NATION

PASSWORD

Retroactive Rape

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Raeyh
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Raeyh » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
The Anti-Cosmic Gods wrote:The solution here, I think, would obviously be to just film all your sexual encounters. That way you have her giving consent on camera- both initially and screaming it throughout.

The problem with this idea is that the author suggested consent could be withdrawn after the fact.

It can't, it's that most people don't have documentation of said consent, so the person could just lie.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:22 pm

Raeyh wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:The problem with this idea is that the author suggested consent could be withdrawn after the fact.

It can't, it's that most people don't have documentation of said consent, so the person could just lie.

Under the blogger's proposal it can. That's why the whole thing is beyond absurd.

Edit: typo
Last edited by Wikkiwallana on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:25 pm

Sociobiology wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Still, homosexuals have no NEED for sex and there is nothing purely logical about it. With heterosexuals at least the logic is there with propagating the species.

no one has a need for sex you do not die without sex, however homosexuals do have more offspring in the long run.

Yet the homosexuals are not reproducing through sex, so there is nothing LOGICAL about it. Also, source on homos having more offspring?
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:26 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
Sociobiology wrote:no one has a need for sex you do not die without sex, however homosexuals do have more offspring in the long run.

Yet the homosexuals are not reproducing through sex, so there is nothing LOGICAL about it. Also, source on homos having more offspring?

Reproduction is not the only reason to have sex. In case you hadn't heard.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

New England and The Maritimes
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New England and The Maritimes » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:27 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Four-sided Triangles wrote:
Sex did not evolve to propagate the species.

Well, not the human species. It evolved to propagate a species, millions and millions of years ago.

Reproduction already existed. Sexual reproduction evolved to safeguard offspring and also as a means of better randomizing genetic information to help spread helpful mutations through a species as opposed to just "copying" its "parent".
All aboard the Love Train. Choo Choo, honeybears. I am Ininiwiyaw Rocopurr:Get in my bed, you perfect human being.
Yesterday's just a memory

Soviet Haaregrad wrote:Some people's opinions are based on rational observations, others base theirs on imaginative thinking. The reality-based community ought not to waste it's time refuting delusions.

Also, Bonobos
Formerly Brandenburg-Altmark Me.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:28 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Yet the homosexuals are not reproducing through sex, so there is nothing LOGICAL about it. Also, source on homos having more offspring?

Reproduction is not the only reason to have sex. In case you hadn't heard.

It is the only purely logical reason to have sex.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:33 pm

New England and The Maritimes wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:Well, not the human species. It evolved to propagate a species, millions and millions of years ago.

Reproduction already existed. Sexual reproduction evolved to safeguard offspring and also as a means of better randomizing genetic information to help spread helpful mutations through a species as opposed to just "copying" its "parent".

I did say "propagate" and not "reproduce". Reproduction can happen without propagation. If an organism reproduces, but its offspring are at a disadvantage compared to other things in their environment, they aren't going to spread. So sex evolved to increase the chances of advantageous features, as you said, thus increasing propagation, as I said.

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:35 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Reproduction is not the only reason to have sex. In case you hadn't heard.

It is the only purely logical reason to have sex.

Satisfying emotional needs is highly logical.

Xenohumanity wrote:

Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:45 pm

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:Yet the homosexuals are not reproducing through sex, so there is nothing LOGICAL about it. Also, source on homos having more offspring?

What exactly does the word "logical" mean here? Define it.

I mean, when I use the word, I either mean "free from contradictions" or "rational in the philosophical sense." I don't see how either of these apply.
This is why gay marriage will destroy American families.
Gays are made up of gaytrinos and they interact via faggons, which are massless spin 2 particles. They're massless because gays care so much about their weight, and have spin 2, cause that's as much spin as particles can get, and liberals love spin. The exchange of spin 2 particles creates an attractive force between objects, which is why gays are so promiscuous. When gays get "settle down" into a lower energy state by marrying, they release faggon particles in the form of gaydiation. Everyone is a little bit gay, so every human body has some gaytrinos in it, meaning that the gaydiation could cause straight people to be attracted to gays and choose to turn gay.

Raeyh
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Raeyh » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:47 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:It is the only purely logical reason to have sex.

Satisfying emotional needs is highly logical.

If that were true, it would be okay to go around picking fights with people.

Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:49 pm

Raeyh wrote:If that were true, it would be okay to go around picking fights with people.

Satisfying emotional needs is the only reason to do anything. Give me any action that you deem to be "logical" by your standards of what constitutes "logic," and I guarantee you that the only reason to partake of such an action is emotional.
Gays are made up of gaytrinos and they interact via faggons, which are massless spin 2 particles. They're massless because gays care so much about their weight, and have spin 2, cause that's as much spin as particles can get, and liberals love spin. The exchange of spin 2 particles creates an attractive force between objects, which is why gays are so promiscuous. When gays get "settle down" into a lower energy state by marrying, they release faggon particles in the form of gaydiation. Everyone is a little bit gay, so every human body has some gaytrinos in it, meaning that the gaydiation could cause straight people to be attracted to gays and choose to turn gay.

