NATION

PASSWORD

What really hppened to Hitler?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Natapoc
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19864
Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Natapoc » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:33 am

Cybach wrote:Whether we are Nazis, whether it was only 12 million vote or 43% of the votes that got Hitler into power, or not does not change the fact that Hitler was our leader. By telling us to follow our leader. You are telling us Germans to go commit suicide.

Hitler was not only the chairman of the NSDAP (or Nazis if you will). He was also the Führer and Chancellor of Germany.


There is a difference between WAS and IS. If Hitler is still your leader in your mind then you are probably a nazi. I am telling you that it is not the intent to tell germans to commit suicide but instead to tell nazis to do so.
Did you see a ghost?

User avatar
Terra Oceania
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Sep 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Oceania » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:41 am

WHY did he have to be evil and insane? His oratory and management skills were incredible... But seriously, he kinda screwed up. Bastard... Imagine Nazi Germany minus the human rights violations. Now that would be interesting.

User avatar
Cybach
Minister
 
Posts: 2272
Founded: Nov 10, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cybach » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:43 am

Natapoc wrote:
Cybach wrote:Whether we are Nazis, whether it was only 12 million vote or 43% of the votes that got Hitler into power, or not does not change the fact that Hitler was our leader. By telling us to follow our leader. You are telling us Germans to go commit suicide.

Hitler was not only the chairman of the NSDAP (or Nazis if you will). He was also the Führer and Chancellor of Germany.


There is a difference between WAS and IS. If Hitler is still your leader in your mind then you are probably a nazi. I am telling you that it is not the intent to tell germans to commit suicide but instead to tell nazis to do so.


"IS?" You are aware Adolf Hitler has been dead since 1945? He is currently neither the chairman of the NSDAP, nor is he anything. So I fail to see how you using the present tense has any relevance. Especially when "Follow your leader" is a past tense phrase, since it is a command to emulate the action of a said individual. Who in this case is shown committing suicide.

Also nice insult there. Where did I state that he was still our leader? I am quite sure Hitler has not been leader of Germany for a good six decades. I merely stated that from 1933-45 he was our Leader. The legal and legitemate Leader of Germany and the German people, no re-writing of history can change that fact. He was Chancellor.

So when you put a picture of him, and then use a phrase such as "Follow your leader," which has a past tense reference. You're effectively telling us to follow the demise of that particular leader whom you put a picture of there committing suicide. How is that not supposed to tell us Germans for whom he once "was" our leader, that you want us to follow him to his death? Since he was the leader of the German people. You're telling the German people to go commit suicide.

User avatar
Kobrania
Minister
 
Posts: 3446
Founded: May 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kobrania » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:43 am

The SS killed hundreds of wehrmacht to steal uniforms to get out of Berlin and Russia. That should never be forgiven or forgotten!
But I do wonder what it would have been like to be Hitlers neice...
"Only when you acknowledge that your country has done evil and ignore it will you be a patriot." -TJ.

ZIONISM = JUSTIFYING GENOCIDE WITH GOD.

Kobrania, the anti-KMA.

User avatar
Terra Oceania
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Sep 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Oceania » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:46 am

WHY did he have to be evil and insane? His oratory and management skills were incredible... But seriously, he kinda screwed up. Bastard... Imagine Nazi Germany minus the human rights violations. Now that would be interesting.

User avatar
Cybach
Minister
 
Posts: 2272
Founded: Nov 10, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cybach » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:47 am

Kobrania wrote:The SS killed hundreds of wehrmacht to steal uniforms to get out of Berlin and Russia. That should never be forgiven or forgotten!
But I do wonder what it would have been like to be Hitlers neice...



Link please. I never read about that. Would be interesting to see which particular SS units did it. Since quite a few SS units in the Battle for Berlin were non-German, so it is quite possible that they could turn against the German Army.

User avatar
Kobrania
Minister
 
Posts: 3446
Founded: May 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kobrania » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:51 am

Cybach wrote:
Kobrania wrote:The SS killed hundreds of wehrmacht to steal uniforms to get out of Berlin and Russia. That should never be forgiven or forgotten!
But I do wonder what it would have been like to be Hitlers neice...



Link please. I never read about that. Would be interesting to see which particular SS units did it. Since quite a few SS units in the Battle for Berlin were non-German, so it is quite possible that they could turn against the German Army.

