NATION

PASSWORD

Civil War in Syria, what do you think?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

West Vandengaarde
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby West Vandengaarde » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:32 am

Wamitoria wrote:
West Vandengaarde wrote:First you cite a Jewish news source. One point docked.
Second, thousands of protesters is NOT a popular movement, and 10 killed from thousands points to it not being a massacre of protesters but perhaps riot prevention.

Oh my fucking god. Yep, it's the Jews trying to start shit in Syria. Obviously.

Goddamn your post is fucking stupid.

I didn't even say that. Jewish news sources are biased.
"Conscious of my own weakness, I can only seek fervently the guidance of the Ruler of the Universe, and, relying on His all-powerful aid, do my best to restore Union and peace to a suffering people, and to establish and guard their liberties and rights." - George B. McClellan

Exi1and
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Exi1and » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:32 am

Shofercia wrote:
Exi1and wrote:
I do not understand. You are talking about the war against Georgia in 2008?

Google "William Tecumseh Sherman" ;)

Yes, I understand what you mean now. Al-Assad should march to the Tigris, any city on his way to resist to be fully destroyed with the artillery.

Helcasia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Helcasia » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:35 am

Tubbsalot wrote:
Sedikal wrote:Just let I happen

Jesus.

How a person can have so little compassion is beyond me.

Psychosis?
Empathy Deficit Disorder?
Politician?
Last edited by Helcasia on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:35 am

West Vandengaarde wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Yes, and the Jewish lizard-people are causing the uprising in order to further the imperialist ambitions of the rothchilds.

For fuck sake, listen to yourself. You sound like a goddamn New Left nutcase from the late '60s.

I don't like violence. I don't like how the rebels are closely associated with Al Qaeda and other groups. I don't like how they slaughter Alawites and discriminate against Christians. I like the Assad presidency.

Christians and Muslims show solidarity in remembrance of the Homs massacres by the Assad government.
This former government official claims that the Syrian government has ties to Al Qaeda.
Wonder where all the good posters went? Look no further!

Hurry, before the Summer Nazis show up again!

Exi1and
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Exi1and » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:36 am

West Vandengaarde wrote:
Exi1and wrote:
The act of protest was one of rebellion, as the goal was to remove the legitimate government. Since then, the government was right to defend itself.

That was proven when, despite reforms being passed, they continued their murders. Had they laid down arms at least temporarily to allow the government to show it meant what it was doing, perhaps there could be sympathy for them, but at this point they are despicable.

It just shows that these democratic reforms will not work. Syria does not have to change their form of government, because some terrorists told them.

West Vandengaarde
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby West Vandengaarde » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:37 am

Wamitoria wrote:
West Vandengaarde wrote:I don't like violence. I don't like how the rebels are closely associated with Al Qaeda and other groups. I don't like how they slaughter Alawites and discriminate against Christians. I like the Assad presidency.

Christians and Muslims show solidarity in remembrance of the Homs massacres by the Assad government.
This former government official claims that the Syrian government has ties to Al Qaeda.

Some Christians are with the rebellion. Most are not.
That government official is a shill. That's why he left. The Assad regime is secular and moreover, Al Qaeda dislikes Shiites. Assad is a Shiite Alawite. Why would he have ties to Al Qaeda? That makes no sense.
Furthermore, as states earlier, a jihadist group claimed responsibility for the suicide bombing earlier.
"Conscious of my own weakness, I can only seek fervently the guidance of the Ruler of the Universe, and, relying on His all-powerful aid, do my best to restore Union and peace to a suffering people, and to establish and guard their liberties and rights." - George B. McClellan

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:37 am

West Vandengaarde wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Oh my fucking god. Yep, it's the Jews trying to start shit in Syria. Obviously.

The extreme majority of news sources on Syria are biased. It's a Civil War, and almost everyone's taking sides. Usually you have a biased news source from one side, countered by a biased news source from the other side. But apparently on Syria, if someone present RT people go "BIASED!" and "ALEX JONES!" and someone will certain spam "JEWS! ILLUMINATI!" but accepting Sky News is apparently "unbiased".

@Wami - he's saying that your sources are biased, not that you're trying to start shit. Granted, he should've said it better, but I think that was his point. Also, Sky News comment, not about you :P
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

West Vandengaarde
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby West Vandengaarde » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:38 am

Exi1and wrote:
West Vandengaarde wrote:That was proven when, despite reforms being passed, they continued their murders. Had they laid down arms at least temporarily to allow the government to show it meant what it was doing, perhaps there could be sympathy for them, but at this point they are despicable.

It just shows that these democratic reforms will not work. Syria does not have to change their form of government, because some terrorists told them.

I think it would be good if they could at least stop the violence though, through reform and mediation, and then the majority will either show solidarity with the current government or move somewhere else. Assad acknowledges this.

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:38 am

West Vandengaarde wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Oh my fucking god. Yep, it's the Jews trying to start shit in Syria. Obviously.

