NATION

PASSWORD

Stance on Abortion?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Stance on Abortion

Pro-Choice (For Abortion)
65%
Pro-Life (Against Abortion)
26%
Neither/Other (Explain Below)
9%

Total votes : 775

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:55 pm

Aeravis wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:As much as I agree with you, whether or not God finds it right or wrong should not factor into whether the Law should find it right or wrong. To ban abortion would be a henious encroachment on the rights of people, and could lead to a slippery slope of banning things based on morallity.

The bible is the ultimate authority on what is right and what is wrong. "Sola Scriptura".

Just look at John 10:35 "If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;"

Peter 1:20-21 "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost"

Psalms 119:160 "Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever"

and finally Revelation 22:18-19 "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book: If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the Book of Life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book".

So, ignoring the non-believers and their own self-justifications, it's quite clear that no true Christian could ever be pro-choice.

The major flaw in your argument is that NOT EVERYONE IS A TRUE CHRISTIAN, OR A CHRISTIAN AT ALL.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:55 pm

Nidaria wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Reproduction was not created for any reason, and has no purpose besides what the participants give it.

You actively fight against women's rights when you deny them the right to bodily sovereignty.

Reproduction is for reproduction. Whatever purpose the participants give it has no bearing on it.
You actively fight against unborn children's rights when you deny them the right to bodily sovereignty.

What evidence do you have for this claim, considering the existence of contraception, and infertile persons?
They are committing a crime that can only be defended against with killing. Self defense with deadly force is legal when no other alternative is available, in most places.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:55 pm

Nidaria wrote:Law is based on morality. [url=
Nidaria wrote:]Morality, in turn, is based on the will of God.[/url] You may not like it, but it is one of the most important facts of life.

Yeah, no. It's based on biological and cultural circumstances.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:56 pm

Nidaria wrote:
Ceannairceach wrote:Reproduction was not created for any reason, and has no purpose besides what the participants give it.

You actively fight against women's rights when you deny them the right to bodily sovereignty.

Reproduction is for reproduction. Whatever purpose the participants give it has no bearing on it.
You actively fight against unborn children's rights when you deny them the right to bodily sovereignty.

Reproduction is for reproduction. Sex, while it can be for reproduction, can also be for enjoyment.
~~~~~~~~

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:56 pm

Nidaria wrote:
Hathradic States wrote:As much as I agree with you, whether or not God finds it right or wrong should not factor into whether the Law should find it right or wrong. To ban abortion would be a henious encroachment on the rights of people, and could lead to a slippery slope of banning things based on morallity.

Law is based on morality. Morality, in turn, is based on the will of God. You may not like it, but it is one of the most important facts of life.

Maybe in countries like Iran or the like.

In most modern Western countries, we've secularized law to (usually) be centered around either natural rights and/or pragmatic concerns for what that law could accomplish.

Hence why something can be IMMORAL (yelling 'death to the Jews' because you're a Nazi, etc.) but not ILLEGAL. Because morality isn't in fact connected to Law in any but the most strenuous and stretched meaning of the words (Drug laws are still based on morality oftentimes for example, etc.)
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

Aeravis
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeravis » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:56 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Aeravis wrote:
The bible is the ultimate authority on what is right and what is wrong. "Sola Scriptura".

Just look at John 10:35 "If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;"

Peter 1:20-21 "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost"

Psalms 119:160 "Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever"

and finally Revelation 22:18-19 "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book: If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the Book of Life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book".

So, ignoring the non-believers and their own self-justifications, it's quite clear that no true Christian could ever be pro-choice.

The major flaw in your argument is that NOT EVERYONE IS A TRUE CHRISTIAN, OR A CHRISTIAN AT ALL.

Christian or not, you will still face judgement by the LORD one day.
And as it was written in the scriptures, so it is in my life.

Psalm 23:1-4 "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me"

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:57 pm

Nidaria wrote:

Law is based on morality. Morality, in turn, is based on the will of God. You may not like it, but it is one of the most important facts of life.

Morallity is based on one's view of the world around them, and what they preceive as right or wrong. For some, they base it on what their god or gods may have told them, for others they base it on harming other things, and for the final group they base it on what serves them.

Laws are based more on the concept of individual rights, rights of ownership, and how far the government goes. There is no religious text I am aware of that states that man should be able to speak his mind, yet we find it immoral to restrict the right to speech. Nowhere does it say that a man has the right to defend himself, but it is legal to.

With abortion, it is a moral issue that not everbody agrees on. The only logical grounds to ban it on are religious concepts, which the US cannot act upon because of the 1st Amendment.

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:57 pm

Aeravis wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:The major flaw in your argument is that NOT EVERYONE IS A TRUE CHRISTIAN, OR A CHRISTIAN AT ALL.

Unless he's not real (as I choose to believe), in which case I won't.
~~~~~~~~

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:57 pm

Aeravis wrote:Pastafarian or not, you will still face judgement by the LORD Flying Spaghetti Monster one day.

Big mistake there.
Last edited by Mavorpen on Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:57 pm

Aeravis wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:The major flaw in your argument is that NOT EVERYONE IS A TRUE CHRISTIAN, OR A CHRISTIAN AT ALL.

