NATION

PASSWORD

NFL Off-Season Discussion Thread *Over a year old!*

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Best Current Logo?

Ravens
52%
Saints
48%

Total votes : 42

TaQud
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:15 pm

Castille de Italia wrote:
Maurepas wrote:I simply find them pretentious. An entire NFL's worth of teams and they have the gall to call themselves "America's Team", fuck that bullshit.

Because we earned that name.. You know who the majority of Americans liked in the late 80's and the 90's? The Dallas Cowboys! The five championship team!

And in the Majority of Americans must've liked the Patriots/Steelers in the 00's given that logic
CENTRIST Economic Left/Right: 0.62 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46
List Your Sexuality, nickname(s), NSG Family and Friends, your NS Boyfriend or Girlfriend, gender, favorite quotes and anything else that shows your ego here.
(Because I couldn't live without knowing who was part of NSG Family or what your nickname was. I was panicking for days! I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep I was so worried that I'd would never know and have to live without knowing this! /sarcasm)
2013 Best signature Award

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:17 pm

Maurepas wrote:I simply find them pretentious. An entire NFL's worth of teams and they have the gall to call themselves "America's Team", fuck that bullshit.

Because we earned that name.. You know who the majority of Americans liked in the late 80's and the 90's? The Dallas Cowboys! The five championship team!

I'm not really sure what pointing out the multitudes of bandwagoners does to my point...In fact, saying they in any way "deserve" shit is kind of proof of it.

Castille de Italia
Minister

Founded: Mar 22, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:19 pm

Maurepas wrote:
Castille de Italia wrote:Because we earned that name.. You know who the majority of Americans liked in the late 80's and the 90's? The Dallas Cowboys! The five championship team!

I'm not really sure what pointing out the multitudes of bandwagoners does to my point...In fact, saying they in any way "deserve" shit is kind of proof of it.

It proves mine. Because Dallas had a large fanbase and a championship dynasty, it earned the title of America's Team.
The Castillian Federation | La Fédération Castillia
Fraternité sous notre Fédération

Main Directory | Dramatis Personae | Pan Dienstadi World Airways | Latest Political Crisis

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Maurepas wrote:I'm not really sure what pointing out the multitudes of bandwagoners does to my point...In fact, saying they in any way "deserve" shit is kind of proof of it.

It proves mine. Because Dallas had a large fanbase and a championship dynasty, it earned the title of America's Team.

"Had" being a key word, and I'm not sure you can call it a "base" of any kind(though, I'm not sure how you'd prove these large numbers even exist) when it left as soon as it came.

When's the last time they've won dick-anything anyway? And at any rate, that exact attitude of pretentious entitlement is exactly what I hate about the team.

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:22 pm

Maurepas wrote:I'm not really sure what pointing out the multitudes of bandwagoners does to my point...In fact, saying they in any way "deserve" shit is kind of proof of it.

couldnn't that arguement work with the Giants
and steelers
and Patriots
and 49ers

TaQud
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:22 pm

New Thread for the next season is here:

viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=20&t=251891

Please stop posting here and go to the new thread.
CENTRIST Economic Left/Right: 0.62 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46
List Your Sexuality, nickname(s), NSG Family and Friends, your NS Boyfriend or Girlfriend, gender, favorite quotes and anything else that shows your ego here.
(Because I couldn't live without knowing who was part of NSG Family or what your nickname was. I was panicking for days! I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep I was so worried that I'd would never know and have to live without knowing this! /sarcasm)
2013 Best signature Award

Previous

Return to General