NATION

PASSWORD

Retroactive Rape

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Raeyh
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Raeyh » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:38 pm

1000 Cats wrote: However, none of my friends have ever raped anyone, and nor have I.

I have trouble believing you when your signature claims you are a zoophile, which generally involves statutory rape. Let's see: "zoophile: a sexual attraction to animals." I take it back, you could just lust after them, so maybe your claim is true. On that note, anyone could claim that they were not fully informed on all the nuances of sex, and therefore could not give informed consent. If they couldn't give informed consent, wouldn't that also be statutory rape?

Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:39 pm

1000 Cats wrote:Yes, and I think you are the only one who is taking it seriously, including the authors.

You don't think she believes what she writes?
This is why gay marriage will destroy American families.
Gays are made up of gaytrinos and they interact via faggons, which are massless spin 2 particles. They're massless because gays care so much about their weight, and have spin 2, cause that's as much spin as particles can get, and liberals love spin. The exchange of spin 2 particles creates an attractive force between objects, which is why gays are so promiscuous. When gays get "settle down" into a lower energy state by marrying, they release faggon particles in the form of gaydiation. Everyone is a little bit gay, so every human body has some gaytrinos in it, meaning that the gaydiation could cause straight people to be attracted to gays and choose to turn gay.

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:39 pm

The Grand World Order wrote:
Caninope wrote:American men systematically rape American women? When did this start happening?

You question the Patriarchy?

Into the rape camps with you, feminist!

Whoa, whoa! Here's my man card! I can explain it! I wasn't at this month's Man MeetingTM because I was too busy playing Mass Effect 2!

That's a fair excuse, right?
I'm the Pope
Secretly CIA interns stomping out negative views of the US
Türkçe öğreniyorum ama zorluk var.
Winner, Silver Medal for Debating
Co-Winner, Bronze Medal for Posting
Co-Winner, Zooke Goodwill Award

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Because Caninope may be in that room with you.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p
Norstal wrote:What I am saying of course is that we should clone Caninope.

Tallberg
Attaché

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallberg » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:39 pm

Sailsia wrote:
Caninope wrote:American men systematically rape American women? When did this start happening?

havent you seen it? why, right now, as I look out my window, there are approximately 30 african-style rape squads defiling the innocence, purity, and humanity that is the human female with their dirty dirty male parts.

EDIT: AND THEY'RE SAYING THE C WORD!

I'm not going to lie I burst out laughing at that.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:39 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:

You're examining the issue to individualistically. Zoom out. Think more collectively.

I did. I'm still getting "Where the fuck is this rape culture?" questions. If it's out there, they're doing a better job at hiding than NAMBLA.

Ende
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ende » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:40 pm

I like you, FST. But I can't say I like this idea. To quote William Blackstone:

"Better that ten guilty persons escape than one innocent suffer."

Also, guilty until proved innocent is a horrible idea. The Code of Hammurabi, a 5000 year old law actually instituted innocent until proven guilty.

They had it right.
Last edited by Ende on Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:40 pm

Wouldn't it be easier to just genetically engineer women to have teeth down there?

Then consent or a lack thereof would be obvious. :eek:
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

The Cummunist State
Minister

Founded: Sep 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cummunist State » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:40 pm

You're examining the issue to individualistically. Zoom out. Think more collectively.

Why don't you zoom out instead of thinking all men are evil? Think for yourself, not some femminazi dogma. I know no one could honestly believe it.
"Harry slammed his book shut! It wasn't really a book, because the pages were made of lasers! And the words were made of headless women making godless love to dragons made out of motorcycles. But it was still reading."
My Real flag (For roleplaying purposes) It may look badly photoshopped, but damnit that's what it really looks like.
I'm your local gay furry black jewish Atheist KKK member. Roll in the Hate.
(in all seriousness, I am Bisexual, Furry, and Atheist)

"I'm just like you
Better than He!
To hell with They!!
I'm almost me!
I'm almost a human being!"
--Voltaire

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:40 pm

You just said there was a systematic rape of women by society.

This would imply American society too.
I'm the Pope
Secretly CIA interns stomping out negative views of the US
Türkçe öğreniyorum ama zorluk var.
Winner, Silver Medal for Debating
Co-Winner, Bronze Medal for Posting
Co-Winner, Zooke Goodwill Award

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Because Caninope may be in that room with you.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p
Norstal wrote:What I am saying of course is that we should clone Caninope.