It was judged to be reliable enough to be used in a Wikipedia citation.

That being said, you probably think that all non-Russian news sources are biased.

West Vandengaarde
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby West Vandengaarde » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:39 am

Shofercia wrote:
West Vandengaarde wrote:I didn't even say that. Jewish news sources are biased.

The extreme majority of news sources on Syria are biased. It's a Civil War, and almost everyone's taking sides. Usually you have a biased news source from one side, countered by a biased news source from the other side. But apparently on Syria, if someone present RT people go "BIASED!" and "ALEX JONES!" and someone will certain spam "JEWS! ILLUMINATI!" but accepting Sky News is apparently "unbiased".

@Wami - he's saying that your sources are biased, not that you're trying to start shit. Granted, he should've said it better, but I think that was his point. Also, Sky News comment, not about you :P

Everything really is biased, which I think is why so many people either don't care or just blindly support rebels because the news says they support democracy and freedom.
I did mean that, I didn't mean Jews are always biased. It's just they have a readership which requires an agenda, which they gladly give to their readers.

Tmutarakhan
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 06, 2007
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tmutarakhan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:40 am

West Vandengaarde wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Um... you don't understand how totalitarian governments work, do you.

Source for government initiating violence.

First you cite a Jewish news source. One point docked.
Second, thousands of protesters is NOT a popular movement, and 10 killed from thousands points to it not being a massacre of protesters but perhaps riot prevention.

That's how you stop riots, all right, kill 10 today, and if that doesn't work start killing dozens a day, or hundreds a day. How's it working out for ya, huh? Them riots all calmed down now?
Life is a tragedy to those who feel, a comedy to those who think, and a musical to those who sing.

I am the very model of a Nation States General,
I am a holy terror to apologists Confederal,
When called upon to source a line, I give citations textual,
And argue about Palestine, and marriage homosexual!

A KNIGHT ON KARINZISTAN'S SPECIAL LIST OF POOPHEADS!

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:40 am

Source.
West Vandengaarde wrote:That government official is a shill.

Unverifiable opinion.
West Vandengaarde wrote:e Assad regime is secular and moreover, Al Qaeda dislikes Shiites. Assad is a Shiite Alawite. Why would he have ties to Al Qaeda? That makes no sense.

Al Qaeda goes after the US. Assad is deathly afraid of US intervention (and probably was more so following the botched Iraq War).

West Vandengaarde
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby West Vandengaarde » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:41 am

Tmutarakhan wrote:
West Vandengaarde wrote:First you cite a Jewish news source. One point docked.

That's how you stop riots, all right, kill 10 today, and if that doesn't work start killing dozens a day, or hundreds a day. How's it working out for ya, huh? Them riots all calmed down now?

It stopped being mere riots once they picked up guns and began shooting at soldiers and police.
The government cannot sit back and let soldiers be picked off, they have to fight and get rid of cells of "rebels". Otherwise they let themselves be killed. No sane ruler, democratic or not, would do that.

West Vandengaarde
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby West Vandengaarde » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:42 am

Wamitoria wrote:
West Vandengaarde wrote:Some Christians are with the rebellion. Most are not.

Source.
West Vandengaarde wrote:That government official is a shill.

Unverifiable opinion.
West Vandengaarde wrote:e Assad regime is secular and moreover, Al Qaeda dislikes Shiites. Assad is a Shiite Alawite. Why would he have ties to Al Qaeda? That makes no sense.

Al Qaeda goes after the US. Assad is deathly afraid of US intervention (and probably was more so following the botched Iraq War).

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162- ... -by-assad/ I respond to your video with a news source.
Ok, that is my opinion.
Al Qaeda tends to be rather...unwavering in its opinions, even to the point of insanity. I highly doubt they would ally themselves with Alawites.

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:43 am

West Vandengaarde wrote:I did mean that, I didn't mean Jews are always biased.

Says Jews aren't always biased
It's just they have a readership which requires an agenda, which they gladly give to their readers.

Says that all Jewish publications have an agenda.

Lol. Go back to Alex Jones and your crazy Illuminati conspiracies. They probably make more sense than the line of thought you're producing here along with your genocidal friend, Ex1land.
Last edited by Wamitoria on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Norjagen
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Norjagen » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:43 am

West Vandengaarde wrote:
Tmutarakhan wrote:That's how you stop riots, all right, kill 10 today, and if that doesn't work start killing dozens a day, or hundreds a day. How's it working out for ya, huh? Them riots all calmed down now?

It stopped being mere riots once they picked up guns and began shooting at soldiers and police.
The government cannot sit back and let soldiers be picked off, they have to fight and get rid of cells of "rebels". Otherwise they let themselves be killed. No sane ruler, democratic or not, would do that.