I actually got it from a history book, a diary and 6 2nd hand sources.

I was actually investigating how my great grandaddy died at the time.

Frederick Forsyth also used two of my sourses in his book The Odessa file, which uses the events in his plot.
Last edited by Kobrania on Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Only when you acknowledge that your country has done evil and ignore it will you be a patriot." -TJ.

ZIONISM = JUSTIFYING GENOCIDE WITH GOD.

Kobrania, the anti-KMA.

User avatar
Landover Baptist
Secretary
 
Posts: 33
Founded: Jul 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Landover Baptist » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:19 am

Buffett and Colbert wrote:
Arivada wrote:i believe that he actually escaped but was killed by Soviet troops.

Let me guess. You have no evidence to support your claim but are convinced of the fact you are right, correct? Besides, the Russians SO have his skull. :roll:


Religions get away with this 'no evidence' thing all the time. So why could this not be true? I mean, can you personally prove it didn't happen that way?
Landover Baptist Church
Where the worthwhile worship. Unsaved unwelcome (as Jesus commanded)!
"Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds" -- 2 John 1:9-11

User avatar
Helghast Krieg
Envoy
 
Posts: 340
Founded: Sep 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Helghast Krieg » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:25 am

I doubt you would...

From within the safe environment of your seat it isn't difficult to state such ‘brave’ statements, but it's an entirely different animal when it would be reality. If your president actual would start a genocide then you wouldn't probably state openly "you're not my leader" else you would be fish food.

Few like it to be fish food.



Actually smartone, The Holocaust wasnt exactly known by the German public until the war was nearly over. Hell even the majority of the German Army Regulars had no clue on it.

My Grandfather didn't find out about the Holocaust until his unit surrendered to the Russians in Stalingrad, and were marched into Poland.

And why you ask was it covered up?

Because the German people had more honor and dignity and would oust Hitler in a fucking heartbeat if they knew what he was doing.


Also, on that note, If I was living in Germany in the 1920's-1930's I would vote Hitler in a heartbeat. I would follow him, of course, until the killing of the Jews was revealed to the world.

I actually agree with the majority of his political ideology's, except of course his Anti-Semitism and Rascist views.
Last edited by Helghast Krieg on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Outdated Nation. Refer to this post:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18400

User avatar
Landover Baptist
Secretary
 
Posts: 33
Founded: Jul 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Landover Baptist » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:27 am

Helghast Krieg wrote:
I doubt you would...

From within the safe environment of your seat it isn't difficult to state such ‘brave’ statements, but it's an entirely different animal when it would be reality. If your president actual would start a genocide then you wouldn't probably state openly "you're not my leader" else you would be fish food.

Few like it to be fish food.



Actually smartone, The Holocaust wasnt exactly known by the German public until the war was nearly over. Hell even the majority of the German Army Regulars had no clue on it.

My Grandfather didn't find out about the Holocaust until his until surrendered to the Russians in Stalingrad, and were marched into Poland.

And why you ask was it covered up?

Because the German people had more honor and dignity and would oust Hitler in a fucking heartbeat if they knew what he was doing.


The German people had zero opportunity to oust anyone. The Hitler crowd had all the guns, and civilians weren't allowed to have them. Hitler's antisemitic policies were quite popular at the time, and the existance of hundreds of concentration camps in Germany itself wasn't exactly a big secret.
Landover Baptist Church
Where the worthwhile worship. Unsaved unwelcome (as Jesus commanded)!
"Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds" -- 2 John 1:9-11

User avatar
Helghast Krieg
Envoy
 
Posts: 340
Founded: Sep 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Helghast Krieg » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:29 am

Landover Baptist wrote:
The German people had zero opportunity to oust anyone. The Hitler crowd had all the guns, and civilians weren't allowed to have them. Hitler's antisemitic policies were quite popular at the time, and the existance of hundreds of concentration camps in Germany itself wasn't exactly a big secret.



yes, the Mistreatment of the Jews was very much known. However their mass murders were not.

To accuse the Germans for mistreating the Jews today is like accusing all Americans of what they did to African Americans in the Civil rights movement. They basically are the same thing.
Last edited by Helghast Krieg on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Outdated Nation. Refer to this post:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18400

User avatar
Dimoniquid
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9819
Founded: Jul 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Dimoniquid » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:29 am

Last time I checked, he went 'Nai nai nai!" in a film. Then he shot himself because of Bobo.
Currently revamping entire nation.

