NATION

PASSWORD

Some contradictions I would like to have explained.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Kobrania
Minister

Founded: May 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Some contradictions I would like to have explained.

Postby Kobrania » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:27 pm

I do not cnsider myself on either the right or the left and nay in the centre, I just think.

Those on the right, particulaly the 'Right to lifers', please explain why you judge a bunch of cells to be worth protesting for, but not the folks on death row or your nations enemies?
Surely with some education or some dialogue such people could be as much benifit as a newborn? So why reduce yourself to the level of a barbarian and kill for the sake of your emotions? And for those that spout religion why not heed the 'Turn the other cheek,' 'Judge not lest ye be judged,' or 'though shalt not kill/murder' passages?

This has puzzled me since childhood and I have endured alot of heated arguements and insults for being 'unpatriotic' and being an 'idiot'.

I would like some answers if you would kindly indulge me.
"Only when you acknowledge that your country has done evil and ignore it will you be a patriot." -TJ.

ZIONISM = JUSTIFYING GENOCIDE WITH GOD.

Kobrania, the anti-KMA.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:29 pm

Why not support abortion, wars with legitimate reasons, and be divided on the death penalty, hmm?
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Kobrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kobrania » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:31 pm

How can you legitimise revenge? For that is what war usually revolves.
"Only when you acknowledge that your country has done evil and ignore it will you be a patriot." -TJ.

Kobrania, the anti-KMA.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:32 pm

Kobrania wrote:How can you legitimise revenge? For that is what war usually revolves.

A legitimate war usually involves self-defence, I'm afraid. Go fish.
Last edited by Conserative Morality on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:32 pm

Kobrania wrote:How can you legitimise revenge? For that is what war usually revolves.

More often it is land and resources, and the ever popular religious furvor, ;)

Kobrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kobrania » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:33 pm

Maurepas wrote:

So revenge, greed, and pride...

I am more disgusted by my race than I was two minutes ago.

Kobrania, the anti-KMA.

Sarkhaan
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 14, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarkhaan » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:34 pm

The argument would be that the fetus has done nothing wrong, where as the criminal on death row had their chance. Turn the other cheek doesn't apply here, nor does "Judge not lest ye be judged", as that would be the specific duty of the court system. Thou shalt not kill would be more accurately, and frequently is, translated as "Thou shalt not murder", which would still permit death row.

Flameswroth
Senator

Founded: Sep 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Flameswroth » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:34 pm

Criminals had their chance, and blew it. Unborn babies haven't.

Then again, I'm really only saying what I 'think' the answer is. I really don't have any idea what the actual one is.
Czardas wrote:Why should we bail out climate change with billions of dollars, when lesbians are starving in the streets because they can't afford an abortion?

Reagan Clone wrote:What you are proposing is glorifying God by loving, respecting, or at least tolerating, his other creations.

That is the gayest fucking shit I've ever heard, and I had Barry Manilow perform at the White House in '82.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:35 pm

Kobrania wrote:
Maurepas wrote:

So revenge, greed, and pride...

Then my work here is done, ;)

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:36 pm

Kobrania wrote:So revenge, greed, and pride...

I'm sorry, next time we get attacked, what we really should do is roll over and allow the opposing country to do whatever they want to us. Forgive me for not trusting Japan in WW2 to be all nice and merciful about it, seeing as they declared war on us. :roll:

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:39 pm

Because these clumps of cells each have an immeasurable, indemonstrable, nebulous structure of unknown origin, function, and composition called a "soul."
A little homework for you!

What part of L(f(t)) = Int(exp(-s*t)*f(t),t,0,inf) don't you understand?

Czardas
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 25, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Czardas » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:40 pm

UnhealthyTruthseeker wrote:Because these clumps of cells each have an immeasurable, indemonstrable, nebulous structure of unknown origin, function, and composition called a "soul."

Which you can lose if you kill people, making you not human.

(Technically I think someone without a soul is a vampire. I saw it on TV, so it must be true.)
Last edited by Czardas on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
30 | she/her | USA | ✡︎ | ☭ | ♫

I have devised a truly marvelous signature, which this textblock is too small to contain

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:41 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Kobrania wrote:So revenge, greed, and pride...

I'm sorry, next time we get attacked, what we really should do is roll over and allow the opposing country to do whatever they want to us. Forgive me for not trusting Japan in WW2 to be all nice and merciful about it, seeing as they declared war on us. :roll:

On the bright side, our Cartoons and Gameshows would be much more interesting if Japanese Culture holds true to its Current form, :lol2:

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:41 pm

Czardas wrote:Which you can lose if you kill people, making you not human.

Yes, despite not knowing what it is, what it does, or where it comes from, we have a complete and total understanding of its behavior.

Kobrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kobrania » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:41 pm

UnhealthyTruthseeker wrote:Because these clumps of cells each have an immeasurable, indemonstrable, nebulous structure of unknown origin, function, and composition called a "soul."

As do those your people eagerly exinguish.

Kobrania, the anti-KMA.

Czardas
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 25, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Czardas » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:42 pm

UnhealthyTruthseeker wrote:

Yes, despite not knowing what it is, what it does, or where it comes from, we have a complete and total understanding of its behavior.

Well, like I said, demons can extract your soul in order to power ancient engines devoted to destroying the universe. Then you become one of them and turn into a vampire. I think we understand souls pretty well by now, especially with modern technology,
30 | she/her | USA | ✡︎ | ☭ | ♫

I have devised a truly marvelous signature, which this textblock is too small to contain

Maurepas
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:42 pm

Well, I do anyway...Im just not sharing, :lol2:

*sold his soul for 25 cents to get a coke from the machine*

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:42 pm

Kobrania wrote:As do those your people eagerly exinguish.

You aren't too familiar with sarcasm, are you?

Samatolian City-States
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Samatolian City-States » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:43 pm

I can't really defend my position on abortion from a practical standpoint, but in the (secular, don't flip out) moral arena, I believe it to be wrong to deliberately end the life of another.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Corruption is evil. Therefore, power is evil. Absolute power is absolute evil.

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:43 pm

I think you have me confused for a theist. How could you not spot the overwhelming sarcasm in what I just posted? What's wrong with you?

Kobrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kobrania » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:46 pm

I think you have me confused for a theist. How could you not spot the overwhelming sarcasm in what I just posted? What's wrong with you?

But you do support war, execution and the easyness of getting your hands on items of death?
Last edited by Kobrania on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kobrania, the anti-KMA.

UnhealthyTruthseeker
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby UnhealthyTruthseeker » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:47 pm

Kobrania wrote:But you do support war, exicution and the easyness of getting your hands on items of death?

You don't have good reading comprehension skills do you?

Samatolian City-States
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Samatolian City-States » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:48 pm

Kobrania wrote:

But you do support war, execution and the easyness of getting your hands on items of death?

For the record, I support one third of the above positions. Give me a guess.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Corruption is evil. Therefore, power is evil. Absolute power is absolute evil.

Kobrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kobrania » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:48 pm

Kobrania wrote:But you do support war, exicution and the easyness of getting your hands on items of death?

You don't have good reading comprehension skills do you?

You do not have to be a theist to support war execution and freedom of arms. :eyebrow:

Kobrania, the anti-KMA.

Brystolville
Envoy

Founded: Oct 12, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Brystolville » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:50 pm

I used to be against abortion, but for the death penalty. Now I am opposed to both.
Political Parties of Brystolville

If you're not outraged, you're part of the problem.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General