NATION

PASSWORD

?god?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Desperate Measures
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Re: ?god?

Postby Desperate Measures » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:10 am

Kinzakastan wrote:
When is Jesus coming back so that I can see his miracles and believe?

1. Timing of second coming is incalculable, unpredictable

Your question really depends on which ideas you follow. I mean personally I think that people misinterpret prophecy in the NT and that God's reapearance to us is meant to either be individual or far far in the future and in a way that we wouldn't be able to comprehend. You should really look into that yourself if you think its worthwhile.

As for belief, by exploring the truth of the bible and opening your self up to salvation you will understand miracles. I know I can only speak for myself. But I personaly have witnessed miracles. Say what you will, but I was lost, wrecked, and fallen and I was found and I was fixed and I was held up. I can't force you to believe or see what I see. I can only show you what I've seen and hope you pursue it for yourself.

Why would God, who can pretty much do anything from what I understand, only give a few select people the opportunity to see Jesus in the flesh perform miracles and deny the rest of humanity this privilege? There must have been some who needed to see both Jesus and witness a miracle in order to believe and under any other circumstances would be sentenced to an eternity in hell. Hardly seems fair.
"a preoccupation with the next world pretty clearly signals an inability to cope credibly with this one" fun quote by Richard Morgan
Last edited by Desperate Measures on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music."
- Vladimir Nabokov US (1899 - 1977)
Also, me.
“Man has such a predilection for systems and abstract deductions that he is ready to distort the truth intentionally, he is ready to deny the evidence of his senses only to justify his logic”
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky Russian Novelist and Writer, 1821-1881
"All Clock Faces Are Wrong." - Gene Ray, Prophet(?) http://www.timecube.com
A simplified maxim on the subject states "An atheist would say, 'I don't believe God exists'; an agnostic would say, 'I don't know whether or not God exists'; and an ignostic would say, 'I don't know what you mean when you say, "God exists" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism

Previous

Return to General