Currently a future technology based, neo-fuedalist empire spanning seven star systems; featuring a variety of technology, some native to Dimoniquid, some alien.

User avatar
Desperate Measures
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10147
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Desperate Measures » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:40 am

I just saw the history channel show on Hitler maybe being alive. I personally think, from the findings on the show, that Hitler did commit suicide but was, in fact, born a woman :shock: .
"My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music."
- Vladimir Nabokov US (1899 - 1977)
Also, me.
“Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic”
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky Russian Novelist and Writer, 1821-1881
"All Clock Faces Are Wrong." - Gene Ray, Prophet(?) http://www.timecube.com
A simplified maxim on the subject states "An atheist would say, 'I don't believe God exists'; an agnostic would say, 'I don't know whether or not God exists'; and an ignostic would say, 'I don't know what you mean when you say, "God exists" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism

User avatar
Grays Harbor
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 18117
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:54 am

BrightonBurg wrote:Hitler also wrote the screen play to Caddyshack II..
That would explain alot.
I am The Grumpy Old Man. A True Curmudgeon.

And, oh yeah, ... You kids get off my lawn. Seriously. Off. Now.

User avatar
Grays Harbor
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 18117
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:55 am

Desperate Measures wrote:I just saw the history channel show on Hitler maybe being alive. I personally think, from the findings on the show, that Hitler did commit suicide but was, in fact, born a woman :shock: .


worse, I've heard he was born an austrian.
I am The Grumpy Old Man. A True Curmudgeon.

And, oh yeah, ... You kids get off my lawn. Seriously. Off. Now.

User avatar
Pure Metal
Envoy
 
Posts: 279
Founded: Apr 07, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Pure Metal » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:05 am

Image

8)
+19,376ish posts
Economic Left/Right: -9.13 :: Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.82
Moral Order: -5 :: Moral Rules: +6.5
www.hljphotography.co.uk :: www.planetrock.com

User avatar
Dimoniquid
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9819
Founded: Jul 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Dimoniquid » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:10 am

Pure Metal wrote:Image

8)

Heh heh... I felt a slight hint of darkness, no?
Currently revamping entire nation.

Currently a future technology based, neo-fuedalist empire spanning seven star systems; featuring a variety of technology, some native to Dimoniquid, some alien.

User avatar
Czardas
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 6702
Founded: Feb 25, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Czardas » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:27 am

Terra Oceania wrote:WHY did he have to be evil and insane? His oratory and management skills were incredible... But seriously, he kinda screwed up. Bastard... Imagine Nazi Germany minus the human rights violations. Now that would be interesting.

His oratory skills were incredible. His management skills.... well, he had a nasty tendency to execute disloyal officers even if they were tactical geniuses, providing political oversight for a war that the Germans could've won if he hadn't gotten involved, et cetera. Without the human rights violations and the whole WWII thing, he would've just been regarded as a bad leader, because Fascism would have been allowed to fail on the few merits it has. I don't get what all the Hitler-romanticism is for these days; it's not like he really did much except mismanage WWII, execute millions of people, and make a few nationalistic speeches (none of which has survived to the present day despite him being supposedly a great orator). If it hadn't been for the burgeoning malcontent, inflation, and general problems during the Weimar era, Hitler and the NSDAP would never have been anything other than a fringe party somewhat akin to Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church.

Also, to that guy claiming the Germans would've revolted against Hitler if they'd known about the Holocaust: no, they wouldn't have. Don't make the mistake of confusing today's morals with 1933's. In the thirties and forties, anti-semitism and eugenics were international fads; even in America did they enjoy a vogue. Moreover, most Germans were fairly nationalistic, and resentful of all the foreign races that had put them in such dire economic and social straits (although the failure of the Weimar Republic itself was entirely the Germans' fault, but that never really came into consideration). If it became known all over that Jews, Slavs, Gypsies, and genetically inferior people in general were being executed en masse, the average German would have applauded at best and said "meh, can't do anything about it anyway since they banned guns" at worst -- and besides, who would believe the insane rumours that eleven million people had been killed, or about a quarter of Germany's total population at the time? Imagine if someone told you that seventy-five million people had died in concentration camps in Idaho; you'd answer "yeah, right. And why didn't we hear anything about it beforehand? Besides, most of them were probably illegal immigrants anyway."

