NATION

PASSWORD

Denmark has legalized same sex marriage!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you agree with Denmark's decision?

Yes
81%
No
16%
Other
3%

Total votes : 835

Ruridova
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruridova » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Blakk Metal wrote:
Genivaria wrote:What GROUP!? Your just making up boogeymen.

I trying to find out whom that group is. I'm not associated with the conspiracy 'theorists', y'know.

:eyebrow:

Yes, of course, you only stated that abortion and homosexuality are part of the Jewish liberal Masonic Illumitnati New World Terran Federation Order planned by Obama and his atheist muslim communist goons. Okay, so I used a little hyperbole. Your actual statement was just as f***ed up.
Республіка Рюрідова - Королівство Вілкія
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink; I was a stranger and you invited me in; I needed clothes and you clothed me; I was sick and you looked after me; I was in prison and you came to visit me... Truly, whatever you did for one of the least of my brothers and sisters, you did for me."
- the Gospel of Matthew, 25:35-40

Saint Abbra
Envoy

Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Saint Abbra » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:26 pm

Ruridova wrote:
Blakk Metal wrote:I trying to find out whom that group is. I'm not associated with the conspiracy 'theorists', y'know.

Yes, of course, you only stated that abortion and homosexuality are part of the Jewish liberal Masonic Illumitnati New World Terran Federation Order planned by Obama and his atheist muslim communist goons. Okay, so I used a little hyperbole. Your actual statement was just as f***ed up.

Don't you mean "(...) planned by Obama and his atheist Muslim devil worshipping communist Nazi goons"? I do think the devil worshipping and Nazism are important aspect of his ideology...

In reality, however, the "liberal" conspiracy has broken into so many pieces the only reason it isn't uncovered yet is that all the liberals are trolls who want to be important on the internet.

I'm still happy for my country's decision in this. So are a few of my friends.^^

Blakk Metal
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Blakk Metal » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:28 pm

Ruridova wrote:
Blakk Metal wrote:I trying to find out whom that group is. I'm not associated with the conspiracy 'theorists', y'know.

I said that the banning of abortion and homosexuality was part of an unknown group's plan to take control of the world.

Ruridova
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruridova » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:56 pm

Saint Abbra wrote:
Ruridova wrote: :eyebrow:

Don't you mean "(...) planned by Obama and his atheist Muslim devil worshipping communist Nazi goons"? I do think the devil worshipping and Nazism are important aspect of his ideology...

In reality, however, the "liberal" conspiracy has broken into so many pieces the only reason it isn't uncovered yet is that all the liberals are trolls who want to be important on the internet.
:rofl:

I love it when people make fun of something by pretending to support it. I hope that's what you're doing.

Oh crap, he's being serious isn't he? Please tell me he doesn't buy that grade-A bullcrap.

Blakk Metal wrote:
Ruridova wrote: :eyebrow:

I said that the banning of abortion and homosexuality was part of an unknown group's plan to take control of the world.

*bangs head on desk*

Boy, I really f***ed that up, didn't I? Sorry.
Last edited by Ruridova on Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Республіка Рюрідова - Королівство Вілкія
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink; I was a stranger and you invited me in; I needed clothes and you clothed me; I was sick and you looked after me; I was in prison and you came to visit me... Truly, whatever you did for one of the least of my brothers and sisters, you did for me."
- the Gospel of Matthew, 25:35-40

Galician-Volhynian Federation
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galician-Volhynian Federation » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:17 pm

Oakdale wrote:Bravo a country can think outside the box, however, once outside the box there is no protection. Denmark is probably thinking they can kill two birds with one stone. They look progressive and give more rights and secondly to piss off the culture of people that make up a small percentage of the pop and use most of the welfare that also demands that Denmark respect their oppressive and absurd religion...

Marriage is the unity between a man and a woman. I think we can come up with a better word to describe same sex marriage. It's like saying that red blue ford. Same rights but new term. For legal and tension purposes

Separate but equal is never equal. And I'm not the slightest bit sorry about bursting your bubble.
Last edited by Galician-Volhynian Federation on Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:46 pm

Blouman Empire wrote:Alright if Denmark wins their first Euro game it means God approves if they lose then they should revoke gay marriage so they will win the championsip

Just like to point out I stated this a couple of days ago. Since Denmark won their first game and the first time they have beaten the Netherlands since 1967 it means that God approves.

Camelza wrote:completely irrelevant news:
Denmark is winning the Netherlands in the Euro football competition!
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic
http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Blouman_Empire

DBC26-Winner

Tlaceceyaya
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tlaceceyaya » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:50 pm

Blouman Empire wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:Alright if Denmark wins their first Euro game it means God approves if they lose then they should revoke gay marriage so they will win the championsip

Just like to point out I stated this a couple of days ago. Since Denmark won their first game and the first time they have beaten the Netherlands since 1967 it means that God approves.

