NATION

PASSWORD

Retroactive Rape

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ursakov
Envoy

Founded: Jan 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ursakov » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:38 pm

Mainly Boring Passtimes wrote:
The Cummunist State wrote:why is the same not for men? Why is their default position yes?

Penis function 101.

Physical arousal does not consent make.
That's like saying that it's okay to rape someone if their pupils dilate, because obviously they were attracted to you and wanted it.
SANTORUM-KUN 2012
I was once the glorious nation of Caecili.
Sometimes I'm Kvadrata when the mood strikes.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:38 pm

Grainne Ni Malley wrote:
1000 Cats wrote:From a friend of mine:

"All women just need to carry with them rape prevention kits, which would include a can of mace, steel cap boots, and a pack of prophylactics in case they change their mind and a romance blooms."

Steel toe boots are super effective. I dropped two guys with one kick -hit one in the nuts and the other in the knees. It was unintentional of course as they were friends and I was just goofing off. I immediately ran afterwards.

Why did you run, it's not like they could chase you faster than a crawl and limp.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:38 pm

Camicon wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:All but the last of those is wrong, and seeing as how it's the woman who risks getting pregnant, damn right she decides when sex happens.

And if a man doesn't want to have sex, and the woman does? Obviously the man is the limiting factor. He decides if they engage in sex.

True. However, it's one assertion where I'm willing to grant that it seems likely statistically different enough to make it one-sided. I'm just saying one-sided is not the same as wrong.
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Grainne Ni Malley
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Grainne Ni Malley » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:39 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Grainne Ni Malley wrote:
Steel toe boots are super effective. I dropped two guys with one kick -hit one in the nuts and the other in the knees. It was unintentional of course as they were friends and I was just goofing off. I immediately ran afterwards.

Why did you run, it's not like they could chase you faster than a crawl and limp.

Instinct. ;)
*insert boring personal information, political slant, witty quotes, and some fancy text color here*

Гроня Ни Маллий - In fond memory of Dyakovo. I will always remember you. Thank you for the laughs.

Yes Im Biop
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yes Im Biop » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:40 pm

Grainne Ni Malley wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Why did you run, it's not like they could chase you faster than a crawl and limp.

Instinct. ;)

All i can say is OUCHIE
Scaile, Proud, Dangerous
Ambassador
Founded: Jul 01, 2011
[violet] wrote:Urggg... trawling through ads looking for roman orgies...

Idaho Conservatives wrote:FST creates a half-assed thread, goes on his same old feminist rant, and it turns into a thirty page dogpile in under twenty four hours. Just another day on NSG.

Immoren wrote:Saphirasia and his ICBCPs (inter continental ballistic cattle prod)
Yes, I Am infact Biop.

Rest in Peace Riley. Biopan Embassy Non Military Realism Thread
Seeya 1K Cat's Miss ya man. Well, That Esclated Quickly

Country Club Order
Civilian

Founded: Feb 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Country Club Order » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:41 pm

Four-sided triangle obviously is an ugly fat chick who's been used or a man who is so ugly that could never have consentual sex

DaWoad
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby DaWoad » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:42 pm

Country Club Order wrote:Four-sided triangle obviously is an ugly fat chick who's been used or a man who is so ugly that could never have consentual sex

cut the flaming
Official Nation States Trainer
Factbook:http://nationstates.wikia.com/wiki/User:Dawoad
Alliances:The Hegemony, The GDF, SCUTUM

Supporter of making [citation needed] the official NSG way to say "source?"

Cyborg Militants
Attaché

Founded: Aug 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyborg Militants » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:44 pm

Heres the format. The value, with an explanation if needed, followed by the qualification/argument, and then the verdict.

