NATION

PASSWORD

Horse meat, your opinion!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you LOVE horse meat?

yes, of course darling
13%
no, a horse is a car, and I don't eat cars
8%
no, a horse is a friend, and I don't eat friends
20%
yes, a horse is just a walking sausage
17%
I don't care about fucking horse
30%
I eat eggs
12%

Total votes : 130

Tsa-la-gi Nation
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsa-la-gi Nation » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:44 am

Skibereen wrote:
Kamany wrote:I'd like to have the answer of the older argue we have, here, in South Yorkshire!

Im an American, Ive never eaten horse(as far as I know) but I can say with absolute certainty that I do not find the idea of eating horses to be offensive or off putting at all and I would dine on a horse in a heartbeat, so long as the person cooking it was known to me to be familiar with its preparation.

I agree with this. However, a few months ago, congress legalized horse slaughter for human consumption. I worry about about fastfood quietly becomming, lets say 35% horse - 65% beef, without the consumer even knowing it.

I do however eat eggs, & I think I'm going to go cook some right now :)

Sociobiology
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sociobiology » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:53 am

Tsa-la-gi Nation wrote:
Skibereen wrote:Im an American, Ive never eaten horse(as far as I know) but I can say with absolute certainty that I do not find the idea of eating horses to be offensive or off putting at all and I would dine on a horse in a heartbeat, so long as the person cooking it was known to me to be familiar with its preparation.

I agree with this. However, a few months ago, congress legalized horse slaughter for human consumption. I worry about about fastfood quietly becomming, lets say 35% horse - 65% beef, without the consumer even knowing it.

I do however eat eggs, & I think I'm going to go cook some right now :)

just look at whether they claim at as beef or meat. kinda like hotdogs the standard hotdog is beef, chicken and pork, but are labeled as such.
I think we risk becoming the best informed society that has ever died of ignorance. ~Reuben Blades

I got quite annoyed after the Haiti earthquake. A baby was taken from the wreckage and people said it was a miracle. It would have been a miracle had God stopped the earthquake. More wonderful was that a load of evolved monkeys got together to save the life of a child that wasn't theirs. ~Terry Pratchett

Pastel Ponies
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pastel Ponies » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:59 am

Neigh!

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:15 am

its probably better then no meat. i'm not sure i know or care if i've eaten it or not. considering how many things i've eaten, in places where other people were eating it too, and they didn't keel over either, that i have no idea what the mystery meat in it was, it's certainly at least possible. but i haven't knowingly sought it out.

i kind of like the "i don't eat cars", except i kind of wish somebody would, or at least melt them down to make solar powered narrow gauge trains out of.

but horses, well any meat i eat, some creature has to have lived and died for me to be able to do so. i don't see a horse as any more immune to this then any other living thing.
i'd rather eat cloned cells then for anything to have to be killed, but i consume a rather large percentage of animal protean, which is at least not unnatural. humans aren't the only omnivours that do, and of course absolute carnivours would starve if they didn't.

if there's one meat we souldn't eat, its monkey or pig, as spungiform encifalitus has been statistically linked in a big way to canabalism. the bovine form used to be called mad cow. the human forms are alzhiemers and i forget the other one, though i had it a minuet ago. (got to lay off the bacon) far as i know, horses aren't anywhere near as closely related.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

Previous

Return to General