NATION

PASSWORD

2012 MLB discussion thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

SkillCrossbones
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 30, 2005
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby SkillCrossbones » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:33 pm

"Cardinals down to their last strike." Yawn...

"For the second time, down to their last strike." Heard it before...

Zombie Cardinals advance! Sorry Nats, I really liked you guys, but it just wasn't meant to be this year...
The Noblest Motive Is the Public Good

The contents of this post may not be reproduced or disseminated without the express written consent of the office of the President of SkillCrossbones

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Who ya got in the LCS's?

Postby Qazox » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:40 pm

So the ALCS and NLCS are now set... who ya got?

ALCS: Detroit Tigers v. New York Yankees (Detroit is 2-0 in postseason v. Yankees alltime)

Yankees in 7

NLCS: St. Louis Cardinals v. San Francisco Giants (Rematch of 2002 and 1987 NLCS)

Cardinals in 7.. probably coming back from an 0-3 series deficit and trailing 19-0 with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th in game 4

World Series:
Cardinals 4-3 over Yankees. probably coming back from an 0-3 series deficit and trailing 678-0 with 2 outs in the top of the 9th in game 4.
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

SkillCrossbones
Diplomat

Postby SkillCrossbones » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:42 pm

Qazox wrote:Cardinals in 7.. probably coming back from an 0-3 series deficit and trailing 19-0 with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th in game 4

World Series:
Cardinals 4-3 over Yankees. probably coming back from an 0-3 series deficit and trailing 678-0 with 2 outs in the top of the 9th in game 4.

Can't say I'd be surprised. But I'd probably be on my 3rd artificial heart by the end of the month.

Some fun stats: Cardinals are now 14-5 all-time in winner-take-all games. That is the best record out of every team in baseball.

Last time they lost a winner-take-all game was Game 5 of the 2001 NLCS, vs the Diamondbacks.

Also, no team prior to today has ever come back from a defect greater than four in a winner-take-all game.

Zombie Cards!
Last edited by SkillCrossbones on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The contents of this post may not be reproduced or disseminated without the express written consent of the office of the President of SkillCrossbones

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:09 pm

inb4 Strasburg would've won the Nats the series.

North California
Minister

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby North California » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:10 pm

Oakland :'(
I am a staunch supporter of Austrian Theory economics as defined by Ludwig von Mises, and I consider myself to be a libertarian and I support Ron Paul Gary Johnson. Basically, I am a capitalist revolutionary
Economic Left/Right: 6.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.92

Everyone should watch this video

Factbook

Got a US-themed nation, and need a flag? This is the place

American Nationalist. Yet, anti-American government

SkillCrossbones
Diplomat

Postby SkillCrossbones » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:15 pm

Last 3 World Series winners have advanced to the CS round. Last time the Tigers won the series was 1984.

Also, it's been a great time to be a Cardinal fan. They are playing in their 7th NLCS in 12 years. (2000, ’02, ’04, ’05, ’06, ’11, ’12)
Last edited by SkillCrossbones on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:54 pm

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:inb4 Strasburg would've won the Nats the series.

From now until April... that's all DC fans will be thinking/saying.
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

SkillCrossbones
Diplomat

Postby SkillCrossbones » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:56 pm

Qazox wrote:
Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:inb4 Strasburg would've won the Nats the series.

From now until April... that's all DC fans will be thinking/saying.

Well, at least they've got the Redskins...

TaQud
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:27 am

wow Cardinals win again :twisted:

sick of seeing the same teams every year advancing (giants, cardinals, yankees) gets boring...
CENTRIST Economic Left/Right: 0.62 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46
List Your Sexuality, nickname(s), NSG Family and Friends, your NS Boyfriend or Girlfriend, gender, favorite quotes and anything else that shows your ego here.
(Because I couldn't live without knowing who was part of NSG Family or what your nickname was. I was panicking for days! I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep I was so worried that I'd would never know and have to live without knowing this! /sarcasm)
2013 Best signature Award

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:54 am

TaQud wrote:wow Cardinals win again :twisted:

sick of seeing the same teams every year advancing (giants, cardinals, yankees) gets boring...

Now if the Indians were one of those teams... me thinks you wouldn't protest as much.

At least we have a chance to see a classic World Series matchup this year. Other than Det-SF, there's history behind every possible match-up this year, which means ratings will go up.
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

TaQud
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:23 am

Qazox wrote:
TaQud wrote:wow Cardinals win again :twisted:

Now if the Indians were one of those teams... me thinks you wouldn't protest as much.

