NATION

PASSWORD

Rape Thread [SAFE SPACE - Mod Enforced]

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Romania Mare1
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Romania Mare1 » Fri May 18, 2012 12:02 pm

Naughtania wrote:
The Daktanese Technocracy wrote:People are so big on punishing rapists. A rapist obviously has something wrong with him or her, he/she should be rehabilitated, not just stuck in jail for a bit and set free.

By the way, I was raped. I don't have negative feelings about it anymore. Although it does often scar people for a long, long time, possibly their life, it's not always that serious.

Personally, I'm in favour of, say, chopping serial rapists' balls off. It appears to me that though some rapists may be mentally ill, most just have twisted ideas about the nature of consent, the role of women, etc... This majority have no excuse and should be punished. Severely.

jajaja,that would stop rape or just limit rape to serious stuff (they'd kill the victim after )
if they are women bye bye clitoris,boobs,anything like that
On the other hand a lot of innocent people are accused of rape so,let's just not castrate people and just put them in prison
Last edited by Romania Mare1 on Fri May 18, 2012 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naughtania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Naughtania » Fri May 18, 2012 12:04 pm

The Daktanese Technocracy wrote:
Naughtania wrote:Personally, I'm in favour of, say, chopping serial rapists' balls off. It appears to me that though some rapists may be mentally ill, most just have twisted ideas about the nature of consent, the role of women, etc... This majority have no excuse and should be punished. Severely.

And if they're female? Too many people think all rapists are male. Get over that stereotype.

And that doesn't help. Mutilating someone's body never helps in these situations. It just makes you a monster, much like the rapist. Perhaps an even bigger one. No, actually HELPING them rid themselves of those mental illnesses, wrong ideas, and punishment of jail time, is the actual rout that works and doesn't make you seem like a serial killer who just wants to change the law so he can unjustly torture people.

Does cutting the rapists genitals UNRAPE anyone? No.

1) Sorry.
2) You seem pretty forgiving. If I were in your place, I can't imagine anything but being angry and wanting them locked away with the key thrown away.
3) Perhaps it would be a better deterrent. (Plus, read the sig.)
Naughtania: "A Greater Law Unto Itself"
Harmony
RIP 1000 CATS
Prussia-Steinbach wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, meet the authoritarian liberal none of you thought existed.

Homosexy
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Homosexy » Fri May 18, 2012 12:27 pm

I don't understand how some people are so forgiving. Personally, if it were up to me and most of my guy friends, that man would have the electric chair hooked up to his dick.

But that's just us... maybe it's good I'm not a judge.
Hii!! My name is Shellby. Yes, I am a girl. Yes, that is me in my flag. :)
There's only us. There's only this. Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No other road, no other way. No day but today.
Love and expression, not hate and oppression!!~

The Daktanese Technocracy
Diplomat

Founded: May 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Daktanese Technocracy » Fri May 18, 2012 12:29 pm

Naughtania wrote:
The Daktanese Technocracy wrote:And if they're female? Too many people think all rapists are male. Get over that stereotype.

And that doesn't help. Mutilating someone's body never helps in these situations. It just makes you a monster, much like the rapist. Perhaps an even bigger one. No, actually HELPING them rid themselves of those mental illnesses, wrong ideas, and punishment of jail time, is the actual rout that works and doesn't make you seem like a serial killer who just wants to change the law so he can unjustly torture people.

Does cutting the rapists genitals UNRAPE anyone? No.

1) Sorry.
2) You seem pretty forgiving. If I were in your place, I can't imagine anything but being angry and wanting them locked away with the key thrown away.
3) Perhaps it would be a better deterrent. (Plus, read the sig.)

Yes. I'm very forgiving about this, I suppose. After having been treated like property to be harmed at the enjoyment of my rapist, I don't think I would ever wish such a thing unto her.
And I don't think mutilating people's bodies, whom may or may not be innocent, is justifying the act by being a slightly better deterrent. Besides, if you get at that, it just makes rapists want to kill their victims, because at that point they have nothing to lose and potentially all to gain.

