once and claimed her burger was green. :?

It was St Patrick's Day
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

L Ron Cupboard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby L Ron Cupboard » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:19 am

Retro Lyra wrote: If he a superior it be possible but the head of a company probably won't get replaced.

If you write sentences like that, you shouldn't be surprised if people don't understand your intended meaning.
A leopard in every home, you know it makes sense.

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:20 am

L Ron Cupboard wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote: If he a superior it be possible but the head of a company probably won't get replaced.

If you write sentences like that, you shouldn't be surprised if people don't understand your intended meaning.

Have pity on me. It's 7 AM and I haven't been able to go to sleep for a few days.
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:

And your weed stash.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:26 am

Company acts in a discriminatory way. People boycott company because it acts in a discriminatory way.

People are against the Godly way Christianity espouses.

Makes sense.

Of course not.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General