NATION

PASSWORD

General isn't for RPers

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Leistung
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: General isn't for RPers

Postby Leistung » Sun May 03, 2009 8:19 pm

Ah, thank you. I was trying to find that thread.
République vertoise
Republic of Vertou

Muravyets
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Muravyets » Sun May 03, 2009 8:21 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:I nearly died reading the Cattlecar bit there. Thank you so much for making me practically snort my salad from the giggling. Now go start that thread :P

Still though, you bring up a good point. RP mixed in with General? (Not including the rp as self bits that have gone before) IT WOULD BE CHAOS!

"But you just said you favored the eating of babies and clubbing of seals!"

"I was just -playing- a person who supported that."

"How can we tell?"

"Because when its me I ... hrm. Wait now, I've got this, really ..."

Welcome to General!

(*spoken in the voice of Captain Jack Sparrow saying 'Welcome to the Caribbean!'*)

Also, I have no need to start said thread. If this grows up to be a real NS General, pretty much that entire thread will be created by three different people, at the same time, repeatedly for several months. :)
Kick back at Cafe Muravyets
And check out my other RP, too. (Don't take others' word for it -- see for yourself. ;) )
I agree with Muravyets because she scares me. -- Verdigroth
However, I am still not the topic of this thread.

Leistung
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leistung » Sun May 03, 2009 8:21 pm

Neesika wrote:
Leistung wrote:Whining and bitching? Hardly. My point is simple, and has been made extremely clearly with as little filler as possible: moderators should abide by decisions already made. Otherwise, we open up a massive can of worms with mods siding with one side or the other simply because it catches their fancy. The rules cannot be bent to the whims of the enforcers.

Lemmetellyouwat. I'll start up a new nation called 'Jerk'. And everytime you call me 'Jerk', I'm going to cry about it in Moderation.

Yeah, because I'm clearly crying my eyes out over this. As far as I can tell, we're having a discussion on the rules and their applications, and you're veering the topic into the realm of personal attack because you cannot give me a reasonable point.
Last edited by Leistung on Sun May 03, 2009 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
République vertoise
Republic of Vertou

Neo Kervoskia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Neo Kervoskia » Sun May 03, 2009 8:22 pm

Earlier in this thread someone called me Neo. I did not give them express permission to use that nickname. For all they know my real name is Neo Kervoskia. I demand mod exaction immediately.
The Great Satan

“Aww dat gwittews is gowd”
- Koth
Griffin Rahl-Montresor
Delgate (Ret.), Osiris Fraternal Order
Delegate (Ret.), The North Pacific
Card-Carrying Member of the Ex-Feeder Tyrants Club
Propagandist Extraordinaire of The Empire

Leistung
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Leistung » Sun May 03, 2009 8:23 pm

Yeah you're joking, but I might as well keep going on my unusually serious tangent. Had you told that person not to call you Neo? No. Different circumstances.
République vertoise
Republic of Vertou

Muravyets
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Muravyets » Sun May 03, 2009 8:24 pm

Neesika wrote:Is this what your 'new improved' General would look like? Constant whining and bitching? Oh oh, yes please, sounds lovely!

:roll:

There are always a couple of kids in the playground who can't ever get a game started because they spend the whole afternoon arguing over the rules. This reminds me of that for some reason...
Kick back at Cafe Muravyets
And check out my other RP, too. (Don't take others' word for it -- see for yourself. ;) )
I agree with Muravyets because she scares me. -- Verdigroth
However, I am still not the topic of this thread.

Neesika
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Neesika » Sun May 03, 2009 8:25 pm

Leistung wrote:Yeah, because I'm clearly crying my eyes out over this. As far as I can tell, we're having a discussion on the rules and their applications, and you're veering the topic into the realm of personal attack because you cannot give me a reasonable point.

There's no debate. You and your friend aren't persons of note. We don't care what you have to say...though we will support your right to blah blah blah. Someone was stupid and used their real name in their nation name, and now the two of you are going on and on about precedent like you understand what the concept means, or how it applies to NSG.

There never really was a 'discussion', it's just been lame attacks and self-righteous complaining on the part of two people who we wouldn't miss for a moment were they to never post here again.
"Look, Ann Coulter explained it one time. Jesus came to perfect the Jews so they could become Christians and be saved. If they stay Jews, they are rejecting God and the opportunity to eat bacon dipped in mayo and served on the tits of a woman who doesn't complain at restaruants." - RepentNowOrPayLater

The Cat-Tribe
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cat-Tribe » Sun May 03, 2009 8:28 pm

Leistung wrote:
Kryozerkia wrote:
Jaredcohenia wrote:1: Yes, you are going to type out Jaredcohenia. I do not want my name posted on the board, I feel like it is an invasion of my privacy. Doing so is against the rules of the board.

I'm sorry, but shortening a poster's name is quite common here, and it's not against the rules of the board. Also, if you were concerned about your privacy, you wouldn't have used your real name in any way shape or form, as a name here is assumed to be an alias. No reasonable person would have no way of knowing. That said, you can request that someone address you a certain way. Some people may not comply, and intervention only happens when it's obvious the nickname is designed to purposely inflame. In this case, as it is taken directly out of the alias you have chosen, without the letters being rearranged, nor could be be taken as a flame, I cannot see how it would inflame.

This appears to be in contradiction to Ardchoille's ruling here: http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showpost.php?p ... ostcount=4

And yes, I just pulled precedent.

Jaredcohenia wrote:
Kryozerkia wrote:
Leistung wrote:This appears to be in contradiction to Ardchoille's ruling here: http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showpost.php?p ... ostcount=4

And yes, I just pulled precedent.