Also, I don't get what you mean by reading your signature.
"I remember the first time I died. Facing down my foe was to be expected. Even inevitable. Resurrected, my soul awoke and my battles were fought harder. Death became my friend. I remember the first time I died. But dying gets easier; it's how you die that leaves your mark. Prepare to die..."

Romania Mare1
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Romania Mare1 » Fri May 18, 2012 12:35 pm

Homosexy wrote:I don't understand how some people are so forgiving. Personally, if it were up to me and most of my guy friends, that man would have the electric chair hooked up to his dick.

be careful with swift punishment as many rape reports are fake.
They should just be jailed and let to go trough that hell

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Daktanese Technocracy » Fri May 18, 2012 12:37 pm

Homosexy wrote:I don't understand how some people are so forgiving. Personally, if it were up to me and most of my guy friends, that man would have the electric chair hooked up to his dick.

A lot of time has passed for me. Perhaps that's one of the factors. And also, despite me really disliking Gandhi as a person, his motto "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." really does have some truth to it. If we all act like monsters, it will just bounce off one another until things get far worse than it was when we did the minimum punishment needed.

I also am vehemently against judging someone for their entire life based upon one action in most every case. They're still a human.

I understand you're angry. You have every right to be angry, and a horrible thing has befallen upon you at the hands of whomever took control of your body like that. I'm sorry for that. I just think you should treat people as though they are still people, and be the better person, and rehabilitate them instead of killing them. I think that option makes everyone stronger
"I remember the first time I died. Facing down my foe was to be expected. Even inevitable. Resurrected, my soul awoke and my battles were fought harder. Death became my friend. I remember the first time I died. But dying gets easier; it's how you die that leaves your mark. Prepare to die..."

Homosexy
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Homosexy » Fri May 18, 2012 12:43 pm

A lot of time has passed for me. Perhaps that's one of the factors. And also, despite me really disliking Gandhi as a person, his motto "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." really does have some truth to it. If we all act like monsters, it will just bounce off one another until things get far worse than it was when we did the minimum punishment needed.

I also am vehemently against judging someone for their entire life based upon one action in most every case. They're still a human.

I understand you're angry. You have every right to be angry, and a horrible thing has befallen upon you at the hands of whomever took control of your body like that. I'm sorry for that. I just think you should treat people as though they are still people, and be the better person, and rehabilitate them instead of killing them. I think that option makes everyone stronger

Yeah. I know. I'm not serious, that doesn't mean I can't fantasize. Forgiving is Jesus's job. He can wait til he's dead to be forgiven and not be judged. Not happening with me.

Mm, I'm gonna have to disagree with you there, in my case at least. That was not a human, that was a piece of shit. Him and his friends, and I firmly think that this isn't the first time they've done it. Everything was too well planned for it to be their first rodeo.

Not only controlled my body. It was a lot worse than that. There were details that people (besides the police) know that people will never know, because it's just so terrible. I don't think he deserves to be rehabilitated. I think that there are some cases that this is true, but I don't think this was the act of a group of people who are mentally ill, but instead they're just bad people. He's just a bad person that got his kicks off of it. I think there's a difference, and I'd rather he was dead than out on the streets to do it to someone else.
There's only us. There's only this. Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No other road, no other way. No day but today.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Daktanese Technocracy » Fri May 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Homosexy wrote:
The Daktanese Technocracy wrote:A lot of time has passed for me. Perhaps that's one of the factors. And also, despite me really disliking Gandhi as a person, his motto "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." really does have some truth to it. If we all act like monsters, it will just bounce off one another until things get far worse than it was when we did the minimum punishment needed.

Yeah. I know. I'm not serious, that doesn't mean I can't fantasize. Forgiving is Jesus's job. He can wait til he's dead to be forgiven and not be judged. Not happening with me.

Mm, I'm gonna have to disagree with you there, in my case at least. That was not a human, that was a piece of shit. Him and his friends, and I firmly think that this isn't the first time they've done it. Everything was too well planned for it to be their first rodeo.