(Anyway, several of the most important concentration camps were in Poland and elsewhere, not Germany. Easy enough to say "not our problem".

User avatar
LOL ANARCHY NUBZ
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1181
Founded: Dec 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby LOL ANARCHY NUBZ » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:34 am

I'm pretty sure he died.

User avatar
Cybach
Minister
 
Posts: 2272
Founded: Nov 10, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cybach » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:37 am

Czardas wrote:
Terra Oceania wrote:WHY did he have to be evil and insane? His oratory and management skills were incredible... But seriously, he kinda screwed up. Bastard... Imagine Nazi Germany minus the human rights violations. Now that would be interesting.

and make a few nationalistic speeches (none of which has survived to the present day despite him being supposedly a great orator).



*cough*

1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plu0HpupNzQ

[small compilation of some of his speeches, ignore the Messiah in the title, since obviously some delusional nuthead uploaded it, but it shows his speeches nontheless; Pay particular attention to the last seconds and notice how scary those moments are with the large crowd worshipping him]

2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYOfWmZZqDk [His speech on national youth day]


3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWlJf-3ud3s [etc..]

4) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPrygWuELwo [3min in Hitler speaks]


And these are just some random speeches with "English subtitles," there are many, many more on youtube alone without English subtitles in their original form. So I am fairly sure quite a lot of them survived if youtube is plagued with them...

User avatar
North Suran
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9974
Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby North Suran » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:39 am

Neu Mitanni wrote:As for NS, his latest statement is grounded in ignorance and contrary to fact, much to the surprise of all NSGers.


User avatar
Fson
Minister
 
Posts: 2384
Founded: Sep 30, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Fson » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:40 am

he found out i was fucking his mum then decided to take the world on from a bunker in berlin.
by Wilgrove » Wed May 26, 2010 7:51 am

OMG, It's so obvious! Of course!! Science has lied to us!!!

It's time to abandon scientific progress and only look towards the Lord Jesus Christ (who is white of course) for guidance in all matters!

User avatar
Mirkana
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1971
Founded: Oct 08, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Mirkana » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:41 am

I think his bladder exploded and he died in agony.

No evidence, but it makes me happy to imagine it.
Impeach Ramses, Legalize Monotheism, Slavery is Theft, MOSES 1400 BCE

Pro: Democracy, Egalitarianism, Judaism, Separation of Church and State, Israel, Arab Spring, Gay Rights, Welfare, Universal Healthcare, Regulated Capitalism, Scientific Rationalism, Constitutional Monarchy
Against: Dictatorships, Racism, Nazism, Theocracy, Anti-Semitism, Sexism, Homophobia, Imperialism, Creationism, Genocide, Slavery

Alien Space Bats wrote:
Rokartian States wrote:There sure is a lot of damning and fucking going around in here. :lol:

It's the international nature of the board.

In some places, it's Saturday night; in other places, Sunday morning.


Blazedtown wrote:Because every decision ever is a secret conspiracy to keep the brothers down.

User avatar
Uri Land
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 370
Founded: Aug 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Uri Land » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:45 am

i like conspiracy theroies heres one hitler put amelia earhearts body in place of his he escaped through a system of tunnels under berlin he fled to america where after several years took on a new persona Elvis Presely he was later abducted by aliens for a few years. upon returning to earth he purchased a gun and went to Dallas texas where while sitting on the grassy knoll took aim at president JFK. after that he lived out the rest of his days as a charlie chaplin impersonater.

User avatar
Fson
Minister
 
Posts: 2384
Founded: Sep 30, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Fson » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:51 am

Dimoniquid wrote:Last time I checked, he went 'Nai nai nai!" in a film. Then he shot himself because of Bobo.

you mean nein?
by Wilgrove » Wed May 26, 2010 7:51 am

OMG, It's so obvious! Of course!! Science has lied to us!!!

It's time to abandon scientific progress and only look towards the Lord Jesus Christ (who is white of course) for guidance in all matters!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bombadil, Dooom35796821595, Fractalnavel, Geneviev, Google [Bot], Infected Mushroom, Miami Shores, New Bremerton, Pacomia, Perchan, Ranoria, Shazbotdom, The British American Colonies, United Kingdom of Poland

Advertisement

Remove ads