Camelza wrote:completely irrelevant news:
Denmark is winning the Netherlands in the Euro football competition!

You believe that God intervenes in soccer games to show that he approves of a minor human rights issue, but doesn't stop dictators from killing thousands of people?
Economic Left/Right -9.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -8.87
Also, Bonobos.

Dimitri Tsafendas wrote:You are guilty not only when you commit a crime, but also when you do nothing to prevent it when you have the chance.

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Tlaceceyaya wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:

You believe that God intervenes in soccer games to show that he approves of a minor human rights issue, but doesn't stop dictators from killing thousands of people?

You believe everything must be taken seriously?
You know you've made it on NSG when you have a whole thread created around what you said.
On the American/United Statesian matter "I'd suggest Americans go to their nation settings and change their nation prefix to something cooler." - The Kangaroo Republic

DBC26-Winner

Galician-Volhynian Federation
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galician-Volhynian Federation » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:57 pm

Blouman Empire wrote:
Tlaceceyaya wrote:You believe that God intervenes in soccer games to show that he approves of a minor human rights issue, but doesn't stop dictators from killing thousands of people?

You believe everything must be taken seriously?

There seems to be a massive infestation of broken sarcasmeters lately.

Tlaceceyaya
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tlaceceyaya » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:57 pm

Galician-Volhynian Federation wrote:
Blouman Empire wrote:You believe everything must be taken seriously?

It's summer. Crazy people abound. It's difficult to tell if someone's being sarcastic if you don't know them.
Economic Left/Right -9.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -8.87
Also, Bonobos.

Dimitri Tsafendas wrote:You are guilty not only when you commit a crime, but also when you do nothing to prevent it when you have the chance.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:59 pm

Blouman Empire wrote:You believe everything must be taken seriously?

Here everyone I have a few extras to go around...they're a new model too...

I hope they work...
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Blouman Empire
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blouman Empire » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:02 pm

Tlaceceyaya wrote:
Galician-Volhynian Federation wrote:There seems to be a massive infestation of broken sarcasmeters lately.

It's summer. Crazy people abound. It's difficult to tell if someone's being sarcastic if you don't know them.

True, but since football is the most holy sport God does intervene after all he allowed Argentina to score their first goal in the 1986 World Cup final

DBC26-Winner

Saint Abbra
Envoy

Founded: Mar 04, 2010
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Saint Abbra » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:15 pm

Ruridova wrote:
Saint Abbra wrote:Don't you mean "(...) planned by Obama and his atheist Muslim devil worshipping communist Nazi goons"? I do think the devil worshipping and Nazism are important aspect of his ideology...

:rofl:

I love it when people make fun of something by pretending to support it. I hope that's what you're doing.

Oh crap, he's being serious isn't he? Please tell me he doesn't buy that grade-A bullcrap.

Well, I could link you to a page about Poe's Law on my favourite rationally thinking Wiki project, but that would risk me blowing my cover as a part of a world-spanning Liberal subversive movement to make the whole world liberal and make everyone pay 110% taxes on everything.

I don't think my "correction" could be seen as anything other than a parody. The devil worshipping part was a parody of the "Obama is the Antichrist" thing that was going on around his election.

As for the thing about Gods intervention in the football match, yeah I think that's reasonable.

Oakdale
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Oakdale » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:21 am

Oakdale wrote:Bravo a country can think outside the box, however, once outside the box there is no protection. Denmark is probably thinking they can kill two birds with one stone. They look progressive and give more rights and secondly to piss off the culture of people that make up a small percentage of the pop and use most of the welfare that also demands that Denmark respect their oppressive and absurd religion...

Marriage is the unity between a man and a woman. I think we can come up with a better word to describe same sex marriage. It's like saying that red blue ford. Same rights but new term. For legal and tension purposes

Separate but equal is never equal. And I'm not the slightest bit sorry about bursting your bubble.

You didn't burst any bubble. I would need a bubble first. Seperate but equal did/does work. It is just people get greedy or one track minded and ruin it. The government use to be seperate but equal powers then the idiots messed that up. Justices stepping out of their power, law makers thinking they can just do as they Please and make stupid laws that don't apply to them and presidents like Obama . Selfish Agendas mess it up. Your opinion is fine but the lack of caring is. So it's okay for same sexes to not care about normal marriage viewers but not for the norms to not care about the SS ers? Hhhmmm ... hippo

Ca has voted against same sex marriage how many times yet supreme lefties in the 9th circuit can overturn majority rules? Over stepped power?