Raeyh
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Raeyh » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:52 pm

Raeyh wrote:If that were true, it would be okay to go around picking fights with people.

Satisfying emotional needs is the only reason to do anything. Give me any action that you deem to be "logical" by your standards of what constitutes "logic," and I guarantee you that the only reason to partake of such an action is emotional.

Of course, emotion is a strong force that drives people to do things. Raw emotion needs to be tempered with logic. You need to think through what you are about to do before you do it. Saying "I did it to satisfy an emotional need" would not be considered an acceptable excuse anywhere.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:56 pm

Raeyh wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:Satisfying emotional needs is highly logical.

You fail to distinguish between wants and needs. Let me help you out:

I don't see "fighting" anywhere on that chart. Granted that chart isn't the end all be all of such things, but it's the general introduction to the idea as currently understood.

Xenohumanity wrote:

Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:57 pm

Raeyh wrote:Of course, emotion is a strong force that drives people to do things. Raw emotion needs to be tempered with logic.

Only because different emotional outcomes conflict. You want x, but getting x could risk y. The only reason you want x is emotion. The only reason you don't want y is emotion.

Saying "I did it to satisfy an emotional need" would not be considered an acceptable excuse anywhere.

That all depends on what you did.

Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:58 pm

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StrawVulcan

It's ironic that you're acting like this.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:58 pm

Raeyh wrote:

Of course, emotion is a strong force that drives people to do things. Raw emotion needs to be tempered with logic. You need to think through what you are about to do before you do it. Saying "I did it to satisfy an emotional need" would not be considered an acceptable excuse anywhere.

Consensual activities, including sex, rarely need excusing.

Xenohumanity wrote:

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:00 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StrawVulcan

It's ironic that you're acting like this.

I had just spent several minutes reading over that page waiting for the board to get some new posts to read.

Xenohumanity wrote:

Raeyh
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Raeyh » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:00 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Raeyh wrote:

Consensual activities, including sex, rarely need excusing.

If you didn't think it through, how can you say it was consensual? Informed consent can't be given thoughtlessly or at whim.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:02 pm

Raeyh wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:Consensual activities, including sex, rarely need excusing.

If you didn't think it through, how can you say it was consensual? Informed consent can't be given thoughtlessly or at whim.

It can in a long term relationship. After having already having had sex with a partner several times, if you still don't know what it's likely to result in afterwards, you likely aren't smart enough to give informed consent anyway.

Xenohumanity wrote:

Raeyh
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Raeyh » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:11 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Raeyh wrote:

It can in a long term relationship. After having already having had sex with a partner several times, if you still don't know what it's likely to result in afterwards, you likely aren't smart enough to give informed consent anyway.

Being a long-term relationship doesn't give you that right. You have to think through each situation on a case-by-case basis and determine based on your present situation.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:14 pm

Kyzylia wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:
A fish that swallows a hook is a silly fish. A bird that eats fish, but lives in a tree, is not a water bird.

Is that some sort of koan?

It's a related saying full of meaning and highly relevant to the situation at hand.
The blue sky above beckons us to take our freedom, to paint our path across its vastness. Across a million blades of grass, through the roars of our elation and a thousand thundering hooves, we begin our reply.

Strong Homogeneity
Secretary

Founded: Feb 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Strong Homogeneity » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:40 pm

This law sounds like an excellent idea. I often have trouble knowing which bedpost to notch after a wild night (right post for rape, left post for sex). This way I can just consolidate all of my notches. I will be a rape superstar. I don't know why we never brought this up at the last He-Man Woman-Raper's Club Meeting to Discuss Furthering Rape Culture before. We were probably too busy thinking about raping.

Raeyh
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Raeyh » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:42 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Raeyh wrote:

You fail to distinguish between wants and needs. Let me help you out:

I don't see "fighting" anywhere on that chart. Granted that chart isn't the end all be all of such things, but it's the general introduction to the idea as currently understood.

"Self-esteem/Respect of others"

Besides, if you have family, you already have fulfilled Love/Belonging.
Last edited by Raeyh on Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:00 pm

Raeyh wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:You fail to distinguish between wants and needs. Let me help you out:

Many people are comfortable with who they are, and are not respected by other people.
Just as many people have families, but not families in which they are loved, or in which they feel they belong.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:02 pm

Raeyh wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:You fail to distinguish between wants and needs. Let me help you out:
(Image)

A few things:
1. It's a hierarchy, the upper levels mean less if the lower levels are incomplete (although this is debated)
2. You've never heard of a dysfunctional family?
3. Did you not notice that both "sex" and "sexual intimacy" were on that chart?

Edit: typo and counting error
Last edited by Wikkiwallana on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xenohumanity wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General