NATION

PASSWORD

Ridiculous School Rules

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Knights of the Golden Circle
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Knights of the Golden Circle » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:25 am

Pmea wrote:As a sophomore in high school, obviously I think quite a few rules are unnecessary. But this time, they just went too far. Now to leave the classroom for any reason, a student must have a signed pass. This really gets to me during my last class of the day, which is literally right across the hall from bathrooms, water fountains, and my locker. Students here usually just complain, but they might actually do something about this. Thoughts?

Exact same thing just happend to my school.

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:25 am

Forster Keys wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:
Moonshine does go really well with cigarettes.

I feel threatened by your overbearing masculinity.

Hey I'm just saying. Have you ever had moonshine or cigarettes? Or the combination of the two? They go great...but then cigarettes and any type of alcohol go really well together.

Van Dalia
Envoy

Founded: Aug 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Van Dalia » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:26 am

Trollgaard wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:
I feel threatened by your overbearing masculinity.

Hey I'm just saying. Have you ever had moonshine or cigarettes? Or the combination of the two? They go great...but then cigarettes and any type of alcohol go really well together.

Yeah man, lung/mouth/throat cancer and liver failure are the perfect combination.
Metal for Life
Agnostic Atheist
Liberal
Progressive

Great Malema
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Malema » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:26 am

Trollgaard wrote:
Great Malema wrote:
I'm a Marlboro Reds smoker myself. It's literally heaven in a box.

I do enjoy Marlboros quite a bit! Have you tried Winston full flavored's though? They are great!

Once or twice. I remember they last longer than Marlboro Reds, but the taste isn't as good.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:27 am

Forster Keys wrote:
Forsher wrote:
Bad luck.

I pre-empted such jokes. Hence the disclaimer.

You're no fun!

The disclaimer is necessary. I need protection from zealots who remove the context from posts.

Andres-Castillo Land wrote:Why are you all derailing this thread?

We are still debating the silliness of anti-smoking school rules. On that note, they are very sensible.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:28 am

Van Dalia wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:

Yeah man, lung/mouth/throat cancer and liver failure are the perfect combination.

You're just a party pooper. Its a known fact that people who drink and smoke are more fun than people who don't.

Van Dalia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Van Dalia » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:29 am

Yeah man, people who smell like shit and act like idiots are so fun!
Metal for Life
Agnostic Atheist
Liberal
Progressive

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:29 am

Trollgaard wrote:
Van Dalia wrote:Yeah man, lung/mouth/throat cancer and liver failure are the perfect combination.

You're just a party pooper. Its a known fact that people who drink and smoke are more fun than people who don't.

Source?

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Trollgaard
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Trollgaard » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:31 am

Forsher wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:

Source?

Life.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:32 am

Trollgaard wrote:
Forsher wrote:
Source?

Life.

I find Time is more trustworthy.

Great Malema
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Malema » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:32 am

Forster Keys wrote:
Great Malema wrote:
I'm a Marlboro Reds smoker myself. It's literally heaven in a box.

I'd spruik a big tobacco company too, but they're poisonous and smell like death. :)

We're cheaper to care for than non smokers and we have more fun.

Haters gonna hate.

Great Malema
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Malema » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:33 am

Van Dalia wrote:Yeah man, people who smell like shit and act like idiots are so fun!

Right, and anti-everything hypochondriacs are?

Drakeshold
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Drakeshold » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:34 am

Heterodox Economists wrote:
Pmea wrote:As a sophomore in high school, obviously I think quite a few rules are unnecessary. But this time, they just went too far. Now to leave the classroom for any reason, a student must have a signed pass. This really gets to me during my last class of the day, which is literally right across the hall from bathrooms, water fountains, and my locker. Students here usually just complain, but they might actually do something about this. Thoughts?

The public school system is severely flawed, if you believe its goal to be to educate the children. The real lessons learned in school is that strict rules and mandatory attendance policies force you to learn what others want you to learn, even if said material is not necessarily what is in your best interest to learn. Adults have certain rights when dealing with law enforcement personnel, in the classroom students seem to have no such rights when dealing with school personnel. I think the reason for the lack of students rights is because younger children do not have the capability of lobbying for change. The best illustration of this is that the quality of school lunches correlates with the age and grade of the children. Clearly as students get older, the lunches tend to become higher and higher quality. This is because older students begin to have the capability to protest the lower quality lunches.

We have passes, we're issued ids that have to be worn 8:00-3:45, and food quality sucks. While the school I went to freshman year only did passes, and had good food. Thanks Greenville SC schools.
A storage place for Daemyrs' sig
You can call me Alex or Harvey in OOC. IC, it's Daemyrs or my character's name
The Ego Spoiler
medok wrote: Daemyrs is now my new god.
All hail Daemyrs!