And if the soldiers were firing on protestors, rioting or not, then it's no longer a protest; it's a war.
Lunatic Goofballs wrote:The shoe is the pie of the Middle East. The poor bastards. :(

Economic Left/Right: -0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.33

Exi1and
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Exi1and » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:44 am

West Vandengaarde wrote:

Some Christians are with the rebellion. Most are not.
That government official is a shill. That's why he left. The Assad regime is secular and moreover, Al Qaeda dislikes Shiites. Assad is a Shiite Alawite. Why would he have ties to Al Qaeda? That makes no sense.
Furthermore, as states earlier, a jihadist group claimed responsibility for the suicide bombing earlier.

FSA also stated that they had committed the crime, which shows that the so-called rebels are actually in cahoots with the terrorist jihadists and should be called terrorists, too.

West Vandengaarde
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby West Vandengaarde » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:44 am

Wamitoria wrote:
West Vandengaarde wrote:I did mean that, I didn't mean Jews are always biased. [/url]
Says Jews aren't always biased

Says that all Jewish publications have an agenda.

Lol. Go back to Alex Jones and your crazy Illuminati conspiracies. They probably make more sense than the line of thought you're producing here along with your genocidal friend, Ex1land.

What?
Every news source has an agenda and in Israel it is no different, especially since they kind of have a love/hate relationship with Syria. (Ok, more the hate part.)
I don't listen to Alex Jones and think he's a rather odd person. I am not a conspiracy theorist. I supported intervention in Libya, pragmatically and slowly, but surely, I did.
Here I see things differently. My disagreement with you does not make me crazy. It makes me different.

West Vandengaarde
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby West Vandengaarde » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:45 am

Norjagen wrote:
West Vandengaarde wrote:It stopped being mere riots once they picked up guns and began shooting at soldiers and police.

And if the soldiers were firing on protestors, rioting or not, then it's no longer a protest; it's a war.

Ok, so when police fire tear gas and rubber bullets at protesters and one dies, it's a war?
I guess various U.S. protests were mini Civil Wars. Oops.
Last edited by West Vandengaarde on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:47 am

West Vandengaarde wrote:
Wamitoria wrote:Source.

Unverifiable opinion.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162- ... -by-assad/ I respond to your video with a news source.
Ok, that is my opinion.
Al Qaeda tends to be rather...unwavering in its opinions, even to the point of insanity. I highly doubt they would ally themselves with Alawites.

1. That source does still not contradict the video's proof that the rebels are not anti-Christian.
2. Your opinion.

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:47 am

West Vandengaarde wrote:
Norjagen wrote:And if the soldiers were firing on protestors, rioting or not, then it's no longer a protest; it's a war.

Ok, so when police fire tear gas and rubber bullets at protesters and one dies, it's a war?
I guess various U.S. protests were mini Civil Wars. Oops.

When you fire on protesters with AKMs, it's a war.

Stop being deliberately obtuse.

Andaluciae
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Andaluciae » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:47 am

Exi1and wrote:
West Vandengaarde wrote:Oh, so the Syrian army found where they all lived and shot artillery shells at their houses? Yeah, I doubt it.
And prove that the army initiated violence. Prove that said violence was unwarranted. Prove that the protesters didn't intent to start rebellion.

The act of protest was one of rebellion, as the goal was to remove the legitimate government. Since then, the government was right to defend itself.

There is nothing even remotely legitimate about the Assad regime. His father came to power through violence, and they both maintained power through immense violence. If legitimacy can spring forth from the barrel of a gun, then sure, they have legitimacy--but that's the logic of thugs and gangsters.
FreeAgency wrote:Shellfish eating used to be restricted to dens of sin such as Red Lobster and Long John Silvers, but now days I cannot even take my children to a public restaurant anymore (even the supposedly "family friendly ones") without risking their having to watch some deranged individual flaunting his sin...

West Vandengaarde
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby West Vandengaarde » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:48 am

Wamitoria wrote:
West Vandengaarde wrote:http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162- ... -by-assad/ I respond to your video with a news source.
Ok, that is my opinion.

1. That source does still not contradict the video's proof that the rebels are not anti-Christian.
2. Your opinion.

Your video proves SOME rebels aren't. It doesn't say anything about the majority, does it? Nope.
And no, that isn't my opinion. They don't unite populations against the U.S., they kill Shiites and unite Sunnis. Look at Iraq.

Exi1and
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Exi1and » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:48 am

West Vandengaarde wrote:
Exi1and wrote:

I think it would be good if they could at least stop the violence though, through reform and mediation, and then the majority will either show solidarity with the current government or move somewhere else. Assad acknowledges this.

The violence will stop when the terrorists have lost. Then al-Assad can decide whether he wants to reform government, but seeing as it had been committed to reform and betrayed, I would not suggest it again. When you give someone a gift, and they break it, you do not give them the same gift again.

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:48 am

Exi1and wrote:
West Vandengaarde wrote:Some Christians are with the rebellion. Most are not.

FSA also stated that they had committed the crime, which shows that the so-called rebels are actually in cahoots with the terrorist jihadists and should be called terrorists, too.

Oh please, either go back under your bridge or tell the people paying you to post here that it isn't worth it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General