A seperate term for SS marriage would allow the normal marriagers to relax that they are not being devalued and could create a better legal ground to protect this special group. Could even give same tax breaks or whatever. It people need a piece of paper to be able to live happily ever after then that is a problem. The piece of paper means nothing of happiness just that you paid the county money for a piece of paper. Live with whom you want. Move on. Stop pushing minority views on majority's and you will be left alone. I could care less about SS marriages. Let them or dont It's not that important to worry about.
Last edited by Oakdale on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Krodania
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Krodania » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:23 am

Good for Denmark.

The Tofu Islands
Minister

Founded: Mar 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tofu Islands » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:44 am

Oakdale wrote:So it's okay for same sexes to not care about normal marriage viewers but not for the norms to not care about the SS ers? Hhhmmm ... hippo

(Quote condensed because this is the core of what I'm arguing against & quoting the lot 'd just waste space)

The thing about it is that SSM advocates aren't actually trying to do anything to people who are already married, or to opposite-sex couples who want to marry. In a sense, they don't care — opposite-sex couples are already able to marry, they don't need much advocacy.

Meanwhile, the people who "don't care" about same-sex couples are often arguing against those couples having being granted the same rights that opposite-sex couples already enjoy. Not caring, in this case, would be simply doing nothing (i.e. not voting & not participating in debate) — voting against is, at some level, caring.

I'd say, in a case like this, that not caring is still a negative attribute, since it displays an attitude of "I've already got my rights, so why should I care about others?", which hardly seems to be a kind thing. But that's not as harmful as those who are actively arguing against marriage equality.

As for the "devaluing normal marriages" thing, in what way does the existence of same-sex marriages affect opposite-sex ones? And do you recognise the similarity of your argument to something like: "interracial marriages devalue normal ones"? This debate is hardly new.
In its majestic equality, the law forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, beg in the streets and steal loaves of bread.

Zaras
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaras » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:57 am

Oakdale wrote:CA has voted against same sex marriage how many times yet supreme lefties in the 9th circuit can overturn majority rules? Over stepped power?

Any Californian who voted against same-sex marriage is supremely stupid and the court is necessary to slap the majority around whenever it does stupid shit like that.

You actually calling it "overstepping power" betrays your bias rather than any semblance of reality.
Last edited by Zaras on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bythyrona wrote:
Zaras wrote:Democratic People's Republic of Glorious Misty Mountain Hop.
The bat in the middle commemmorates their crushing victory in the bloody Battle of Evermore, where the Communists were saved at the last minute by General "Black Dog" Bonham of the Rock 'n Roll Brigade detonating a levee armed with only four sticks and flooding the enemy encampment. He later retired with honours and went to live in California for the rest of his life before ascending to heaven.

Best post I've seen on NS since I've been here. :clap:
Factbook
RP 1, RP 2, RP 3, RP 4, RP 5
ADS, UDL, GFN member
Political compass (old), Political compass (new)
Bottle, telling it like it is.
Risottia, on lolbertarianism.

Furious Grandmothers
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Furious Grandmothers » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:59 am

Oakdale wrote:
Galician-Volhynian Federation wrote:Separate but equal is never equal. And I'm not the slightest bit sorry about bursting your bubble.

You didn't burst any bubble. I would need a bubble first. Seperate but equal did/does work. It is just people get greedy or one track minded and ruin it. The government use to be seperate but equal powers then the idiots messed that up. Justices stepping out of their power, law makers thinking they can just do as they Please and make stupid laws that don't apply to them and presidents like Obama . Selfish Agendas mess it up.
How is the latter part of this rant even remotely related to separate but equal?
Oakdale wrote:Your opinion is fine but the lack of caring is. So it's okay for same sexes to not care about normal marriage viewers but not for the norms to not care about the SS ers? Hhhmmm ... hippo
Source for same sex marriage advocates not caring about "normal marriage viewers"?
Oakdale wrote:
Ca has voted against same sex marriage how many times yet supreme lefties in the 9th circuit can overturn majority rules? Over stepped power?
How does this even contribute to your point?
Oakdale wrote:A seperate term for SS marriage would allow the normal marriagers to relax that they are not being devalued and could create a better legal ground to protect this special group. Could even give same tax breaks or whatever. It people need a piece of paper to be able to live happily ever after then that is a problem. The piece of paper means nothing of happiness just that you paid the county money for a piece of paper. Live with whom you want. Move on. Stop pushing minority views on majority's and you will be left alone. I could care less about SS marriages. Let them or dont It's not that important to worry about.

1) How does SS marriage even devalue marriage? What is the purpose (purpose, not definition) of marriage, huh? How does SS marriage devalue it?
2) And then when we get on about the definition of marriage, where is it defined that it is strictly between a man and a woman?
3) What are the majority's views that are being pushed down upon, and by which minority views?
Code: Select all

The Darwinian People
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Darwinian People » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:01 am

Zaras wrote:
The Darwinian People wrote:
I give up; you should know by now that people aren't ruled by previous incarnations of their own ideology.

