NATION

PASSWORD

Your worst self-caused injury

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Horsefish
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Horsefish » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Fionnuala_Saoirse wrote:
Horsefish wrote:6 people on a trampoline+my lack of balance+drinking+someone double bouncing me=me doing a superman jump from about 8 ft headfirst into a patch of stinging nettles.

Trampolines are fucking deathtraps. If stinging nettles were a factor on your mind in the pain you probably got off extra lucky.

I couldn't feel anything which I suppose is the benefit of drinking. My head made a fucking massive crater on the ground and my glasses were pretty fucked afterwards though, but thinking about I was quite lucky.
Areopagitican wrote:I'm not an expert in the field of moron, but what I think he's saying is that if you have to have sex with Shakira (or another dirty ethnic), at the very least, it must be part of a threesome with a white woman. It's a sacrifice, but someone has to make it.

Geniasis wrote:Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go bludgeon some whales to death with my 12-ft dick.

Georgism wrote:
Geniasis wrote:Maybe if you showered every now and then...

That's what the Nazis said, we're not falling for that one again.

The Western Reaches wrote:I learned that YOU are the reason I embarrassed myself by saying "Horsefish" instead of "Seahorse" this one time in school.

What's wrong with a little destruction?

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:03 pm

Woke up, saw the time.
Sprang out of bed to open the door.
Woke up on the floor with a sore head and a bloodmark on the door's edge, noticed the time was about 3 hours later.
What i guess happened is i opened the door too quickly and...
So in my urgency to be on time, i ended up 3 hours late and injured.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Gamhound
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 14, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gamhound » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:05 pm

two years ago when I licked a disposable camera circuit board for half a bag of skittles. Felt like I got punched in the face. Then the guy ate most of the skittles so I only got three. Duech
Last edited by Gamhound on Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flag made by Southern Babylonia

Theseonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Theseonia » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:14 pm

I don't know that i ever caused myself serious injury. I've never broken a bone or seriously sprained a muscle. I have however caused myself considerable pain by eating things i shouldn't have.

For example a few months ago I ate cheese that had a bit of green mold on it. I cut the mold off thinking i'd be fine, not the first time i'd done such a thing, except this time it led to a massive indigestion that was so painful i actually went to the hospital because i thought this might have been appendicitis. I've had digestion problems all my life so i know stomach pain, but this was beyond the scale of what i'd experienced before. Eventually i vomited for like 2 hours and was fine after about 6.

And then there's those times when i buya big bag of peanuts, eat the whole thing and then get really bad stomach pain from constipation. I do that probably once every two months because everytime i think "surely this time i can NOT eat the whole thing in one go". But then i do. :palm:
"I'm useless to you. I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions...fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..." - Boober Fraggle

Bafuria
Senator

Founded: Dec 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bafuria » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:23 pm

I forgot about the time when I was doing dips at the gym while using a sling.
I bent my knees for some reason, big mistake.

The sling slapped me in the face, leaving a red line and causing a temporary loss of vision on my right eye.
Last edited by Bafuria on Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic 3.1, Social -4.1

Waspeaters
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Waspeaters » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:44 pm

Free Georgizm wrote:Stubbed my little toe. Dear god that killed

I sympathise. I once broke my toe after walking into a wall.

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:56 pm

Theseonia wrote:I don't know that i ever caused myself serious injury. I've never broken a bone or seriously sprained a muscle. I have however caused myself considerable pain by eating things i shouldn't have.

For example a few months ago I ate cheese that had a bit of green mold on it. I cut the mold off thinking i'd be fine, not the first time i'd done such a thing, except this time it led to a massive indigestion that was so painful i actually went to the hospital because i thought this might have been appendicitis. I've had digestion problems all my life so i know stomach pain, but this was beyond the scale of what i'd experienced before. Eventually i vomited for like 2 hours and was fine after about 6.

And then there's those times when i buya big bag of peanuts, eat the whole thing and then get really bad stomach pain from constipation. I do that probably once every two months because everytime i think "surely this time i can NOT eat the whole thing in one go". But then i do. :palm:

Put a PORTION in a bowl. Put the rest in the cupboard.
Problem solved.

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:03 pm

Just remembered one time in high school.

Sitting in class, right next to the teacher. Already finished my test (don't remember my subject, believe it was world history), so I was sitting there spinning the globe on his desk. He gives me a death stare to stop. I start spinning it faster. He whacks it closer to me on the desk, so I whack it back, my fist breaks through the seam around the equator and gets trapped around pieces of wood cutting into my wrist.