Huskvarneque
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Huskvarneque » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:40 pm

1000 Cats wrote:Yes, and I think you are the only one who is taking it seriously, including the authors.

Everyone believes what they write, doesn't stop it from being complete, nonsensical, bull. Like 90% of what I write for example!!!

Sailsia
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sailsia » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:40 pm

yes, we all know this is what you mean- that's why it's so absurd. you honestly give women less credit then they deserve, if anything, youre the one pandering to the stereotype that women are helpless creatures who are either too weak, stupid, or gullible to realize when they are being sexually taken advantage of.
RIP RON PAUL
Author of the U.S. Constitution
July 4, 1776 - September 11, 2001

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:40 pm

1000 Cats wrote:And you think we're all sponges? We're not; we're quite good as a species at picking up social cues, and at deciding what is relevant and what is not. I have a disgusting sense of humour and do make the odd rape joke, among other things. However, none of my friends have ever raped anyone, and nor have I. None of them are the least bit racist or sexist either, nor do we go around punching pregnant women in the stomach, or barbecuing fetuses, or... eh, I'll stop. The point is that there really is no 'rape culture' - their is a mindset that is common to rapists, but it has not been connected in any way to his immediate social environment, but rather his opinion on women, interpretation of certain normally neutral stimuli (ie clothing), etc. which would have their roots in early life, probably as their own gender is solidifying.

http://shakespearessister.blogspot.com/ ... e-101.html

I see not a single source in there. You see, my dear Mister Triangles, when you are having a discussion like this, emotionally-driven proclamations about the way "society" is and other gigantic and clearly angry blanket statements don't really go very far. And links to blog posts as sources most certainly do not unless that blog post itself contains a source and you were too lazy/tired/apathetic/annoyed at your internet connection to get the source itself.

You call yourself a scientific fellow, but all I ever see coming out of your mouth, so to speak, when you get on this topic is very reminiscent of something I would expect shouted from a cultist's podium.
Your friendly neighborhood zoophile. I'm here to answer questions. Also, we have a region: Zoo!

Norstal wrote:You are a hatiater: one who radiates hate.

Meryuma wrote:No one is more of a cat person than 1000 Cats!

FST wrote:Any sexual desires which can be satiated within a healthy and consensual way should be freed from shame. Bizarre kinks and fetishes are acceptable and nothing to be ashamed of as long as they are acted out in a context where everyone consents and no one is hurt.
Factbook/Q&A | RP | Conlang | Short Story

Terruana
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terruana » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:41 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:Did anybody here read her post or the comments on it?

I read her post and the first ten, twenty comments. Then I realised that everybody who was agreeing with the post was just as stupid misguided as she was, and everybody else disagreed with the guilty until proven innocent system anyway, so I stopped bothering.
Political Compass Score:
Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.15

Revolutopia
Negotiator

Founded: May 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutopia » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:41 pm

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Wouldn't it be easier to just genetically engineer women to have teeth down there?

Then consent or a lack thereof would be obvious. :eek:

They do have those rape condoms with blades now.

In answer to the original question, no this a stupid idea.
The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.-FDR

Economic Left/Right: -3.12|Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.49

Who is Tom Joad?

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:41 pm

No, I don't. I think she is a parody.
Your friendly neighborhood zoophile. I'm here to answer questions. Also, we have a region: Zoo!

FST wrote:Any sexual desires which can be satiated within a healthy and consensual way should be freed from shame. Bizarre kinks and fetishes are acceptable and nothing to be ashamed of as long as they are acted out in a context where everyone consents and no one is hurt.

Vazdania
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vazdania » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:41 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:http://blog.iblamethepatriarchy.com/2007/05/16/the-new-page-of-consent/

This article proposes a different system to deal with rape than the current one. Rather than focusing on issues of consent, it presumes that the legal default of all women be "no." In other words, the law assumes that a woman did not want sex unless it can be proven otherwise. This would essentially be a reversal of the burden of proof.

Under this system, all accusations of rape would automatically be considered correct. Every woman who says she was raped was, by definition, raped.

Proponents of the system say that it would definitely cut down of the amount of rapes out there. They also allege that it would not be abused, or if it were abused, the abuse would be so absolutely minor as to be negligible. They also state that it doesn't hurt men at all, since a man is perfectly free to refrain from ever having sex at all if he wants to avoid any risk of being accused of rape.

Opponents allege that it would, in fact, be abused far more than the proponents seem to think. They also assert that it is not only counter to the fundamental notion of innocent until proven guilty, but it also technically criminalizes all heterosexual intercourse.

