NATION

PASSWORD

Games of the XXX Olympiad (Official Thread)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Carbarosia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Carbarosia » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:24 am

Watching the Gymnastic Artistic now as the weightlifting has finished. I feel sorry for the Chinese athlete who didn't land properly and hit her face off the floor. Luckily, it was on a padded surface.
equality and freedom for everyone. protect the environment.
fictional views held by the nation "carbarosia" may not reflect my own.

TaQud
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:26 am

Carbarosia wrote: I feel sorry for the Chinese athlete who didn't land properly and hit her face off the floor. Luckily, it was on a padded surface.

i wonder how other americans are reacting to that
CENTRIST Economic Left/Right: 0.62 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46
List Your Sexuality, nickname(s), NSG Family and Friends, your NS Boyfriend or Girlfriend, gender, favorite quotes and anything else that shows your ego here.
(Because I couldn't live without knowing who was part of NSG Family or what your nickname was. I was panicking for days! I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep I was so worried that I'd would never know and have to live without knowing this! /sarcasm)
2013 Best signature Award

Serrland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Serrland » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:26 am

Mexico's youngsters look really good, too. Should have been about 6 or 7 to nil against Gabon the way they dominated. I'm wondering if their earlier draw was just one of those flukes that seems to happen a lot at the Olympics.

Mesoland
Senator

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mesoland » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:29 am

Why do the Americans think they have any chance of beating China in the medal table?

TaQud
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:32 am

Mesoland wrote:Why do the Americans think they have any chance of beating China in the medal table?

Our American Atitude Maybe?
List Your Sexuality, nickname(s), NSG Family and Friends, your NS Boyfriend or Girlfriend, gender, favorite quotes and anything else that shows your ego here.
(Because I couldn't live without knowing who was part of NSG Family or what your nickname was. I was panicking for days! I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep I was so worried that I'd would never know and have to live without knowing this! /sarcasm)

TaQud
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:37 am

I wish the Olympics Theme was "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" by Tears For Fears...

Licentiapacisterra
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Licentiapacisterra » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:50 am

Watching the Women's Team Archery. I have no clue why, but it's not that bad an event.
This nation has now been reformed as the Licentian Isles. Please direct anything intended for me to that nation.

Vitius
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitius » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:50 am

Mesoland wrote:Why do the Americans think they have any chance of beating China in the medal table?

How would you define 'beating'?

I think that the U.S. has a very small chance at beating China in the number of golds but a pretty large one at recieving the most medals in total.

China has some great athletes, yes. But we have more bronzes and silvers.
Last edited by Vitius on Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bambi Praxis wrote:
4years wrote:Hitler was worse, but I hate stalin more.

Maintain the rage! Spell the bastard's name without a capital letter, that will settle the score!
Proud Reform Jew

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:07 am

I love that the Russian Gold Medalist already paid a visit to Krymsk, a Russian city that was heavily damaged by the disaster, in order to cheer up the city's residents, and meet his girlfriend, and that the Russian press actually did something good, and gave him some privacy with his girl. Go Galstyan!
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

TaQud
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:08 am

Shofercia wrote: a Russian city that was heavily damaged by the disaster

:eyebrow:

Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazis in Space » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:10 am

Vitius wrote:

How would you define 'beating'?

I think that the U.S. has a very small chance at beating China in the number of golds but a pretty large one at recieving the most medals in total.

Mediocrity.

The new standard America strieves for.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:10 am

TaQud wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/floods-kill-53-so ... 04225.html

I meant flood, not the Olympics Games!
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Vitius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vitius » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:11 am

TaQud wrote:

That's a nice reaction to the death of 140 people in Krymsk alone.
Bambi Praxis wrote:

Maintain the rage! Spell the bastard's name without a capital letter, that will settle the score!
Proud Reform Jew

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:11 am

Cause it's been less than two days?

Serrland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Serrland » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:11 am

TaQud wrote:

I assume the massive and deadly flooding earlier this month. I think local officials are getting in serious legal trouble over it, too, but don't quote me on that.

Edit: ninja'd
Last edited by Serrland on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

TaQud
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:11 am

Vitius wrote:
TaQud wrote: :eyebrow:

That's a nice reaction to the death of 140 people in Krymsk alone.

well i didn't know...
Last edited by TaQud on Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vitius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vitius » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:12 am

Nazis in Space wrote:
Vitius wrote:How would you define 'beating'?

Mediocrity.

The new standard America strieves for.

I would rather have a gigantic group of silver and bronze athletes than an assortment of gold athletes.

Still, that's not to say that the U.S. doesn't win quite a bit of gold medals.
Bambi Praxis wrote:

Proud Reform Jew

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:15 am

TaQud wrote:
Vitius wrote:That's a nice reaction to the death of 140 people in Krymsk alone.

well i didn't know...

Google exists.

Serrland wrote:
TaQud wrote: :eyebrow:

I assume the massive and deadly flooding earlier this month. I think local officials are getting in serious legal trouble over it, too, but don't quote me on that.

Edit: ninja'd

Yep, they were: http://en.gazeta.ru/news/2012/07/23/a_4690293.shtml

Russia's Investigative Committee (IC) has announced the list of officials who may be guilty of not warning residents of the southern city of Krymsk about flash floods which killed at least 171 people on July 7.

"The suspects are the Krymsk district head Vasiliy Krut'ko, Krymsk mayor Vladimir Ulanovskiy, the head of the Nizhnekabanskoe village Irina Ryabchenko, and the deputy head of emergency situation warning agency Viktor Zhdanov," the IC spokesman said to Gazeta.ru.

The Jahistic Unified Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jahistic Unified Republic » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:16 am

Everyone else thinks so.

<Koyro> (Democratic Koyro) NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
The Emerald Dawn wrote:"Considering Officer Krupke was patently idiotic to charge these young men in the first place, we're dropping the charges in the interest of not wasting any more of the Judiciary's time with farcical charges brought by officers who require more training on basic legal principles."

Baseball is Best Sport. Life long StL Fan.

Vitius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vitius » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:16 am

Shofercia wrote:

^
We haven't finished basketball, gymnastics, boxing, tennis, athletics (especially), etc.
Bambi Praxis wrote:

Proud Reform Jew

TaQud
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:16 am

The Jahistic Unified Republic wrote:

Everyone else thinks so.

And I agree with Everyone

TaQud
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:17 am

Vitius wrote:
Shofercia wrote:

^
We haven't finished basketball

what competition is there for America in the Olympics? (might as well give us the Americans)

Nazis in Space
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazis in Space » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:23 am

I like the basically cinematic style of the fencer's introduction, too (Which I missed yesterday). Could be a film or vidya.

Vitius
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Vitius » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:25 am

TaQud wrote:
Vitius wrote:^
We haven't finished basketball

what competition is there for America in the Olympics? (might as well give us the Americans)

If I recall correctly, I think Spain is a rival.

Still, I believe that they got rid of softball because the U.S. pretty much blew every nation out of the water except for Japan in 2008. The same thing can be said about China in table tennis.
Bambi Praxis wrote:

Proud Reform Jew

TaQud
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:27 am

Vitius wrote:
TaQud wrote:what competition is there for America in the Olympics? (might as well give us the Americans)

If I recall correctly, I think Spain is a rival.

we already beat them in an exhibition match

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General