The Unified States of Daemyrs

Единый Штатов ДЕМуры

EinheitlicheStaaten Daemyrs

新日本の統一国

Van Dalia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Van Dalia » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:35 am

Who said I'm an anti everything hypochondriac? I just like smelling good and living longer. If you want to smoke weed that's fine by me, it smells better and doesn't kill you.
Metal for Life
Agnostic Atheist
Liberal
Progressive

Grainne Ni Malley
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Grainne Ni Malley » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:36 am

Having gone to a Catholic all-girls' school, I have to say "No boys near the perimeter" was just plain asinine. Though, watching the nuns freak out and scurry to chase off a visiting boyfriend was always amusing.
*insert boring personal information, political slant, witty quotes, and some fancy text color here*

Гроня Ни Маллий - In fond memory of Dyakovo. I will always remember you. Thank you for the laughs.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:42 am

Grainne Ni Malley wrote:Having gone to a Catholic all-girls' school, I have to say "No boys near the perimeter" was just plain asinine. Though, watching the nuns freak out and scurry to chase off a visiting boyfriend was always amusing.

I imagine it would be. Surely they'd stay on the path? That way the nuns couldn't actually do anything...

Great Malema
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Malema » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:43 am

Van Dalia wrote:Who said I'm an anti everything hypochondriac? I just like smelling good and living longer. If you want to smoke weed that's fine by me, it smells better and doesn't kill you.

I'd rather cost less to be taken care for and I'd rather have more fun.

I guess we're even.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:46 am

Trollgaard wrote:
Van Dalia wrote:Yeah man, lung/mouth/throat cancer and liver failure are the perfect combination.

Later death = more time for parties. I pity you if you can't have fun without having to digest poisonous substances. You're gung ho attitude is making me sound like Hippostania. And I don't like that.
The blue sky above beckons us to take our freedom, to paint our path across its vastness. Across a million blades of grass, through the roars of our elation and a thousand thundering hooves, we begin our reply.

Van Dalia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Van Dalia » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:46 am

Yeah, but see, you may have more fun in your shorter lifespan, but since I live longer the total amount of fun evens out. So yeah, looks like we're even. Hey man, wanna do some heroin? It's good for you and fun!
Last edited by Van Dalia on Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Metal for Life
Agnostic Atheist
Liberal
Progressive

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:47 am

Great Malema wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:
I'd spruik a big tobacco company too, but they're poisonous and smell like death. :)

We're cheaper to care for than non smokers and we have more fun.

Haters gonna hate.

Pff. Not hating. I know heaps of smokers extremely well. I grew up around tobacco. It's your life man.
The blue sky above beckons us to take our freedom, to paint our path across its vastness. Across a million blades of grass, through the roars of our elation and a thousand thundering hooves, we begin our reply.

Grainne Ni Malley
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Grainne Ni Malley » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:47 am

Forsher wrote:
Grainne Ni Malley wrote:Having gone to a Catholic all-girls' school, I have to say "No boys near the perimeter" was just plain asinine. Though, watching the nuns freak out and scurry to chase off a visiting boyfriend was always amusing.

I imagine it would be. Surely they'd stay on the path? That way the nuns couldn't actually do anything...

We had a chain link fence around the main courtyard, which is where the only incident I can recall occurred. Had any one of the girls been smart about it, they could have just met up at a different section, but I suspect the boy's visit was a surprise. He beckoned to his girlfriend from the other side of the chain link fence and the nuns cleared the entire span of the courtyard in .06 seconds.
*insert boring personal information, political slant, witty quotes, and some fancy text color here*

Гроня Ни Маллий - In fond memory of Dyakovo. I will always remember you. Thank you for the laughs.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:47 am

Forsher wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:
Life.

I find Time is more trustworthy.

:clap:

Great Malema
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Malema » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:49 am

Van Dalia wrote:Yeah, but see, you may have more fun in your shorter lifespan, but since I live longer the total amount of fun evens out. So yeah, looks like we're even. Hey man, wanna do some heroin? It's good for you and fun!

Nah, I would rather stick to my Marlboro Reds. Care to join me?

In case you didn't know, smoking saves lives :D.

Van Dalia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Van Dalia » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:52 am

But ends a great deal more, and not in very pleasant ways. Slowly dying over the course of 2 years from smoke-induced emphysema like my grandmother did didn't look very fun.
Metal for Life
Agnostic Atheist
Liberal
Progressive

Wiztopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Wiztopia » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:59 am

Van Dalia wrote:
Trollgaard wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General