NATION

PASSWORD

State of Florida releases information in Zimmerman case

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

A High Dark Place
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby A High Dark Place » Fri May 18, 2012 8:44 pm

Hippostania wrote:Martin was using illegal substances and attacked Zimmerman. Zimmerman defended himself which is perfectly justified. Martin is starting to look more and more like a drug dealer or some other criminal.

And we see why you will never sit on a jury.

Whairtia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Whairtia » Fri May 18, 2012 8:46 pm

Either way he gets assassinated, just saying how I will see it.
What it is like to step foot on Whairtian soil

If anyone is willing to make me a flag (Because I need one :|) Telegram me :)

A High Dark Place
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby A High Dark Place » Fri May 18, 2012 8:51 pm

Alien Space Bats wrote:Interesting facts gleaned from the autopsy and booking reports:[list]

[*]The police booking report of 4/11/12 gives Zimmerman's height and weight as 5'8" and 185 lbs (i.e., 173cm and 84 kg); the autopsy report of 2/26/12 gives Martin's height and weight as 5'11" and 158 lbs (i.e., 180cm and 72 kg). Initial reports placed Zimmerman's wieght at 170 lbs (i.e., 77 kg), but it seems unlikely that he gained 15 lbs (i.e., 7 kg) in just two months.

Staying home and feeling sorry for himself. Wasn't he also banned from drinking alcohol?

He looks fatter in the later photographs. I find it plausible that he could put on that much weight in two months.

Whereisthatistan
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 10, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Whereisthatistan » Fri May 18, 2012 11:06 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Right, assaulted by a "young punk" that he chased down. That's not self-defense.

It might be self-defence, if Zimmerman had a reasonable belief that he would suffer grevious bodily harm or death, than shooting Martin may meet the standards of self-defence in most courts in the USA. Should Zimmerman walk no, but it's likely he will.
What do I know I just lurk here.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Fri May 18, 2012 11:11 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
New Imperial Clans wrote:
I would drill Kucinich's wife, given the opportunity of her consent, like BP drilled the gulf.

Carelessly and without proper precautions?

And refuse to clean up the mess until being peer pressured into doing so, then claiming all of the credit?
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Fri May 18, 2012 11:20 pm

Whereisthatistan wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:
Right, assaulted by a "young punk" that he chased down. That's not self-defense.

It might be self-defence, if Zimmerman had a reasonable belief that he would suffer grevious bodily harm or death, than shooting Martin may meet the standards of self-defence in most courts in the USA. Should Zimmerman walk no, but it's likely he will.

As I pointed out in another thread, Martin was the one acting in self defense, not Zimmerman, by any rational definition of defense.
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Fri May 18, 2012 11:46 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Bernese Oberland wrote:If the jury isn't entirely black, sure.

Zimmerman is innocent; he was assaulted by a young punk and felt that he had to use his weapon.

End of.

First off we are not certain he "chased down", approached Mr. Martin, yes certainly.
Approaching someone does not merit a surrender of one's right to self defense. Plain and simply every state in the US legally protects your right to approach people. They even protect your right to run towards people. Even if approaching could be considered a use of force, the stand your ground laws would only give Martin the right to use equal and reasonable force in response. In essence Martin would at most have the right to approach Zimmerman in return. Not if things are as Zimmerman allege attack him in retaliation for approaching him. A law authorizing significant force for being approached would be silly.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Wiztopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Wiztopia » Fri May 18, 2012 11:53 pm

Bernese Oberland wrote:
Alien Space Bats wrote:Actually, I think he will get a fair trial.

If the jury isn't entirely black, sure.

Zimmerman is innocent; he was assaulted by a young punk and felt that he had to use his weapon.

End of.

I didn't know a racist who stalked an innocent black teen could be innocent. Oh wait he was black so he couldn't be innocent. I forgot your kind of logic.

The Pint-Sized Slasher
Secretary

Founded: May 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pint-Sized Slasher » Fri May 18, 2012 11:55 pm

Wiztopia wrote:I didn't know a racist who stalked an innocent black teen could be innocent. Oh wait he was black so he couldn't be innocent. I forgot your kind of logic.

George Zimmerman isn't a racist. I have no position on whether or not he is guilty, but he is not a racist.
A psychopathic dictatorship with a serial killer clown as its head of state.

Wiztopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Wiztopia » Fri May 18, 2012 11:57 pm

The Pint-Sized Slasher wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:I didn't know a racist who stalked an innocent black teen could be innocent. Oh wait he was black so he couldn't be innocent. I forgot your kind of logic.

George Zimmerman isn't a racist. I have no position on whether or not he is guilty, but he is not a racist.

He flat out said "fucking coons" on the 911 call.

