NATION

PASSWORD

Ridiculous School Rules

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:01 am

Grainne Ni Malley wrote:
Forsher wrote:
I imagine it would be. Surely they'd stay on the path? That way the nuns couldn't actually do anything...

We had a chain link fence around the main courtyard, which is where the only incident I can recall occurred. Had any one of the girls been smart about it, they could have just met up at a different section, but I suspect the boy's visit was a surprise. He beckoned to his girlfriend from the other side of the chain link fence and the nuns cleared the entire span of the courtyard in .06 seconds.

I see. Was it a boarding school?

Forster Keys wrote:
Forsher wrote:
I find Time is more trustworthy.

:clap:

Thank you.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Great Malema
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Malema » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:02 am

Van Dalia wrote:But ends a great deal more, and not in very pleasant ways. Slowly dying over the course of 2 years from smoke-induced emphysema like my grandmother did didn't look very fun.

We all die in unpleasant ways, we all die at different ages. Who knows, I may even live longer than you.

Van Dalia
Envoy

Founded: Aug 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Van Dalia » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:04 am

Great Malema wrote:
Van Dalia wrote:But ends a great deal more, and not in very pleasant ways. Slowly dying over the course of 2 years from smoke-induced emphysema like my grandmother did didn't look very fun.

We all die in unpleasant ways, we all die at different ages. Who knows, I may even live longer than you.

Certainly, but personally I'd like to delay it a little, and avoid that particular death. Clearly you think differently, fair enough.

Hm.

What would the most pleasant way to die be? Not neutral, like instant death via gunshot to the head, but most pleasant...
Metal for Life
Agnostic Atheist
Liberal
Progressive

Great Malema
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Malema » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:05 am

Forster Keys wrote:
Great Malema wrote:
We're cheaper to care for than non smokers and we have more fun.

Haters gonna hate.

Pff. Not hating. I know heaps of smokers extremely well. I grew up around tobacco. It's your life man.

I wasn't necessarily referring to you as a hater, but the ones who get all anal and think they can control everyone are definitely haters.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:08 am

Great Malema wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:
Pff. Not hating. I know heaps of smokers extremely well. I grew up around tobacco. It's your life man.

I wasn't necessarily referring to you as a hater, but the ones who get all anal and think they can control everyone are definitely haters.

Smoking is fine as long as smokers try to keep it to themselves. I am probably what you would call a hater, mostly because I would like to drastically reduce smoking.

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Great Malema
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Malema » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:09 am

Forsher wrote:
Great Malema wrote:

Smoking is fine as long as smokers try to keep it to themselves. I am probably what you would call a hater, mostly because I would like to drastically reduce smoking.

Hold on a second, are you Kirrig?

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:09 am

Great Malema wrote:
Forsher wrote:

Hold on a second, are you Kirrig?

No, why?

Van Dalia
Envoy

Founded: Aug 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Van Dalia » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:09 am

Yeah, I don't have a problem with people smoking, I just have a problem when others are forced to partake, such as the hypothetical of smoking being allowed inside a classroom.
Metal for Life
Agnostic Atheist
Liberal
Progressive

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:54 am

Okay I have thought of a school rule... well, I say school rule, more we have traffic officers watching you!

Seriously, the buses cause all the problems. Or, at least, the dumb arses that mill about on the path and make it impossible for those of us who have to walk pass to get pass.

Wiztopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Wiztopia » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:46 am

Not sure if I ever posted this before but a stupid school rule I remember from Junior High was that you would automatically get a detention if you were late no matter what. Even if it was only your first time.

Tahar Joblis
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tahar Joblis » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:51 am

At my high school, one was not allowed to ride bicycles, skateboards, roller skates, or roller blades in the hallways, if I recall correctly. (This pre-dated the scooter fad, but they might have been on the list somewhere.)

This seems like a perfectly sensible rule, until you consider that it didn't cover unicycles. :p
Last edited by Tahar Joblis on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Divair
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:02 pm

Tahar Joblis wrote:At my high school, one was not allowed to ride bicycles, skateboards, roller skates, or roller blades in the hallways, if I recall correctly. (This pre-dated the scooter fad, but they might have been on the list somewhere.)

This seems like a perfectly sensible rule, until you consider that it didn't cover unicycles. :p

*Shrug* Makes sense.

Diplomas94
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

School

Postby Diplomas94 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:05 am

Generally School wants best teaching a students. There are generally rules basically to strict first time. Students wants to free education with lovable education. Students wants to best practical example with online and off line education level.

Crownariam
Envoy

Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Crownariam » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:09 am

One time I accessed mine-craft at school, it turns out it was blocked at one point. It got reblocked, and i didn't really care about that. my problem is that i had nationstates open in another tab, my teacher thought that i was using that as a proxy. now nationstates is blocked at my school. That i cared about.
Last edited by Crownariam on Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mushet
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Mushet » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:20 am

I think my college outlawed zombies.
"what I believe is like a box, and we’re taking the energy of our thinking and putting into a box of beliefs, pretending that we’re thinking...I’ve gone through most of my life not believing anything. Either I know or I don’t know, or I think." - John Trudell

Gun control is, and always has been, a tool of white supremacy.

Puppet: E-City ranked #1 in the world for Highest Drug Use on 5/25/2015
Puppet Sacred Heart Church ranked #2 in the world for Nudest 2/25/2010
OP of a 5 page archived thread The Forum Seven Tit Museum
Previous Official King of Forum 7 (2010-2012/13), relinquished own title
First person to get AQ'd Quote was funnier in 2011, you had to have been there
Celebrating over a decade on Nationstates!

Hathradic States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hathradic States » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:25 am

At my brother's school you couldn't wear anything with guns on it.

Liberals: Honestly I was wrong bout em.
I swear I'm not as terrible as you remember.
Sadly Proven Right in 2016
Final text here.

Tasrailia
Envoy

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tasrailia » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:56 am

Hathradic States wrote:At my brother's school you couldn't wear anything with guns on it.

Ok

Empire of Narnia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Narnia » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:59 am

In my school nothing was blocked. The teachers generally did not care.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:04 am

Any site that has some form of gaming is blocked(NS is on that list)
No facial hair(They don't really enforce this one)
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Crownariam
Envoy

Founded: Oct 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Crownariam » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:33 am

Alyakia wrote:
Odins Scandinavia wrote:
it goes everywhere. particularly in the chem lab, because i wear sweat pants every day

and if i could go naked without the weird looks and/or frostbite that go along with it, i totally would.

speaking of the chemlab, do you throw coats and glasses to the ground for liberty?

i really want to see a naked man being arrested by the police being dragged away screaming about MY LIBTERY THIS IS THE BIGGEST THREAT

So do I.

DrakoLand
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby DrakoLand » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:19 am

OMGeverynameistaken wrote:
Desperate Measures wrote:You take a stand and you take it now. You stand up in class, head to the bathroom. If any teacher stops you, urinate. Urinate immediately. They will speak of your bravery for years to come.

And the teacher will salute you, while a single tear runs down his cheek.

That wasn't a tear

DrakoLand
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby DrakoLand » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:21 am

New haven america wrote:Any site that has some form of gaming is blocked(NS is on that list)
No facial hair(They don't really enforce this one)

I was lectured by the principle for having a bad-ass mohawk like haircut. My hair on the side was almost bold but on top and back it was a long Mohawk. Thus I was told to never do it again "cause this is a good school and we want people to know we have good kids here".
Of course a badass haircut is worse than people smoking on every break inside school, right?

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General