NATION

PASSWORD

The Great NSG Drinking Thread - Pick your Poison

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Sun Aut Ex
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Your most recent (alcoholic) drink.

Postby Sun Aut Ex » Thu May 20, 2010 11:40 am

And what was in it.

Right now, just a simple gin and tonic. Depression + alcohol = pseudo-happiness.
Strykyh wrote:I wasn't trying to be intelligent.

Keronians wrote:
So you think it's ok to waste valuable police time and resources to pander to minority superstitions?

"All available officers, report downtown, armed suspected firing wildly into the public."
"I'll be about ten minutes, I have to go to ID a Muslim woman."

Yes.

Unless of course it's not OK for a woman to ask for a female to ask for a female officer to carry out body checks. In which case, the answer would be no.

"All available officers, report downtown, armed suspected firing wildly into the public."
"I'll be about then minutes, I have to go to carry out a body check on a woman."

Ravea
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Ravea » Thu May 20, 2010 11:41 am

I've never had one, and I'm not planning on having one anytime soon.
~Omnia mutantur, nihil interit~

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu May 20, 2010 11:41 am

Mangoito.

Bacardi mixed with Mango flavored 'mojito' mix. Yummy!
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Sun Aut Ex
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sun Aut Ex » Thu May 20, 2010 11:42 am

Ravea wrote:I've never had one, and I'm not planning on having one anytime soon.

That silly religion of yours is preventing you from experiencing the only pleasurable thing in life.

(Seriously, let's not make this a religion debate)

Keronians wrote:
So you think it's ok to waste valuable police time and resources to pander to minority superstitions?

Yes.

Unless of course it's not OK for a woman to ask for a female to ask for a female officer to carry out body checks. In which case, the answer would be no.

"I'll be about then minutes, I have to go to carry out a body check on a woman."

Jeymz
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeymz » Thu May 20, 2010 11:43 am

I dont drink alcohol :p

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Thu May 20, 2010 11:43 am

Sun Aut Ex wrote:And what was in it.

Right now, just a simple gin and tonic. Depression + alcohol = pseudo-happiness.

Careful alcohol + depression = temporary happiness followed by worse depression.

Last drink was a Doppel Bock.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Ravea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ravea » Thu May 20, 2010 11:43 am

Sun Aut Ex wrote:
Ravea wrote:I've never had one, and I'm not planning on having one anytime soon.

That silly religion of yours is preventing you from experiencing the only pleasurable thing in life.

Though I am Muslim, that has nothing to do with it. I value being in a natural state of mind (i don't even use Tylenol or stuff like that) and, in my personal opinion, alcohol just tastes plain icky.
~Omnia mutantur, nihil interit~

Inchland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 26, 2007

Postby Inchland » Thu May 20, 2010 11:44 am

Last one I had was a pint of Bulmers Cider... Nearly 3 weeks ago
CELESTIAL DIVINITIES and NIGHTKILL THE EMPEROR and DENECAEP and KALASION and WWII History Geeks Asked To Be Here, I Said Yes.

Recipient of the Hahklallian Smartness Award, awarded to me by Hahklallah

Nightkill The Emperor again..... Just because
Tsarsgrad was here.

Lord-General Drache
Minister

Founded: May 10, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Lord-General Drache » Thu May 20, 2010 11:44 am

Sun Aut Ex wrote:And what was in it.

Yeah, alcohol is a depressant, so no. Anyways, hrm. Probably Circoc and orange juice about a month ago.
Life is mine to give and take; death is my bailiwick. I freely go where angels dare not tread, and have danced blades with the demons that lurk in your darkest nightmares.
RIP Colodia: 4/13/2011.

Yootopia
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Yootopia » Thu May 20, 2010 11:45 am

Glenfiddich, yesterday.
End the Modigarchy now.

Sun Aut Ex
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sun Aut Ex » Thu May 20, 2010 11:46 am

Ravea wrote:Though I am Muslim, that has nothing to do with it. I value being in a natural state of mind (i don't even use Tylenol or stuff like that) and, in my personal opinion, alcohol just tastes plain icky.

Odd, that's the opposite of me. I value being in an altered state of mind. Though I started in an altered state of mind (relative to normal people). So I figure I might as well gun the proverbial engine and plough straight through the proverbial garage.

Keronians wrote:

Yes.

