NATION

PASSWORD

NS reactions to E3

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:40 pm

Awesomeland wrote:Nothing. I pay no attention whatsoever to vaporware, lies, and propaganda. None of these products actually exist, and skill in Photoshop and Movie Maker does not make a game. If these people put half as much effort into making games as they did on creating ridiculous flim-flam for the gullible, there would actually be amazing games, instead of this obvious fakery.

Are you the Messiah?
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

The lepearchauns
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The lepearchauns » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:43 pm

Awesomeland wrote:Nothing. I pay no attention whatsoever to vaporware, lies, and propaganda. None of these products actually exist, and skill in Photoshop and Movie Maker does not make a game. If these people put half as much effort into making games as they did on creating ridiculous flim-flam for the gullible, there would actually be amazing games, instead of this obvious fakery.

Most of the big name games were playable in one capacity or another
Lep

Former CoDF/ Vice Chancellor, FRA
Former Delegate, South Pacific
Former being of awesomeness, everywhere

Kogvuron, the answer to how long you owned my signature from the IPO auction is apparently 9 months

Sentinel XV
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:55 pm

This holds true for most of the content introduced at E3, but some games stand out above the rest.

The Last of Us and Dishonored, for example, look like they will be excellent.
‹ all genius is a conquering of chaos and mystery

Die Argentinische Reich
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Die Argentinische Reich » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:34 pm

I'm really liking/wanting Far Cry 3. That trailer made me happy.
The Fourth Reich has risen in Argentina!
The weapons of Die Argentinische Reich
Mosasauria's puppet.

Die Argentinische Reich
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Die Argentinische Reich » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:35 pm

The only time I recall seeing vaporware at E3 was when Square Enix announced/kept promoting Final Fantasy Versus XIII.
The Fourth Reich has risen in Argentina!
The weapons of Die Argentinische Reich
Mosasauria's puppet.

Bafuria
Senator

Founded: Dec 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bafuria » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:38 pm

It's been about damn time that a new Sim City came out! :lol:
Economic 3.1, Social -4.1

Christen
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Christen » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:38 pm

The only game I'm interested for this year in GTA V, and they're not even showcasing it.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:41 pm

Bafuria wrote:It's been about damn time that a new Sim City came out! :lol:

Because the world can't get enough sequels. ;)
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

The lepearchauns
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 05, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The lepearchauns » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:44 pm

Christen wrote:The only game I'm interested for this year in GTA V, and they're not even showcasing it.

Rockstar doesnt really participate at E3. The only time I remember them there was for Saints row 3. And they didnt really show anything, they just had a bikini car wash outside
Lep

Former CoDF/ Vice Chancellor, FRA
Former Delegate, South Pacific
Former being of awesomeness, everywhere

Kogvuron, the answer to how long you owned my signature from the IPO auction is apparently 9 months

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:46 pm

Christen wrote:The only game I'm interested for this year in GTA V, and they're not even showcasing it.

Personally, I'm waiting for Fallout 4 news. That's pretty much the only franchise I really care about nowadays that's on the verge of expanding its roster. I don't know if Bethesda will unveil anything anytime soon (perhaps at E3? IDK) about it, though. Other then that, I really don't have any other games I'm interested in these days.

As for these games here listed by the OP? Heh. Not really that interested in them that much. Gamewise these days, it's just Fallout 4 I'm waiting for news about. Anything else is just heh, maybe or maybe not I'd buy it.
Last edited by Ganos Lao on Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Christen
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Christen » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:46 pm

The lepearchauns wrote:

Rockstar doesnt really participate at E3. The only time I remember them there was for Saints row 3. And they didnt really show anything, they just had a bikini car wash outside

Unfortunately, and Saints Row 3 was developed by Volition, not Rockstar.

Christen
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Christen » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:48 pm

Ganos Lao wrote:

Personally, I'm waiting for Fallout 4 news. That's pretty much the only franchise I really care about nowadays that's on the verge of expanding its roster. I don't know if Bethesda will unveil anything anytime soon (perhaps at E3? IDK) about it, though. Other then that, I really don't have any other games I'm interested in these days.

After being disappointed by Skyrim, I'm not too interested in whatever Bethesda's next project may be.