At least we have a chance to see a classic World Series matchup this year. Other than Det-SF, there's history behind every possible match-up this year, which means ratings will go up.

true.

I rather see Det-SF...
List Your Sexuality, nickname(s), NSG Family and Friends, your NS Boyfriend or Girlfriend, gender, favorite quotes and anything else that shows your ego here.
(Because I couldn't live without knowing who was part of NSG Family or what your nickname was. I was panicking for days! I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep I was so worried that I'd would never know and have to live without knowing this! /sarcasm)

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:25 am

TaQud wrote:
Qazox wrote:

true.

I rather see Det-SF...

Yankees -- SF has so much more history to it. :)

Arod is signed through 2017 at around 29 mill per year. Have a good laugh america, have a good laugh. (where is the crying smilie on this thing).
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

The Jahistic Unified Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jahistic Unified Republic » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:26 am

I go to bed during the third inning of the Nats Cards game, when it was 3-0, and I wake up to find out the Cardinals won... the hell?

<Koyro> (Democratic Koyro) NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
The Emerald Dawn wrote:"Considering Officer Krupke was patently idiotic to charge these young men in the first place, we're dropping the charges in the interest of not wasting any more of the Judiciary's time with farcical charges brought by officers who require more training on basic legal principles."

Baseball is Best Sport. Life long StL Fan.

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:38 am

The Jahistic Unified Republic wrote:I go to bed during the third inning of the Nats Cards game, when it was 3-0, and I wake up to find out the Cardinals won... the hell?

It's the Zombie Cardinals... THEY WON'T DIE.
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jahistic Unified Republic » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:44 am

Qazox wrote:
The Jahistic Unified Republic wrote:I go to bed during the third inning of the Nats Cards game, when it was 3-0, and I wake up to find out the Cardinals won... the hell?

It's the Zombie Cardinals... THEY WON'T DIE.

Cardiac Cardinals, Zombie Cardinals... Any other names? I like them :P

<Koyro> (Democratic Koyro) NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
The Emerald Dawn wrote:"Considering Officer Krupke was patently idiotic to charge these young men in the first place, we're dropping the charges in the interest of not wasting any more of the Judiciary's time with farcical charges brought by officers who require more training on basic legal principles."

TaQud
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:19 am

Ethel mermania wrote:Arod is signed through 2017 at around 29 mill per year. Have a good laugh america, have a good laugh. (where is the crying smilie on this thing).

I feel so bad for you. You only have 27 World Series Championships...

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jahistic Unified Republic » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:58 pm

TaQud wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Arod is signed through 2017 at around 29 mill per year. Have a good laugh america, have a good laugh. (where is the crying smilie on this thing).

Such a tragic case.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:11 pm

TaQud wrote:

Soon to be 28. :)

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jahistic Unified Republic » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:38 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
TaQud wrote:I feel so bad for you. You only have 27 World Series Championships...

Soon to be 28. :)

You're cute.

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:41 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
TaQud wrote:I feel so bad for you. You only have 27 World Series Championships...

Soon to be 28. :) Will remain at 27 until A-Roid retires

corrected.
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:19 pm

Ow...Derek Jeter broke his ankle on that play in the 12th inning and is gone for the rest of the season.

I think this injury swings the entire series in favor of the Tigers.
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

SkillCrossbones
Diplomat

Postby SkillCrossbones » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:38 pm

Qazox wrote:Ow...Derek Jeter broke his ankle on that play in the 12th inning and is gone for the rest of the season.

I think this injury swings the entire series in favor of the Tigers.

Tough luck for Jeter there. He's an old man by baseball standards, will be wondering just how well he recovers from this.

Can't say I'm sad for the Yankees and their fans, though.

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:16 am

Yesssssss the Yankees lossssssssst.

TaQud
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:45 am

Christmahanikwanzikah wrote:Yesssssss the Yankees lossssssssst.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bow: Yes!

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:12 am

Brother can you spare a hit?

Fwiw the yankee broadcasters (kay and singleton) do not think the series is going back to NY. And that is with CC and Petitte, pitching tonite and tomorrow.

Honestly, the yankee pitching has been better than I expected. The hitting otoh......

This is going to be an interesting off season. I miss george.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General