Not only controlled my body. It was a lot worse than that. There were details that people (besides the police) know that people will never know, because it's just so terrible. I don't think he deserves to be rehabilitated. I think that there are some cases that this is true, but I don't think this was the act of a group of people who are mentally ill, but instead they're just bad people. He's just a bad person that got his kicks off of it. I think there's a difference, and I'd rather he was dead than out on the streets to do it to someone else.

I'll have to disagree with you on that first part. Not for the obvious "I don't believe in Jesus" thing, but for refusing to consider forgiving someone. Also, as the mods said, this thread isn't about fantasizing sadistic punishments to rapists.

Yes. It was a human. Humans can do horrible things. They're still a person. And perhaps they have done it multiple times, in which case, perhaps they do need a life sentence. Perhaps it wasn't. We shouldn't ever assume guilt.

Yes. I know. I was raped too, I get it. I just think it is terribly weak and monsterish to want to kill people like that. It is of my opinion that people who are so consumed with revenge and hatred that they would stoop to such things are just as bad as the rapist. Perhaps the rapists weren't mentally ill, but the person that would enjoy the sight of them dying in brutal ways, or perhaps at all, is. As I've always held close to my heart; "Strength through love, love through peace, peace through forgiveness. Lacking forgiveness is what makes you weak."

But, I don't want to hold this against you. For many reasons. Mostly because I completely understand your position, and I know you have valid points. I know why you feel that way and I know how powerful those feelings are. It's sick, yes. And these feelings must be even more powerful considering how it happened so recently. I'm sure you are a great person inside, and I think you're strong for having gone through this and releasing it on the internet. I just hope that you can find it within yourself to find peace, and perhaps even forgiveness.

Or maybe I'm just a old Gandhi again, minus the racism and theocratic beliefs, and overly peaceful. I don't know.

Homosexy
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Homosexy » Fri May 18, 2012 1:18 pm

Homosexy wrote:Yeah. I know. I'm not serious, that doesn't mean I can't fantasize. Forgiving is Jesus's job. He can wait til he's dead to be forgiven and not be judged. Not happening with me.

I'll have to disagree with you on that first part. Not for the obvious "I don't believe in Jesus" thing, but for refusing to consider forgiving someone. Also, as the mods said, this thread isn't about fantasizing sadistic punishments to rapists.

Yes. It was a human. Humans can do horrible things. They're still a person. And perhaps they have done it multiple times, in which case, perhaps they do need a life sentence. Perhaps it wasn't. We shouldn't ever assume guilt.

Yes. I know. I was raped too, I get it. I just think it is terribly weak and monsterish to want to kill people like that. It is of my opinion that people who are so consumed with revenge and hatred that they would stoop to such things are just as bad as the rapist. Perhaps the rapists weren't mentally ill, but the person that would enjoy the sight of them dying in brutal ways, or perhaps at all, is. As I've always held close to my heart; "Strength through love, love through peace, peace through forgiveness. Lacking forgiveness is what makes you weak."

But, I don't want to hold this against you. For many reasons. Mostly because I completely understand your position, and I know you have valid points. I know why you feel that way and I know how powerful those feelings are. It's sick, yes. And these feelings must be even more powerful considering how it happened so recently. I'm sure you are a great person inside, and I think you're strong for having gone through this and releasing it on the internet. I just hope that you can find it within yourself to find peace, and perhaps even forgiveness.

Or maybe I'm just a old Gandhi again, minus the racism and theocratic beliefs, and overly peaceful. I don't know.

lol I know what the thread is for. It's my thread. And I don't ever see a time in my life where I forgive him, especially not 3 weeks after the fact (which is where I stand now)

I really don't think it was their first rodeo. They knew what was going to happen. They did it on purpose, I'm sure.