That may be a 'precedent', but having checked the post to which that responds, I must say that there was an obvious condescending tone in the post; the point of which was to annoy. I do not believe that there is intent to annoy. Also, Jaredcohenia alleges a violation of privacy, which your little precedent doesn't cover. There is no violation of privacy. For a precedent to work, the facts do have to be similar; I see discrepancies. The precedent doesn't address privacy, it addresses intent to annoy using nicknames.

http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=589912

Precedent.

And if precedent isn't needed, then I would call it trolling.

NOT A MOD, but I unofficially ban either of you from using the term "precedent" until you learn what it means.

In the first cite, Ard took no action and said that under certain hypothetical conditions actions might be taken. Further as Kyro has pointed out the conditions here are different.

In the second cite, the circumstances were entirely different and you bloody well know it.

Stop being ridiculous.
I quit (again).
The Altani Confederacy wrote:
The Cat-Tribe wrote:With that, I am done with these shenanigans. Do as thou wilt.

Can't miss you until you're gone, Ambassador. Seriously, your delegation is like one of those stores that has a "Going Out Of Business" sale for twenty years. Stay or go, already.*snip*
"Don't give me no shit because . . . I've been Tired . . ." ~ Pixies
With that, "he put his boots on, he took a face from the Ancient Gallery, and he walked on down the Hall . . ."

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sun May 03, 2009 8:30 pm

Muravyets: Why thank you! *sweeps off big hat with a huge feather in it, bows, and promptly sneezes after said feather gets all tickly in the nose, and comes out looking rather worse for the now wasted effort*

And hey - got a simple solution for the name thing. Just call him 'Jar'. :twisted: Which brings up another point ...

Use of a name imbedded in a nation name is, if I recall, not actionable. Outing someone's WHOLE name, the entirety of which is NOT in their nation name, is. So given what I recall of the incident, you're barking up the wrong tree with this bickering, Liestung.

Honestly, can this be done yet? General is General, and no one but Jar there seems frothing at the mouth for it to change. Move on, man. I think your crusade was dead before it even tried for a beachhead.

Jaredcohenia
Secretary

Founded: Dec 18, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Jaredcohenia » Sun May 03, 2009 8:33 pm

Dread Lady Nathicana wrote:Muravyets: Why thank you! *sweeps off big hat with a huge feather in it, bows, and promptly sneezes after said feather gets all tickly in the nose, and comes out looking rather worse for the now wasted effort*

And hey - got a simple solution for the name thing. Just call him 'Jar'. :twisted: Which brings up another point ...

Use of a name imbedded in a nation name is, if I recall, not actionable. Outing someone's WHOLE name, the entirety of which is NOT in their nation name, is. So given what I recall of the incident, you're barking up the wrong tree with this bickering, Liestung.

Honestly, can this be done yet? General is General, and no one but Jar there seems frothing at the mouth for it to change. Move on, man. I think your crusade was dead before it even tried for a beachhead.

tl;dr, but for the most part (up until tonight's shitshow), my goal was achieved. I created a topic that didn't deviate from the given topic, which is one of my key facets. At the end, the topic did turn into a shitshow - which is one of the problems with a General topic. Once there's been enough debate, someone starts to banter and the topic becomes ridden with spam. See what I mean, in some way?
I'm the one who said "Just grab 'em in the biscuits!"

Yootopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootopia » Sun May 03, 2009 8:34 pm

Jaredcohenia wrote:Also, please do not call me Jared. It is Jaredcohenia.

Your full name Jared Cohen, then?
End the Modigarchy now.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sun May 03, 2009 8:35 pm

Jaredcohenia wrote:tl;dr, but for the most part (up until tonight's shitshow), my goal was achieved. I created a topic that didn't deviate from the given topic, which is one of my key facets. At the end, the topic did turn into a shitshow - which is one of the problems with a General topic. Once there's been enough debate, someone starts to banter and the topic becomes ridden with spam. See what I mean, in some way?

Your goal was to prove you're a dick and that no one is interested in your 'change'? Honestly man, who do you think you are? Obama? No one cares!

Neo Kervoskia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Neo Kervoskia » Sun May 03, 2009 8:35 pm

Sounds like Jar is pulling a Cartman and trying to show that his plan worked all along.
The Great Satan

“Aww dat gwittews is gowd”
- Koth
Griffin Rahl-Montresor
Delgate (Ret.), Osiris Fraternal Order
Delegate (Ret.), The North Pacific
Card-Carrying Member of the Ex-Feeder Tyrants Club
Propagandist Extraordinaire of The Empire

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun May 03, 2009 8:36 pm

The Cat-Tribe wrote:
Stop being ridiculous.

B-but...what will we be left with, then?
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Neesika
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Neesika » Sun May 03, 2009 8:36 pm

Jaredcohenia wrote:tl;dr, but for the most part (up until tonight's shitshow), my goal was achieved. I created a topic that didn't deviate from the given topic, which is one of my key facets. At the end, the topic did turn into a shitshow - which is one of the problems with a General topic. Once there's been enough debate, someone starts to banter and the topic becomes ridden with spam. See what I mean, in some way?

First, kudos on the tl;dr...shows how much you really care about this forum you're trying to save.

Second...you were the director of this 'shitshow'. That you don't see it only makes it that much more hilarious. Nicely done, Jar.
"Look, Ann Coulter explained it one time. Jesus came to perfect the Jews so they could become Christians and be saved. If they stay Jews, they are rejecting God and the opportunity to eat bacon dipped in mayo and served on the tits of a woman who doesn't complain at restaruants." - RepentNowOrPayLater

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General