But... fascism!

But... socialism!

But... capitalism!
Economic Left/Right: -7.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.59
Arkinesia wrote:Life sucks when your movement is choked by retards.

Unhealthy2 wrote:Wait, aren't the terrorists even more prudish about sex than us? Oh wait, logic is for commies.

I am a National Socialist.
Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.6
Left/Right: 8.99
Non-Interventionist/Neo-conservative: 6.93
Liberal/Conservative: 2.11
Pro: Civic nationalism, Guild socialism, Totalitarianism, Vegetarianism, Cromwellian Republicanism, British Fascism, Environmentalism
Anti: Class internationalism, Free-market capitalism, Libertarianism, Anthropocentrism, Monarchism, Liberal democracy, Environmental skepticism

Ifreann
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:05 am

Oakdale wrote:Marriage is the unity between a man and a woman.

Not in Denmark. DWI.
He/Him

beating the devil
we never run from the devil
we never summon the devil
we never hide from from the devil
we never

Southern Babylonia
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Southern Babylonia » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:11 am

I do suffer from slight involuntary homophobia, but I still award Denmark ten hugs for this decision.
:hug: 10
Last edited by Dread Lady Nathicana on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Let's not smiley spam - thanks!
Impeach the Senate, Legalise Cap and Trade, Prorogations are theft. JACK LAYTON 2011

Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -8.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.08
Alignment: Neutral Good
Yeh: Collectivism, Market Socialism, Environmentalism, Two-State Solution, QUILTBAG rights, abortion rights, permaculture, multiculturalism, CBC, public healthcare, NDP (Canada), SNP.
Meh: most religions, atheism, globalisation, gun rights.
Neh: Corporatocracy, neoliberalism, Maoism, bigotry, evangelism, militant anti-theism, fascism, pollution, Netanyahu, Hamas, tar sands, monoculturalism.
Need help with French? Je peux aider!
Proud Nova Scotian.

Zaras
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaras » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:30 am

Zaras wrote:
But... fascism!

But... socialism!

But... capitalism!

I'm not dumb enough to pretend those two are perfect, but socialism at least has some good intentions behind it. Fascism is impossible to polish.
Bythyrona wrote:
Zaras wrote:Democratic People's Republic of Glorious Misty Mountain Hop.
The bat in the middle commemmorates their crushing victory in the bloody Battle of Evermore, where the Communists were saved at the last minute by General "Black Dog" Bonham of the Rock 'n Roll Brigade detonating a levee armed with only four sticks and flooding the enemy encampment. He later retired with honours and went to live in California for the rest of his life before ascending to heaven.

Best post I've seen on NS since I've been here. :clap:
Factbook
RP 1, RP 2, RP 3, RP 4, RP 5
ADS, UDL, GFN member
Political compass (old), Political compass (new)
Bottle, telling it like it is.
Risottia, on lolbertarianism.

Stovokor
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Stovokor » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:39 am

Zaras wrote:
But... socialism!

But... capitalism!

I'm not dumb enough to pretend those two are perfect, but socialism at least has some good intentions behind it. Fascism is impossible to polish.

The road to hell is always paved with the best of intentions. Mind you i'm an atheist but it's the meaning of the phrase that's important. The system on it's own in its purest form conflicts with human nature.

As for Darwinian's post, on the bright side the link for capitalists involved a horrid slaughter of non-citizens of that nation.
If i'm responding to you directly, it is generally safe to disregard everything that was said and assume i'm calling you a twit.
I Roleplay as such my nation is not a representation of my political, economic, and spiritual beliefs.

Economic Left/Right: 1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.92

The Darwinian People
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Darwinian People » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:10 am

Zaras wrote:
But... socialism!

But... capitalism!

You cannot be so dense; even 20th century versions of Fascism had at least some good intentions behind them and if you don't realise that then you have a very clouded perception of reality.

Unhealthy2 wrote:Wait, aren't the terrorists even more prudish about sex than us? Oh wait, logic is for commies.

Pro: Civic nationalism, Guild socialism, Totalitarianism, Vegetarianism, Cromwellian Republicanism, British Fascism, Environmentalism
Anti: Class internationalism, Free-market capitalism, Libertarianism, Anthropocentrism, Monarchism, Liberal democracy, Environmental skepticism

The Darwinian People
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Darwinian People » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:11 am

Stovokor wrote:
Zaras wrote:

The road to hell is always paved with the best of intentions. Mind you i'm an atheist but it's the meaning of the phrase that's important. The system on it's own in its purest form conflicts with human nature.

As for Darwinian's post, on the bright side the link for capitalists involved a horrid slaughter of non-citizens of that nation.

My point is that both atrocities were committed by and for a regime that championed a specific ideology.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General