Eh. I'm usually a really peaceful person, make love not war, give peace a chance, hell I'm getting a peace sign tattooed on me, and I'm usually really hardcore toward that kind of stuff, but for now I can't bring myself to get past how fuckin pissed I am. I would never legitimately kill him, or wish any of the things that I've said on him, legitimately, but I'm hopin he gets his one day, whether it be through jail, or whatever, but I really just hope something happens to him that makes sure he can't do that to any more girls.

Romania Mare1
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Romania Mare1 » Fri May 18, 2012 1:21 pm

fully agree
What makes us human if not our empathy ?
Also,why should we just forgive people ? What do we gain ? I mean it is one to forgive a friend for a small offense but it is another when the one to be forgiven is either a friend who crossed you big (hence not a friend ) or a stranger who,again,crossed you big. It is quite natural for us to want to see them dead and I see no reason to forgive. It is in our interest to pursue maximum pain for the offender. Society tries to be fair but that is not in the interest of the victim. Indeed,if society forgives that doesn't mean the victim has to.
Last edited by Romania Mare1 on Fri May 18, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Daktanese Technocracy » Fri May 18, 2012 1:24 pm

Romania Mare1 wrote:

fully agree

Our DNA and genetics, sentience, sapience, so on.

Ffff, you edited it.

Also,why should we just forgive people ? What do we gain ? I mean it is one to forgive a friend for a small offense but it is another when the one to be forgiven is either a friend who crossed you big (hence not a friend ) or a stranger who,again,crossed you big. It is quite natural for us to want to see them dead and I see no reason to forgive. It is in our interest to pursue maximum pain for the offender. Society tries to be fair but that is not in the interest of the victim. Indeed,if society forgives that doesn't mean the victim has to.

We gain strength and compassion, morals so on?
And yes. Because you don't know someone and they wronged you, they instantly are pigshit and deserve to die and never should be forgiven blah blah blah. And you say "What makes us human if not our empathy."
Yes, it's natural. It's also natural to want to kill people for having different political beliefs. That's not good. It's also natural to want to forgive, which is what I did.
Last edited by The Daktanese Technocracy on Fri May 18, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Romania Mare1
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Romania Mare1 » Fri May 18, 2012 1:26 pm

Romania Mare1 wrote:fully agree

Our DNA and genetics, sentience, sapience, so on.

Our DNA differs a bit with some deviations that cause vast differences (mentally ). I agree with valuing humans,I disagree that all humans are ''human''.There are ''humans'' and there are monsters. While we each carry the potential to be a ''monster'' most of us chose to be ''human'' and not destroy the lives of others just because we feel like it
Anyway,I may be wrong in my defintion (i probably am ) but the idea was that not all humans deserve the title because they act like savage animals

We gain strength and compassion, morals so on?

How's that ? Strenght is the power to inflict pain on others (that's how I see it ). You don't gain strength by forgiving,you lose it.

And yes. Because you don't know someone and they wronged you, they instantly are pigshit and deserve to die and never should be forgiven blah blah blah. And you say "What makes us human if not our empathy."

I distrust them and I treat them fairy but if they harm me I don't see a reason to forgive. I do not go out of my way to harm strangers,I see no reason why they should do so.We are all humans and all but some are just mini ''hulks'' who speak with their fists.
Yes, it's natural. It's also natural to want to kill people for having different political beliefs. That's not good. It's also natural to want to forgive, which is what I did.

Point taken,difference is people with different political beliefs didn't rape/beat you up so there's no logic behind killing them. Strangers who attack you for no reason on the other hand...
Last edited by Romania Mare1 on Fri May 18, 2012 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Daktanese Technocracy » Fri May 18, 2012 1:27 pm

Romania Mare1 wrote:
The Daktanese Technocracy wrote:Our DNA and genetics, sentience, sapience, so on.

Our DNA differs a bit with some deviations that cause vast differences (mentally ). I agree with valuing humans,I disagree that all humans are ''human''.There are ''humans'' and there are monsters. While we each carry the potential to be a ''monster'' most of us chose to be ''human'' and not destroy the lives of others just because we feel like it

I agree then. So why would you want to see rapists die just because you feel like it?

