NATION

PASSWORD

The most Athiestic/Agnostic country?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Surmang
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Surmang » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:39 pm

The Archregimancy wrote:
Surmang wrote: What a bunch of rambling, semi-coherent, Gobbly Gook.

Well, you're welcome to actually try and refute it, which is usually considered a more efficient way of addressing an argument you disagree with round these parts.

My source is for the role of pre-Buddhist shamanism in Himalayan Buddhism is:

Carpenter R. and B. Carpenter
2002 The Blessings of Bhutan. University of Hawaii Press. Honolulu.

Perhaps you feel that Damchan, the Bhutanese deity who assists in the location of reincarnated lamas, and Drangsong, head of the Lu spirits (to pick just two) aren't gods?

My source for the role of Hindu influences in both Thai architecture and conceptions of the monarchy is my time spent at the National Museum in Bangkok, rather than a written source.

So do please feel free to share on what basis you consider my post 'rambling' and 'semi-coherent'.

And for the record, it's usually spelled 'gobbledygook' or 'gobbledegook'.

First of all, I have to concede, that I actually had no idea how to spell globly gook, I just took a stab at it.
Second, I'll have to check out the "Blessings of Bhutan" It totally sounds interesting.
Third, you make a good argument, I need to check out he role of pre-Buddhist shamanism in Himalayan Buddhism
Forthly, I didn't consider that Damchan, the Bhutanese deity who assists in the location of reincarnated lamas, and Drangsong, head of the Lu spirits (to pick just two) aren't gods? And I need to consider that.
Fifthly, I am impressed that the role of Hindu influences in both Thai architecture and conceptions of the monarchy is your time spent at the National Museum in Bangkok, rather than a written source.
Sixthly, How dare I consider this a bunch of rambling, semi-coherent, Gobbly Gook

Previous

Return to General