NATION

PASSWORD

Attraction is Objectification

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:09 am

The Anti-Cosmic Gods wrote:One that has been developed after multiple failed attempts at romance, I'd wager.

People react differently... or maybe I'm just too optimistic.

The Anti-Cosmic Gods
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anti-Cosmic Gods » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:11 am

Samuraikoku wrote:
The Anti-Cosmic Gods wrote:One that has been developed after multiple failed attempts at romance, I'd wager.

90% of this poster's threads are about how friendship is illogical and attraction is objectification. Either he's a really elaborate troll, or no one wanted to be his friend or fuck him- so now these things are immoral and he's one of the few individuals enlightened enough to see it.
Last edited by The Anti-Cosmic Gods on Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:12 am

Lauchlin wrote:Why do you think a happy couple has power asymmetries? Does it occur to you that your accounting of their relative power may be lacking?

A happy couple has power asymmetries if one is contributing more than the other. It means that one is putting in more and getting less out. That is exploitation.
This is why gay marriage will destroy American families.
Gays are made up of gaytrinos and they interact via faggons, which are massless spin 2 particles. They're massless because gays care so much about their weight, and have spin 2, cause that's as much spin as particles can get, and liberals love spin. The exchange of spin 2 particles creates an attractive force between objects, which is why gays are so promiscuous. When gays get "settle down" into a lower energy state by marrying, they release faggon particles in the form of gaydiation. Everyone is a little bit gay, so every human body has some gaytrinos in it, meaning that the gaydiation could cause straight people to be attracted to gays and choose to turn gay.

The Anti-Cosmic Gods
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anti-Cosmic Gods » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:12 am

Mutual attraction leads to mutual objectification. EQUALITY!

Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:13 am

The Anti-Cosmic Gods wrote:90% of this poster's threads are about how friendship is illogical and attraction is objectification. Either he's a really elaborate troll, or no one wanted to be his friend or fuck him- so now these things are immoral and he's one of the few individuals enlightened enough to see it.

I rejected offers to be someone's boyfriend. I've had acquaintances, but didn't let them grow into actual friendships.
Gays are made up of gaytrinos and they interact via faggons, which are massless spin 2 particles. They're massless because gays care so much about their weight, and have spin 2, cause that's as much spin as particles can get, and liberals love spin. The exchange of spin 2 particles creates an attractive force between objects, which is why gays are so promiscuous. When gays get "settle down" into a lower energy state by marrying, they release faggon particles in the form of gaydiation. Everyone is a little bit gay, so every human body has some gaytrinos in it, meaning that the gaydiation could cause straight people to be attracted to gays and choose to turn gay.

The Congregationists
Ambassador

Founded: May 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Congregationists » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:13 am

The Anti-Cosmic Gods wrote:90% of this poster's threads are about how friendship is illogical and attraction is objectification. Either he's a really elaborate troll, or no one wanted to be his friend or fuck him- so now these things are immoral and he's one of the few individuals enlightened enough to see it.

Elaborate troll is elaborate?

Probobly a true analysis, btw. Or else he's been burned or traumatized somehow.
Last edited by The Congregationists on Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
•Criticism of sentimental love, marriage, sex, religion, and rituals.
•Valuing reason over emotion and imagination
•Ironic, indirect, and impersonal (objective) representation of ideas.
•Uncompromising criticism of romantic illusions.
•Advocacy of pragmatism and disapproval of idealism and ideology.
•Especially vehement opposition to neo-liberalism, social democracy, communism, libertarianism and feminism.
•Satirisation of irrational and whimsical attitudes of the so-called creative class.
•Criticism of social, political, cultural, and moral customs and manners of the contemporary society.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:14 am

Four-sided Triangles wrote:

I rejected offers to be someone's boyfriend. I've had acquaintances, but didn't let them grow into actual friendships.

Then you missed chances to offer the maximum of good to other beings.

... You failed in your morality.

Good day.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:14 am

Four-sided Triangles wrote:I rejected offers to be someone's boyfriend. I've had acquaintances, but didn't let them grow into actual friendships.

I'd give my life for your luck.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:15 am

Lauchlin wrote:Why do you think a happy couple has power asymmetries? Does it occur to you that your accounting of their relative power may be lacking?

A happy couple has power asymmetries if one is contributing more than the other. It means that one is putting in more and getting less out. That is exploitation.

It's also poor math, because you're assuming that all the values have the same units.
I identify as
a problem

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:15 am

The Anti-Cosmic Gods wrote:
Samuraikoku wrote:

90% of this poster's threads are about how friendship is illogical and attraction is objectification. Either he's a really elaborate troll, or no one wanted to be his friend or fuck him- so now these things are immoral and he's one of the few individuals enlightened enough to see it.

Which from this thread's count might make him a mod-sanctioned troll.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:16 am

Grave_n_idle wrote:It's also poor math, because you're assuming that all the values have the same units.

You simply translate them all into monetary equivalences.