Thor King of Asgard
Secretary

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Thor King of Asgard » Fri May 18, 2012 1:27 pm

Homosexy wrote:
Raeyh wrote:
It's just a fictional book/movie, don't take it seriously. A chilling effect in fiction is bad.

I'm not talking about censoring the content, or the fact that a rape occurred. I'm talking about the version of the movie where the rape scene happens, and instead of taking a bit more of another artistic approach, perhaps, the scene is blunt and graphic. Here's an article about it:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainme ... ttoo-rape/

The scene is disgusting and would be a major trigger to anyone watching who has survived/endured events happening to them.

you are very right. I have never been raped, or anything, but I know people who have gone through the ordeal. I think that movies like that are just not right. Something like that should no be tolerated.
ok, seriously, I am a person, living in the US, my name's Aris Kontyen, and I like pie.
Now for my happy song!!
*Animal I have become by 3 Days Grace*
so what if you can see
The darker side of me
No one will ever tame
This animal I have become
Someone help me believe
It's not the real me
Somebody help me tame this
ANIMAL!
Somebody get me through this nightmare
I can't control myself
Somebody wake from this nightmare
WELL I CAN'T ESCAPE THIS HELL!

Region of psychopath dathomirian zabraks
* I am not implying that my region is like hell*
cute and fluffy kittens make me a happy nation
But evil mutant monsters make be bring out the big guns!
Do not deny my rights to PI
NO No touchy my hammer. Hammer, Mjolnir...MINE!

Leviathon Marines
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Leviathon Marines » Fri May 18, 2012 1:28 pm

Homosexy wrote:
Raeyh wrote:
It's just a fictional book/movie, don't take it seriously. A chilling effect in fiction is bad.

I'm not talking about censoring the content, or the fact that a rape occurred. I'm talking about the version of the movie where the rape scene happens, and instead of taking a bit more of another artistic approach, perhaps, the scene is blunt and graphic. Here's an article about it:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainme ... ttoo-rape/

The scene is disgusting and would be a major trigger to anyone watching who has survived/endured events happening to them.

Simple solution to someone who is going to watch it and doesn't want to see the rape scene.
1. Don't watch the movie
2. Use he fast forward option
3. leave the room for a snack
4. Go use the restroom
5. Close your eyes

Romania Mare1
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Romania Mare1 » Fri May 18, 2012 1:34 pm

Romania Mare1 wrote:Our DNA differs a bit with some deviations that cause vast differences (mentally ). I agree with valuing humans,I disagree that all humans are ''human''.There are ''humans'' and there are monsters. While we each carry the potential to be a ''monster'' most of us chose to be ''human'' and not destroy the lives of others just because we feel like it

I agree then. So why would you want to see rapists die just because you feel like it?

Got me here :P. The thing is,I don't just ''feel like it'',I find it just. I also don't advocate their murder (but life in prison is good enough ) because there might be innocents caught in the crossfire. To kill is not to let suffer and maximum suffering is what I believe to be in the victim's interest,not just death

Dagnia
Senator

Founded: Jul 27, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Dagnia » Fri May 18, 2012 1:43 pm

Though I have had my disagreements with Homosexy on this topic in other areas (particularly the statistics of how many women get raped) I rather like her idea here. In some cases of rape, the person should be judged on that action for life. A stranger who comes out of the shadows looking for someone to rape or a person in power using it to force someone into a sexual act is a monster who does not deserve to live on the same planet as me or anyone who chooses to abide by the laws of a civil society.

With recidivism rates among sex offenders as high as 90% in some studies, allowing them out of prison or to live surgically un-castrated is insane. Someone who surprises a random victim, abuses their authority or disables the victim with a drug or chemical is an unreformable monster who should die or be "cut off" before they can and will do it again. I would imagine the remaining 10% or so that don't do it again are those cases of statutory rape where the consenting "victim" is one year under the legal age or there are other circumstances. I would almost go as far to say, legislators who don't support death, life sentences or castration for sex offenders are as guilty for rape as the rapists themselves.