I'm sitting here staring at blood like wondering how the fuck this is happening, then he has no idea so he pushed it again, the globe like pushes up my arm to my elbow and scrapes the entire way, so my whole arm has these series of bloody scrapes leaking into the globe. At this point I'm like >:( so I slam my arm down on the desk and the globe broke all over the place.

Afterwards I went to the nurse and wrapped up my arm with bandages. Still have scars :D
I am the mighty Uni.

Tiami wrote:I bow before the mighty Uni.

Lackadaisical2 wrote:If it shocked Uni, I know I don't want to read it.
You win.

Kylarnatia wrote:Steep hill + wheelchair + my lap - I think we know where that goes ;)

Katganistan wrote:That is fucking stupid.

L Ron Cupboard wrote:He appears to be propelling himself out of the flames with explosive diarrhea while his mother does jazz hands.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Because women are gods, men are pigs, and we, the males, deserve to all be castrated.

Neo Arcad wrote:Uni doesn't sleep. She waits.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Collector: "Why are these coins all sticky?"

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Katganistan wrote:
Theseonia wrote:I don't know that i ever caused myself serious injury. I've never broken a bone or seriously sprained a muscle. I have however caused myself considerable pain by eating things i shouldn't have.

Put a PORTION in a bowl. Put the rest in the cupboard.
Problem solved.

But two months later there will be a bit of mold on the peanuts. And he will think he can just scrape it off...
The Blaatschapen should resign

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:30 pm

Unilisia wrote:Just remembered one time in high school.

Sitting in class, right next to the teacher. Already finished my test (don't remember my subject, believe it was world history), so I was sitting there spinning the globe on his desk. He gives me a death stare to stop. I start spinning it faster. He whacks it closer to me on the desk, so I whack it back, my fist breaks through the seam around the equator and gets trapped around pieces of wood cutting into my wrist.

I'm sitting here staring at blood like wondering how the fuck this is happening, then he has no idea so he pushed it again, the globe like pushes up my arm to my elbow and scrapes the entire way, so my whole arm has these series of bloody scrapes leaking into the globe. At this point I'm like >:( so I slam my arm down on the desk and the globe broke all over the place.

Afterwards I went to the nurse and wrapped up my arm with bandages. Still have scars :D

You were in for a world of hurt.

Coffee Cakes
Khan of Spam

Founded: Sep 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Coffee Cakes » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:32 pm

My worst self inflicted injury is a sprained ankle I got when I was 16. I was jogging backwards and tripped...
Transnapastain wrote:CC!

Posting mod mistakes now are we?

Well, sir, you can have a Vindictive warning for making us look incompetent
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're Invisi Gay. Super hero of the Rainbow Equality Brigade!
Nana wrote:Being CC's bf is a death worse than fate.
Nana wrote:Finally, another reasonable individual.
Nana wrote: You're Ben. And Ben is many things wrapped into one being. :)
NSG Sodomy Club Member.
RIP WHYLT 11/14/2010-8/15/2011
Geniasis wrote:I've seen people lose credibility. It's been a while since I've seen it cast aside so gleefully.
Quotes Singing Contest of DOOM Champ. Softball
NS Kart Reppy Kart.

Asperger's
Satan's Apprentice Colleague
Lian's precious snowflake
Callie's Adorbs/Loyal Knight Prince's TET Husband

Ovisterra
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:33 pm

Ran along a polished wood floor in socks. Skidded. Hit a doorstop. Hit a table. Had to have head glued closed. Still have scar 7 years later.

Screwed up my thumb bad too in October playing football. Maybe sprained? I dunno. I strapped it up and it was fine after about 2 weeks.
Last edited by Ovisterra on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Removing the text from people's sigs doesn't make it any less true. I stand with Yalta.

Arcturus Novus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 03, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arcturus Novus » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:38 pm

Running+being 2 years old+wall+toddlers' inability to walk straight= seven stitches in my forehead for ripping the dermis underneath my actual skin. Internal bleeding probably sucked.
Arcy (she/her), NS' fourth-favorite transsexual communist!
"I can fix her!" cool, I'm gonna make her worse.
me - my politics - my twitter
Nilokeras wrote:there is of course an interesting thread to pull on [...]
Unfortunately we're all forced to participate in whatever baroque humiliation kink the OP has going on instead.

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:41 pm

I remember walking in front of my dad when he was trimming the lawn. I have an adorable scar on my lip, but I'm not sure if that counts.

The next worse thing is that I dislocated both of my big toes when I started to outgrow my shoes. I would trip a lot, and eventually I tripped and twisted my right big toe beyond recognition. They're still a little stiff whenever I try to wiggle my toes.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Ovisterra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:43 pm

Well damn. I've read like 2 posts and realised that my incidents are puny.
Last edited by Ovisterra on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Removing the text from people's sigs doesn't make it any less true. I stand with Yalta.