The Russian People
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Russian People » Fri May 18, 2012 11:58 pm

The reason why he was following Martin is given when you look at what had happened in 1year.In 1 year,over 30 robberies had happened in the town,28 by Blacks,1 Hispanic,1 White.A black teen had been seen peering through a window.A black teen forcefully entered Zimmerman's neighbor's house.A beating occured(unconfirmed).And more.
Last edited by The Russian People on Fri May 18, 2012 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NASCAR=Favorite Sport
Truex Jr. and Brian Vickers=My favorite drivers
Andy Biersack~<3
Also,"I'm gonna take your blood and replace it with my rabies infested blood and gain your knowledge of propane and propane accessories and take over the world!!" -Dale Gribble,King of The Hill
The Russian People is a Federal Republic,made for and by the citizens of the great country of Russia. In December 2011,Dimitri Petrenko and several other military commanders revolted against the regime of Vladimir Putin,ending a 6 year leadership. The new Russian government,called The Federal Republic of The Russian People, has endured great hardships since,but has once again come up on top.

The Pint-Sized Slasher
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Pint-Sized Slasher » Sat May 19, 2012 12:00 am

Wiztopia wrote:

Come on, not even the special prosecutor believes that. Keep in mind that the same audio expert people cite as proof that it's Trayvon screaming on the call is the same one who says it was ''punks''.

Wiztopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Wiztopia » Sat May 19, 2012 12:01 am

Wiztopia wrote:

Come on, not even the special prosecutor believes that. Keep in mind that the same audio expert people cite as proof that it's Trayvon screaming on the call is the same one who says it was ''punks''.

Go listen to it yourself. He said it. Denying it only makes you insane.

The Pint-Sized Slasher
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Pint-Sized Slasher » Sat May 19, 2012 12:02 am

Wiztopia wrote:

Go listen to it yourself. He said it. Denying it only makes you insane.

That's fine. You can keep making ad hominems while I listen to what the audio experts have to say,

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sat May 19, 2012 12:04 am

Wiztopia wrote:

That argument is not being supported by the prosecution or audio experts.
It is argued to be "Fucking punks", or incomprehensible.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sat May 19, 2012 12:06 am

Quite honestly I don't think the argument really should be about, "ZIMMERMAN IS A RACIST ASSHOLE!"
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Xsyne
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Xsyne » Sat May 19, 2012 5:39 am

His Myspace page says otherwise.
If global warming is real, why are there still monkeys? - Msigroeg
Pro: Stuff
Anti: Things
Chernoslavia wrote:
Free Soviets wrote:according to both the law library of congress and wikipedia, both automatics and semi-autos that can be easily converted are outright banned in norway.

Source?

Wiztopia
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Wiztopia » Sat May 19, 2012 10:00 am

greed and death wrote:
Wiztopia wrote:

That argument is not being supported by the prosecution or audio experts.

I didn't know a c could ever sound like a p.

L Ron Cupboard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby L Ron Cupboard » Sat May 19, 2012 10:13 am

Do they normally release this information?
A leopard in every home, you know it makes sense.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sat May 19, 2012 10:40 am

The Russian People wrote:The reason why he was following Martin is given when you look at what had happened in 1year.In 1 year,over 30 robberies had happened in the town,28 by Blacks,1 Hispanic,1 White.A black teen had been seen peering through a window.A black teen forcefully entered Zimmerman's neighbor's house.A beating occured(unconfirmed).And more.

Doesn't change the fact that he had been told not to do so.
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Sat May 19, 2012 10:54 am

L Ron Cupboard wrote:Do they normally release this information?

maybe they do but we never hear about it in common cases?
whatever

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sat May 19, 2012 11:33 am

Wiztopia wrote:
greed and death wrote:That argument is not being supported by the prosecution or audio experts.

I didn't know a c could ever sound like a p.

As far as the court will be concerned it is a P.
Barack Obama

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sat May 19, 2012 11:34 am

Xsyne wrote:

His Myspace page says otherwise.

He is Hispanic, so no more racist then when rapper say the N word. Actually less racist then that since he didn't us an epithet.
Barack Obama

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Sat May 19, 2012 11:35 am

Wikkiwallana wrote:
The Russian People wrote:The reason why he was following Martin is given when you look at what had happened in 1year.In 1 year,over 30 robberies had happened in the town,28 by Blacks,1 Hispanic,1 White.A black teen had been seen peering through a window.A black teen forcefully entered Zimmerman's neighbor's house.A beating occured(unconfirmed).And more.

Doesn't change the fact that he had been told not to do so.

Was it phrased as an order, request, or a suggestion ?
Barack Obama

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Sat May 19, 2012 11:36 am

Arkinesia wrote:Cue a wave of conservatives doubting Trayvon Martin's sobriety on that night.

No one's that sill-
Hippostania wrote:Martin was using illegal substances and attacked Zimmerman. Zimmerman defended himself which is perfectly justified. Martin is starting to look more and more like a drug dealer or some other criminal.

Oh. I forgot Hippo.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General