The only lord I serve is myself. Your god means nothing to me.

@}-;-'---

"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most..." -Mark Twain

Nordengrund
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordengrund » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:58 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Aeravis wrote:

Unless he's not real (as I choose to believe), in which case I won't.

Just because you deny the existence of something does not mean it is not real. Just because I deny evolution does not mean it did not happen.
1 John 1:9

Nidaria
Senator

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nidaria » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:58 pm

Mavorpen wrote:The unborn have no rights, nor are they children.
Nidaria wrote:The fact that they are not conscious or in possession of their faculties does not deprive them of personhood. A person in a coma must not be euthanized, especially if it is known that he will wake up within a few months.

I still don't care if they're a person. Anti-euthanasia is dumber than pro-life.

So you are in favor of denying rights to human beings and killing innocent people? Alas, hundreds of millions of people will be killed by sharers of your ideology in the years to come. Fifty years from now, look back upon my statement, if you are still alive. I have nothing else to say to mass murderers.
"He who denies the existence of God has some reason for wishing that God did not exist." --St. Augustine
"There is only one difference between genius and stupidity: genius has limits." --Albert Einstein
"When statesmen forsake their own private conscience for the sake of their public duties... they lead their country by a short route to chaos." --St. Thomas More
Anti-gay, Pro-life, Traditionalist, Libertarian, Non-interventionist, Loyal Roman Catholic
Cosmopolitan/Nationalistic 25%
Secular/Fundamentalist 67%
Visionary/Reactionary 21%
Anarchistic/Authoritarian 6%
Communist/Capitalist 41%
Pacifist/Militaristic 7%
Ecological/Anthropocentric 52%

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:59 pm

Nordengrund wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Unless he's not real (as I choose to believe), in which case I won't.

Just because you deny the existence of something does not mean it is not real. Just because I deny evolution does not mean it did not happen.

No, but it does mean you know nothing about science. And this is a stupid analogy. One has evidence, the other does not.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Nidaria wrote:

I still don't care if they're a person. Anti-euthanasia is dumber than pro-life.

So you are in favor of denying rights to human beings and killing innocent people? Alas, hundreds of millions of people will be killed by sharers of your ideology in the years to come. Fifty years from now, look back upon my statement, if you are still alive. I have nothing else to say to mass murderers.

Hmm. Tell me, how many people died in Noah's Flood?
~~~~~~~~

Hungry
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hungry » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Pro-Cupcakes.

Everyone should be given a cupcake.
Thomas Insaniac
Minister of Foreign Relations of the Kingdom of_Merridel

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Nidaria wrote:So you are in favor of denying rights to human beings and killing innocent people?

It's not innocent, I'm not denying anything rights.
Nidaria wrote:Alas, hundreds of millions of people will be killed by sharers of your ideology in the years to come. Fifty years from now, look back upon my statement, if you are still alive. I have nothing else to say to mass murderers.

That's nice. I've never murdered anyone. Are you done with the straw men?

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Nidaria wrote:

Fetuses are not innocent. Also, killing a fetus is not murder.

Your appeals to emotion are, once more, laughable and ignored.

@}-;-'---

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Aeravis wrote:

Yes, but a true Christian would not force his views on others. Christ did not come to earth to force the Jews to follow his teachings, and scorned those who attempted to force their ways on others (the exact verse leaves me at this momment). To force others to believe the way you do and to make them follow your rules is also a sin in the eyes of the Lord.

Final text here.

Ceannairceach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ceannairceach » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Hungry wrote:Pro-Cupcakes.

You pro-obesity, socialist scum!

;)

@}-;-'---

Aeravis
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeravis » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:01 pm

Revelation 21:8 "But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death."

The faithless will not escape eternal damnation simply because they do not acknowledge the LORD's existence.

Romans 1:19-20 "For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse"
And as it was written in the scriptures, so it is in my life.

Psalm 23:1-4 "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me"

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:02 pm

Aeravis wrote:Revelation 21:8 "But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death."

The faithless will not escape eternal damnation simply because they do not acknowledge the LORD's existence.

Romans 1:19-20 "For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse"

You're preaching to the choir. The problem is, no one outside the choir (see: people who aren't Christian) is listening.
~~~~~~~~

Hungry
Diplomat

Postby Hungry » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:02 pm

Ceannairceach wrote:

You pro-obesity, socialist scum!

;)

I assure Comrade, I am no Socialist Scum. I am a Socialist Baker.

Who said the cupcakes needed frosting, we can top the cupcakes with vegetable shaped frosting
Thomas Insaniac

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:02 pm

No. Waffles are better.

Final text here.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:02 pm

Aeravis wrote:Revelation 21:8 "But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death."

From the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster:
Ezekiel 23:20 (New International Version)
20 There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of linguine and whose emission was like that of marinara.

Hungry
Diplomat

Postby Hungry » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:03 pm

Hathradic States wrote:

No. Waffles are better.

Waffles are for the Elderly, Do you want to be the elderly?
Thomas Insaniac

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General