The Anti-Cosmic Gods
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anti-Cosmic Gods » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:16 am

That was probably after your awkward teenage years, when all the pretty girls made fun of your acne and all the cool jocks didn't want to hang out with you. But now you've shown them! You've ascended to a plane of wisdom they can only dream of. And now you're showing everyone by rejecting society's offers of companionship.

While you live your sad, miserable existence out as a hermit somewhere I'll be getting laid.
Last edited by The Anti-Cosmic Gods on Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grave_n_idle
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 11, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Grave_n_idle » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:17 am

Grave_n_idle wrote:It's also poor math, because you're assuming that all the values have the same units.

No, I don't - because doing so would be nonsense.

If I want a kebab, and it costs me two dollars, I can assign a monetary value to both the dollars and the kebab, but I can only eat the kebab.
I identify as
a problem

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:18 am

Hey 4ST, if you can (if you're able to, have time, no hurry), please try to answer this to me.

Samuraikoku wrote:If the morality you're going to live under leads you to lack of happiness, then why follow it?

Great Nepal
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:18 am

Okay, translate "pleasure" into momentary equivalence.
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Nov 29, 1995 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lauchlin
Minister

Founded: Jun 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lauchlin » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:18 am

No, your issue is that you are defining the terms incorrectly. A person who is happy in his or her relationship is receiving the maximum that can be received from that process. Think of it more as an asymptotic approach to a fixed limit, like c. Putting energy into the system increases happiness, but the amount of energy necessary to reach the same limit may vary. After a certain point, increased energy expenditure leads to a diminishing returns on further happiness.

Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:19 am

The Anti-Cosmic Gods wrote:That was probably after your awkward teenage years, when all the pretty girls made fun of your acne and all the cool jocks didn't want to hang out with you. But now you've shown them! You've ascended to a plane of wisdom they can only dream of. And now you're showing everyone by rejecting society's offers of companionship.

Cute, but ultimately wrong. I was never bullied. I never tried to get a girlfriend in my entire life.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:19 am

Great Nepal wrote:

Okay, translate "pleasure" into momentary equivalence.

*dials Vegas*

"Yes? Yes? Ok, $150 per hour? Ok cool."

$150/hr.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

The Anti-Cosmic Gods
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anti-Cosmic Gods » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:19 am

The Anti-Cosmic Gods wrote:That was probably after your awkward teenage years, when all the pretty girls made fun of your acne and all the cool jocks didn't want to hang out with you. But now you've shown them! You've ascended to a plane of wisdom they can only dream of. And now you're showing everyone by rejecting society's offers of companionship.

Cute, but ultimately wrong. I was never bullied. I never tried to get a girlfriend in my entire life.

Lies and denial wont make the years of hurt and awkwardness go away.
Last edited by The Anti-Cosmic Gods on Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:20 am

The Anti-Cosmic Gods wrote:

That was probably after your awkward teenage years, when all the pretty girls made fun of your acne and all the cool jocks didn't want to hang out with you. But now you've shown them! You've ascended to a plane of wisdom they can only dream of. And now you're showing everyone by rejecting society's offers of companionship.

While you live your sad, miserable existence out as a hermit somewhere I'll be getting laid.

And hoping everyone realizes his dreams of a ball-chopping Amazonian matriarchy.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Lauchlin
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lauchlin » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:20 am

Samuraikoku wrote:Hey 4ST, if you can (if you're able to, have time, no hurry), please try to answer this to me.

Samuraikoku wrote:If the morality you're going to live under leads you to lack of happiness, then why follow it?

He gets more satisfaction out of being "moral" than he does out of being "happy."

Edit: Or at least likes to think that he does, anyway.
Last edited by Lauchlin on Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:20 am

Grave_n_idle wrote:No, I don't - because doing so would be nonsense.

If I want a kebab, and it costs me two dollars, I can assign a monetary value to both the dollars and the kebab, but I can only eat the kebab.

But you value a kebab at a certain amount. There exists a certain price beyond which you would not buy this food item. That is the amount of value you assign to it and is therefore the monetary equivalent of the item.

Four-sided Triangles
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Four-sided Triangles » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:22 am

The Anti-Cosmic Gods wrote:Lies and denial wont make the years of hurt and awkwardness go away.

And trying to fit people you disagree with into your own fictional sexist narratives won't magically get rid of their arguments.

Lauchlin
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Lauchlin » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:23 am

Grave_n_idle wrote:No, I don't - because doing so would be nonsense.

But you value a kebab at a certain amount. There exists a certain price beyond which you would not buy this food item. That is the amount of value you assign to it and is therefore the monetary equivalent of the item.

You missed the point. Your insistence that all values can be adequately translated into monetary values only demonstrates that you don't understand the real value of certain things.

The Anti-Cosmic Gods
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anti-Cosmic Gods » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:23 am

The Anti-Cosmic Gods wrote:Lies and denial wont make the years of hurt and awkwardness go away.

And trying to fit people you disagree with into your own fictional sexist narratives won't magically get rid of their arguments.

It does if their arguments are hilarious and weak enough.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General