Bafuria
Senator

Founded: Dec 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bafuria » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:55 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:
Bafuria wrote:It's been about damn time that a new Sim City came out! :lol:

Because the world can't get enough sequels. ;)

It's a reboot, and it's been 10 years. We're not exactly talking about CoD here.
Economic 3.1, Social -4.1

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:58 pm

Christen wrote:
Ganos Lao wrote:

After being disappointed by Skyrim, I'm not too interested in whatever Bethesda's next project may be.

I'm just hopeful that Bethesda learned from New Vegas rather then Fallout 3, which I consider to be Fallout's equivalent to Mass Effect Deception.

Just knowing that the story's at least decently written and that the characters don't have the personality of sock puppets would do wonders for me. Oh, and realistic AI that doesn't break the immersion. Just watching Megaton do nothing when Burke killed Simms was just awful, and really ruined the immersion for me.

The only other game I could be very interested in, outside of Fallout, would be a hypothetical System Shock 3, but I hope that never comes into fruition because I'm too cynical about it doing justice to the previous titles. Oh, and that possible port of the original Deus Ex to the PS3. That'd be pretty cool.
Last edited by Ganos Lao on Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Sorratsin
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorratsin » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:58 pm

Meh.

Loads of sequels to shitty console shooters, no thanks.

Watch Dogs looks interesting, though.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:01 pm

Christen wrote:
The lepearchauns wrote:

Unfortunately, and Saints Row 3 was developed by Volition, not Rockstar.

Urgh.

Saints Row 3.

I'll never understand how Volition took a pretty fun filled with a pretty good style romp through Stilwater and turned it into a bland, trying way too hard to be funny and "out there", unimaginative chorefest.

Angel is the most boring character I've ever seen in any game, surpassing Vito Scaletta. He was aggravating when he kept making my Boss look like a chump who doesn't know anything when it was the Boss who went through all sorts of (actually interesting) events previously.
Last edited by Ganos Lao on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Christen
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Christen » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:05 pm

Ganos Lao wrote:
Christen wrote:Unfortunately, and Saints Row 3 was developed by Volition, not Rockstar.

Urgh.

Saints Row 3.

I'll never understand how Volition took a pretty fun filled with a pretty good style romp through Stilwater and turned it into a bland, trying way too hard to be funny and "out there", unimaginative chorefest.

Angel is the most boring character I've ever seen in any game, surpassing Vito Scaletta.

And I thought Saints Row 2 was ridiculous... I was wrong... so very wrong...

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Christen wrote:
Ganos Lao wrote:
Urgh.

Saints Row 3.

Angel is the most boring character I've ever seen in any game, surpassing Vito Scaletta.

And I thought Saints Row 2 was ridiculous... I was wrong... so very wrong...

Saints Row 2 wasn't all that ridiculous. The humor was a lot more natural and the characters were actually interesting.

Saints Row 3 looks like Friedberg and Seltzer were in charge of game design, with bland enemies and hardly any activities except the ones that are lazily made into missions. And they killed Gat for no real reason, something I considered to be quite the very bad treatment of a popular character, something recently topped by Bioware's botching of Tali's face reveal.

Saints Row 3 pretty much killed my interest in that franchise's future.
Last edited by Ganos Lao on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aravea
Senator

Founded: Oct 31, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Aravea » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:11 pm

One word: Dawnguard
Proud Deputy Speaker of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
★★★Proud Intelligence Minister of the United Monarchist Alliance★★★
Note: Currently in the process of overhauling the Aravean factbooks/canon.

Christen
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Christen » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:11 pm

Ganos Lao wrote:
Christen wrote:And I thought Saints Row 2 was ridiculous... I was wrong... so very wrong...

Saints Row 2 wasn't all that ridiculous. The humor was a lot more natural and the characters were actually interesting.

Saints Row 3 looks like Beavis and Butthead were in charge of game design. Pretty much killed my interest in that franchise's future.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Saints Row 2, it just seemed so far out to me. Then Saints Row 3 hit me like a brick wall.
Last edited by Christen on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:15 pm

Christen wrote:
Ganos Lao wrote:

Saints Row 3 looks like Beavis and Butthead were in charge of game design. Pretty much killed my interest in that franchise's future.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Saints Row 2, it just seemed so far out me. Then Saints Row 3 hit me like a brick wall.