Stone Village
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Stone Village » Thu May 20, 2010 11:46 am

I've only had a small cup of strawberry wine the other day. It was really good. :)
If rain drops were kisses, I'd send you showers, if hugs were oceans, I'd send you seas, and if love was a person, I'd send you me!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu May 20, 2010 11:47 am

Ravea wrote:
Sun Aut Ex wrote:

Though I am Muslim, that has nothing to do with it. I value being in a natural state of mind (i don't even use Tylenol or stuff like that) and, in my personal opinion, alcohol just tastes plain icky.

Which still makes me wonder how you wanting to stay away from alcohol makes this into a religious debate.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Stone Village
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Stone Village » Thu May 20, 2010 11:47 am

Stone Village wrote:I've only had a small cup of strawberry wine the other day. It was really good. :)

But no more wine tasting for me! I've got other things to do. :roll:
If rain drops were kisses, I'd send you showers, if hugs were oceans, I'd send you seas, and if love was a person, I'd send you me!

Sun Aut Ex
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sun Aut Ex » Thu May 20, 2010 11:48 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Which still makes me wonder how you wanting to stay away from alcohol makes this into a religious debate.

I wanted to make a clever comment without the risk of driving the thread off topic, is all.

Keronians wrote:

Yes.

The Imperial Navy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Navy » Thu May 20, 2010 11:49 am

Pear Cider. About a month ago.

SUPERFISHPIE
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby SUPERFISHPIE » Thu May 20, 2010 11:49 am

Same. 'Cos I'm cool :p
Zikatere zikatere, tiyeni tilowe m'bwalo!
In no particular order of importance:
The Environmentalist
The Freedom Legislator
The Accountant
The One Who Plays Strategic War Simulations In Lieu Of Actual Warring
The Social Contract-er
The Listener
The Teacher
The Transporter
The Bureaucrat
The Doctor
The Support
and The Jack of All Trades (who acts as a speaker for the council)

Tokos
Senator

Founded: Oct 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tokos » Thu May 20, 2010 11:49 am

Boddingtons. It was cheap. It also tasted like nothing, but went down easily. Too easily.
The Confederal Fasces of Tokos

Economic Left/Right: -6.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.05

Inchland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 26, 2007

Postby Inchland » Thu May 20, 2010 11:50 am

The Imperial Navy wrote:Pear Cider. About a month ago.

Yum, Pear cider is awesome 8)
CELESTIAL DIVINITIES and NIGHTKILL THE EMPEROR and DENECAEP and KALASION and WWII History Geeks Asked To Be Here, I Said Yes.

Recipient of the Hahklallian Smartness Award, awarded to me by Hahklallah

Nightkill The Emperor again..... Just because
Tsarsgrad was here.

Krushthyneighbor
Attaché

Founded: Apr 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Krushthyneighbor » Thu May 20, 2010 11:50 am

DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE. Someone got to be the responsible here. Tequilla + Beer
Last edited by Krushthyneighbor on Thu May 20, 2010 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aut Ex
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sun Aut Ex » Thu May 20, 2010 11:51 am

Tokos wrote:Boddingtons. It was cheap. It also tasted like nothing, but went down easily. Too easily.

Hah. Here, cheap beer definitely has a taste. Namely, it has the taste of gasoline.

Keronians wrote:

Yes.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu May 20, 2010 11:51 am

Sun Aut Ex wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Which still makes me wonder how you wanting to stay away from alcohol makes this into a religious debate.

I wanted to make a clever comment without the risk of driving the thread off topic, is all.

The comment, tbh, wasn't clever at all. Wanting to not drink alcohol has nothing to do with religion. It's a personal choice and I see no reason for you, or anyone else, to condemn that.
Slava Ukraini

Sun Aut Ex
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sun Aut Ex » Thu May 20, 2010 11:51 am

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:The comment, tbh, wasn't clever at all. Wanting to not drink alcohol has nothing to do with religion. It's a personal choice and I see no reason for you, or anyone else, to condemn that.

It was a joke. Mostly. Can we just drop it?

Keronians wrote:

Yes.

The Imperial Navy
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Navy » Thu May 20, 2010 11:53 am

Inchland wrote:
The Imperial Navy wrote:Pear Cider. About a month ago.

Yum, Pear cider is awesome 8)

Indeed, it's actually sweet for an Achoholic drink.

Georgism
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Georgism » Thu May 20, 2010 11:53 am

Fosters, snakebite, bit of JD- last weekend's Prom after party.

Was fucking awesome :)
Georgism Factbook (including questions and answers)
¯\(°_o)/¯
Horsefish wrote:I agree with George

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General