NATION

PASSWORD

The anti-Occupy message of Batman [Spoilers inside]

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:56 pm

One could better argue it's a Christian message, evil is either wealthy elites who plunder the masses or an evil being bent on destruction, only a man who believes the people remain worth saving is able to save the day.

Also, Limbaugh is an idiot.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Dracoria
Senator

Founded: Oct 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dracoria » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:01 am

Hey, it's from a longrunning series concerning an obscenely wealthy businessman who also commits himself to vigilanteism, with likely illegal equipment, who no longer has to deal with his parents. He beats the crap out of misfits and the mentally ill. Face it, Batman is Texas.
Also, chocobos.

I show solidarity with the Tea Party by drinking more tea.
I show solidarity with Occupy Wall Street by painting my toilet as a police cruiser.

The Steel Magnolia
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Steel Magnolia » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:34 am

I still say Batman could donate 20 million to inner city education and cut crime by 50% in a heartbeat.

Andaluciae
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Andaluciae » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:36 am

Yuktova wrote:
Andaluciae wrote:Let's put it on the table: The Nolan Brothers are conservative. Tories in the tradition of Edmund Burke, not bloodthirsty Limbaugh radicals. They clearly don't like the language of radical revolutionary violence--but the imagery isn't that of Occupy--it's that of France during the Reign of Terror, the Soviet Union, or Ethiopia under Mengistu. The point is, under the rhetoric of equality and radical change, reside monstrous men of great violence.

Occupy is an inconsequential, ephemeral, clutch of losers and has-beens. They couldn't organize a weekly game of bingo, let alone a reign of terror. I'd love to see them try, though. It would be hilarious.

Because Jacque Fresco, Peter Joseph, the Zeitgeist Movement, several artists, and me are total losers :roll:
Go shovel your stupid shit somewhere else.

Today I learned the Zeitgeist weirdos are what passes for non-losers in the occupy movement. I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry at how pathetic that is. A clutch of antisemitic, conspiracy peddling, utopianist losers is what they are.
FreeAgency wrote:Shellfish eating used to be restricted to dens of sin such as Red Lobster and Long John Silvers, but now days I cannot even take my children to a public restaurant anymore (even the supposedly "family friendly ones") without risking their having to watch some deranged individual flaunting his sin...

Previous

Return to General