NATION

PASSWORD

Anyone here who doesn't believe in evolution?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bottle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Bottle » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:56 am

Cypra Mundii wrote:Well I will have to go again. Life still getting in the way. I love all the information that you all have given me. Notice that we actually had a discussion, on evolution, without flaming! It can happen!

I must say, if a 19 year old college student who is a professing Christian can debate evolution with a microbiologist and 2-3 others by himself, any Christian can. Just know what evolution is before you debate it.

Been reading over the thread, and I'm not seeing this "debate" you're talking about.

I see a child repeating his catechism, and a bunch of patient adults trying to get him to use his OWN words to discuss a subject instead. I see an uninformed individual stating openly that he plans to read sources to determine how he disagrees with them, as he's already made up his mind that he does without actually seeing the evidence first. I've seen absolutely nothing new, no original thought, no evidence to support claims, and generally nothing to distinguish this conversation from the dozens of others I have had with polite yet ignorant Creationists.

Acting as though you deserve a cookie for not flaming is rather pitiful, really, because that's like expecting a reward for not driving drunk. Doing the bare minimum required by the rules is not an accomplishment.

Set some real standards for yourself. Expect more from yourself. Use your brain. You'll have a much more interesting life. :D
"Until evolution happens like in pokemon I'll never accept your 'evidence'!" -Ifreann
"Well, excuuuuuuse me, feminist." -Ende

Previous

Return to General