An eye for an eye may leave the whole world blind, but but an eye for a heart, brain or other vital organ leaves you with one working eye and a world of eye-takers who know not to screw with you.
Wait an hour, and it will be now again

Romania Mare1
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Romania Mare1 » Fri May 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Dagnia wrote:
The Daktanese Technocracy wrote:A lot of time has passed for me. Perhaps that's one of the factors. And also, despite me really disliking Gandhi as a person, his motto "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." really does have some truth to it. If we all act like monsters, it will just bounce off one another until things get far worse than it was when we did the minimum punishment needed.

Though I have had my disagreements with Homosexy on this topic in other areas (particularly the statistics of how many women get raped) I rather like her idea here. In some cases of rape, the person should be judged on that action for life. A stranger who comes out of the shadows looking for someone to rape or a person in power using it to force someone into a sexual act is a monster who does not deserve to live on the same planet as me or anyone who chooses to abide by the laws of a civil society.

With recidivism rates among sex offenders as high as 90% in some studies, allowing them out of prison or to live surgically un-castrated is insane. Someone who surprises a random victim, abuses their authority or disables the victim with a drug or chemical is an unreformable monster who should die or be "cut off" before they can and will do it again. I would imagine the remaining 10% or so that don't do it again are those cases of statutory rape where the consenting "victim" is one year under the legal age or there are other circumstances. I would almost go as far to say, legislators who don't support death, life sentences or castration for sex offenders are as guilty for rape as the rapists themselves.

An eye for an eye may leave the whole world blind, but but an eye for a heart, brain or other vital organ leaves you with one working eye and a world of eye-takers who know not to screw with you.

that
or : be a human with a human
be a monster with a monster
(the : help me/help you screw me/screw you tactic )

The Reasonable
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reasonable » Fri May 18, 2012 2:47 pm

Really, screw the 8th Amendment- it's been abused too much in modern times anyways. Those who violate others' rights deserve no rights as a human themselves, and since those who are released do tend to repeat the crime, I'd call for a choice between the death penalty and castration for this one, and life in prison without parole for those who choose the latter. The only problem will be determining the guilt of these people since not everyone accused of a crime is guilty- but those convicted tend to be slam dunk cases and are rarely reversed. For this to work though, evidence is critical, as overwhelming evidence is required to convict so that the innocent don't get wrongfully blamed. The death penalty should be extended to crimes beyond murder because there are many crimes that are just as bad if not worse, like rape and kidnapping. And to those who say that "you're no better than the criminal", there should be no enjoyment taken from an execution or a castration, or any time of punishment at all; only a preservation of justice and a reminder that you reap what you sow.
Factbook
8values

Country mostly reflects RL political views. See factbook's legislation section for details on policy and factbook's politics section for system of government. NS stats used as guides rather than as-is; refer to factbook for actual stats.

Yaltabaoth
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaltabaoth » Fri May 18, 2012 8:05 pm

The Reasonable wrote:

Really, screw the 8th Amendment- it's been abused too much in modern times anyways. Those who violate others' rights deserve no rights as a human themselves, and since those who are released do tend to repeat the crime, I'd call for a choice between the death penalty and castration for this one, and life in prison without parole for those who choose the latter. The only problem will be determining the guilt of these people since not everyone accused of a crime is guilty- but those convicted tend to be slam dunk cases and are rarely reversed. For this to work though, evidence is critical, as overwhelming evidence is required to convict so that the innocent don't get wrongfully blamed. The death penalty should be extended to crimes beyond murder because there are many crimes that are just as bad if not worse, like rape and kidnapping. And to those who say that "you're no better than the criminal", there should be no enjoyment taken from an execution or a castration, or any time of punishment at all; only a preservation of justice and a reminder that you reap what you sow.