What does NSG think? Would this legal idea of rape be abused harshly, or is that simply conspiratorial thinking? It seems to be quite obvious that this would lower the overall amount of rape in the world, so the only questions are whether it's just and whether or not the potential for abuse outweighs the benefit.

I'm actually not sure myself. It would certainly lower the amount of rape out there, and the whole notion of constant false rape accusations as revenge from bitter women is pretty much a myth. On the other hand, the potential for abuse does exist. Of course, the potential can be completely avoided if a man simply elects to never have sex. I'm ambivalent here.

I feel as though this goes to far.
NSG's Resident Constitutional Executive Monarchist!
We Monarchists Stand With The Morals Of The Past, As We Hatch Impossible Treasons Against The Present.

They Have No Voice; So I will Speak For Them. The Right To Life Is Fundamental To All Humans Regardless Of How Developed They Are. Pro-Woman. Pro-Child. Pro-Life.

NSG's Newest Vegetarian!

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:41 pm

1000 Cats wrote:And you think we're all sponges? We're not; we're quite good as a species at picking up social cues, and at deciding what is relevant and what is not. I have a disgusting sense of humour and do make the odd rape joke, among other things. However, none of my friends have ever raped anyone, and nor have I. None of them are the least bit racist or sexist either, nor do we go around punching pregnant women in the stomach, or barbecuing fetuses, or... eh, I'll stop. The point is that there really is no 'rape culture' - their is a mindset that is common to rapists, but it has not been connected in any way to his immediate social environment, but rather his opinion on women, interpretation of certain normally neutral stimuli (ie clothing), etc. which would have their roots in early life, probably as their own gender is solidifying.

http://shakespearessister.blogspot.com/ ... e-101.html

I could replace "rape culture" in that essay with "glory"* and it would be precisely as true.

*: a reference to Humpty Dumpty's isomorphic word game in Alice in Wonderland.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Tallberg
Attaché

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tallberg » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:42 pm

It's entirely plausible; nay, likely, that she's in the same camp as a Glenn Beck or a Joseph McCarthy; unable to explain the fact that certain men are either sexually attracted to the control, or are just plain assholes who break the law and take the innocence of a woman (a horrible crime, I might add, that no one in there right mind condones), she's decided that there is a "rape culture," where, if you're not actively campaigning against rape (something that goes without saying, since most people are against it period), then you are obviously for rape. It's the same mindset that if you're not looking for the Communist, you are the Communist. And it's ridiculous, reactionary, and divisive.

Augarundus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Augarundus » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:42 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:Because there is no systematic rape of men by women. Women can rape men, sure, but every instance of such is an individual action. The reverse is not true. Rape of women by men is a systemic problem arising out of the structure of society. It's not simply a case of individual bad men acting out.

Except that isn't true! "Men" cannot systemically rape "women".

Each individual is his own moral agent (apologies for the gendered language of "his"; however, that is technically correct thanks patriarchal Anglo-Saxons); the violence committed within rape is solely the responsibility of the individual who is the moral agent responsible for the rape.

There is no "society" or "culture" responsible for this rape because there is no such thing as "society" or "culture", just as there is no "God", no "Nation", no "People", etc.; these abstractions can ONLY refer to the actions of individuals.
Libertarian Purity Test Score: 160
Capitalism is always the answer. Whenever there's a problem in capitalism, you just need some more capitalism. If the solution isn't capitalism, then it's not really a problem. If your capitalism gets damaged, you just need to throw some capitalism on it and get on with your life.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:42 pm

The Cummunist State wrote:Guilty until proven innocent = thousands of innocents going to jail.
Also, why is the same not for men? Why is their default position yes?

Because there is no systematic rape of men by women. Women can rape men, sure, but every instance of such is an individual action. The reverse is not true. Rape of women by men is a systemic problem arising out of the structure of society. It's not simply a case of individual bad men acting out.

A proposed criminal procedure that not only violates Innocent Until Proven Guilty, but appeals to your hangup. Big surprise.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:42 pm

Raeyh wrote:
1000 Cats wrote: However, none of my friends have ever raped anyone, and nor have I.

I have trouble believing you when your signature claims you are a zoophile, which generally involves statutory rape. Let's see: "zoophile: a sexual attraction to animals." I take it back, you could just lust after them, so maybe your claim is true. On that note, anyone could claim that they were not fully informed on all the nuances of sex, and therefore could not give informed consent. If they couldn't give informed consent, wouldn't that also be statutory rape?