Sorratsin
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorratsin » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:46 pm

When I was ten or so I watched a TV documentary on Asian martial arts. Being young and impressionable I ended up putting my face through a glass coffee table not long after. The only cuts I got were on my feet and legs, but I also fractured my eye orbit mildly.

Ovisterra
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:51 pm

Sorratsin wrote:When I was ten or so I watched a TV documentary on Asian martial arts. Being young and impressionable I ended up putting my face through a glass coffee table not long after. The only cuts I got were on my feet and legs, but I also fractured my eye orbit mildly.

Ouch! TV combined with impressionability claims another victim.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:53 pm

Ovisterra wrote:
Sorratsin wrote:When I was ten or so I watched a TV documentary on Asian martial arts. Being young and impressionable I ended up putting my face through a glass coffee table not long after. The only cuts I got were on my feet and legs, but I also fractured my eye orbit mildly.

I recommend watching Tom&Jerry *nods*

Sorratsin
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sorratsin » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:54 pm

Ovisterra wrote:

At least I hit puberty before mythbusters or jackass went on air, I'd be dead or in jail otherwise.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:58 pm

Worst injury was tripping. Gashed part of my lip, but did not need stitches. Protip: Tie your shoes.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Dagnia
Senator

Founded: Jul 27, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Dagnia » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:45 pm

Some of the details leading up to this are a little sketchy, but I will not forget the actual event or the things in he hours afterward. When I was 9, I was helping my mother in the back garden. We had just cleaned out a fish tank and it was now laying empty in the back yard. I picked something up, backed up and notice my heel hurt very badly. I had backed it into the tank.
My mother took a look and said we were going to have to go to the Army hospital. We were living on Hickam Air Force Base in Hawaii at the time and (I don't remember the reason) the emergency room was at that Army hospital around Honolulu. For some reason, the name of it alone inspired dread in us (not mentioning the name, if it is a mostly good hospital, I don't want a few bad experiences poorly remembered anyway painting a bad picture of a military hospital). My younger brother once cut himself with an Exacto knife while building a model airplane, and it was like nothing to him, but then he heard the name of that hospital and started screaming. When I heard it this time, I wasn't exactly thrilled either.
After some waiting, I got to see a nurse, a Japanese woman who mistook my mother for some woman who had thrown up on her some time earlier, who looked at it. She said it may require butterfly tape or stitches. A doctor came in and looked at it. Then the nurse came back. I got two shots up my heel apparently to numb it for the stitches. A third person came in and I was sent home without stitches.
I never completely understood what was going on, but when I told a friend of a similar political stripe as me, he said it sounded like a hospital run in the same way as a DMV or Post Office.
Wait an hour, and it will be now again

Qazox
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Qazox » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:24 pm

Qazox wrote:
Feburary 11, 2011-- Had a boil on my stomach lanced and was medded up for 2 weeks due to the pain. How'd I get the boil in the first place? Had a piece of rotting wood lodge itself about an inch left of my navel and never cleaned it out completely. It got infected, and instead of going outwards, went inside and stated attacking my fat cells. Waited 3 days after it first appeared (2/8/11) and started to hurt bad enough that i couldn't breathe or do anything w/o it feeling like I was being stabbed in the stomach. Doctor told me if I had waited another 36-48 hours before i came in I would have gone septic and would likely have had renal failure.

December 15th, 2010-- Was buring brush in the back yard using gasoline. There was a light wind, but nothing we (my brothers and I) haven't had to deal with. A strong gust of wind blew a big flaming ember right on top of the gas can and set it on fire. Tried to kick it into the firepit and splashed burning gas onto my right leg. Our dog, for some reason saw this and was trying to get close to me and I semi-stupidly kicked at the dog with my burning leg, fanning the falmes. Had a 2nd degree burn on my leg from 5" above my ankle to the mid-shin and it was about 6 inchesfrom side to side. Worst part was, had no car to get to doctor, so had to use just Neosporin, gauze and duct-tape to prevent my leg from getting infected. (Why didn't I go to the doctor afte car came abck, had no $$ and I wasn't in pain)

April 1st, 2008-- (Not an April Fool's Joke either) Tried to squish a fly in my room near the window with my left hand. Got the fly, and broke the win, necessitating 17 staples in my left thumb. (YES STAPLES). Couldn't use my left hand for about a month without either popping a staple or tearing at the repairing muscle. Luckily I missed the big vein and artery in the thumb by about 1/4 inch.