It's been pointed out in this thread before, but if rape carried the same penalty as murder, what reason would a rapist have for leaving their victim alive?
In Homosexy's case, from what she's said, it certainly sounds like they were capable of killing her.
It might just be the reason she's still here with us to tell her story, as horrific as that story is.
And I am very glad that she is :hug:

The Reasonable
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reasonable » Fri May 18, 2012 8:32 pm

Yaltabaoth wrote:
The Reasonable wrote:

It's been pointed out in this thread before, but if rape carried the same penalty as murder, what reason would a rapist have for leaving their victim alive?
In Homosexy's case, from what she's said, it certainly sounds like they were capable of killing her.
It might just be the reason she's still here with us to tell her story, as horrific as that story is.
And I am very glad that she is :hug:

Not exactly the same penalty; the rapist could choose to be castrated as well and then put in prison for life. And also, murder cases tend to be investigated with more gusto and have a higher chance of being solved than a rape case even if the rape is reported which most of the time it is not. And even with a difference in penalty, a number of rapes do end up in murder- the rapist/murderer didn't care about the different punishments for those crimes then. It also brings justice to the victims and their loved ones- Homosexy herself isn't particularly keen on being lenient with her rapist.
Factbook
8values

Country mostly reflects RL political views. See factbook's legislation section for details on policy and factbook's politics section for system of government. NS stats used as guides rather than as-is; refer to factbook for actual stats.

David Williams
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby David Williams » Fri May 18, 2012 8:56 pm

Homosexy wrote:
David Williams wrote:A victim :eyebrow: ? i think you should call the police, hopefully they can send this piece if shit to jail. And 1 in every 5? I don't like to think that the average man has raped 0.2 people :o , that's just plain disgusting. At least I'm happy to know that I'm not part of this surprisingly large group, and even if I was i don't think 13 yr olds can be sent to jail for it anyway.

I'm not really sure what the :eyebrow: was, but I'm not sure I like it.
I did call the police. The morning after. They've been thoroughly involved and are trying to find him. I did not know him (which makes the situation even worse) so that makes it more difficult. They're looking though.
And that statistic doesn't make sense. Rapists are often, if not always, multiple offenders. So each man does not have to rape .2 women for that to make sense.

I used the eyebrow because i used to think the statistics are so low that you wouldn't expect a single person on Nation-states to be a victim.
Anyway, Good shit for using the so called "justice" system. And i didn't say every man must have raped 0.2 people. I don't even know have that is possible. I'm saying if 1 in every 5 women has been raped than the average man has raped 0.2 people. that doesn't mean every time you come across 5 men you can say 1 has raped a women. it could be a case of double offender and another 9 innocents.

Homosexy wrote:
I think the idea of rape probably disgusts people because you immediately imagine a 40 yr old Greasy fat guy wearing a leather jacket behind a beautiful young woman.
And i don't want the subject of rape to become too popular, although i don't object to some discussion, it's just that, you know, 40 yr old greasy fat guy :rofl: .
And i haven't heard of any awareness either, would support it if i could find some :) .

1. not funny.
2. Why shouldn't the subject of rape become too popular? I say that if it's possible to find a solution to rape, where everyone talks about rape all the time, I'd say go for it.

1. sorry, i shouldn't have laughed. I just found that stereotype absolutely ridiculous cos' of my dry humor.
2. I don't think talking about rape is going to solve the problem. It's about talking about what the government is going to do about rape and possibly changing your vote based on that.
Homosexy wrote:
Sure. although i thought rape victims are under 0.1% of the population.

lol way more than that. You should go check out some resources and research, because that's not true at all.

Yeah, seeing these statistics makes me wanna protest.
Economic 4.88, social -1.38, Right leaning Libertarian.
Social
Views
No marriage should be recognized by the state, they need to keep out of other people's personal relationships.
None except in large threats to mother's life or rape.
Legalize weed and then tax the shit out of it.

Economic
Views
(Under construction).