The only games I was looking forward to at the time were:

1. Catherine - A solid, quirky puzzle game with some well done animation. Not the best game ever or anything, but it was worth the money.
2. Saints Row 3 - Could only get through it once and eventually got rid of it.
3. Mass Effect 3 - Could only get through it once and eventually got rid of it. (It also killed my interest in anything Mass Effect, and I'm awaiting the BSN going down in flames any moment the Extended Cut comes out.)

Outside Fallout 4, I could say I am intrigued by Lollipop Chainsaw, I guess, but I don't know if I'll really actually buy that. May try the demo, though.

I can say I'm interested in NHL 13 too - I'd like to see if they'll continue the female hockey players gimmick but actually make the announcers say "she," not "he," because it felt awkward to see my female players always get called he whenever they did something. When it comes to sports games, hockey games are really the only ones I really like to play although I've played non-hockey games too.

I also don't know why they'd make a special edition for NHL 13, when it's just the same old game with new rosters and a new feature here and there. It's not something like a Fallout New Vegas where a special edition is practically in the works before the game even comes out.
Last edited by Ganos Lao on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

New Embossia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Embossia » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:19 pm

Olthar wrote:Wow. That has to be the most uninteresting list of video game titles that I have ever seen. With each passing year, my complete distaste for mainstream gaming grows more and more. Last week, I played a twenty minute Flash game better than I'm sure all of these will be.

*urging to say 'umad bro?'*
But, no need to rant on these good games.

The only title I will purchase on that list is Halo 4. (MAYBE BO2 if it proves itself worthy of 60$)
Map of the United Republic

DEFCON: 5

Please refer to as The United Republic or New Embossia or the Kingdom of Yagrun.

**New Embossia**

I RP as The United Republic of New Embossia and the Kingdom of Yagrun

I'm a devout Catholic and I support LGBT rights
Hornesia wrote:Homosexuality may be a sin, but Jesus died for your sins. Therefore, feel free to gay it up.

Peddieville
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Peddieville » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:31 pm

Astrolinium wrote:
Peddieville wrote:Sim City looks interesting-always loved that series, and it looks like they learned their lesson with Societies. SC4 was a phenomenal game, and if they can build off of and modernize that, they'll have a winner. AC III should be solid, at least. The setting seems odd, but they can probably pull it off. The original Most Wanted was a great game, but I feel like the Need for Speed series has run its course.

I will not be satisfied unless you can put water above sealevel. This is the one thing that has irked me most that disappeared after SC2K.

Yeah, that'd be nice. I feel like dams could be really awesome.
I have nothing to say

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:43 pm

Ganos Lao wrote:
Christen wrote:After being disappointed by Skyrim, I'm not too interested in whatever Bethesda's next project may be.

I'm just hopeful that Bethesda learned from New Vegas rather then Fallout 3, which I consider to be Fallout's equivalent to Mass Effect Deception.

Just knowing that the story's at least decently written and that the characters don't have the personality of sock puppets would do wonders for me. Oh, and realistic AI that doesn't break the immersion. Just watching Megaton do nothing when Burke killed Simms was just awful, and really ruined the immersion for me.

The only other game I could be very interested in, outside of Fallout, would be a hypothetical System Shock 3, but I hope that never comes into fruition because I'm too cynical about it doing justice to the previous titles. Oh, and that possible port of the original Deus Ex to the PS3. That'd be pretty cool.

One of my favorite things about GTA games is that the purpose of the game is brutal violent homicide, with the plot really only existing as a way to distract yourself/get new guns, but they actually make the plot good for the people who care about it.

Now if only they could find out how to keep the graphics from crashing my PC while still looking good….

And yes, I get the whole "dark side of the American dream" thing. But who makes a video game specifically to send a message like that to people?
Last edited by Wisconsin9 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Nansurium
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nansurium » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:45 pm

Assassin's Creed 3 is easily the most beautiful and well crafted game at the Convention this year. I also love how easily Microsoft added all of the same functionality as Wii U without resorting to a totally new console via Xbox SmartGlass. That is probably one of the most brilliant strokes of business genius I've seen for a while in the gaming industry. I'm also pretty amped about Madden which is introducing a Real time physics engine. If it is properly implemented and relatively bugless, I will be buying.
Political Party: Republican (moderate) Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -0.25 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51

"And the Tea Party Hobbits can return to Middle-Earth having defeated Mordor" -John McCain

Global and Comparative Studies Major at Birmingham-Southern College

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General