Utilitarianism (Most good for most people): Thousands of men jailed under false rape accusations for money. Not Just
Deaontology (The action must be justified before the end): Abuse the system and intentionally chose to jail innocent men. Not Just
Justice (innocent until proven guilty): You are guilty unless you prove your innocence. Not just
Kant's Categorical Imperative (Actions must be universalized to be justified): Doesn't extend to men. Not Just
Pragmatism (Social Reform is A-Priora): Rather than reform, this results in feminist overdose and still oppression. Not Just
Life: This ruins thousands of lives for money. Not Just

All of the core philosophical values denounce this type of act. Short of anti-humanism or Egoism (not to be confused with ETHICAL Egoism), there isn't a value that does justify guilty until proven innocent, which is what FST is trying to argue for. A law such as this is unjust under almost every view, and thus immoral and ethically flawed. That's all there is to it.
Race: Human-Cyborg

If your brother falls, repair him. If you cannot, scavenge him. If you fall, take as many as you can. If your enemy falls, welcome him into your ranks.
Peace Through Power!

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:45 pm

Before I launch into the body of my argument I want to make a couple of things clear. First I hold women to the exact same standards that I hold men in professional and social terms, equal treatment for all that sort of thing. Secondly as a human I find rape as heinous and repugnant as a violation can be considered, and every month I donate time or some form of money to RAINN (Rape Abuse & Incest National Network) to do at least a small part in helping rape victims through their terrible ordeal.
http://www.rainn.org/< Website for those who want to donate or help out.

With this in mind, this Twisty Faster, like pretty much all radical feminists (not doing the whole O'Reilly thing, bloggers like her do proclaim themselves to be radical feminists) are out of touch with reality to say the least. Her proposal violates the guiding principle of all US law: Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat, basically the principle of innocence until proven guilty. To hold every single person who is remotely accused of rape would not only violate case law, but jam up the dockets with hearing after hearing.

The ever-changing and complex nature of US law also makes this sort of notion prohibitive to say the least. The way that most statutory rape laws are written foists all of the blame upon the older party, not taking into account the mitigating factors or even parental influence that may or may not have either contribuited to the relationship or the charges being filed in the first place.

I may be a hetero male but I'm all for equal rights for all irregardless of gender, but the truth of the matter is the harpy that wrote that article and her ilk are just as damaging and destructive to real equality and justice-seeking efforts as loudmouth jerks that are most definitely anti-feminist. The best thing women who want to really make a difference can do is shrug these nutcases off and let them go babble to each other in the corner.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:07 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:
they cant have sex and they cant complain about it, what the hell is left?

Figuring out why they can't have sex and do something about it.

they'ed have to get off of nation states for that.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:08 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:
Figuring out why they can't have sex and do something about it.

I repeat... what if there's no discernable answer?

And what qualifies as complaining?

I'm asking so if necessary I can shut up adequately.

Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:19 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:they cant have sex and they cant complain about it, what the hell is left?

An hero?
This is why gay marriage will destroy American families.
Gays are made up of gaytrinos and they interact via faggons, which are massless spin 2 particles. They're massless because gays care so much about their weight, and have spin 2, cause that's as much spin as particles can get, and liberals love spin. The exchange of spin 2 particles creates an attractive force between objects, which is why gays are so promiscuous. When gays get "settle down" into a lower energy state by marrying, they release faggon particles in the form of gaydiation. Everyone is a little bit gay, so every human body has some gaytrinos in it, meaning that the gaydiation could cause straight people to be attracted to gays and choose to turn gay.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:20 pm

Country Club Order wrote:Four-sided triangle obviously is an ugly fat chick who's been used or a man who is so ugly that could never have consentual sex

You're new here, so we'll decorate your shiny new profile with a *** warning for flaming ***. Please read the One Stop Rules Shop before posting again.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:24 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:they cant have sex and they cant complain about it, what the hell is left?

An hero?

You rang?

Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:24 pm

I apologize. That was probably in poor taste.
Gays are made up of gaytrinos and they interact via faggons, which are massless spin 2 particles. They're massless because gays care so much about their weight, and have spin 2, cause that's as much spin as particles can get, and liberals love spin. The exchange of spin 2 particles creates an attractive force between objects, which is why gays are so promiscuous. When gays get "settle down" into a lower energy state by marrying, they release faggon particles in the form of gaydiation. Everyone is a little bit gay, so every human body has some gaytrinos in it, meaning that the gaydiation could cause straight people to be attracted to gays and choose to turn gay.

Astrolinium
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astrolinium » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:27 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:I apologize. That was probably in poor taste.

Just a bit.
You shouldn't make fun of those silly people who don't drop the "n" in "an" before "h" like that.
The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium
Ilia Franchisco Attore, King Attorio Maldive III
North Carolina | NSIndex Page | Embassies
Pop: 3,082 | Tech: MT | DEFCON: 5-4-3-2-1
SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...
About Me: Ravenclaw, Gay, Cis Male, 5’4”.
"Don't you forget about me."

Ex-Delegate of Ankh Mauta | NSG Sodomy Club
Minor Acolyte of the Vast Jewlluminati Conspiracy™

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:28 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:
An hero?

You rang?

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/an-hero

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:
Samuraikoku wrote:
You rang?

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/an-hero

Got a TG explaining that to me (that meme I wasn't particularly aware of). Thank you!

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:32 pm

Mainly Boring Passtimes wrote:
The Cummunist State wrote:why is the same not for men? Why is their default position yes?

Penis function 101.

This article, outlining the problem with Women on Man forcful sexual assault would like a word with you.

In 1988, the Journal of Sex Research published a study of nearly 1,000 college students. Its most surprising finding was that far more men than women reported having suffered unwanted intercourse -- 62.7 percent to 46.3 percent. A 2001 study of 285 women at a private midwestern university identified 52 as sexually "coercive" - - based on self-reported admissions of verbal manipulations, and insistent, deceptive, or threatening (including physically) behavior. Of those women, 30 reported "becoming so sexually aroused that they felt it was useless to stop even though the partner did not want to have sex."
password scrambled

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:33 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:

I repeat... what if there's no discernable answer?

And what qualifies as complaining?

I'm asking so if necessary I can shut up adequately.

sammi,
1. never shut up.
2. There is most certainly a discernible answer, but that would be even a bigger threadjack that this already is. Although "what is rape" is a legitimate topic. i cant take the OP's threads seriously, and this thread begs to be threadjacked.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:34 pm

Condunum wrote:This article, outlining the problem with Women on Man forcful sexual assault would like a word with you.

In 1988, the Journal of Sex Research published a study of nearly 1,000 college students. Its most surprising finding was that far more men than women reported having suffered unwanted intercourse -- 62.7 percent to 46.3 percent. A 2001 study of 285 women at a private midwestern university identified 52 as sexually "coercive" - - based on self-reported admissions of verbal manipulations, and insistent, deceptive, or threatening (including physically) behavior. Of those women, 30 reported "becoming so sexually aroused that they felt it was useless to stop even though the partner did not want to have sex."

Couldn't that just be women underestimating the level of coercion they're put through?

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:36 pm

Condunum wrote:This article, outlining the problem with Women on Man forcful sexual assault would like a word with you.

Couldn't that just be women underestimating the level of coercion they're put through?

Explain.
Edit: You missed the 62% of men forced to have unwilling sex part, didn't you?
Last edited by Condunum on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
password scrambled

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:37 pm

Depends. Could you ordering food from a restaurant just be you underestimating how much the restaurant is coercing you?

Xenohumanity wrote:

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:38 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:

Depends. Could you ordering food from a restaurant just be you underestimating how much the restaurant is coercing you?

Alright, I think I'm just derpy right now. I didn't understand your analogy, or FST. I think I need to sleep longer in nights.
password scrambled

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:38 pm

"Someone put a gun to my head, and told me to shoot this other guy. So I shot him. Then I took the gun and made the person next to me shoot someone."

Coercion of an individual does not make said individual coerce others to do what they were coerced to do in the first place.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General