August 9, 2001-- Was working in a warehouse. Using a forklift i was getting a big heavy package off a set of racks in the far back storeroom. Unbeknownst to me, mostly beacuse the forklift was blocking the view, while manuovering the lift into place, i banged the rack, knocking over a few boxes next to the rack. After getting the package off the rack and starting to lower it, i heard the boxes being crushed. So I stopped the lift, raised the forks up and went to go see what was the problem. While getting out of the forklift, my left foot got caught on the seatbelt and I was hanging in the air, with my right leg hovering about 3 feet off of the ground. As soon as i twisted myself around to get my left foot unstuck, it unstuck itself and I landed hard on my right foot. I t hurt for a second, then nothing. I walked around on it, and it hurt while I walked, but thought i'd just sprained it. 3 weeks later, my foot overnight swelled up and it felt like someone was using my ankle as a dartboard. Went to the hospital and found out... I had multiple hair-line fractures. Good news? They were almost healed. Bad News? They weren't healing in the original postition, and now my ankle cracks every time I walk.

October 26th, 2000-- Was eating some Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream, when I got a sharp sudden pain in my jaw. Tried to finish the ice cream, but my jaw hurt too much. Went to the hospital, and found out that I broke 4 teeth on a chunk of Cookie Dough. Yep. Probably the one person in the world whose broken their teeth on ice cream. No it wasn't the spoon, as i was using a plastic spoon to eat it and we know those things could barely hurt a fly.

And those are my most recent 5 major injuries... let's see here:

I've had my right index fingertip almost sliced off my a soup can lid.
Got a 2" deep gash from a brokwn window that almost severed a major nerve bundle in my right hand.
About 7 or 8 other deep cuts from various other broken windows (Yes I liked punching windows as a kid when I was angry).
Broke my left wrist in 3 places, 1st break occured when I fell head over handlebars on my bike on a patch of black ice; the other two breaks occured when the bike flipped over me and landed on my wrist.
Broke 3 knuckles on my right hand puching a brick wall.
Got a 1" deep cut just missing my artery on my right wrist from blocking a knife someone tried to stab me with.
Lost my right middle fingernail when I was 7 by accidently slamming it into a heavy metal door.
Almost tore BOTH knees playing tackle football and walked home 3 miles afterwards; next day I felt like my knees were torn to shreds and couldn't walk for 3 days.
Fell off a chain fence and slammed my forehead onto solid concrete.
Got kicked in the upper thigh by a horse when I was 8.
Broke my left thumb after being shot by a paintball gun.
Accidently fired a nail from a nail-gun into my left foot (thank god I was wearing steel-toed boots).
Burned my left hand when I was 16 months old on the stove.
Got knocked unconcious for 5 minutes after I hit a parked car on a bike, trying to swerve away from a car that didn't see me.

So Do I win the "Held together with Duct-Tape, Band-aids and Gauze" award?

Just throwing my main portion back up the the newest page.
Wikipage/Qazox National Football Team
Qualified for World Cups 31, 33, 35-50, 54-59, 61, 62. Runners-up: CoH 52
Baptism of Fire 44 (w/Mangolana); World Baseball Classics 1, 4, 5, 10, 13 and 23; World Cup of Hockey 7 and 14; World Bowls IV & IX; IBC X; Baptism of Iron III and VIII; NSCAA Tourney II, III (conferences/regionals), The OXEN Cup; the TOUR de QAZOX, Qazoxian Sports Festival and NS X-Games/Winter X-Games I.
World Cups of Hockey 4 & 6; World Baseball Classics 6, 8 and 9, World Bowls 3 and XXI; Draggonnii Inviyatii V, IBC XI
xkcd 1110 (zoomable!)

Bafuria
Senator

Founded: Dec 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bafuria » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:26 pm

But hey, you intentionally broke a glass table with your head. That's kinda cool, albeit stupid.
Economic 3.1, Social -4.1

Unilisia
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unilisia » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:57 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Unilisia wrote:Just remembered one time in high school.

wat
I am the mighty Uni.

Tiami wrote:I bow before the mighty Uni.

Lackadaisical2 wrote:If it shocked Uni, I know I don't want to read it.
You win.

Kylarnatia wrote:Steep hill + wheelchair + my lap - I think we know where that goes ;)

Katganistan wrote:That is fucking stupid.

L Ron Cupboard wrote:He appears to be propelling himself out of the flames with explosive diarrhea while his mother does jazz hands.

Mike the Progressive wrote:Because women are gods, men are pigs, and we, the males, deserve to all be castrated.

Neo Arcad wrote:Uni doesn't sleep. She waits.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:Collector: "Why are these coins all sticky?"

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:59 pm

Unilisia wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

wat

Bad joke from me.