NATION

PASSWORD

Homosexuality

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Stance of homosexuality

For it
67%
Against it (Political Reasons)
2%
Against it (Religious Reasons)
7%
Against it (Personal Reasons)
1%
Against it (Other)
2%
Neutral
20%

Total votes : 95

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:22 pm

Blouman Empire wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:Paul wants to ban gay marriage.

A real libertarian (e.g not what America defines it as) would be for gay marriage.

Paul isn't a libertarian even by the American definition. But this thread is not about Paul, can we please not have it devolve into a discussion of him like every other damn thread?
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Carneval
Attaché

Founded: Mar 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Carneval » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:23 pm

Blouman Empire wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:Paul wants to ban gay marriage.

A real libertarian (e.g not what America defines it as) would be for gay marriage.

e.g. means "for the sake of an example" in latin. You mean to use i.e. which is a reiteration.
HE'S SO WACKY

Zaharawi
Envoy

Founded: Oct 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaharawi » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:28 pm

How in anyway is what I said threatening? The fact that I classify it as a crime? Is it not a crime for people to steal? Well, this should be considered another form of stealing.

Tropical Isles
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 07, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tropical Isles » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:30 pm

the first option. I'm straight but not narrow.
Alternative Front Page
list of countries I'm leader of
[$] -- Copy and paste this into your signature if you are a capitalist.
[☮] -- Copy and paste this into your signature if you are a pacifist.
[CIV] -- Copy and paste this into your signature if you play sid meier's civilization.
Participant in z-days 4 - 8.
Jay Myers (Hurricane Jay)

Nansurium
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 02, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nansurium » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:32 pm

So are you asking if we are for homosexuality in general or the actual "rights" movement?

Am I allowed to be indifferent? If you want to be gay or if you think that you were born gay, more power to you. Just as long as you don't flaunt it and don't get in my bubble we're cool.
Political Party: Republican (moderate) Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -0.25 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51

"And the Tea Party Hobbits can return to Middle-Earth having defeated Mordor" -John McCain

Global and Comparative Studies Major at Birmingham-Southern College

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:33 pm

Carneval wrote:
Zaharawi wrote:I guess the number one reason I voted for is because I am gay. Secondly, it is extremely ignorant and self centred of people to dine people the ability to pursue happiness--a right the American founding fathers fought so hard to accomplish. To marginalize certain group of people and prevent them from this equality should be crime against humanity.

Although I agree with a less extreme version of your argument, attacking your opponent doesn't convince them to agree with you. If you want to make someone pro-gay, Calmly state it in a non-threatening manner

A thicker skin. Grow one.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

Carneval
Attaché

Founded: Mar 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Carneval » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:34 pm

Buffett and Colbert wrote:
Carneval wrote:
Although I agree with a less extreme version of your argument, attacking your opponent doesn't convince them to agree with you. If you want to make someone pro-gay, Calmly state it in a non-threatening manner

A thicker skin. Grow one.

let's face it, shouting at people DOESNT WORK

Let's compare people like Pinella to people like Torre. Who seems to win the most arguments with the ump
Last edited by Carneval on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HE'S SO WACKY

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General