David Williams
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby David Williams » Fri May 18, 2012 9:14 pm

Romania Mare1 wrote:I doubt most rapists are either 40 or fat (not sure why,instinct I guess ). I imagine most to be young and quite well built

I thought a young well-built man would easily be able to have consensual sex, why them do it rather than a 40 yr old greasy fat guy who's probably extremely desperate?
Homosexy wrote:
Romania Mare1 wrote:I doubt most rapists are either 40 or fat (not sure why,instinct I guess ). I imagine most to be young and quite well built

You can't stick rapists in a demographic. They come in all shapes and sizes and ages.

Can you explain why it wouldn't be a specific group of people who have more reason to rape others than other groups?
Economic 4.88, social -1.38, Right leaning Libertarian.
Social
Views
No marriage should be recognized by the state, they need to keep out of other people's personal relationships.
None except in large threats to mother's life or rape.
Legalize weed and then tax the shit out of it.

Economic
Views
(Under construction).

Lackadaisical Hopes
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lackadaisical Hopes » Fri May 18, 2012 9:40 pm

Well as an example my mum at the time had gang connections and she only had to casually drop it conversion and the guy soon disappeared. I dunno what happened to him.
The cutiest lil kiwi you ever saw!
No I am not Lackadaisical2
I used to be Chatkasatan.
Hella Old
Bi

Lackadaisical2 wrote: Mm, now I miss Chat, she is a bundle of fun wrapped in sexy.
Grenartia wrote:I swear, if I'm the God of Kinky, then you're the Goddess.
New England and The Maritimes wrote:Joshy was right about Chatty. You can't help but feel naughty when you're caught in her sexy tractor beam. :lol:
Big Jim P wrote:Nana is my mother, Chat is my daughter, and Roan is my very surprised wife.
New Maldorainia wrote:I shall name you Daisy.

Tahar Joblis
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tahar Joblis » Fri May 18, 2012 10:00 pm

Dagnia wrote:With recidivism rates among sex offenders as high as 90% in some studies

Source.

Because every single one I've read places criminal recidivism of sex offenders below criminal recidivism of violent offenders or property criminals; and re-offending with a sex offense even lower. Really.

Every source I've ever found which compares recidivism of sex offenders to other crimes highlights two key features.

1.) Sex offenders are more likely to commit a new violent crime or property crime than they are to be arrested for a new sex offense.
2.) Sex offenders are overall less likely to be re-arrested, period.

Before you ask, the rate at which burglary (one of the highest-recidivism categories) results in arrest is one of the lowest of all crimes in terms of reports relative to arrests, and often goes unreported to the police. Whether we measure re-arrest rates or re-conviction rates, sex offenders are not more likely to re-offend subsequent to having been arrested than any other class of criminal; not unless we make some rather dramatic assumptions about how much less likely sex offenses are to be reported.

Of the 3,138 released rapists overall, 46.0% were rearrested for a new crime within 3 years, 18.6% were rearrested for a new violent offense, 2.5% were rearrested for another rape, 8.7% were rearrested for a new non-sexual assault, 11.2% were rearrested for a drug offense.

This represents an elevated risk of committing a new rape relative to the general population of released criminals, but I am afraid that you are propagating a harmful myth.
allowing them out of prison or to live surgically un-castrated is insane. Someone who surprises a random victim, abuses their authority or disables the victim with a drug or chemical is an unreformable monster who should die or be "cut off" before they can and will do it again. I would imagine the remaining 10% or so that don't do it again are those cases of statutory rape where the consenting "victim" is one year under the legal age or there are other circumstances. I would almost go as far to say, legislators who don't support death, life sentences or castration for sex offenders are as guilty for rape as the rapists themselves.

You are an immoral monster with no respect for civilization. I am quite glad your ideas of "justice" are not reflected by our laws. If I were cruel and unusual, I would demand that the 8th amendment be carved into your genitalia with a rusty spoon, but I'm not, so I will simply point out that cruel and unusual punishment is an obscenity, and claiming that legislators who don't support your ideas are "guilty of rape" is truly mind-boggling.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General