I hear people say things like this and I assume they must be virgins, because very rarely when two human beings have sex do they formally ask each other first. If you want to discuss it further, you can telegram me. ;)

Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:43 pm

1000 Cats wrote:No, I don't. I think she is a parody.

So what's her real position? Is she a Phyllis Schlaffley anti-feminist type?
Gays are made up of gaytrinos and they interact via faggons, which are massless spin 2 particles. They're massless because gays care so much about their weight, and have spin 2, cause that's as much spin as particles can get, and liberals love spin. The exchange of spin 2 particles creates an attractive force between objects, which is why gays are so promiscuous. When gays get "settle down" into a lower energy state by marrying, they release faggon particles in the form of gaydiation. Everyone is a little bit gay, so every human body has some gaytrinos in it, meaning that the gaydiation could cause straight people to be attracted to gays and choose to turn gay.

Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:43 pm

1000 Cats wrote:No, I don't. I think she is a parody.

So what's her real position? Is she a Phyllis Schlaffley anti-feminist type?

Socialdemokraterne
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Socialdemokraterne » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:43 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:I think it's our moral duty to bend over backwards in order to help people who have been historically oppressed.

Or, rather than perverting our legal system by shifting the burden of proof from the plaintiff to the defendant, we could simply continue to convict rapists who have been demonstrated by evidence to be guilty?

If this means a few innocent men go to prison in order to greatly reduce rape, doesn't the end justify the means?

No. The ends justifying the means is a god-awful basis for a country's legal precedents. By that sort of thinking, in the name of diverting crime and terrorism everyone should be forced to allow their municipal government to put security cameras in their houses and workplaces. Nothing to hide, nothing to fear, right?
A social democracy following a variant of the Nordic model of the European welfare state composed of a union of Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Greenland, Denmark, Sleswig-Holstein, and a bit of Estonia.

Leder du måske efter en dansk region? Dansk!

The Congregationists
Ambassador

Founded: May 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Congregationists » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:45 pm

Four-sided Triangles wrote:http://blog.iblamethepatriarchy.com/2007/05/16/the-new-page-of-consent/

This article proposes a different system to deal with rape than the current one. Rather than focusing on issues of consent, it presumes that the legal default of all women be "no." In other words, the law assumes that a woman did not want sex unless it can be proven otherwise. This would essentially be a reversal of the burden of proof.

Under this system, all accusations of rape would automatically be considered correct. Every woman who says she was raped was, by definition, raped.

Proponents of the system say that it would definitely cut down of the amount of rapes out there. They also allege that it would not be abused, or if it were abused, the abuse would be so absolutely minor as to be negligible. They also state that it doesn't hurt men at all, since a man is perfectly free to refrain from ever having sex at all if he wants to avoid any risk of being accused of rape.

Opponents allege that it would, in fact, be abused far more than the proponents seem to think. They also assert that it is not only counter to the fundamental notion of innocent until proven guilty, but it also technically criminalizes all heterosexual intercourse.

What does NSG think? Would this legal idea of rape be abused harshly, or is that simply conspiratorial thinking? It seems to be quite obvious that this would lower the overall amount of rape in the world, so the only questions are whether it's just and whether or not the potential for abuse outweighs the benefit.

I'm actually not sure myself. It would certainly lower the amount of rape out there, and the whole notion of constant false rape accusations as revenge from bitter women is pretty much a myth. On the other hand, the potential for abuse does exist. Of course, the potential can be completely avoided if a man simply elects to never have sex. I'm ambivalent here.

<sigh>

I've seen this blog before and suspect it is to feminism what Christwire and Landover baptist are to conservative Christianity. I suspect Poe's law here. Never the less, a more cynical and pessimistic me thinks you've just read is what rape law is going to look like fifteen years from now.
•Criticism of sentimental love, marriage, sex, religion, and rituals.
•Valuing reason over emotion and imagination
•Ironic, indirect, and impersonal (objective) representation of ideas.
•Uncompromising criticism of romantic illusions.
•Advocacy of pragmatism and disapproval of idealism and ideology.
•Especially vehement opposition to neo-liberalism, social democracy, communism, libertarianism and feminism.
•Satirisation of irrational and whimsical attitudes of the so-called creative class.
•Criticism of social, political, cultural, and moral customs and manners of the contemporary society.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General